Payroll Posting Accounts #5

v9.0 / SQL2000

When you have the payroll posting accounts set up, how does GP know where to
post transactions to, if only 2 of the 3 segments match?  We have our
accounts set up according to the following examples:

ACCOUNTING > ACCOUNTING > SALARY
ACCOUNTING > ALL > SALARY
ALL > ACCOUNTING > ALL
ALL > ALL > ALL

Say if an employee had a transaction, and only the first 2 of the 3 segments
match (ACCOUNTING > ACCOUNTING) Where would GP post the transaction amounts ?

0
LauraAnne (85)

Links in Excel #5
I've got several spreadsheets that link to one 'master' spreadsheet. They're all kept on our work X: drive, which is the shared drive for the whole organisation. However, the automatic links have a problem, in that every time I open the master spreadsheet that contains the links, I have to manually find each linked spreadsheet, it doesn't automatically update. Now, I can't see anything wrong with the source file descriptions and I can't think of what else it could be. Does anyone have any advice or tips? Any help would be greatly appreciated. thankyou in advan...

Exchange 5.5
We have an IBM Netfinity 5000 server running Windows NT4, and Exchange Server 5.5 Over the last 2-3 weeks, Outlook has been freezing, not sending messages ("Operation failed"), and Exchange has been just crashing at odd times and unpredictable times The event log shows a lot of 'Error 0xfffffbd3 occurred on message 1-EB1F8B1 during a background cleanup' type messages. when someone trys to send a message it sometimes comes up with "Operation failed" If the user opens a new email, and then cuts and pastes the text from the failed message into the new email, it goes o...

Where are permissions set for Mailboxes and Public folders in 5.5?
Exchange 5.5 running on NT4 SP6 We have installed Veritas Backup Exec Remote Agent. Exchange is allowing it to backup everything except the actual Private Mailboxes and Public Folders. I'm being denied access to those two folders. I have tried all 3 logons that are listed as 'Service Account Admins' and no luck. I'm told that "The logon account xxxxxx failed to access server_name\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes." Access is denied. This is an old exchange server set up by my predecessor and I'm not that familiar with it. Is there somewhere that special permiss...

clearing accounts?
Hi! We have a couple of accounts used for educational purposes that we would like to clear on regular basis. Anyone know of an easy way to do that? Script? Something else? (We use Exchange 2003). Regards, /e By "clearing" you mean "deleting email"? If so, check out Ex2003's combination of recipient policies with the Mailbox Manager functions, you can find everything you need on MS's website and Exchanges helpfiles with those two keywords... HTH JeffG On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 19:37:38 +0100, "Eric" <eric@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi! > >We...

Reconciling the Accrued Purchase Account
I would like to run a SQL query on POP30390 to group the Receipts based on the purchase orders and sum the debit and credit amounts for Accrued purchase account index. The difference between Debit and credit balances should give an idea of such PO / recipts to check further. Looking at POP30390 I coudnt find any means to link the Purchase orders with it. Even though Great Plains does allow Multiple orders to be received together in one receipt, but In my case most of the time purchase werent combined in Receiving process. Any help..to figure out a query. Samit ...

Unable to Migrate Exchange 5.5 mail boxes to 2003 with the Migration Wizard
Hi, We are trying to migrate from and NT4 Domain with Exchange 5.5 to 2003/AD with Exchage 2003. We have the AD Domain set up. The NT4 Domain is still in place and on the same network, so our AD domain is similar but different (the "inc" has been dropped from the NetBIOS name). We have 2 Domain Controllers, and a brand new system to run Exchange 2003 on. It is clean, only has the OS and Exchange on it (we have problems when we get the critical updates. It seems linked to the exchange database going belly up, and we can't install exchange in the first place if the updates are ap...

Outlook 2002 on Exchange 5.5 -- RTF to Plain Text issues
The owner of our company wants ALL email sent to him in Rich Text Format so he can use an abbreviation program he has that works with MS Word when replying. I created a document telling people how to change their settings for Outlook to ensure all messages are sent in Rich Text. My problem is that since he travels so much he wants to be a POP user on our server. If I send him a message from my PC directly connected to the Exchange server he receives it in RTF. If the President of the company (who is also a POP user) sends him a msg in RTF he receives it in Plain Text. He wants me to expla...

only the first 5 columns of a 10 column excel spreadsheet sort
How do I get the whole spread sheet to sort? There is a blue lox for the first 5 columns that limits the range of the sort. How do I remove it? Using Office 2003. Maybe if you remove the Data|list Select a cell in that blue box. Data|list|convert to range jrw562 wrote: > > How do I get the whole spread sheet to sort? There is a blue lox for the > first 5 columns that limits the range of the sort. How do I remove it? > Using Office 2003. -- Dave Peterson ...

Exch 5.5 modifying attachments.
One of Exchange 5.5 Servers has started converting attachments or changing them. Especially true of those for MACs. Now clients can not use them; render some attachments worthless. What has changed on our server; and how do we change it back? For instance, it changes to appl ms\tnef.doc = when it should be an image. Start here http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?InCC_hdn=true&QuerySource=gASr_Query&Catalog=LCID%3D1033%26CDID%3DEN-US-KB%26PRODLISTSRC%3DON&Product=msall&Queryc=tnef&Query=tnef&KeywordType=ALL&maxResults=150&Titles=false&...

Forwarding incoming messages to an external email account
My company has recently undergone a split. There are 4 individuals that have left and will be receiving email under another domain name. I need to set their email accounts to automatically forward any received emails to their other address. As I can only forward to someone in the active directory how can I accomplish this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. eli silverman wrote: > My company has recently undergone a split. There are 4 individuals > that have left and will be receiving email under another domain name. > I need to set their email accounts to automatically forwa...

Mailbox migration #5
Hi. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to migrate an exchange 2003 mailbox from an exchange server on one domain to an exchange server on another domain? Sure, 1. Create the new user on the other Exchange Infrastructure and create a mailbox for that user. 2. Use Exmerge to export the users current mailbox from Domain A to PST format. Follow this document to implement and use Exmerge: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/ExMerge-Recover-Mailbox.html 3. Then use Exmerge on Domain B to _import_ the PST file to your new user, ensuring you select 'merge'. All done, Hope that ...

copying text on sheet 1 to corresponding cells on sheets 2 to 5
I want the text entered in A8 on sheet 1(named Productivity) to automatically transfer to A8 on sheets 2 thru 5. I used the simple formula =Productivity!a8 in the corresponding cells but when there is no data in Productivity A8 I get a 0 in the corresponding cells. I would like the corresponding cells to remain blank if there is not text in Productivity A8. I am really new to excel, like only used it two weeks! Is there a simple fix to this? -- newbie at large! Hi A formula will always return 0 if it's refering to an empty cell. This formula will let the cell look empty if no...

Copying inbox from one account to another on exchange 2003
Hi I need to copy the inbox of user from one account to another account. Is there a way to do that? I tried copying to the public folder then copying from public to new account - but the dates changed to todays date for all emails! Any thoughts? Use PSTs. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Ali" <Ali@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B67F087A-39D7-4DBA-947D-F20F63574952@microsoft.com... > Hi > I need to copy the inbox of user from one account to another account. Is > t...

Sync multiple e-mail accounts
I run Outlook 2007 and Windows Mobile 6. How do I get my contacts and calendar to syncronize between my phone and two e-mail accounts on my computer (G-mail and kiwilink)? "Need to Sync" <Need to Sync@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2ED27720-6208-41A4-BED3-F875E32D4FEB@microsoft.com... >I run Outlook 2007 and Windows Mobile 6. How do I get my contacts and > calendar to syncronize between my phone and two e-mail accounts on my > computer (G-mail and kiwilink)? Google Sync should work for gmail. I have no idea what "kiwilink"...

Save and Close Error in accounts and contacts
Hi - Just upgraded to CRM 4 and am noticing an error when accessing via the web: When I his either save and close or save and new in an account or a contact I get an error popup - "Microsoft Dynamics CRM has encountered an error Please tell Microsoft about this problem..... The XML report that is sent to MS is as follows: Microsoft Dynamics CRM Error Report Contents <CrmScriptErrorReport> <ReportVersion>1.0</ReportVersion> <ScriptErrorDetails> <Message>Syntax error</Message> <Line>106</Line> <URL>/ORG NAME/sfa/conts/...

Posting Date used in Revenue Expense Deferral
I have a PM Invoice with Document Date 16/11/2009 and Posting Date of 01/12/2009. Entered Deferral details starting 01/12/2009. In GL the deferral charges commence 01/12/2009 and are all as expected. The Credit entry for the full invoice is posted to GL with posting date of 01/12/2009. The problem I have is that the Debit entry for the full invoice amount is posted to the document date of 16/11/2009 and I want it to be the same as the invoice posting date (01/12/2009) Is there a way to do this? Thanks Audrey ...

Unassigned accounts in Paycheck Deposit
I am trying to set up a paycheck with split deductions and taxes. I enter the Gros Pay, but after I enter all the deductions it says that all those amounts are unassigned. and it won't take my paycheck properly. Any Ideas? Ask your employeer for a corrected paycheck stub, in which all deductions and net pay add up to the gross pay. -Jeff "Tami" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18fe201c41be7$4ea22120$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to set up a paycheck with split deductions > and taxes. I enter the Gros Pay, but after I enter all...

SMTP account SMTP (EXCHANGE-{0A2AF96F-ADE3-4348-98AC.......
Inside the mailboxes folder of Exchange server, there is user called: SMTP (EXCHANGE-{0A2AF96F-ADE3-4348-98AC-5DD3568592C0}) I dont know what this is? Is this a system mailbox? If not, how did it get there and how can I get rid of it? The reason I ask is that , every few minutes, there is virus being sent to this mailbox, apparently from the "administrator". Very strange. any help will be appreciated. thanks, john I found the answer here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;252341 "john Smith" <smith@fakedomain.com> wrote in message new...

Exchange 5.5 migration
I have SBS NT4 1*PDC with Exch. 5.5 i need upradge to W2K with AC,DNS,Exch. 5.5. Its possible use Active Directory Migration Tool + install Active Drirectory Connector for transfer from PDC to W2K ? What is good idea ? Thanks in advance "Mig45" <mig45@volny.cz> wrote: >I have SBS NT4 1*PDC with Exch. 5.5 i need upradge to W2K with AC,DNS,Exch. >5.5. > >Its possible use Active Directory Migration Tool + install Active Drirectory >Connector for transfer from PDC to W2K ? > >What is good idea ? > > > >Thanks in advance > I think the bes...

How do i give each email account i set up its own inbox etc?
i can create different accounts but when i send/recieve all the mail from different accouts goes to the same inbox...not good... About the best you can do is create an inbox rule that moves messages based on the account it was received with. "joejnknsn" <joejnknsn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E487FD01-2110-4BEC-930B-10590F05E885@microsoft.com... >i can create different accounts but when i send/recieve all the mail from > different accouts goes to the same inbox...not good... ...

Multiple Email Accounts in Windows Live Mail
I added a yahoo.com email address within Windows Live Mail and decided against it. I removed it from the Live Mail properties but yahoo emails continue to post within Live Mail desktop. I've checked the obvious settings but can't find anything to change to make this stop. I want to totally remove yahoo.com email from Windows Live and access yahoo emails from the Internet. Do you by chance have a Hotmail account and in the account on the web site told it fetch mail from Yahoo? Hotmail website: Options, More Options,. Send and receive mail from other e-mail account...

OL Contact -> CRM 3.0 Account ?
From what I know so far, I can enable an Outlook contact for tracking in CRM which in fact after creation of the contact in CRM creates a bidirectional link b/w the Outlook und CRM representation of the contact, tracking and automatically synchronizing changes between the two. So far so good. Now, quite a few of the contacts we have in our Outlook environement are really accounts (in CRM speak). Is there any (built-in or other) way to migrate them from Outlook to CRM Accounts without having to reenter all the data? Thanks, Markus And to extend the scope: What about the other dire...

Assigning Accounts should not assign cases and activities
Our Tech Support team manages cases. They lose track of the cases when we assign Accounts because they don't own the account. We also have many people with activities for accounts they don't own. They lose track of the activities. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree&quo...

Threads in Posting
Hey Guys, Not trying to flame, but.... Do you think you could thread replies rather than posting them as new posts? It would make it so much easier to follow what's going on. Thanks. That's usually a feature controlled by your newsreader. In WLM the setting is View > View by conversation. You should have something similar in Agent Forte. -- Google is your friend..... <James@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:bt7rs59p1rk647rh8u3gdn2o1nhg2a6s4c@4ax.com... > Hey Guys, > > Not trying to flame, but.... > > Do you think you could thread...

Outlook Email #5
My email stays in the outbox. Even after opening it and clicking send, it will not leave the outbox. I get an error message indicating there might be a problem with registration issues and that I should reinstall the program. I uninstalled and then reinstalled the program, but this did not solve the problem ...