Payables Integrations

I have setup a payable integration - following the sample - and set my file
up just like the sample file - however, when i integrate vouchers with more
than one account distribution - only one distribution line integrates.

I am on GP10- any thoughts on this?
0
AndreaSmiley (210)

Andrea,

Have you setup the Distribution File properly? It should have the Dist Type,
Debit Amount, Credit Amount, Doc Number, Account Number. The distribution
should be such that for one document number, there will be a debit as well as
credit, so, you land up having the same document number repeated for debit
and credit.

The other thing is have you assigned the Record Source as Distribution File
in Mapping? The Query Relationship should also be set to Doc Number.
--
Thanks
Janakiram M.P.

"Andrea Smiley" wrote:

> I have setup a payable integration - following the sample - and set my file
> up just like the sample file - however, when i integrate vouchers with more
> than one account distribution - only one distribution line integrates.
>
> I am on GP10- any thoughts on this?
0
janakirammp (688)
6/29/2009 2:59:02 PM
Andrea,

Just make sure that you filled the data exactly as the example, it seems you
did not.

Regards,
--
Mohammad R. Daoud
MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS

"Janakiram M.P." wrote:

> Andrea,
>
> Have you setup the Distribution File properly? It should have the Dist Type,
> Debit Amount, Credit Amount, Doc Number, Account Number. The distribution
> should be such that for one document number, there will be a debit as well as
> credit, so, you land up having the same document number repeated for debit
> and credit.
>
> The other thing is have you assigned the Record Source as Distribution File
> in Mapping? The Query Relationship should also be set to Doc Number.
> --
> Thanks
> Janakiram M.P.
> MCP-GP
> Note: If you are a Microsoft Partner, You can also Login to Dynamics GP
> partner forums at
> http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/partnerdynamicsgp/threads
>

> "Andrea Smiley" wrote:
>
> > I have setup a payable integration - following the sample - and set my file
> > up just like the sample file - however, when i integrate vouchers with more
> > than one account distribution - only one distribution line integrates.
> >
> > I am on GP10- any thoughts on this?
We have set it exactly as the sample, but will double check

We do have the Query Relationship set to the Doc Number field.

It appears to be importing the data into a balanced transaction after I made
some setting changes, but we receive the error that the document number
already exists for the second line of data.

"Mohammad R. Daoud" wrote:

> Andrea,
>
> Just make sure that you filled the data exactly as the example, it seems you
> did not.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Mohammad R. Daoud
> MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS
> Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85
> Great Package For Business Solutions
> daoudm@greatpbs.com
> http://www.greatpbs.com
> http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/
>

> "Janakiram M.P." wrote:
>
> > Andrea,
> >
> > Have you setup the Distribution File properly? It should have the Dist Type,
> > Debit Amount, Credit Amount, Doc Number, Account Number. The distribution
> > should be such that for one document number, there will be a debit as well as
> > credit, so, you land up having the same document number repeated for debit
> > and credit.
> >
> > The other thing is have you assigned the Record Source as Distribution File
> > in Mapping? The Query Relationship should also be set to Doc Number.
> > --
> > Thanks
> > Janakiram M.P.
> > MCP-GP
> > Note: If you are a Microsoft Partner, You can also Login to Dynamics GP
> > partner forums at
> > http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/partnerdynamicsgp/threads
> >

> > "Andrea Smiley" wrote:
> >
> > > I have setup a payable integration - following the sample - and set my file
> > > up just like the sample file - however, when i integrate vouchers with more
> > > than one account distribution - only one distribution line integrates.
> > >
> > > I am on GP10- any thoughts on this?
0
AndreaSmiley (210)
6/29/2009 6:20:02 PM
Take a look at the "group by" setting in the header of the sample
integration.

The header section groups the detail lines together.  If you group by the
document number then IM will know that detail line items with the same
document number belong to a single transaction.

If you do not group them together, IM will treat each detail line as a
separate transaction and give you an error that the document already exists.

"Andrea Smiley" <AndreaSmiley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have setup a payable integration - following the sample - and set my
file
> up just like the sample file - however, when i integrate vouchers with
more
> than one account distribution - only one distribution line integrates.
>
> I am on GP10- any thoughts on this?

Less Spam Better enjoyable experience
Visit : news://spacesst.com
0
news_jamrock (304)

Integration Manager not available in GP Menu
I have installed GP 10 and Integration Manager with the latest updates available. I can launch IM just fine if I do it through the start menu. However, when I try to access it through the GP menu, it is disabled (greyed out). I have the Integration Manager Conversion and Integration Manager XML licenses, and all products are properly registered. Any ideas? You need to add shortcuts to Integration manager in GP 10 - there are knowledge base articles i believe on how to do that. "Chris Owens" wrote: > I have installed GP 10 and Integration Manager with the latest updates ...

Extensions on Integration manager for Conversions
I would like for partners to be able to request a one time 120 day extension on Integration Manager for Conversions for any client and get automatic approval. Too often a client purchases software and the implementation gets delayed. Then we run short of time with IM. Just like we can get an extension on filing our taxes, I think MS should give us one extension per customer on IM for Conversions upon request. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree&qu...

integrating KB's in to a website
Is it possible to have the approved KB's that are in my CRM v3 setup visible from my website ? This would be great, coz up until using CRM v3 I have had to rewrite my KB's for my website. Olly Olly, You can access any MSCRM data using a web page and ADO.NET and display whatever you like. Doing it this way bypasses the built-in security but if it's just KB articles then I guess thats not too important. -Cheers GB Any idea how or any examples ? There are numerous examples of accessing the SQL data using a web page & ADO.NET - Google it!. This is probably a task you should...

Integrating Microsoft RMS with Security DVR
Hi. I have a GeoVision security DVR (CCTV system), and would like to integrate it with RMS POS. Specifically, I want to overlay all transaction information onto the recorded video everytime a transaction occurs. The Geovision software apparently allows one to do this, provided some requirements are met: 1. POS system outputs transaction information in text form. or 2. POS system outputs in what they call "graphics mode" or 3. POS system provides a receipt file that conforms to one of the following formats: ini, jnl, or txt. I don't believe RMS does #3, s...

EFT for Payables
Hello, We are using Dynamics GP 10. We have the EFT for Payables. Has anyone configured a file format for Germany banks? The format is DTAZV or DTAUS. I know there is no default in EFT but that this format would need to be configured. Thanks ...

Named formula for integration
I have a tool for integrating and differentiating functions using Excel, see http://www.engineersexcel.com/Tools/Function%20Calculus/Description.htm I have 2 questions: 1. Can a named formula be used for integration ? That is, if a named range, say X(n) has n numbers in it, can there be a named formula Y(n) that works as follows: Y(1) = X(1) Y(n) = Y(n-1) + X(n) for all n > 1 ? 2. Is there a way a data table can be stored as a named range ? (If the above are possible, then it will be possible to rewrite the tool without any calculations on the spreadsheet itself.) Any comments would ...

Invoice random load problem: Operation failed due to a SQL integrity violation
Hi I'm writing a web service to load inside the CRM application a list of invoices. The first time I load the list (about 5.000 invoices) I've no problem. Cause I'm in developing the procedure, after deleting all the loaded invoices, I try to load all of them again.... (of course there can be a lot of reasons to delete a list and load it again....) And now, after about 2000 of succesfully invoice load, I've this error message: 0x80040237 Operation failed due to a SQL integrity violation. Platform If I try the operation again I've the same error, and I can't load an...

MSCRM Integration to SMTP compliant email
I thought SMTP compliance allows for email in tegration to MSCRM. We have customer gagging for MSCRM with email packages such as Lotus Notes, Groupwise and even First Class. Are there no .net connector available? Afraid Exchange is a requirement for the out of the ox email features. I have been successful building a replacement web service to send outbound email and we have also implemented on Notes using the Exchange/Notes router. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 13:04:46 -0400, "St...

Adding price levels through Integration Manager
I am trying to add a price level to a group of parts using Integration Manager. In my integration, my source is a CSV file with item number, price level, percent, price, and U of M. The price level already exists in the inventory price level setup. The destination I'm using is Inventory Item in the Great Plains folder. Item number, price level, U of M, percent, and price are mapped to columns in my CSV file. I checked the properties of the integration to make sure it is "Insert and Update", and then run it. It tells me that all of the items in my CSV file were successfully ...

Exchange Integration doesn't work
We installed the exchange integration and can send out emails. However, the email do not get forwarded to the CRM. CRM 1.2 on Windows Server 2003 MS Exchange 2000 on a Windows Server 2000 Anyone has an idea? Thanks ...

Payables Document Inquiry
GP 8.0 / SQL 2000 When pulling up a range of documnets (INQ > PAYABLES > DOCUMENT) The original window comes up correctly. When you maximize the window, the first doc # amt changes to the last Doc in the range amt. Ex - when I pull up range 123 to 678. doc 123 = 550.00 and doc 678 = 75.00. when I expand the window, doc 123 reflects 75.00. Everything is posted correctly and this does not affect the customer balances. Any ideas ? I would re-install the client software, or copy from another workstation. It's likely a local code problem. You might also try the SQL Ma...

GP10 Payables Trial Balance
The Payables Trial Balance Report Options window does not provide Lookups for the Vendor Name Range. -- JB ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=3de08677-e6d2-48...

Integration manager web service source adapter
I am evaluating several options to integrate Great Plains with a separate system that will serve as a sub-ledger. The sub-ledger system provides integration via web services for GL, AP, and AR transactions. In Integration Manager (7.5), I see the ability to install source adapters for ODBC, text files, and XML files. I suppose I could write a utility to call and consume the sub-ledger's web services and write XML files, but it would be more convenient if Integration Manager provided the ability to call a web service itself. Is this possible? Thanks in advance. The closest to th...

SharePoint and SSRS integrated mode
Hi, Does anyone know if GP will work with SSRS in SharePoint Integrated mode? Thanks, Bradley Bradley, Thanks for using the newsgroups. What is the context of your question? What are you attempting to do with the SSRS reports? The reports that are included with GP 10 can only be deployed through the tool to native mode. GP 11 will support both, but I'm interested in your requirements. Please reply. Thanks Rob -- Rob Bernhardt Software Quality Assurance Microsoft Business Solutions This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "...

ASP integration
Hello, In the form 'Account', I would like to add an IFrame containing an ASP page. This ASP page will display a query from another database (on the same server). Typically, I would like to display all the account's order. I can't find any information nor example. Some clues ? Thanks -- Ami Calmant St�phane Hi, Just take a look at the Microsoft CRM 3.0 SDK which can be downloaded from Microsoft. Also on MSDN are technical articles that explain how to achieve this using ASP.NET. Here is an example based on the old version of Microsoft CRM, maybe you can use it:ht...

Integration Manager script #3
I'm trying to select particular characters from a souce field to use in constructing the GL account value for a paybles integration. The source field data would look like this: 100 - Corporate If I preview the source file, that is exactly what I see in the field I'm referencing. Within that field I'm trying to grab the first 3 characters and store them in a temp area; 100 in the example above. It seems straight forward but when I use the script below: sFacility = Left("Concur AMEX Detail.Employee Facility ID",3) the result is Cor rather than 100; what am I missin...

Integration
I am trying to bring some sop transactions to the history of Great Plains. But i don't want post those SOPS because that will affect Inventory and GL. Is there any way I can bring those transactions to history table directly? How aout table import? Thanks, Sam, If you are set up to Post to GL (opposed to Post Through GL), transactions are posted to a GL bactch when you post the SOP transaction. You could delete the GL Batch and prevent affecting the GL. You could use non-inventory items to import historical transaction data, but if you do use your inventory items, you will affe...

Could not set foreground locking to 0 on integration
I have a scheduled integration setup that first runs the login to GP, then an integration group (2 AR integrations). I have them set at 5 minutes apart. The TK article for this particular error says that the error is because "Great Plains is still in the process of launching when the Integration Manager starts running" and suggests to increase the time between the login and the integration. I increased the time to 15 minutes apart and finally at 30 minutes apart, but the first record of both integrations still fails with this error "could not set foreground locking va...

Amazon Web Service Merchant Integration
I'm having a problem with generating a proxy class for the Amazon Web Service for Merchant Integration. Per their instructions I installed WSE 2.0 and referenced the dime version of their web service. Using VS 2003 I end up with a missing location property for their ReferencedBinary object. When I use the command line tool wsewsdl2.exe I get the following message. The section of xml that seems to be causing the problem is below the error message. C:\Program Files\Microsoft WSE\v2.0\Tools\Wsdl>wsewsdl2 merchant-interface-dime. wsdl test.cs CS Microsoft (R) WSDL to SoapClient Uti...

Integration Manager / Concur's Travel & Expense Corporate Edition
We are currently on GP v10.0 and we utilize the Project Accounting module. We are interested in utilizing Concur's Travel & Expense Corporate Edition. We understand we will need to utilize Integration Manager to import Concur datafiles into GP, but we are not sure how and where the data will end up in GP Project Accounting (i.e. Receivings Transaction Entry or Employee Expense Entry screens). Or do we have the option to point different types of data to different screens? Can anyone explain how it works? Or point us to some documentation that may help clarify the process? W...

CRM SFO Client should have better integration with customizations.
I have developed a custom page, which is launched from a button on the Opportunity detail page that I have added to that page by updating the isv.config file. When using CRM via the Web client, this custom page launches, the user is able to perform the work they need to do on this page, then clicks an update button on this page, which refreshes the calling page (Opportunity detail) and then closes the IE browser window that the custom page was launched in. When using CRM via the CRM SFO Client, this custom page launches, the user is able to perform the work they need to do on this pa...

Integration manager 9.0 not working
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0029_01C70321.E099D310 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable We've had integrations since version 6 and just upgraded to 9.0 over the = weekend. Now my integrations are coming back "The destination could not be initialized due to the following problem: VBScript error in line 6, Exists module, "Unterminated string constant" What does this mean? Has any one else had problems in integrating a = receivables transaction? I haven't had to change ...

newbie question about IDE / ADO.net integration
Hi guys, I have made a console application that reads .mdb file. The way I achieved it was using the IDE, it was pretty much automatically, just dragging the mdb file into the idea, writing few sql strings in the wizard, and it generate the adapter,dataset and etc. classes automatically. 2 questions: 1) How is this process/model called ? Is it XSD ? named Datasets ? I want to know when asking questions regarding this, how to refer it in the future. 2) The connection string to the mdb file is in the setting, and I'd like to pass it as a command line argument to my application...

Integration Manager: odd GL batch entry error
I have created a new GP company (with a new chart of accounts) into which we will integrate information from an "old" GP company. All of the company and GL setup is done and the new chart of accounts has been integrated. When I import a "balanced" batch (amounts sum to zero) I get the following error: " DOC [] WARNING: Account [] will not be integrated because no non-zero debit or credit value exists to integrate." The batch comes in out-of-balance. The account number does exist in the chart of accounts and the integration source file, and the integration r...

Multi Line SOP Transaction using Integration Manager
I am using Integration Manager 7.0 to try and load a Sales Quote that has several hundred line items. I am using 2 text files as the source. The first is the header file which hasthe SOP Doc Number and other fields. The second is the detail file, and has the SOP Doc Number, item qty, date site etc. I am joining them by SOP Doc Number in the query relationships window, and checking Option 3 in the relationship type window. The destination is Sales Transactions and I am using the Dynamics/eEnterprise 7.0 adapter. (Not the SQL optimized) When I run the integration, only the first recor...