Payroll Setup GP 10

working with a client setting up Payroll module.  Getting this message when
linking an employee to a position.

This Position Pay Code and Link doesn't exist

Any suggestions on how to get around this?

Thanks
Kevin

Do they have HR installed? Go to Tools >> Setup >> System >> HR Preferences
and mark the option to Ignore Position/Pay Code Links.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Kevin" wrote:

> working with a client setting up Payroll module.  Getting this message when
> linking an employee to a position.
>
> This Position Pay Code and Link doesn't exist
>
> Any suggestions on how to get around this?
>
> Thanks
> Kevin

Outlook Contacts 02-21-10
I recently changed computers. I went from vista to 7. I used easy transfer for this process (probably my first mistake), all files seemed to transfer without issue. One exception.....my contacts in Outlook 2007 are not migrating to be used as my email address book. I see from earlier threads that I am not alone. I've checked contact properties and it wont allow me to check the box to use contacts as address book. Nor can I delete outlook contacts throug address book set-up. I'm hoping there is an easy answer as Im not an expert at these types of things. -- jbenz...

Questions about rebuilding a db 03-28-10
Lateley I've notices my database freezing from time to time, so I tried the following... a) created a new data base b) imported all tables, queries, forms, ...... ,modules c) reset the References d) reset the Startup options e) compile Everything is working great now, but I have a few questions about this process. Did I miss any crucial steps? (don't want any surprises later) Is there a prefered order to do these steps? Finally, the database is now about 30% smaller, even though I was regularly compiling, compacting/repairing the former one. I'd like to know w...

Interfacing Cort Directions payroll
Hi all, I am having some difficulty getting a usable file from Cort for creating GL Journals for the Cort activity. I was offered 2 choices, 1 a summary GL file with no dates and the second a monthly detail GL with the check date. What is needed is a file with the payroll expense by pay period end date and a file for the check printing which could be combined as neccessary. My issues are complicated by the fact that I have 50+ companies to deal with with staggered payrolls and frequently the end payperiod of the month is paid in the following month. So how are the Cort informatio...

great palins 8.0 us payroll
can i see a traning demo session on us payroll 8.0 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=64dd06be-2f56-4c41-91cc-e1c977be182a&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains ...

Outlook Client Setup 03-13-06
Hello, I'm setting up(from scratch) and updraging the laptop client for laptop CRM 3.0, I'm facing 2 problems: 1- The web client is installed onbthe following URL httpo://crm. The web clinet is working flowlessly. When I speciiy this url during the setup or upgrade, the setup doesnt detect the crm server knowing that when I user internet explorer it works fine 2- when I run setup(2 cases), and intallation is checking the technical requirments it doesnt start, meaning that it stops while checking for operating system? Thankx for ur help 1. You could try adding that url to the Intr...

GP Extender
I have added an Extender field to my sales item detail entry screen for Job Number. The key is Line Item Sequence and SOP Number. When I transfer the order to an invoice and open the Extender window, it does not have the job number. I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or that it just does not do that. My customer does not want to have to type it in on the order and again on the invoice. Can Extender 'tie' documents or transactions together with same field. For instance, I want the job number to 'flow' from the order to the invoice or from the purchase order t...

List all folders and files 02-23-10
Good afternoon everybody, I have a memory stick with numerous folders and files. What I would like to do is list in a spreadsheet all the folders and files within those folders please. Thanks in advance, Paul I have an add-in that will do exactly that, and more. See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/FolderTree.aspx for details. If you to just have code, the following code will create a list. Copy this code, then in VBA go to the Tools menu, choose References, and scroll down to and check "Microsoft Scripting Runtime". Change the lines of code marked with <<< to ...

Will my Office OS X updated to 10.1.9 run on my new Intel nased Mac
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have Office for Mac OS X, uppdated to 10.1.9., on my old 10.3.9 G4. I am taking delivery of an Intel based Macbook Pro running 10.5 Will my old Office run on Leopard? If not, is the Home/Student Version equivalent, or do I have to buy the much more expensive Office 2008? Can you get rebates? You've actually raised several issues here, so see the in-line responses: On 6/28/09 12:27 PM, in article 59b773f8.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Sparkswj72@aol.com@officeformac.com" <Sparkswj72@aol.com@officeform...

EFT NACHA File and EFT Setup widow
Hello: There is not much good documented info on how to set up the Payables EFT Setup window in regard to the NACHA file that is provided by a bank. So, let me ask some questions here if I may. I wish I could say that I could get these answers from the bank. Unfortunately, their consultant does not know. "Originating Bank"--Is this the ABA # or the actual bank name? "Transit Rounting Number"--Is there a space in front of the number here? "Bank Company Name"--Is this the actual name of the bank? On PartnerSource, there is an Excel spreadsheet showing sampl...

Setup Error Message
I have just downloaded An update to the online Help files for Microsoft CRM 3.0 was released July 5, 2006, Article 921467. I am running Vista Buiness edition. When installing this updte I am getting this error message Setup Error Not enough storage is available to process this command. Installation did not complete Anybody have a work around for this issue? Thanks ...

GP Analysis Cube customization
Hi, I would like to rename some of the measures in the GL cube using BI Dev Studio. - Is this supported? - Would the SSIS package continue to work? - Will the future upgrades work? Thank you. This can be done with minimal impact: Open BIDS. Connect to the server and Analysis Services database. In the solution explorer on the right-hand side of the window that appears, select the Financials cube. On the left-hand side of the window, you'll now see a list of the measure groups that exist in the Financials cube. Select the one containing the measures you wis...

Interest-Only mortgage setup
How do I setup a mortgage account in Money where only the Interest and Escrow is paid out monthly, nothing goes towards the principal. Money has the P&I joined together without a way to separate the two. It will always calculate as though the principal is getting a portion of the payment. I have Money '03 Deluxe. If it can't be done in '03 is it possible to setup these types of loans in '06? This can be setup in M03. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=160. "ltrox43" <ltrox43@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD182779-61F3-4A56-97...

Windows Live Mail 07-23-10
I have a new windows 7 pc. I'm trying to export, import my old emails from a xp pc. I have exported all the files to the new pc but I can't import them. I click on Live Mail on the new pc and I don't get the toolbar with "File, Tools, etc" on it. What am I doing wrong. Thanks for any help Hi, Marty. The Windows Live Team decided that we would rather have more screen real estate, so the HID the Menu Bar (File, Tools, etc.) by default. To see it momentarily, just press <Alt>. There are several ways to toggle it on/off (semi-)permanently. Maybe th...

product key 04-28-10
Hi, I had a virus on my computer. I had to restore to factory settings. I went to reinstall office2007 and when I put in the product key it tells me it is "incorrect." How do I reinstall office? Please help. You can email me at mmfouad@gmail.com Mike Your Office 2007 did it come with your computer or did you purchase the Office 2007 separately with a Retail purchase -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. http://www.microsoft.com/protect "mike" <mike...

How to trace changes made to Posting Setup
for some reason, we have to grant acess to few users on Setup > Posting > Posting. But for support reason, we would also like 'trace' who is making changes to the setup. anybody has any advice how to trace this? thks There is a tool from Rockton called the Auditor that will do this for you. "HFLo" wrote: > for some reason, we have to grant acess to few users on Setup > Posting > > Posting. > > But for support reason, we would also like 'trace' who is making changes to > the setup. > > anybody has any advice how to trace th...

office oputlook 2003 email acct setup error
I am getting a 553 Authentication is required to send mail as <email address> error when I try to send an email. I can't get a test email to be sent w/ email actt setup. I have all updates, but my ISP says I need a an update or patch. Please help. ...

GP 10 Garnishment Examples
Are there any examples of garnishment setups supported with GP 10.0? The documentation doesn't provide any. I'm looking for setup ---> calculation results for common scenarios. In particular, I'm curious what's supposed to happen in the calculation if multiple fixed amount garnishments are setup to split evenly with each having fed and state max rules applied that are method percent of earnings with a max percent of 60%. It looks like the fixed amount of each garnishment is being taken even if that exceeds 60% of my disposable earnings. Any solid examples would be...

Outlook 2003 crashed when setup to use Cached Exchange Mode
I am experiencing a problem with several client users using Microsoft Office Oultook 2003, they try to setup the Cache Exchange Mode (Offline feature), but when they try to send a new message Outlook crash, and the program is close. Is there is a fix for it? The Mail system that we are using is Exchange 2000 with Outlook 2003 as a mail client. Any ideas or fixes it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Hector Mena wrote: > I am experiencing a problem with several client users using Microsoft > Office Oultook 2003, they try to setup the Cache Exchange Mode > (Offline fea...

How to remove DRM Protection from WMV/WMA/M4P/M4V/M4A/M4B/ASF and convert other popular video and audio even HD video 07-15-10
The guide shows How to remove DRM Protection from WMV/WMA/M4P/M4V/M4A/M4B/ASF and convert other popular video and audio even HD video Stpe 1: Download(http://www.5idownload.com/download/daniu-digital-media-converter-pro_full310_461741.exe) and install the Daniusoft Media Converter Pro( http://www.5idownload.com/dan-Media-Converter-pro.html ) Stpe 2: Run the software and click "Add…" button to load WMA or M4A, M4B, AAC, WMV, M4P, M4V, ASF files ( http://www.5idownload.com/img/guide-dan-media-converter-pro1.jpg) Step 3: Choose output formats. If you want to convert protected aud...

CRM Setup 01-21-04
I have installed Microsoft CRM on a Windows 2003 Server with SQL Server 2000 SP3a. I am able to get the User Manager Wizard to open, however, when I try to add a license to a user, the program tells me that I do not have the proper permissions. I am logged on as the administrator on my server, and SQL and ther CRM Server are both sitting on my Windows 2003 server. I do not have Exchange installed...could this be the problem? When I try to use the CRM through Internet Explorer (http://localhost) I just get a 401 error. Am I doing something wrong? Are you running CRM v1.0 or CRM...

Setup new acct question...
I am trying to add a new bank account in 2004. When it comes to assigning a FI I am only given the choice, in a drop down list, of the accts that have previously been set up. How do I manage to get a new bank name assigned? tia In microsoft.public.money, John h wrote: >I am trying to add a new bank account in 2004. When it comes to assigning a >FI I am only given the choice, in a drop down list, of the accts that have >previously been set up. How do I manage to get a new bank name assigned? AccountList->SetUpAccounts->AddANewAccount and type the name of the bank int...

WLM calendar 01-25-10
Is the calendar stored on my PC or is it on a website ? I would like to have the reminders show up as son as my PC starts up. -- Thanks, guenters Calendars are stored 1. Online and locally when using a Live ID - more features are present online 2. Locally when not using Live ID Reminders are: 3. Available only if using a Live ID 4. Not available when not using a Live ID Reminder notifications are: 5. Only configurable in the web interface(calendar.live.com) and unique to a given Live ID 6. Available via Windows Live Messenger, Email(to the same Live ID) or an SMS...

Simple hack to get $500 to your home at http://dailyupdatesonly.tk Due to high security risks,i have hidden the cheque link in an image. in that website on left side below search box, click on image and enter your name and address where you want to receive your cheque.please dont tell to anyone. ...

emails #10
getting duplicate emails in my inbox Bummer. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Rick asked: | getting duplicate emails in my inbox Bummer. I have the same problem and a good answer from you would be appreciated. Outlook 2003. "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmemvps.org> wrote in message news:%230...

Hosted CRM 10-05-04
Is it possible to use CRM in hosted environment? Yes...a couple of companies offer CRM in a hosted environment. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "IRA" <IRA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2EF53CF0-B3B3-4E89-B15A-6576AD17773C@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to use CRM in hosted environment? Go to www.surebridge.com or contact them personally to ask your questions. Some of our clients actually thought of going to surebridge to host their system. Licenses for the MSCRM ...