Payroll deduction based on percentage of another deduction

Is it possible to set up a payroll deduction based on percentage of another
deduction?  I see we can base a deduction on selected paycodes but not
deductions.  We can collect a percentage of wage attachments as collection
fees but if the wage attachment deduction amount changes each pay, we'd have
to manually change to collection fee code each pay.  I'm looking for a way to
calculate this collection fee automatically.
0
Elaine (442)

Index Function acceptig data from another sheet
I have posted a file at: https://filesanywhere.com I can enter cell referances in the arguments for the index function and it will return the value in the intersecting cell, but when I enter the values for the arguments by pointing to cells on another sheet I receive errors, even though the value in the cells I pointed to is identical to the values entered manually. I think that the posted file explains the problem better. I would appreciate any help. Thanks. Not able to open the link "Gulfman100" wrote: > I have posted a file at: > https://filesanywhere.com > &g...

Would like to locate a text box based on a search string and copy
I have a worksheet with several text boxes on it. Based on a radio button selection I need to search through all of the text boxes for for a text string and display that box on the worksheet where the radio button is or copy it based on some reference. I use text boxes from the Draw toolbar because they are highly formatable. Another method may be acceptable as long as I can format text. Thank you. Hello: Can I assume that your Textboxes are on a regular worksheet and not a form opened with the VBA command MyForm.Show? Also, which toolbox did you use: Forms or Control Tool...

How can formulas be used to create another formula?
This is probaby very simple, but I really don't know a lot aout formulars. When I have created formulas to work out the percentage of each sales type that we have, I then need to use this % as a part of another formula, Ie Sales type A is 50% of our overall sales "=sum(B1/B3)*100", I am am then trying use this 50% to apportion our wages bill to a sales type. When I create another formula "=sum(B10/B13)*the cell reference of the formula I previously calculated" it is throwing out the incorrect answer. Can anyone give me a simple answer to a very simple question a...

Report based on form filter?
Hello, I have a form with Multiple fields filter based on and event procedure where I can filter multiple combo fields. I would like to print a report after the filtered fields, but not sure how to like what is the control source etc.. Any help is appreciated. Here is my sample form filter event procedure. Private Sub cmdFilter_Click() Dim strWhere As String Dim lngLen As Long If Not IsNull(Me.cboMach) Then strWhere = strWhere & "([Mach] = '" & Me.cboMach & "') AND " End If I...

Deduction in Arrears
I ran a payroll that should have included deductions in arrears and they were not taken. Can anyone point me in the right direction to check why these were not taken? I am on GP 10 with the latest Service Pack. I reviewed the Arrears Transaction on the employees and it shows under attempted but they were not taken. The employee still had plent of $$ left on the check that would have allowed the full amount to be taken. Thanks On the deduction card are three checkboxes. One of the checkboxes says "Collect When Possible." Was this checkbox marked? -- Charles All...

Create database based on 24 hour time; 15 minute increments
I need to set up a MS Access Database that stores test data that was performed at certain times (rounded to the nearest 15 minutes). I need to produce a query that shows each 15 minute interval within a 24 hour period. Any 15 minute increment that doesn't have test data needs to be represented by a -1. Any suggestions on how to do this? If you first create a table which has one row for every 15 minute interval over a suitable period you can then LEFT JOIN this to your table of test results to return a row for every time regardless of whether there is test data for that time....

Pop Form Based On individual Customer
How would you assign a pop up message for an individual customer for example let say i go to the record john doe I want to assign a pop up message for that specific customer so who ever enters into that record the message will pop up automatically with notes or the user cld add notes. I have the following Customer Table Pop Up Message Table CustomerID(PK) MessageID(PK) LastName CustomerID(Lookup Customer Table) FirstName Note SS# Address1 Address2 City State Zip Phone ...

Payroll and attendance
Dear All, I have an access file for the employees attendance. The main Table Includes all year long attendance. how can i create a query that will sort them based on a specific dates gives the total working hours and days along with their annual leave for each employee for a specific month. I am thinking abot creating multiple queries. One query for each month. Example from 25/11/2009 till 24/01/2010 Thank you in advance You can do grouping and sorting in a Report bases on number of days or weeks. Are your monthly pay periods something like every 28 days; start on the 25th of...

Flash based stationery
Does anyone if and how an html file with an embedded flash file can be used as a stationey in Outlook/Express? Don't know, but a) it would sure annoy the heck out of me!! :-) and b) this is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.w...

smtp connector based on sender?
Is there a way to create an smtp connector based on the sender's address space rather than the recipient's? For example, I want some of my users to have their e-mail sent through smtp.foo.com and I want other users to have their e-mail sent through smtp.bar.com. Would appreciate any help. Thanks! I just realized this post isn't very clear. I should clarify and mention that I'm not looking for a connector that does anything with inbound mail. In fact, I want the "equivalent" of a connector for outbound mail. In other words, I want to be able to route outbou...

Console based jet database access...
Greetings - I am trying to work out just how to connect to a jet database (*.mdb) from a console application. I've tested a few methods via MFC in a dialog-based app, but now I need something which will do this on the command line with switches, etc. The switches and command-line arguments aren't the problem, and I've even got some classes ready to go (on paper)... Something like: "C:\> myprogram.exe "somedatabase.mdb" -searchstring "customername" Pretty simple, but once I learn the methods, then I can expand on that concept. We have quite a few la...

calculating time (for payroll)
I'm trying to use Excel like a "time clock" to check in/out of work. I want to be able to write the time in a certain cell that I came into work, left for lunch, came back from lunch, and left for the day. I then want to add up the hours for the week and any hours up to 45 I need to multiply by a dollar amount. Also, any hours above 45 I need to calculate for overtime. I can add the ours to get a total for the week but am having a hard time with multiplying "Time" by a dollar ammount. (Nevermind that I have to find the amount of hours overtime) Attached is a very s...

Publisher 03 -how to move parts of brochure to a another brochur.
how do I merge panels of info from one pub. brochure to another fcircle wrote: > how do I merge panels of info from one pub. brochure to another Copy paste from one Publication to another. Line the two publications side by side vertically on the page. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com Windows Marketplace Moderator This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

Another question regarding Dates..
First, thanks to the replies to my previous post. How can I work out the day & month when I only know the Year and Day Number? Ie Year = 2004 day number = 302 The answer I'm looking for is 28/10/2004 Again, taking into consideration the leap years Thanks again in advance =DATE(2004,1,302) Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Anthony Slater" wrote: > First, thanks to the replies to my previous post. > > How can I work out the day & month when I only know the Year and Day Number? > > Ie > > Year = 2004 > day number = 302 > > The answer I'...

To be able to copy the format of the report to another report
Modify two different invoice forms and also two different forms for HISTORICAL invoice printing. A number of modifications have been done and it would be very much helpful if there's a way to copy the format of one to report to another. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree"...

Pie Chart
So I have what is likely a simple question. What I am trying to do in excel 2007 is to take my total Income, and from my income see what percentage goes to my expenses. For example I spent roughly 300.00 on gas from my 1500.00 monthly income. Can I get a pie chart to take out what percentage on my mulitple expenses are from my total monthly income? I would like a pie chart showing all of this and the leftover to be 'other'. Can this be calculated or would I need to calculate the percentages first? THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)) On Wed, 6 Aug 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.c...

Yet another "Outlook won't close" post....tried everything!
Hello - I'm running Outlook 2003 in cached Exchange mode on Windows XP Pro. All outstanding WinXP and Outlook patches/updates have been applied. As other users have experienced, when I close Outlook by any method, the Outlook icon stays in the system tray and the only way I can close it is to kill the process through Task Manager. Until I do that, I can't start Outlook. I've read all the other messages on this group and website suggestions about this problem, which seem to indicate is that there's another program/process integrated with Outlook that is hanging Outl...

How to copy Rules & Alerts from one PC to another
I occasionally copy my Outlook.pst file from my desktop to my laptop when I travel, and then back again when I get home. I also export and import the Rules & Alerts. The problem is that the Rules & Alerts for my emails don't copy over very well. The rules are there, but they say "on other machine", and most (but not all) of the rules that reference a specific email account (e.g. when received through specified account) are missing the account specification. Since I have quite a few rules, it is laborious to fix all these rules every time I transfer my fi...

dialog template from one project to another
How the heck do you "export" a dialog template from a project for use in another project? >How the heck do you "export" a dialog template from a project for use in >another project? If you open both project's RC files in the IDE, you should be able to copy/paste the dialogs. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq BobF wrote: > How the heck do you "export" a dialog template from a project for use in > another project? If the dialog template is in project_2, open its resource file in project_1 and copy/paste. It's kind of trick...

Validations from another book
In data/validation the source is =() but to access the source via another book is it simply a matter of giving the full path name? Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal05.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Pat" <glass_patrick@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:co2ghh$6oh$1@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk... > In data/validation the source is =() but to access the source via another > book is it simply a matter of giving the full path name? > > > See: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal05.html HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Mess...

moving data from one sheet to another
I have records in sheet1 as follows: A B C D E 1 NAME SEX SUBJECT COLLEGE WHETHER SELECTED 2 A MALE MATHS XAVIER YES 3 B FEMALE ENGLISH SEBASTIAN 4 C FEMALE MATHS PAULS 5 D MALE PHYSICS XAVIER YES 6 E MALE CHEMISTRY PAULS YES 7 F MALE PHYSICS SEBASTIAN YES 8 G FEMALE MATHS XAVIER YES 9 H MALE PHYSICS PAULS 10 I MALE MATHS SEBASTIAN Now, I want to scan entire data upto last cell of the range and move(cut and paste) those of the selected candidates, Sheet2 of the same book.After moving, the name o...

Recipient Policy based on OU?
Read through a few posts and searched a bit on how to set up a Recipient Policy based on a users OU and not having a lot of luck. This is what I do: 1) ESM 2) New recipient policy (email property pages only) 3) Name it 4) Modify 5) Change the find to "Organizational Unit" and choose Find Now 6) Select the OU(s) I want, hit OK 7) Brings me back to the General tab and the filter rules are always (&(ou>="")) 8) Tried putting the exact name in the Find field and get (&(ou>="")(name=MyOU*)) but never seems to do anything. What am I missing? I ...

how do i add in numbers automatically based on adjacent cells cont
I'm trying to automatically enter data into multiple cells based on one cells data. For instance if a cell in column A = 1 then the adjacent cells in columns B, C and D will all have specific values which will be true for a value of 1 in column A. If the value in the cell in column A = 2 then the adjacent cells in columns B, C and D will have another set of specific values which will be true for a value of 2 in column A and so on. I think lookup tables is possibly the answer but the help isn't much good and I am struggling! In an out--the-way location, create a datalist tha...

How do I link information in the LAST ROW of a workbook to another??
Hi all! :) I'm new here, so if by posting this message directly, I'm not following procedure, appologies ahead of time. I'm trying to link information from one workbook to another. It's for inventory. We have a different page for each item number, and every time the item is adjusted, it adds a new row to the speadsheet. I want to be able to list ALL the totals from the different pages into a new file, so people can see totals by looking at ONE sheet. The problem is, the row number of the cell I need changes everytime the source file is edited. There doesn't appear to ...