Payables Integration Into Payables

Hello, All I am looking for any information on Payables integration into
payables.  I am looking for both setup information and how to go about
using it.  any Docs / website / whatever would be appreciated.  TIA
0
Brian

Please clarify! o.O
--
Regards,
--

"Brian" <nixtootec@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello, All I am looking for any information on Payables integration into
> payables.  I am looking for both setup information and how to go about
> using it.  any Docs / website / whatever would be appreciated.  TIA

0
Mohammad
5/27/2010 8:04:12 AM
What are you looking for me to clarify.  I just can't seem to find a lot
of documentation on this particular feature and would like to know if
anyone has a  link to more info about it.

On 5/27/2010 3:56 AM, Mohammad R. Daoud wrote:
> Please clarify! o.O
0
Brian
5/27/2010 12:02:56 PM
Payables integration into payables? What does that mean? If you want to use
Integration Manager I would refer to the Integration Manager user manual.
There are also examples that ship with IM. If you want to do a direct table
import then you need to look at the SDK. This toolset is in the Tools\SDK
folder on the installation DVD.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish, Brian?

Leslie

"Brian" wrote:

> Hello, All I am looking for any information on Payables integration into
> payables.  I am looking for both setup information and how to go about
> using it.  any Docs / website / whatever would be appreciated.  TIA
> .

There are different types of Payables integrations available in Integration
Manager.  Are you looking to import AP transactions or Vendors?

"Brian" wrote:

> What are you looking for me to clarify.  I just can't seem to find a lot
> of documentation on this particular feature and would like to know if
> anyone has a  link to more info about it.
>
> On 5/27/2010 3:56 AM, Mohammad R. Daoud wrote:
> > Please clarify! o.O
> .

Is it possible here that the confusion is that Brian is looking for
information on Payroll Integration to Payables?  It is part of Payroll
Extensions and (when installed and configured) can be accessed via Tools >
Setup > Payroll > Payables Integration > Vendors.  Documentation can be found
in the Program files/GP/Documentation/PayrollExtensions.PDF file - See
Chapter 2 - Payroll Setup Procedures.
--
Mike Lupro

"Brian" wrote:

> Hello, All I am looking for any information on Payables integration into
> payables.  I am looking for both setup information and how to go about
> using it.  any Docs / website / whatever would be appreciated.  TIA
> .

Ah yes I c now what I did.  Payroll integration into payables.  nice
catch of my mistype Mike.  Ok i will take a look at that part.  I hope
it answers my questions in regards to when i run it not just how to set
it up like most of these docs.  thanx again

On 5/27/2010 7:06 PM, Mike Lupro wrote:
> Is it possible here that the confusion is that Brian is looking for
> information on Payroll Integration to Payables?  It is part of Payroll
> Extensions and (when installed and configured) can be accessed via Tools>
> Setup>  Payroll>  Payables Integration>  Vendors.  Documentation can be found
> in the Program files/GP/Documentation/PayrollExtensions.PDF file - See
> Chapter 2 - Payroll Setup Procedures.
0
Brian

Integration Manager #16
All, We recently had an integration manager issue that comes and goes. I'm a little uncomfortable with this since we don't know the root cause and it can happen again at anytime. Here is the error: 1: SalesOrder Insert Failed 0.89 Seconds DOC 1 ERROR: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PKSOP40500'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.SOP40500'. I'm not exactly sure how SOP40500 table is used but I thought it creates a master key for each document. Some clarification and a possible solution wou...

Integration between CRM and GP
I have a custom field for product description in CRM Orders. Can I map it to Great Plains line item description using biztalk mapper. - Raj ...

Integration-Customers
When I create a customer integration, is there a way to populate the address fields in RM00101? I'm mapping the address fields to the address section which creates an address record in RM00102. What am I missing? Thanks in advance, Kevin Vogler Map an address code to the Address ID field under the Customer collection (RM00101). IM and GP will do the rest. The address code also needs to be added under the Addresses collection (RM00102). Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at h...

Integration Manager 10
What's wrong with Refresh Columns in the Source Properties window in Integraion Manager 10? You click on Refresh columns and it doesn't refresh the first time. You have to click on it a second time to get it to refresh. ...

RMS Integration with Fuel Pumps
I have a client with a mini mart and fuel station. They are using Sam4 registers and Ruby for the fuel sales. They hope to replace the Sam4 registers with RMS which is a no brainer but would like to import the fuel sales from Ruby on a daily basis. I was wondering if anyone out there has attempted this or could recommend an add on that will reduce pain. Thanks John I am interested in this as well John. What is it he is wanting to do with the console sales? "JStorlie" wrote: > I have a client with a mini mart and fuel station. They are using > Sam4 registers and Ruby ...

Payables Cheque
When printing a payables cheque (Transactions > Purchasing > Print Cheques), after selecting Process, I am prompted to print to the screen, printer or a file. Is there a way to default this always to the printer & not even be prompted for it. Thanks Yes, in Posting Setup (Administration>Posting>Posting) select the Purchasing Series and Computer Checks Origin. In the bottom section of the window, you'll see each of the reports that print when you hit Process. You can de-select the ? to prevent the system from asking for the destination, de-select the Scre...

Vendor ID Lookup in Payables Transaction
Weird happenings...customer is reporting randomly on the vendor id field on payables transaction, they can not enter more than the first 4 characters of the vendor id; or when they do a lookup it defaults to the vendor from the prioor transaction. Any ideas? They are on GP 9.0 Thanks! Is it a modified form?(You can tell if you notice a "." on the window title) Does the customer have smartlist security enabled as well? "Andrea Smiley" wrote: > Weird happenings...customer is reporting randomly on the vendor id field on > payables transaction, they can not ent...

Payables transaction entry distribution screen difference
The Payables Transaction Entry Distribution screen should list the amount you are out of balance, the difference, rather than just the total debits and credits, similar to how the GL transaction entry screen list the "difference". ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" i...

Add invoice to payables edit check list
We need to have the invoice number in addition to the voucher number on the detail section of the Computer Checks Edit List. Purchase Order Processing does not give a voucher number when matching invoices. Therefore, manual effort is required later to verify line items paid with the computer check selection process. This is unacceptable to customers. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button,...

Integration Manager SOP import shouldn't require SOP setup access
Per KB #896549 users must have access to the Sales Order Processing Setup window in order to run integrations for sales orders. Users are not required to have access to that window to enter sales orders manually. They should not have to have that level of access when running integrations. -- Jim@TurboChef ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in th...

Payables check batch stuck in "Work"
I have a check batch that is stuck in "Work" status. I've read several of your responses here and have looked both in Print checks and in post checks but the batch is not available in either location. There are about 1000 invoices attached to this check batch (actually just 1 check) so I really need to get this figured out! Please advise There is a knowledgebase article about stuck batches. The old article id is 18064. The heading is "Unable To Post or Unmark a Batch For Posting." -- Charles Allen, MVP "Gwen Staples" wrote: > I have a check batc...

make checks on the fly a double entry through accounts payable
with checks on the fly the step of posting to accounts payable is bypassed and this creates an out of balance issue between the cash account and the GL cash account ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/Ne...

Integration Manager #22
I have IM installed on the server and am using remote desktop to access remotely for a client. I can open integrations and create them, but when I run them the it locks up and when I exit the program it says that it is not responding do you want to end now. I've heard that IM on the server can sometimes cause problems, but can't find anything in Knowledge Base on it. Windows Server 2003 SQL 2005 Dynamics GP 9 Integration Manager 9 Thank you in advance!! I haven't seen any issues with IM on the server in a very similar configuration (SQL 2000 instead of 2005). Have you ch...

Payables Batch Entry Edit list Error messages
Help! Who can help me with the following error messages appearing on the edit list of up to 30 batches. Naturally, I cannot post the batches. They involve payments entered in Payables transaction Entry window. Please note that other transactions posted successfully and I use cashbook Management! 1. This transaction already has been posted. 2. Duplicate check numbers are not allowed. 3. The total applied amount was incorrect. 4. This transaction contains errors and won't be posted. Can anyone bail me out please! DD 1. It means what it says, the transaction has already been posted...

CRM integration with SAP R3
Hi, I'd like to know if is possible to integrate microsoft dynamics CRM with SAP R3 and wich is the best way to do. Is the any connector available? Thanks. Hi, Integration is possbile through custom development but currently there is no third party connector availalbe in market. You may use biztalk for integration or do custome integration using CRM SDK. For detatails: http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2006/mar06/03-27Convergence2006CRMPR.mspx You may contact me directly at my email address if you need any help on this. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post ...

CTI Integration with Swyx
I'm planning to use Swyx in combination with Microsoft CRM, the Swyx documentation mentions integration with the normal Outlook client, but what i want to do is when an incoming call is received on the (siemens) IP Phone pop-up a (Microsoft CRM) screen where to employee can make notes about the conversation or when there is no CLI (or a unknown CLI) create a new contact. Does anyone know if this is quite basic or will it be very expensive and cost me about 2 weeks of integration? Your right on the money so to speak. i created an integration from Microsoft CRM to an Altigen PBX using C#...

Solomon Integration?
Hi all... Anyone hear where Microsoft stands on this yet? Or does anyone have any suggestions for the non-C# programmer on how I can get CRM and Solomon to communicate? thanks... Jill Hart jhart@brillianceaudio.removethis.com It is available from Microsoft. Check with you VAR. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com San Francisco, CA >-----Original Message----- >Hi all... > >Anyone hear where Microsoft stands on this yet? Or does >anyone have any suggestions for the non-C# programmer on >how I can get CRM and Solomon to communicate? > >thanks... &g...

Integration Manager option in GP 9.0 not available
Hello, I've upgraded Great Plains & Integration Manager from 8.0 to 9.0. The problem I've run into is that the Integration Manager option in GP (Tools/Integrate/Integration Manager) is only available when logged in as 'sa' on a client PC; when logging in as another user, the option is grayed out. I've tried copying the im.cnk file from the IM folder to the GP folder, Launching GP and including the new code. I've also tried changing the ShowDynamics=False parameter in IM.ini to True and assigning domain users 'modify' rights to that file. Intergratio...

Payables Aging and Multi-Currency
How can I modify the MC Payables Detailed Aging to see the Totals for the report for the originating currency. I realize that there may be multiple originating currencies, but in this case, there will always only be one. We have a company in Peru that uses Soles as its functional currency, but some vendors send them invoices in USD. They need to age and show these invoices (and payments) in USD. We can get this using the Detailed Aging, but not get the grand total at the bottom. Also, is there a Summary Report that displays the Originating Currency? There used to be a rep...

Link from Payables Transaction Entry to Purchase order
Hi, I'm using GP 8.0 and would like to know if it's possible to enter an invoice/voucher through Payables transaction enter and have that entry automatically link and update an open purchase order? So that if a client has multiple invoices for 1 purchase order the PO will automatically deduct the invoice amount. Hence will alert you when you've received a cumulative total that has exceeded the PO amount. This would be quite useful when dealing with consultants for professional services. I see that there is a PO memo field in Payable processing but it doesn't seem to real...

Integration Manager Progress/Status
GP10. When we run IM, the entire Progress section does not update until the process is stopped or completes. Is there a switch that I am missing in dex.ini or one of the config files? Thanks, The amount of progress depends upon the source data. If you have one transaction with a thousand rows or two rows, it's still regarded as one transaction so you can either be 0% or 100% complete. If you break that thousand row item into 500 two-row transactions, then you should be able to see progress. But, of course, the latter may not be possible. However, the concept may explain your lac...

Integrating CRM 3.0 and GP 8.0 through econnect
Does anybody know how to extract service item info from GP 8.0 to CRM 3.0 using e-connect? ...

Payables Integration Into Payables
Hello, All I am looking for any information on Payables integration into payables. I am looking for both setup information and how to go about using it. any Docs / website / whatever would be appreciated. TIA Please clarify! o.O -- Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 mohdaoud@gmail.com http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/ "Brian" <nixtootec@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ObxOLcO$KHA.348@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hello, All I am looking for any information on Payables integration into > payables. I...

Integration with Microsoft Dynamics 3.0 with Lotus Notes ???
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_026F_01C76238.B97C2500 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, We use Lotus Notes 6.5 as our mail program and its running out of a = Lotus domino server. We are now planning to have our sales team use = Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0.=20 Would you be able to through some light on this? --=20 Regards, Dave Banerjee Handphone: +1 916 705 1294 | email: IfThenElseEndIf@GMail.com ------=_NextPart_000_026F_01C76238.B97C2500 Content-Type: text/html; charset="i...

Installing "Run Integration" for IM 10.0
Is it possible to have the “Run Integration” (Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.IntegrationManager.IMRun.exe) installed without installing Integration Manager in its entirety? Thanks you! Craig, It will not work. -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP "Craig" wrote: > Is it possible to have the “Run Integration” > (Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.IntegrationManager.IMRun.exe) installed without > installing Integration Manager in its entirety? > > Thanks you! While you cannot install just the IMRun.exe portion, you can certainly install the entire Integration Manager application an...