Payroll - track maximum deduction for two 401k deductions

We have a traditional 401K and are starting to offer a Roth 401K.  Does
anyone have a suggestion of how to track two different types of 401k
deductions so that an employee does not exceed the maximum combined amount
for these two separate deductions?

For example - 1 deduction 401k (before taxes) and another deducttion Roth
401K (after taxes) The combination of these two deductions cannot exceed a
maximum limit per year.

Thanks.

Unfortunately, it's a manual process that can be supplemented with reports
and customizations. You could create a business alert to notify somebody when
an employee's combination of those items is more than the value you need it
to be.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"INC" wrote:

> We have a traditional 401K and are starting to offer a Roth 401K.  Does
> anyone have a suggestion of how to track two different types of 401k
> deductions so that an employee does not exceed the maximum combined amount
> for these two separate deductions?
>
> For example - 1 deduction 401k (before taxes) and another deducttion Roth
> 401K (after taxes) The combination of these two deductions cannot exceed a
> maximum limit per year.
>
> Thanks.

Interfacing Cort Directions payroll
Hi all, I am having some difficulty getting a usable file from Cort for creating GL Journals for the Cort activity. I was offered 2 choices, 1 a summary GL file with no dates and the second a monthly detail GL with the check date. What is needed is a file with the payroll expense by pay period end date and a file for the check printing which could be combined as neccessary. My issues are complicated by the fact that I have 50+ companies to deal with with staggered payrolls and frequently the end payperiod of the month is paid in the following month. So how are the Cort informatio...

great palins 8.0 us payroll
can i see a traning demo session on us payroll 8.0 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=64dd06be-2f56-4c41-91cc-e1c977be182a&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains ...

Installing Money 2006 on Two Machines?
X-No-Archive: yes Is it possible to install Money 2006 on two machines? I know there was some Activation process involved when I installed it on my Desktop. Now I want to install it on my Laptop also. Can I do that, or will it complain...? Thanks! In microsoft.public.money, John Simon wrote: > >Is it possible to install Money 2006 on two machines? I know there was some >Activation process involved when I installed it on my Desktop. Now I want to >install it on my Laptop also. Can I do that, or will it complain...? > The former. Help->About->LicenseTerms explai...

Use combo to print report between two sets of dates
I am trying to print a report that shows timesheet entries for two sets of dates. The report also prints out based on the data entry person selected. The user selects their name and then uses another combo box to select pre entered dates. My code is as follows: Private Sub cboDates_Click() Dim stDocName As String Dim FromDate As Date 'Name of criteria start timesheets date field. Dim ToDate As Date 'Name of criteria end timesheets date field. Dim FromOTDate As Date 'Name of criteria start OT date field. Dim ToOTDate As Date 'Name of criter...

SUM cells in column based upon criteria in two others.
Can not seem to put together a formula that accomplishes the following: Column J contains contributions by individuals for 2010 Column I contains contributions by individuals made in 2009 Column N contains an indicator (+ - or 0) of the increase or decrease over the two years Column P contains a designation of which members are new members. I need a formula that looks at column I cells against column J cells, totals the contributions made be each of the criteria in column N, but does NOT include those with any designation in column P. Example of the data: I ...

Ability to create formula to calculate benefit or deduction code
Would like to use a benefit or deduction based on a formula to calculate the amount instead of choosing only a flat amount or % as it is currently set up in GP version 9. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Commun...

401K account
I setup a 401k account in Money this month. When I did the online update everything was in sync initially. Last night my monthly contribution was posted to the 401K account. I did an online update of the account this morning and the balance was wrong. I also noticed that some history was missing, my dividends did show up. Also, I have Money splitting a part of my paycheck into the 401K account and that transfer was not visible in the 401K account. The KB822766 article "401K and 403B Accounts Do Not Show in the List of Transactions in Money" says to: 1.. On the Accounts & Bills...

Selecting Maximum Values in a Query with joins to other tables
I'm having difficulty with a query and hope someone can help me out. Basically, I'm looking to select the maximum amounts from a table based on a column in one of the tables named StateID. It works fine when I do this: SELECT TOP (100) PERCENT dbo.Bids.StateID, MAX(DISTINCT dbo.Bids.Amount) AS Amount, dbo.States.StateName FROM dbo.Bids INNER JOIN dbo.States ON dbo.Bids.StateID = dbo.States.StateID GROUP BY dbo.Bids.StateID, dbo.States.StateName ORDER BY dbo.States.StateName However, when I start to join fields from other tables in...

Working window in Access "sticks" to Maximum size
Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to 'unstick' a working form/report/table, etc in Access. Even if I design an entry form at say, 3" by 5" wide, it'll automatically maximize to fill up the entire working screen next to the navigation bar. To my knowledge, I have never set any property to maximize every window. . . Did I miss a global setting, or is it an option I can turn off? Thanks, Tripler "Tripler of the SDMB" <Tripler of the SDMB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96E65DF9-A187-4710-A6AC-2350A66F38D1@microso...

Email can not get through between two domains
I am new to Exchange. Sorry for stupid questions. This is my question: An office used to have an Exchange 5.5 box to manage emails for two companies A.com and B.com. Just add a new Windows SBS 2003 for A.com. Now, the SBS 2003 server is managing emails for both A.com and B.com (did by following http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=260973). That is, a connector is created in the new server to deliver mails to B.com. After that, users at B.com can not send email to A.com users. But A.com user can send email to B.com and users in both companies can send and receive email from outside. When user...

How do get the years and days Between two dates
if you had 5/1/2006 and 2/28/2002 how would you get 4.17? If 5/1/2006 is in A1 and 2/28/2002 is in A2, then maybe: =(a1-a2)/365 or =(a1-a2)/365.25 But if you're trying to find differences between dates, you may want to take a look at =datedif(). You can find lots of info at Chip Pearson's site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm (=datedif() was only documented in xl2k's help.) jhon doe wrote: > > if you had 5/1/2006 and 2/28/2002 how would you get 4.17? -- Dave Peterson ...

Football Tracking Spreadsheet
Does anyone have a template for tracking football picks? We play straight picks each week with total score of the Monday night game used as the tiebreaker. I would like an excel sheet that can be set up to auto calculate and keep running total. I have one I have somewhat created with a pivot but am sure someone more talented that I has created a better rendition... Help please... Thanks. ...

Contract Tracking
I am trying to build a database where I can track multiple contracts. I have my tables made (Contract type, Contract Services, Customers, Sales Reps, etc) but I have become tripped up on one issue. We have 2 contracts where the services are done 3-4 times a year. I want to be able to track when each service was performed and the invoice amount. The only way I could think of doing it is making the Contracts table have about 20 columns with a pattern of "ContractType - DatePerformed-InvoiceAmount -SalesRep". My first couple of columns are "ContractID - Custome...

Print Tracking Information
In Outlook 2007, is there a way (or a work-around) to print the tracking information when someone sends a calendar invitation? I tried copying it into Excel, but that only pastes the name. I want all the information to print. Thanks for any ideas. Taking a screenshot will work. FWIW; Outlook 2010 will allow you to easily copy this information to the Clipboard so you can paste it into another application. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook....

Comparing data in two similar worksheets
I have to compare data in two reports to find the differences. The report has approx 15 columns and 2500 rows, and I need to extract each entry that has changed since the previous report. Each entry has an ID#, that may or may not have been in both reports, or is in both reports but has differing data in some of the columns. I am relatively new to using excel, so any help at all is appreciated. ...

null fields in Message Tracking logs
The Message Tracking logs for our SBS 2003 exch. server contain null values for the client-ip and host-name fields. Is there a reason whe this would be so? Are we missing some component which would populate these fields? Thanks! ...

Exchange Message Tracking activation failure
Hi out there, I have the following problem. We have Microsoft Exchange 2003 SP1 (Build 7226.6 SP1) on a cluster. Anytime i want to enable "Message Tracking" or "subject logging and display" i get an error "You Must connect to the WMI service on the target Exchange Server to invoke this method" Facility: Microsoft Exchange Management ID no: c10327c5 Microsoft Exchange Management I have no matches trying to find the id on googlegroups or google itself. What could that be? Have restarted the hole server. Nothing. Thx cHRIS Nobody ever encountered this Problem o...

Maximum number of Rules for mails
Hi, We have a user here that have a lot of rules activated in the Rules Wizard. When he try to add a new rule, he get an error saying that the rule cannot be created and that Outlook might not handle more rules. Is it possible to know the maximum of rules allowed to be activated in Outlook XP (2002)? Thanks in advance for your help. Best Regards Martin If you use Exchange server, you are limited to 32k of server-side rules - this is not configurable. Simplify the rules or get rid of some. Martin Cote wrote: > Hi, > We have a user here that have a lot of rules activated &...

Re: Message Tracking
I meant to also add this link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/832037/en-us "Susan" <sconkey@nospam.mgmmirage.com> wrote in message news:... > this isn't exactly the same error, but does this perhaps apply? > > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329773/en-us > "C Emmons" <CEmmons@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:A6A03F56-219F-4BE2-B934-C6DAE1FD6862@microsoft.com... > > I am running Windows Server 2003/SP1, and Exchange 2003 SP1. I receive > the > > an error ongoing in my event log that f:\tisp\admin\src\ibs\rpc...

Two recipients are configured with the same e-mail address.
I have a web feedback form setup. There is one user who recieves these and I am getting the following message when someone hits submit... " A configuration error in the recipient's e-mail system prevented delivery of this message. Two recipients are configured with the same e-mail address. Contact your administrator." any ideas? I have Exchange 2000 and this does not allow for duplicate addresses to be put in. Any help from http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?spid=global&query=Two+recipients+are+configured+with+the+same+e-mail+address&catalog=LCID%...

Absolute maximum
Hello All Can some one please show me how to find the absolute maximum (x & y) from a 4th order polynomial equation... Excel tells me the equation is; Y=-0.007x�+0.0321x�-0.4409x+3.6696 The equation was derived from the following x,y points; (12.27,1.721),(14.43,1.762),(17.03,1.808),(19.22,1.790) I know the absolute maximum is approx (17.6,1.810) by physically graphing and then reading of the max point but is there any way Excel can calculate this for me? Any thoughts appreciated, thanx in advance Matt ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Bus...

Problems using ReadXmlSchema to read two tables into ds
I am trying to load a DataSet from an xml file that has 2 tables in it. Any help would be great. Here is the C# code snipit on how I load it. Instead of geting a dataset with 2 table I am geting a dataset with 4 tables in it. All four tables have no rows. DataSet lds_working = new DataSet( "PB_TABLES"); ls_schema = MapPath("two_table.xsd"); lds_working.ReadXmlSchema(ls_schema); lds_working.ReadXml(MapPath("two_table.xml")); Here is the XSD <?xml version="1.0" ?> <xs:schema id="PB_TABLES" targetNamespace="http://tempuri.or...

Message Tracking?
We are a library, and thus, we have public record searches that happen from time to time. Normally, when someone wants to request a public record, each user must search through their own email until they find the email in question. I think there's a way to have every email message (Inbox and Sent) saved to a special mailbox, but I'm not sure of the term to look for in tech net. Also, if I do turn this on, does my Info Store also grow in size at double the speed, or would it still be the same? -Blake "Blake" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >...

Merging information from two different excel spreadsheets
I am using an Excel 2000 worksheet as a contact list. I have a seperate worksheet that contains two columns, one with names of individuals and the other e-mail addresses. I would like to set up something, that will look at the names on the e-mail address worksheet, check if they match with any names on the contact list, and then insert the corresponding e-mail address in a cell in the next column. I'm not sure if you can do this with two different worksheets or if I need to paste all the cells into the same worksheet. Can anyone help????? -- MAPADMIN -----------------------------------...

To: CHARLES ALLEN re: Payroll Templates
Hi Charles. Can you send me the link to the payroll templates? I do not know what your personal email is. Thanks. ...