Percentage Billing for Contracts

Hi, I am trying to determine if GP has a % Billing for Contracts, and if so
in what module, and has anyone had any positive or negative experience of it.
Many thanks
John
0
NewToGP (6)

I assume you are asking about Services Type Contracts that are POC. If so
than you need to look at the "Project Accounting Module". Great Plains also
has a "Maintenance Contracts" module for invoicing and performaing revenue
recognition on "Service Type Contracts". Project Accounting is complex and
you may want to ask your VAR about the product. We have been using both
modules for over 4 years.

"NewToGP" wrote:

> Hi, I am trying to determine if GP has a % Billing for Contracts, and if so
> in what module, and has anyone had any positive or negative experience of it.
> Many thanks
> John
I have a business that bills contracts, as well as time and material based
services.  Does the project accounting enable the billing rule type
functionality to handle this.  And, does it integrate with Project, allowing
me to create tasks in projects and then assign various billing rules for
customers as well as cost rules for resources??

"Charlie Zarzour" wrote:

> I assume you are asking about Services Type Contracts that are POC. If so
> than you need to look at the "Project Accounting Module". Great Plains also
> has a "Maintenance Contracts" module for invoicing and performaing revenue
> recognition on "Service Type Contracts". Project Accounting is complex and
> you may want to ask your VAR about the product. We have been using both
> modules for over 4 years.
>
> "NewToGP" wrote:
>
> > Hi, I am trying to determine if GP has a % Billing for Contracts, and if so
> > in what module, and has anyone had any positive or negative experience of it.
> > Many thanks
> > John

Mortgage bill incorrect
I have set up an automatic bill for my mortgage payment using Money Plus Delux that includes extra principal. It displays correctly when I edit the series but when I click on the "Enter in register" button, the dialog box comes up with just the loan amount. I originally imported this from Money 2003 where it worked and I deleted and reentered it but to no avail. Thanks, ...

gift certificate layout like a dollar bill #2
Trying to find a gift certificate layout like a 25 dollar bill that I can add a URL to. ...

Bill Gates has backed this up. Unreal
http://theroadmap2riches.com http://100percentcashnow.com http://rm2r.com http://rm2riches.com http://aroadmaptoriches.com ================================= Wealth Magnet System http://wealthmagnetglobal.com http://wealthrich.net http://awealthmagnet.com http://beaweallthmagnet.com http://wealthmagnetking.com ================================= Perfect Wealth Formula http://whyjoinpwf.com http://nopassups.com http://mlmis4suckers.com ================================= Now I will describe to you briefly what each of these ingenious moneymaking systems contain. Wealth Magnet Syst...

Excel 2003 -- I need to know how to calculate a percentage of uni.
Hi post your question as body of your message -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Kelly" <Kelly@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:533CD086-6817-4A78-8D00-DD60D5A433B9@microsoft.com... > ...

Bills
When creating a recurring bill Microsoft Essential Trial Version - in Payment Information, under Payment Method I only have the option to select "Write Check?" Also, under Category I don't see "Bills" are anything that I can associate my cable bill too. I also don't see an sub-categories associated with Bills, such as Electricity, etc. Is this a glitch? A major miss by Microsoft? Or, is this due to the limitation of the Trial Version? Any assistance would be appreciated! Thanks in Advance! In microsoft.public.money, Dinopazino wrote: >When creati...

M06 turned my recuring bill into a payment.
I had a recurring bill that I had edited individual payments for. Well, I wanted to reevalute the payment plan so I edited the series and told Money to reformat them back to the way they were. Instead it turned them into a payment to me! I now receive $167/mo from my creditor. How do I turn it back? How do I keep it from happening again? I can't find a way to change it back into a Bill. Tom P. In microsoft.public.money, Tom P. wrote: > How do I turn it back? File->Restore. By default Money 2006 keeps, I think, the latest 4 backups. I like to increase that number. Cal ...

Billing rate Contract line
Has anyone used the field "Billing" rate in the Contract line schema. What can it be used for. Hans I. Letnes ------=_NextPart_0001_721196C0 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit That field is used to calculate the cost per case. It will take the total price of the contract line item and divide that by the number of cases to come up with the cost per case. Warm Regards, Shawn Nulph | Microsoft CRM | Microsoft Business Solutions This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use. � 2003 Mi...

Editing a recurring Bill changes it from a Withdrawal to a Deposit
I have a series of recurring bills; when a new bill comes in the mail, if the amount or due date change, I typically edit the recurring bill so the information is ready at the next pay date. Since Jan 1, 2009 or so, whenever I go in to edit the bill, I find that Every Bill is now a Paycheck, and instead of being a Withdrawal, it's a Deposit! The Account and Payee are switched, and Check payment method is not available. I find in the Paycheck dialog, that there's an unassigned amount equal to twice the total bill, and when trying to finish the edit, I'm told to Adjust the ...

Pie Chart and percentages
I track expenses in Excel. I have columns for various categories of expenses, and a single column for departmental income. When I create a pie chart to track expenses, it shows what percentage of all of the expenses comes from each category. I want it to show what percentage OF THE INCOME is from each category of expense (i.e.: Expense A is 14% of the income, Expense B is 2% of the income, etc). I'm pretty new to Excel (other than plugging data into worksheets someone else created). Is this a complicated chart to set up? Calculate the desired percentage in adjacent columns an...

Transfer from Bills ETC
I have a recurring transfer set up from checking to credit card. The problem it deducts from the checking fine but it adds to the credit card as a debit rather than a credit. I am using money 2004 and all of this was transferred from money 2000 2001 2002 2003 which worked fine now in 2004 it works as described. How do I correct this to work properly again. This has a different balance monthly so could I when entering the amount to transfer enclose it in < >. Any help? I would check that the credit card is set up as a credit card (go to the account details and check that the account typ...

QUICK HELP
I need to take a schedule and reduce all the total hours across the board by 30% ... is there an easy way to do this?? in a panic trying to get proposal out.... Thanks, J Hi Try: Insert Work column or apply Work Table Copy Work column to Excel Use Replace to remove h for hours Use formula to calculate new values copy paste back into Project Work column. -- Rod Gill Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http://www.projectvbabook.com "JPD" <jdescant@gmail.com> wrote in messag...

Bill Payment posting as income
Hello, I am very new to this product, but am having trouble with a paid credit card bill showing up as income. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks. -- Mary L Not without more data. How is the payment transaction getting into the account register? Which account register(s) does it show up in? Is it in the Credit Card Account register and "categorized" as a Transfer or a Credit Card Payment from some other account? What type of account is the Credit Card Account setup as? Why do you say it's showing up as income--i.e., where are you seeing this indication, a report, what?...

how do i get annual percentage difference reports in excel
i'm looking to compare two sets of figures for year on year accounts and would like to ahve the percentage difference calculated whether it be positive or negative, i.e. whether sales have increased or fallen on that week compared to the same week last year. i could do this with a calculator and do it manually but i have a lot of data to crunch and need a helping hand thanks =(Thisyearcellref-Lastyearcellref)/Lastyearcellref Format the result as % "mitch" <mitch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E29EACEC-B7C0-4400-A6A3-72F42E33A694@microsoft.com... ...

How to track Zero-Coupon Bonds or U.S. Treasury Bills
I've looked all over the internet for the answer to this one, and the only one I found was that you could create entries for reinvested interest; however, doing that would affect your tax calculations and wouldn't accurately reflect your income. I'm glad to say, I've figured out a better way that will really track the performance and correctly state your portfolio value without affecting the tax calculations. So on to sharing the wealth: Say you buy a $10,000 6 month Treasury Bill at the discount rate of 97.4773. You would make an entry into your portfolio account for a...

Estimating balance after paying bills
In previous money versions, you could highlight several bills and, as long as they were being paid from the same account, you would see what the balance of that account would be after paying the bills. Now in 2006, I can't do it! It's such a simple thing, I can't believe how painful it makes paying bills not having it! Did they really remove it??? See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=34. "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A8D405C2-67D4-40E9-85F3-082DCECD41E8@microsoft.com... > In previous money versions, you could highlight severa...

delete a contract
hi; how can i delete a contract that it's date is expired?i am using MS CRM 3.0. thanks. Hi Shima, I'm using CRM 4.0 and found that once a contract it expired, it cannot be deleted. I raised this with MS as a suggestion, as it should certainly be an option. Perhaps some clever people who know more than I can get into the database manually and delete the record if you were desperatly needing to delete it. Cheers Matt "shima" wrote: > hi; > how can i delete a contract that it's date is expired?i am using MS CRM 3.0. > thanks. ...

Bill Yanaire Syndrome
Bill Yanaire's condition is deteriorating Hios case is now classifed as: Mental Retardation - Subnormal intellectual development or functioning that is the result of congenital causes, brain injury, or disease and is characterized by any of various deficiencies, ranging from impaired learning ability to social and vocational inadequacy. There is a cycle that repeats itself in the world of insults, having to do with adopting scientific medical terms and using them as insults. The weird rules that apply to "socially acceptable" insults eventually catches up to th...

Mortgage Account Automated Register Entry via Loan and/or Scheduled Bills
I am trying to achieve the following: A. Make monthly entry in Mortgage account register and apply principle and interest with each automated debit payment. Track with initial amortization schedule. B. Apply principle, interest, taxes, and insurance from the same schedule into their respective budget categories. C. Track PITI above as each payment is applied. I set up a loan and got automated entries into the Mortgage Register, but no debit entries from Checking and no reflection of the values or activities in Budget. I then set up a Scheduled Bill and split the categories for ...

Q re expensing credit card expense + payment of c.c. bill
I've got a checking account and a credit card account set up. I charge a lot. I categorize expenses in my credit card account. When I pay the (large) bill to the credit card company from my checking account, this transfer is counted as an expense. Thus, in the pie chart, my credit card expenses get counted twice - once when charged (in the credit card account, under a corresponding category), and once when I pay the credit card bill from the checking account (in the checking account, under the category Credit Card Payments/Transfers). It seems like there should be a way for th...

setting up online bill pay money 2002
I use bank of America. When I tried to sign up for online bill pay, I recieved a web page with a message that there isn't a microsoft web page that matches your entry. I have online bill pay through my bank but would like to use it through money 2002. Anyone have any suggestions on how to sign up a different way? Thanks, Stacy ...

Phone bill nightmare
I am using Office 2003 I have a telephone bill which contains about 500 different calls with the numbers listed and amount charged. I have copied the relevant columns to a worksheet (Call it Worksheet X) A B C D date phone # $ amount person responsible there are about 500 rows A, B, C, I took from phone bill and sorted the numbers in column B. In Column D I would like to add the name of the person responsible for making the call. Now I have a list of numbers that these people called with their names (Call...

Workflow for contract
I am trying to define a workflow rule that will send e-mail when a contract is 90 days, 60 days, and 30 days away from expiry. I am looking at the wait for timer conditions, the only two fields that can trigger this type of workflow is the cancelon and createdon. I need to use the expireson field. Does anyone know of any way to achieve this with workflow? TIA. Rick. Rick, I spent a long time trying to work this out myself awhile ago. Unfortunately, as you've dicovered, you don't have access to the other date fields on the records for the "Wait For" rule. You have a coup...

Posting old bills
I am setting up Money 2006 to tract income and expenses for a rental property, but I need to back date it to 1/1/2007. How do I enter bills and deposits made in the past? Thanks Go to the account register and enter the manually. Just click on the next blank transaction and go to town. You may want to make sure you are using Advanced Register. If there are subsequent transactions already in these accounts and you have balanced the accounts to statements--as though these transactions were already entered--then you will have to adjust account beginning balances and/or Account Adjustment...

percentage splits #2
Quicken allows user to enter a % split based on $100 and save it as a 'template' of sorts. When user uses the 'template' whatever amount entered to be paid or deposited is automatically figured out by the program based on the % splits. Question: Can Money do this useful trick? TIA -- janrif Ridgefield CT USA I stand to be corrected, but I'm reasonably certain the answer is no. "janrif" <janrif@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D7E58B58-0DC8-4C24-BACC-4A3BB079FB63@microsoft.com... > Quicken allows user to enter a % split based o...

New page set to wrong percentage size
Hi, I usually view my pages at 100%. I wanted to show a separate, additional window at 75% which worked fine. However, every time I open a new window, it resorts to 75%. Is there a way to set the default back to 100% for new windows? Many thanks, Dave On 15 Nov, 07:30, Dave <enquir...@photographybyward.co.uk> wrote: > Hi, > > I usually view my pages at 100%. I wanted to show a separate, > additional window at 75% which worked fine. However, every time I open > a new window, it resorts to 75%. Is there a way to set the default > back to 100% for new win...