Payroll Connect file format

Does anyone have the file format that is used for payroll / gl data when it
is imorted into GP via Payroll Connect.  We would like to import our non-ADP
payroll data into GP by exporting it from our payroll system in the same
format that ADP uses so that we can use the Payroll Connect tool.  All we
need is the file format!  Thanks

Don't know if you can do that, the ADP file is generated in a goofy format
from ADP.  Then it's sucked in from there.
I think there's a guide, but not sure.
You are much better off using Integration Manager for something like this.
Mike

"Dave_in_Castro_Valley" <Dave_in_Castro_Valley@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:40D72F91-3399-49DE-95FF-C984755F1E79@microsoft.com...
> Does anyone have the file format that is used for payroll / gl data when
> it
> is imorted into GP via Payroll Connect.  We would like to import our
> non-ADP
> payroll data into GP by exporting it from our payroll system in the same
> format that ADP uses so that we can use the Payroll Connect tool.  All we
> need is the file format!  Thanks

If I can find that goofy format that will be my first choice.  If I don't
hear from anyone else, I will look for a guide and I'll keep the Integration
Manager as a backup.

Thanks!

"Mike G" wrote:

> Don't know if you can do that, the ADP file is generated in a goofy format
> from ADP.  Then it's sucked in from there.
> I think there's a guide, but not sure.
> You are much better off using Integration Manager for something like this.
> Mike
>
> "Dave_in_Castro_Valley" <Dave_in_Castro_Valley@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote in message news:40D72F91-3399-49DE-95FF-C984755F1E79@microsoft.com...
> > Does anyone have the file format that is used for payroll / gl data when
> > it
> > is imorted into GP via Payroll Connect.  We would like to import our
> > non-ADP
> > payroll data into GP by exporting it from our payroll system in the same
> > format that ADP uses so that we can use the Payroll Connect tool.  All we
> > need is the file format!  Thanks

I got the format from article: Article ID:  851345.  It did help and I was
able to import.  There is also a pdf user guide.

"Dave_in_Castro_Valley" wrote:

> Does anyone have the file format that is used for payroll / gl data when it
> is imorted into GP via Payroll Connect.  We would like to import our non-ADP
> payroll data into GP by exporting it from our payroll system in the same
> format that ADP uses so that we can use the Payroll Connect tool.  All we
> need is the file format!  Thanks
0
KBG (1)
2/28/2007 3:12:23 AM
That is great news!  I wasn't able to find that article though.  If I can
find that and the PDF I will be set!  Could you tell me how to locate it?  Is
it part of the regular knowledge base?  I also tried the following with no
luck:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/851345/en-us
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/851345

Thank you

"KBG" wrote:

> I got the format from article: Article ID:  851345.  It did help and I was
> able to import.  There is also a pdf user guide.
>
> "Dave_in_Castro_Valley" wrote:
>
> > Does anyone have the file format that is used for payroll / gl data when it
> > is imorted into GP via Payroll Connect.  We would like to import our non-ADP
> > payroll data into GP by exporting it from our payroll system in the same
> > format that ADP uses so that we can use the Payroll Connect tool.  All we
> > need is the file format!  Thanks

Here is fix for Windows file problems

Paragraph formating jumps to defaults.
Hi, We are using Office/Outlook 2007 We have an email signature script that is run when users login, it´s working ok except for two things; If the default paragraph settings in Word 2007 for a user matches those in the signature script, the signature will use the "Base defaults" of Word 2007, that is SpaceAfter = 10 and LineSpacing = "Multiple" with a value of 1,15. So if I change the script to use SpaceAfter=0 and the user has set his/her Word 2007 to use SpaceAfter=0, the result will be SpaceAfter=10. If the script is set to SpaceAfter=0 and the us...

Fax Icon on my File menu and toolbar

Where is the lasso feature in 2008? (was in formatting palette in 2004)

Formatting a subtotal line with a macro

formatting auto replies
Does anyone know of a method that allows outlook 2k2 to format automatic replies regardless of the format of the original message? I setup this automatic response rule that replies with a template, but problem is, when replying to http clients (hotmail or yahoo), the message at the receiver's end has words totally misplaced, all over the page. Any suggestions would be appreciated. ...

Outlook Express and LAN connection
I have Outlook Express 6.00.280 installed on Win NT 4.0 SP6 which is LAN connected to another PC that has Internet connection (Proxy server). Email account on my PC is POP3 for incoming mails and SMTP for outcoming. Now the problem is that I cannot receive emails but can only send them through this Proxy. Internet Explorer and all other applications that require Internet connection through proxy are working OK. The only problem I have is to receive emails. I setup the same account on another PC which has direct connection to the Internet through dialup and no problems for both sending and rece...

Outlook receiving zip files

unable to read file #7

SBS 2003 moving of users files

Importing AOL Email File Cabinet

Exporting contacts in a csv file

Publisher can not save file

Excel 2007 PC damages Mac Excel 2008 Files

SQL Server Connection Failed
Hi everybody, this is my scenario: 1. Windows Server 2008 2. WSS 3.0 + MOSS 2007 3. SQL Server 2008. i'm having this problem: "Login failed for user 'sa'. Reason: An error occurred while evaluating the password. [CLIENT: 72.55.191.137]". in this momment i can't see any application from sharepoint. somebody knows how can i do? i don't change the sa password. i don't change anything in the sharepoint configuration. since two days ago i'm having this problem. pls, is very urgent, because i have to deliver this server the next monday to the...

Format for credit card numbers

Varying format
Is there any way to format a cell differently depending on the number of decimal places typed in? What I need is a minimum of 2dp but 3 if the typed entry matches. eg 1.2 appears as 1.20 and 1.234 appears as typed. TIA Ian Hi! Try formatting the cell with a custom number format such as 0.00## Al -- Alf ----------------------------------------------------------------------- AlfD's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=478 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27494 "AlfD" <AlfD.1f5q6o@excelforum-nospam.c...