PM - Default Posting Date For Voids

Is there an option to set the default date for the Void Date to the current
date vs. the trasaction date?

Meaning that I want to use the current date as the posting date instead of
the doc date, without having to remember to change it manually (senility).

Thanks

Jeff G

0
JGarrison (9)

Jeff,

There is no option to do this, you have to keep changing the date manually
unless you want to have a customization that does this.

--
Victoria Yudin
GP MVP

"Jeff G" <jgarrison@theathletesfoot.com> wrote in message
> Is there an option to set the default date for the Void Date to the
> current date vs. the trasaction date?
>
> Meaning that I want to use the current date as the posting date instead of
> the doc date, without having to remember to change it manually (senility).
>
> Thanks
>
> Jeff G

0
victoria (3340)

how to format :send picture with message: as a default
each time i sent a graphic i must go to the format and click "send picture with message." how do I make this a default so it is there permanently.I am running on a Windows XP and am using Outlook Express for my mail. LYNNY <LYNNY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > each time i sent a graphic i must go to the format and click "send > picture with message." how do I make this a default so it is there > permanently.I am running on a Windows XP and am using Outlook Express > for my mail. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

count between a date range
Hi, I want to be able to count between a date range and return the value yes. I will show you the formula I currently have: =IF(M2>=DateCell-365,"Yes","No") This gives a yes if the date is greater than the date in M2 minus 365. This however cincludes all the dates beyond M2 which isnt what I want. I want the dates upto M2. If that makes sense? Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Try.. =IF(M2>=datecell-DATE(1,0,0),"Yes","No") -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Dave" wrote: > Hi, I want to be able to count be...

Help with Dates
Hi all, I have a table with field name "ConnectionDate". I want to create a form with ComboBox that will show the "ConnectionDate" as month and year only. The value the user will choose will be a criteria for a query. Please help. TIA, Tom ?Format(Date,"mmyyyy") would return 112007 so, SELECT Format(ConnectionDate,"mmyyyy") AS ConnectDate FROM SomeTable -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Tom" wrote: > Hi all, > > I have a table with field name "ConnectionDate". > I want to create a form with ComboBox tha...

Converting Dates from YYMMDD to MMDDYYYY
Hi All; I'm looking for a format function that will convert a date in the text format of YYMMDD to text format of MMDDYYYY. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks in advance! You can't do it using a Format function, but try: Function SwitchDateFormat(YYMMDD As String) As String Dim strDay As String Dim strMonth As String Dim strYear As String If Len(YYMMDD) = 6 Then strYear = Left$(YYMMDD, 2) strMonth = Mid$(YYMMDD, 3, 2) strDay = Right$(YYMMDD, 2) If strYear < "30" Then strYear = "19" & strYear Else strYear =...

alter default view for operations
I'd like to just see parameter types, not names. I don't want to see: methodName( in request : LongRequestObjectName ) : ResponseObjectName I'd like to see: methodName( LongRequestObjectName ) : ResponseObjectName -------------- Justin ...

Creating a new default message template
I have a email template that I want to make the default. In other words, when you click on New to create a new email, I want the message template that I have created to come up as the default. Does anyone know how to do this? What you are proposing is a very bad idea. Using a custom form as the = default for new messages will guarantee that non-Outlook recipients = won't be able to read attachments you send.=20 I'd suggest that you back up and explain what functionality you were = hoping to add by changing the message form, and in what version of = Outlook.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, ...

Changing default address book from Global to Contacts
I would like to change the Outlook 2000 default of listing the Global Adress book from our internal network to opening our shared business contacts when you click the "To:" button when addressing a new email. Does anybody know how to accomplish this? Thank you in advance. Go to Tools > Options > Addressing Tab and choose which Contacts folder to show first. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Brad Streeeer" <brad@aerospecialties.com> wrote in message news:0b2501c3c3f4$f69d8220$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to change the Outlook 2000 default of listing &...

Automatic Data Entry Script OnChange Event for Date Field.
Hi, Sub: Automatic Data Entry Script OnChange Event for Date Field. has anyone assigned 'Today date'( new Date()) to a custom date filed on the form - OnChange of a Picklist field, I have the following code. DatefiledName.value = new Date(); This assigns, currect date to the field, but then when I save it does not like it. When I manually assign a date it displays in the format mm/dd/yyyy, and saves correctly, so I changed the script to: d= new Date(); s = d.(getMonth() +1); s += '/' + d.getDate(); s += '/' + d.getFullYear(); DatefiledName.value = s; This also acc...

email defaults to personal folder
Hello we have run into a new problem at my work. About 5 new people started recently and the all tried to open their email accounts before they were properly setup. Because no server was entered they now have a top folder called "Personal Folders". What we have been doing to fix the situation is to right click on the outlook icon choose > properties > email accounts > Add a new email account. This method then adds the user's mailbox to outlook. The problem however is that we have lost old calendar information as well as the mail defaults to the personal folder ...

Invoices not posted to GL
In the process of creating a P&L Report in Crystal, we discovered that there's a list of about 600 transactions in SOP and RCV modules which ARE NOT located in the GL. We've tracked down that they have the following common characteristics: Batch Source = *Sales Entry Document Status = Posted Also, they are not stuck in the Master Posting section since all our transactions post through the GL. Any ideas how we can trick the system into posting those transactions to the GL? If I changed them all to "Unposted" would they appear somewhere where we could post them...

number changes to date ... how do I change
I am trying to do an "age" range: 1-9 10-19 20-29 Instead I get September 9, 2004 or October 19 I can't figure out how to change it. Please help! Thank you! kk Format->Cells->Number Change the type to Text, and it should keep everything the way you want it. If you don't specify a type, Excel takes a guess based on what you enter. Hope that helps. -Bob --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Defaults in Publisher 2003
Is there a way of changing defaults in Publisher 2003. Specifically I want to: * set default measurement unit to centimeters * set default border of a text box to black line, .75 pt * set Tools menu>Commercial Printing Tools>Fonts so that TrueType fonts are always embedded. Many thanks Chris ...

Automatic date/time aquisition for graphs
Ok, I collect particle count data for a cleanroom which looks like th following: "LASAIR110","04/05/19","15:47:41",2700.0,45.00,"V6.3",0,0,0,1,433,486,236,113,294,196,103,328,4.993,1.0000,0.000,0.000,0.000,0.000,0.000,"22de" "LASAIR110","04/05/19","16:33:15",2700.0,45.00,"V6.3",0,0,0,1,458,432,163,55,107,55,46,139,5.007,1.0000,0.000,0.000,0.000,0.000,0.000,2299 "LASAIR110","04/05/19","17:18:49",2700.0,45.00,"V6.3",0,0,0,1,305,286,76,29,14,1,0,0,5.017,1.0000,0.000...

Date Range
When I use the following macro, what reference range is being employed that makes certain decisions for the conversion? For example, when I have a date of 1/12/46, this converts to January 12, 1946, not January 12, 2046; when I have a date of 1/14/20, this converts to January 14, 2020, not January 14, 1920; when I have a date of 2/3//10 this converts to February 3, 2010 not February 3, 1910??? Seems like this was only project so far into the future. I haven't tried all numbers but once you reach that boundary it assigns the 20th century to any number there and above. Su...

Calculating Date Fields
I have a document that is filled with FormFields and users go from field to field filling the fields for a final document. I have been reading up on 'calculated dates' but have not seen a scenario like this. Three of my formfields are "Date1", "Date2" and "Date180." What I am trying to figure out is how to evaluate/compare Date1 and Date2 to see which is the earliest and then provide in Date180 the date 180 days from the earliest date. (Unless the form is blank there will always be a Date1, but there may not be a Date2 and if Date2 exist...

Combo box default value multiautocomplete
Hi All i have a subform with 10 item. The first one is a combo box that can choose the value from a list that is linked to a table with many record. This subform is related to the master form with link master field codice,cognome,nome link child field codice,cognome,nome that are the other items that are not visualize in the subform. These link give me the right connection to the master form. Normally when i choose the value from list (table) i place also all the other item in the subform using this code in after update precedure Me.ISEE.Value = Me.ISEE.Column(0) Me.F_Costo_con_M...

Web hyperlinks: default browser and resulting browser window size?
Hi, Am using Excel 97 (I know it is old but I like it!) with Windows XP Pro (SP2). Have a series of web hyperlinks in a worksheet, that load the current chart for a specified chart, from Yahoo Finance. For example: http://chart.finance.yahoo.com/c/1y/c/tls.ax will load the chart for the Australian telco "Telstra". All the links work just fine but have two questions: 1) My default internet browser is Firefox but the links always open Internet Explorer. Is there a way to ensure that Firefox is used? 2) The loaded chart appears in a maximised IE window. Which is a bit silly as t...

How to get task manager CPU and default memory column values
I need to return CPU and memory columns for each process in server from web service like task manager shows by default. I tried code below but s.TotalProcessorTime throws Win32exception with stack below. How to get CPU and real memory size from server using web service ? Andrus. static void Processes(StringBuilder sb) { List<Process> processes = new List<Process>(); foreach (Process process in Process.GetProcesses()) processes.Add(process); processes.Sort((a, b) => { ...

Set receive connector back to its defaults
Hello all I need to set the receive connector on the hub transport role back to its defaults. I am running the command set-receiveconnector -identity (name of connector) -permissionsgroup (groupnames) i can only add in one group, how can i add multiple groups to the command? What i am trying to acomplish is i dont want my hub transport server to repsond to a SMTP session unless its from the Edge server. I have tried configuring the "receive mail from remote server with ip" i added in the ip of the edge server but that didnt seem to work, as i can open up a telnet session t...

M04, Go to Online Services, default selection
Whenever I synch with my bank, MS Money defaults to 1) Download quotes, News, and Exchange Rates 2) Get the latest money updates I'd prefer to do neither by default. Can I turn these selections to default "off"? TIA ...

Need to convert Julian Day to Gregorian date
I have a table that has a year field and day field. I only need to convert the day field which is a Julian date to Gregorian. If possible in a query. If not then in a module, but, I'm real rusty with access so please give explicit instructions. I have found some codes but have not been able to make them work with the table, I'm sure its me. Thanks for any help you can provide me with. There are loads of examples out there. The simplist one I could find that works is SELECT DatePart("y",[TableName]![FieldName])+(Year(Now())-1900)*1000 AS NewDate FROM TableName; -- ...

Custom or conditional format to highlight today's date?
Using Excel 2002, I have all 365 days of the year listed in column B, formatted as "03/14/01". When i open the workbook, I would like the current date to be bold and red. Can I do this with a conditional format? I have tried =Today with no success. Thanks Tonso "Tonso" <wthomasss@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:13885af2-777c-43ff-9684-1b5bda8d95d6@o6g2000yql.googlegroups.com... > Using Excel 2002, I have all 365 days of the year listed in column B, > formatted as "03/14/01". When i open the workbook, I would like the > current date to b...

changing the default type of searching in the find function
When I try to search something in Excel 2003 the default LOOK IN type is FORMULAS. How do I set VALUE as default? Saved from a previous post: Excel tries to help by remembering the last settings you used--except for the first search in that session. You can use that to your advantage. You could make a dummy workbook and put it in your xlStart folder. Have a macro in that workbook that does a find (and sets all the stuff the way you like). Then closes and gets out of the way. Option Explicit Sub auto_open() Worksheets("sheet1").Cells.Find What:="", After:=A...

Changing shape of default pointer
How do I change the default pointer from a cross to an arrow (or whatever else might be available)? My mouse setting in control panel is for default arrow pointer, which appears in other applications. Thanks, Michael Hi see Excel.misc P.S.: please don't multipost -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Michael wrote: > How do I change the default pointer from a cross to an > arrow (or whatever else might be available)? My mouse > setting in control panel is for default arrow pointer, > which appears in other applications. > > Thanks, > > Michael Hi ...

Default Reply Address/Recipient Update Policy
I have an Exchange 2003 setup on an SBS 2003 server. All users have been created. When I use AD Users and Computers to change one user's default reply address to something other than the alias, it gets changed back automatically. I understand that on user creation, this is what it uses. But, it has always been my understanding that once the user has been created, you can then change on a user basis. I have users in the company that use initials as email, some that use firstinitial/lastname and some that use full name. I have at least 10 other Exchange servers (3 of those being 2000)...