Payroll update hangs

Has anyone else had problems with the payroll update
engine?  This is the first time I'm using it as I just
upgraded to 7.0 this spring.  Our SUTA accrual was
ignoring the wage limit and calculating the tax based on
all wages, not just taxable ones.  Our VAR told us to
apply the R4 tax update even though it didn't seem to
apply to us.  I applied the update through the Payroll
Update Engine on my workstation, and it fixed the
report!  However, the other workstations still calculate
incorrectly, even though they all share a common
Reports.dic.  I tried applying the tax update again on
other workstations, but it always hangs just before it
finishes.  I'm at my wit's end.  Does anyone have a
suggestion?

Thanks.
0
anonymous (74722)

Try copying the Dynamics folder from the workstation that
is working correctly to the one that isn't working
correctly.  Even though you use the same Reports.dic, the
problem is actually in the program code.  When you
installed the update, it sounds like it also updated the
program as well as the tax tables.  Hope that helps.

0
anonymous (74722)
7/20/2004 3:58:44 PM
What I usually do is edit the Dynamics.set file so that the subsequently
updated workstations are pathed locally instead of to the shared Reports.dic
and Forms.dic.  That way, it will update the code but not try to upgrade the
dictionary again.  After you are done upgrading the workstation, change the
set file back (or keep a copy to replace).

"Sara Fitzgerald" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone else had problems with the payroll update
> engine?  This is the first time I'm using it as I just
> upgraded to 7.0 this spring.  Our SUTA accrual was
> ignoring the wage limit and calculating the tax based on
> all wages, not just taxable ones.  Our VAR told us to
> apply the R4 tax update even though it didn't seem to
> apply to us.  I applied the update through the Payroll
> Update Engine on my workstation, and it fixed the
> report!  However, the other workstations still calculate
> incorrectly, even though they all share a common
> Reports.dic.  I tried applying the tax update again on
> other workstations, but it always hangs just before it
> finishes.  I'm at my wit's end.  Does anyone have a
> suggestion?
>
> Thanks.

Outlook 2003 hangs when using Word 2003 as email editor
I'm having a recent problem with Outlook 2003. When using Word 2003 as email editor and attempting to reply to a message, my application hangs for a long time. I then can release it only but closing Word through task manager. Microsoft is evidently aware of this problem by posting "Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 278214," but without providing a resolution or workaround. I've repaired Outlook and uninstalled both applications, then reinstalled. I've deleted the 2 add-ins and installed Outlook and Word without any success. Can anyone help me? I really li...

Payroll and attendance
Dear All, I have an access file for the employees attendance. The main Table Includes all year long attendance. how can i create a query that will sort them based on a specific dates gives the total working hours and days along with their annual leave for each employee for a specific month. I am thinking abot creating multiple queries. One query for each month. Example from 25/11/2009 till 24/01/2010 Thank you in advance You can do grouping and sorting in a Report bases on number of days or weeks. Are your monthly pay periods something like every 28 days; start on the 25th of...

Update query only partially working
Hi I'm trying to run an update query but for some reason it's only updating some of the records. The weird thing is that the field that i'm coparting to update is an auto number. I've checked both tables and the fields seem to be the the same and the records present in both so i'm stuck as to what is wrong. I'm using access 2007 to edit an access 2000 DB. Thanks On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 03:47:07 -0800 (PST), "d3cyph3r@gmail.com" <d3cyph3r@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi I'm trying to run an update query but for some reason it's only >up...

Sharing a master calendar and updating in Outlook..
How Can i share a master calendar on outlook where everyone of our employees (12) can access and update? Is it possible on Outlook to do this. We are on an exchange server. Yes - create a public calendar folder, and set permissions on it as you wish. I wouldn't make more than a couple of people 'owners' - David wrote: > How Can i share a master calendar on outlook where > everyone of our employees (12) can access and update? Is > it possible on Outlook to do this. We are on an exchange > server. ...

MM 2004
I have noticed the past few times I have tried to get updates, I get the following error: Money encountered an error processing the downloaded file ('SMRTINET.INI'). Any ideas??? Chris Chris, I was encountering the same error and followed these steps to correct it. 1. Open Control Panel. 2. Open Internet Options. 3. Click on "Delete Files..." (Temporary Internet Files). 4. Click on "Delete Cookies..." (although I'm pretty sure this step isn't required) 5. Open and close Microsoft Money again...the error should be gone. You can also access the I...

Whay does an update CRASH Access?
Running Access 2003 on XP, doing a select from a table and passing the results to this subroutine to update another table. When running in debug mode, it works. When I stop it an anaylze the update statement, copy and paste into a new query, it works. Running without debug turned on, Access crashes (on three different installations of Access). What I know to be true: 1. the input record set contains records, all fields are non-null 2. the datatypes are correct 3. it crashes on the first record Any clues? ---- Sub UpdLicenseGrantedOutput(rstOutput As Recordset) Dim SQL_...

update links without other worksheet open?
All of a sudden my Excel 2002 will not open a workbook that contains links to other workbooks unless the other workbook is open. I get a dialog saying links could not be updated and to edit them. Any suggestions from anyone on how to change settings so the linked workbooks do not need to be open to update? Thanks. It kind of sounds like the linked workbook has moved (or been deleted). Any chance that it isn't there anymore? Something to try... With the workbook closed, Tools|Options|Edit tab Check "Ask to update automatic links" Then file|open your workbook. You shou...

HR version number not updating after installing SP
Hello, We upgraded Great Plains & Human resources to 8.0 & also installed SP2. After the SP2, The Great Plains version number has properly updated to 8.00g34 but the HR version still says 8.00.7 instead of 8.00.10 on the server & other wrkstations. This was not a problem. The HR modified reports all upgraded fine & all workstations are able to run the modified HR reports except one wrkstn. This one wrkstn. has properly updated the HR version number to 8.00.10. When we try to run an HR report from this wrkstn, it says that the dictionary is not found. The reports need to ...

Textbox in form that updates a table.
Is it possible for a textbox within a form to update a section within a table? If so how. Also I wanted to know is it possible to gray out a command button on a form after its clicked. Normally a textbox will update a single value in a single field in a table. To update several rows of a table, you can use an update query. The update query can use the value in the textbox on your form. To grey out a command button, you would set it's enabled property to false. Note: you must move focus to another control so that the command button doesn't have the focus at the time. Jeanette Cu...

updating two seperate spreadsheets with same info
I have 2 seperate spreadsheets one with monthly info and one with yearly info. I wondered if there was a way to update the same info in one spreadsheet and it automatically fill in in the other spreadsheet since its the same information going into both databases without having to copy/paste all the time why not have one where you filter for month ??? data>filter>autofilter -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "T" <T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E30B3EE-2D44-4E1D-8F10-16CC36DB8D6E@microsoft.com.....

auto-updating the auto-updater so 12.0.1 can be installed forces a complete delete and reinstall of office 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Okay - I must confess I never thought that the mac geeks that work for microsoft had any affinity for writing bad code, but i definately found some in the auo-updating system - which after a reinstall didnt recognise that 12.0.1 OR its own update were ready for download - i had to download 12.0.1 as a .dmg and have NO idea how to force the upgrader program to upgrade itself like its supposed to -- because it DID SO ONCE, and as of this moment none of the applications that are updated by that package refect that they have...

Exchange 2003 System manager hangs
Hello, When I try to view the public folders using the Exchange system manager (root > Folder > Public folders), system manager takes the server utilization to 100% and stops responding. I let it run overnight to see what would happen: nothing. Set up a testserver from scratch: same problem. Searched the knowledgebase and found some articles, but the given solutions do not apply to this problem. Anybody a clue? Greetings, Simon Weel Are there any error events being logged that have anything to do with HTTP, W3SVC etc? - Genevieve -- This posting is provided "AS IS"...

calculating time (for payroll)
I'm trying to use Excel like a "time clock" to check in/out of work. I want to be able to write the time in a certain cell that I came into work, left for lunch, came back from lunch, and left for the day. I then want to add up the hours for the week and any hours up to 45 I need to multiply by a dollar amount. Also, any hours above 45 I need to calculate for overtime. I can add the ours to get a total for the week but am having a hard time with multiplying "Time" by a dollar ammount. (Nevermind that I have to find the amount of hours overtime) Attached is a very s...

Change meeting don't send update
I want to change a meeting (in this case change the time by half an hour). I don't want to send an update to the attendee/s. The only options I get are "Save changes and send update" or "Don't save". I want to save the changes but not update. How can I make a change but not update people? If I remove the attendeed from the To box, it still wants to send an update, so presumably it is still registering them as people to say "you are no longer involved but I'll tell you anyway". If I click the "Cancel Meeting" button, it seems to wa...

Automatic updates
I cant get automatic updates to run. My operating system is windows xp and i have gone through the process that the microsoft web page advised. The error number is as follows 0x80245003. Can anyone help me? thanks -- kevin This community is for Microsoft Dynamics GP (formerly known as Great Plains) issues, not Windows issues. -- Charles Allen, MVP "kevin lunney" wrote: > I cant get automatic updates to run. > My operating system is windows xp and i have gone through the process that > the microsoft web page advised. The error number is as follows 0x80245003. &g...

SBS 2008 Server Not Updating Properly
I am running Windows update an SBS 2008 box. The machine seems to download and install 39 updates, then it fails with the message: Some updated were not installed Restart now to finish installing updates. Succeded: 1 update Failed: 38 updates Error(s) found: Code 80070718 Windows update encountered an unknown error. Code 643 Windows update encountered an unknown error. I started with needing 43 updates, and each time it installs only 1. If I run it again, it will probably install 1 and tell me it failed to install 37 others. Please help. Thanks! ...

Exchange 5.5 server not updating Service Pack.
Windows 2000 Server with Exchange 5.5 loaded on it. Windows was at SP2, and Exchange was at SP1. Updated Windows to SP4, rebooted, all works well. Went to update Exchange to SP4, and it tells me that a newer version is already installed, and Update quits. Same thing happens with SP3 or SP4 for Exchange. I can check the Mad.exe and the Store.exe, and both versions report Version 6.0 Build 4712.7 (Service Pack 1). This does not make any sense to me. I know you do not have to install Exchange SP's before Windows, as I have loaded other Win2K boxes, updated to SP4 and then upgraded Exc...

Can't create new Recipient Update Service in Exchange 2000
Running Exchange 2000 sp3 on Windows 2000 server sp4 I'm trying to create a new Recipient Update Service (for my child domain). I can right click on the Recipient Update Services folder, select new and follow the process through to the end, but when I click finish it pops the error: Access is denied Facility: Win3 ID no: c007000 Exchange System Manage Now all of the research I've done about this problem says to make sure the user acount trying to make the change is allowed Exchange Full Administrator rights and is a member of the local administrator group on the Exchange server. I h...

IE will not access Windows update page
Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage browser address shows: <http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com> "updates are ready for your computer "KB952069" will not install and notification continues to pop up after automatic updates says "Installation Compete" Dell Mini 1010 Windows XP Home 32bit SP3 1gb RAM I cannot access Microsoft Windows Updates. All other sites work just fine. Original issue: Could not install any programs Software ran: Malwarebytes, Adaware, Spybot, Trojan Remover and CCleaner After finding various critters affecting PC...

Error on Windows Update
Im not sure why but my labtop asus does not seem to allow me to get updats or recieve any it keeps poping up as error C004F012..if anyone can help me plz contact me at cory_mommyboy11@yahoo.com Please post your internet drivers license number if you need assistance. cory_mommyboy11@yahoo.com wrote: > Im not sure why but my labtop asus does not seem to allow me to get updats > or recieve any it keeps poping up as error C004F012..if anyone can help me > plz contact me at cory_mommyboy11@yahoo.com ...

Portfolio not updating stock prices properly
Some of my stocks in my portfolio do not update prices throughout the day. Some do, but most do not, including HD, T, ... ones that I know have the correct symbol inputted. For instance, at 7PM, when I look at my portfolio, most of the stocks list the days gain as unch, and still list yesterday's closing price (which didn't update until sometime late the night before). For those stocks, I never have a day's gain listed, because when the price finally updates, it's a new day!! Strange but true...any suggestions? I've had the same problem since last October except t...

Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.7 Update posted
August 14, 2007 Microsoft's Macintosh Business Unit (MacBU) today released Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.7 Update. "This update fixes a vulnerability that an attacker can use to overwrite the contents of your computer's memory with malicious code. For more information about this update, see the Microsoft Knowledge Base article (KB940763)." Before you install this update, make sure that the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.6 Update is installed on your computer. To get the latest announcements, subscribe to the Entourage Help Blog. <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/...

Excel 2003 Charts won't update
Problem: When typing in new data into a set of data withing a charts data source, the chart will not update until I close and re-open the file. Background: 1) This is not attached to a pivot table. 2) The data is directly typed over and it is within the charts data source that is selected. Any ideas why this is happening and what I can do? One possibility - go to Tools -> Options -> Calculation. If it is set on manual you will need to set it to automatic. -- John Mansfield http://www.cellmatrix.net "niceguyneedshelp" wrote: > Problem: > When typing in new da...

Year End Tax updates 2008
Can 2008 year end tax update for GP v.10 be applied prior to running the final payroll for the year? -- Lynette I am not sure about the US one but I assume it is the same as the Canadian one. With the Can Pay tax update the YE process fro payroll needs to be completed BEFORE the update has been applied. Hope this helps. -- Fliehigh "Lynette" wrote: > Can 2008 year end tax update for GP v.10 be applied prior to running the > final payroll for the year? > -- > Lynette Thanks for your response. I am not sure that it is that way with the US update. In the past...