Payables Trx Entry and previously made pre-payment

Hello, when entering an invoice in the Payables Trx Entry screen and
entering a check amount the Payables Check Entry screen opens where
you enter the checkbook id, check number and payment number.   If I
have a pre-payment to this vendor that was make prior to entering this
invoice, via a check,  and I enter the check number that was used for
the prepayment and enter the payment number that was created via the
pre-payment rather then taking the new payment number that gets pre-
populated on the Payables Check Entry screen, when this invoice gets
posted will it apply the previously entered pre-payment to this
invoice?

Thanks
0
hdjim

No, in fact you should not be able to enter a previously printed check
in that field.  You should get the message "This check has previously
been used".  Even if you could enter it, the pre-payment would not be
applied to the invoice.  You'll need to enter the invoice, then go to
'Apply Payables Documents' to apply the pre-payment to the invoice.

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
Frank
8/18/2010 3:19:12 PM
damn.  Thanks Frank.  I asked this because I need to pre-pay some
vendors and was planning to use eConnect to create the pre-payments.
I want to use the  taPMManualCheck schema to create a manual payment
to the vendor and not apply it so it will be a pre-payment.  Then when
we import the invoice into GP via eConnect using the
taPMTransactionInsert I wanted to programmatically get the pre-payment
check no. and payment no. and use those details for a check payment
details on the invoice and was hoping GP would automatically apply
that pre-payment so a user doesn't have to manually apply the pre-
payment to the invoice.

Normally if you enter a payment (via Payables Check Entry screen) when
creating the invoice via Payables Transaction Entry screen, that check
payment is automatically applied to the invoice correct?

0
hdjim
8/18/2010 5:00:58 PM
That is correct hd.  Now, if you're doing this all via eConnect, that
paints a different picture.  I'm no eConnect expert but I would think
you could design the integration such that the pre-payment would be
applied to the invoice right after the invoice is created.  You just
need to mimic the logic in the Apply Payables Documents routine.

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
Frank
8/18/2010 5:41:45 PM
Unfortunately Receivables has an RMApply schema but there is no such
schema in PM, that is, there is no PMApply schema. And all the stored
procs are encrypted so you can't review them and see what each sp is
doing.  So trying to mimic the PM Apply logic blind could be tricky.
I was hoping for a shortcut.  I was hoping to trick the system by
using the existing check and payment number (the pre-payment) in the
Payables Check Entry screen and have GP apply THAT payment to the
invoice being created.

I guess I can trace what GP is doing via SQL Profiler and see what sps
it's calling when in the Apply Payables Documents window but I still
can't open them and see exactly what's going on.  bummer.

Thanks.
0
hdjim

Entry Point Error WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?? FIX??
This pops up when I open my outlook 2003 for XP CiceroUIWnd Frame: OUTLOOK.EXE-Entry Point Not Found X The procedure entry point_GetIUMS@4 could not be located in the dynamic library MSDART.DLL. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN I checked on Microsoft's DLL Helpbase (you may need to fix the wrap on the link below to use it): http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/servicedesks/fileversion/dllinfo.asp&SD=TECH&FR=0 and I found that the MSDART.DLL is: Microsoft Data Access - OLE DB Runtime Routines Not much help, but definately something to do with a database... Then I looked...

Schedule Payments
My predecessor set up a scheduled payment at a customer site, and they do not use it (I personally was never a fan of scheduled payments). The payment shows on the vendor inquiry and is affecting the selecting of checks for this vendor--any idea how to get rid of? I have gone into the scheduled payment window to delete/void and it is not an option. Thanks. Andrea, This was taken from the Great Plains website: Currently there is not a way to void the Payment Schedule, as the schedule itself is not a Payment, Credit Memo, or Return (and so has no appreciable effect on the Payables Man...

Upgraded OE 6 fails to recognize previous Store directories emails/folders
Dear Sirs, For several months, I had been using IE/Outlook Express 6.0/SP1 with no difficulties. During that time, because of many thousands of Yahoo type group emails, I decided to use my OE 6's Tools--> Options --> Maintenance --> Store Folder option to change my Store Folder from my small C drive, to a folder on my large, external USB D drive. This was working just fine, after exporting once, all of the emails to that drive (except for whenever I forgot to turn on the external/USB drive, then, I would have to go through the above process (except for the export) to change the...

Multiple exchange rate per payment
We need the facility to have a different echange rate per payment rather than per batch. e.g. 2 payments in USD at different rates in the same batch. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrows...

Importing Pre-formatted Word Document into Publisher
I have a long, formatted Word document containing many footnotes. If I have created a main text box onto a Master page with certain margins plus a smaller text box above the main text for the Headers to be added later, how do I insert and/or import the Word file properly into the main text box? It keeps losing the footnote text althought the footnote reference markers are in the proper place of the text. Publisher doesn't support footnotes. You will have to type them manually or try copy/paste from Word. Long documents are best done in Word. To get a Word document inserted properly...

Prompting users for data entry in a worksheet
Hi, Can anyone tell me how to record or program a macro that will prompt the user with a question for a cell (eg" What is the Client's name?") so they can enter the text which will be the content of the cell? Thanks very much. Michelle. You could use a macro: Option Explicit sub GetName() worksheets("sheet1").range("a1").value _ = inputbox(Prompt:="What is the client's name?") end sub You could even call this routine Auto_Open(). Then it'll run as soon as the workbook opens. But if you're gonna start getting lots of info from...

PM Payment Runs
In GP9 you needed to do a EFT payment run before the Cheque payment run in order that your EFT creditors would be paid by this method. This changed in GP10 where EFT creditors are not selected on the Cheque payment run. Is there an easy way of getting EFT creditors picked up on the Cheque payment run (apart from switching off EFT in Company Setup)? This became an issue for a customer who needed to pay some of their suppliers but the people who can authorise the EFT run were not available but the people who could authorise the cheque run were. ...

SOP entry for and offset to freight charges
My client would like to have a line item appear on their order that would offset a specific GL account, based on the Sales Person, for free freight. In other words, they are selling items and they want to offer the customer free freight... they want to record that freight was X dollars, and that we have given them a credit for that money. I think the real reason that they want to do this is so they can offset the commissions that the sales people are getting - you know reduce the commissionable amount by the amount that they are giving away. The way they do it now is by posting it to...

page set up with blank rows between each entry
I put blank rows between each row which makes it easier to read my spread sheet. When I sort the data the blank row disappears. How do I keep this from happening? Thanks Sandoria wrote: > I put blank rows between each row which makes it easier to read my spread > sheet. When I sort the data the blank row disappears. How do I keep this from > happening? Thanks I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm work, but I don't think what you want to do is possible. As a work around try making you row height greater. Click in the square in the upper left hand corner. This will s...

Embedded macro not allowing data entry
I have a split form (frmTasks) that contains an embedded macro. The macro opens a second form (frmModifyTasks) when the user double clicks on the ID. This has been working well. The user has requested tracking the comments field changes on the frmModifyTasks. To do this I have created a one (tblTasks) to many (tblComments) relationship. On frmModifyTasks I have included 2 subforms using tblComments to allow the user to enter new comments into a blank field and to show past comments. In order to show only a blank field to enter new comments, subform frmNewComment is displayed. In or...

Do You Need Affordable and Professional Form Data Entry?
Offshore Data Entry offers form data entry with affordable rates and also it provides data entry, data capture, dataentry services, large volume data processing and data conversion services through offshore facilities in India. Offshore data entry also provides form data entry, data capture, HTML/SGML coding, image scanning, file conversion with low cost, high quality,99.98% accuracy and time bound. Do visit us at http://www.offshoredataentry.com/dataentryservices.htm, to know more about our Offshore Data Entry Services and avail our services at affordable rates. E-mail Us: info@offshoredatae...

Default Create New Journal Entry with Dialer
I am using the Dial feature with my Outlook contacts. It works great. In the "New Call" dialogue box the is a check box to "Create new Journal Entry when starting new call". I would like to change that to be checked by default, rather than unchecked as it currently is. Any advice on how to go about doing this? Thanks in advance. ~ Rick... ...

How to add new payment terms
Hi all, I would appreciate if someone kindly gives me information of how to change, add, or edit payment terms in Money 2004 small business, such as adding net 90 days term Many thanks in advanced. ...

Don't Break Up Account Payments
When payments are applied at one store to A/R's from different stores the payment is broken up by store, and the payments "pieces" can even have different dates on them. Some of my client's customer have been either confused or angry because the pieces can be on different statements, and it looks like they're being shortchanged. What I'm basically asking is that account payments are listed on statements as a full payment and not be broken up. Thanks, Matt ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with...

Pre-Defined E-Mail Templates
I want to use the pre-defined e-mail templates in the sales process workflow as notifications to the managers for different sales stages. As wrote in Workflow Help, the e-mail recipients are already defined in the templates, but this routing doesn't suit me. Pleas advise me how I can change the recipients lists. Thanks. The e-mail recipients are not defined in the e-mail templates, only merge fields are. The e-mail recipients are defined when you create the workflow. It is pretty easy to create an workflow that send email. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links....

Unable to view vendor payable details
I am unable to view vendor transactions - invoices, payment details etc - in Inquiry, Payables, Transaction by vendor. I get a blank screen even if I do an inquiry by document number, date or type. Please help. Thanks. What happens if you go to SmartList and click on Payables - is there data in there? -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "nobody" <nobody@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:896C2AE5-75F6-464A-97C0-CBABE45F554B@microsoft.com... >I am unable to view vendor transactions - invoices, payment details etc - >in >...

Getting ptr to previous window that had focus
Hi, I am working on an app that wants to extract highlighted details from a previous application, e.g. I will enter a number into Notepad and highlight a number, I will then switch to my application and try to retrieve the highlighted number from Notepad. I am trying to use Clipboard to achieve this by gaining a ptr to the previous window that had focus and performing a Clipoard Copy function, and then pasting from the clipboard in to my application. I wish to achieve this programmatically as automation is a preferred option for our potential customers. TIA ...

Can I retain functions from a previous cell when inserting a new r
I have an Excel spreadsheet. I need to insert a row, but have a column with SUM functions going down each row. Can I insert the row and have the SUM function automatically entered in the new row created? Hi see: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Philobr" <Philobr@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:B5E5E5B1-C5EA-446A-A43F-017BB67F6773@microsoft.com... > I have an Excel spreadsheet. > I need to insert a row, but have a column with SUM functions going down each > row. > Can I insert the ...

NNTP event log 420 entries
My event log is full of NNTP 420 message that just simply say that NNTP had received "x" number of messages. Is there a way to stop it from doing these entries? If there are problems, then I want the problems logged,...but I don't need and entry every 60 seconds for a status report on the number of messages that passed,... it is just needless clutter. -- Phillip Windell [MCP, MVP, CCNA] www.wandtv.com ...

Debt Reduction Planner bug creates unrealistic payment in first month
I've had this bug for about 3 or 4 versions now and it is really annoying because I can't use the debt reduction planner for any amounts other than zero. The problem is on the page where you can define the payment plan by an amount that you want to pay every month. If I enter zero here, then go to the next page and view the plan, then it correctly shows the minimum monthly payments for each account. If I then enter some value more than the minimum payment, then go to the next screen, the first month shows a very large payment, typically around $20k - $25k, then the remaining ...

How do I delete previous info from letter wizard template?
I am using Microsoft Office Word 2003. I found a letter wizard template, in the tool bar at the top of my word document, after clicking on "Tools", "Letters & Mailings", then "Letter Wizard". I am now trying to delete the sender and recipient info from the template. I am assuming that the template is saving these names in a drop-down menu for future use. I have completed my letter, and no longer want this personal info to be left behind. If anyone can help, please respond. Thanks ...

Business portal timesheet entry
In business portal 3.0 is it possible to pre-populate an all-day entry for holiday time, as appropriate. E.g., the system would automatically add the appropriate block of time for each national holiday -- July 4th, Labor Day, etc Thanks Regards Riz, Thanks for using the newsgroups. The functionality you mention is not available in BP Project Time and Expense. Thanks, Rob -- Rob Bernhardt Software Quality Assurance Microsoft Business Solutions This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Riz" wrote: > In business portal 3....

Voiding a Credit Card Payment in Version 10.0.
This is strange but here is what is happening. Customer entered an invoice for $200.00. After posting he decided to pay it by credit card. He created a manual payment and pays it with a credit card attached to a Vendor. At this point the Supplier is owed nothing and the credit card Vendor is owed $200.00. All is well. The GL shows an entry to the payables of $200.00 for the original invoice and an in and out for the Credit card payment. The Customer then decides to void the manual payment. When he does that the invoice is returned as outstanding to the original Vendor but the $200.00 owi...

vlookup fails, and previous ones also now fail!
I sent a file to a colleague that has several vlookups in it so that she could adapt it for her reports. For some reason the vlookup has stopped working (it was OK when she first started changing values). For example, the first vlookup is =VLOOKUP(U4,'Audit tool'!$C$1:$F$514,2,0). In cell U4 is the text 1.1, and the vlookup returns the value appropriate from the audit tool sheet. In the next row is 1.2 and so on. If I change cell U4 to 1.2, it returns #NA, and if I retype 1.1 it still won't return a value. I opened another spreadsheet with lookups in and the same...

what does it means "*Ret Trx Entry"????
This is updated on batch source field when POPTYPE is Return. What the differences between *Ret Trx Entry and Ret Trx Entry. Look that the first one has an * at begining... Thanks -- Evelin. I would take a guess and say the Batch Source with an asterisk is Transaction Level posted, whilst without the asterisk is a transaction saved to a batch and then the batch is posted. The presence or absence of the asterisk in the batch source also occurs in Sales Order Processing documents. (SOP10100 table) ------ Robert "Ana Evelin Rosa" <anar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...