Passing Query Parameters from BP to a URL

Hey Eighties Fans:

After constructing a query in Business Portal, is it possible to pass a
parameter from that query into a URL?

Doing so would be similar to the SmartList Builder feature where you can
create a web site (URL) "Go-To" link and pass a parameter within that link
that literally becomes part of the web site address that appears in your web
browser.

Thanks!

childofthe1980s

What keeps overwriting my URL:MailTo Protocol entry in FileTypes???
Regularly, when I click a "mailto:..."-link on some webpage I get the error message "Could not perform this operation because the default mail client is not properly installed". Needless to say, that "Microsoft Outlook" is of course selected under Tools => Internet Options => Programs => E-mail. Puzzled I investigated further and found that in Explorer under Tools => Folder Options... => File Types the entry for "(None] URL:MailTo Protocol" contains the value "C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\OUTLOOK.EXE" -c IPM.Note /m "...

Arabic ODBC query
I am trying to read and write arabic data into Access2000 using MFC ODBC (CRecordset) , but I can only see '?' marks. after doing a research on the news groups , I understand that a tweak needs to be made on RFX_Text can anyone guide me what needs to be done. Appreciate a response. thnx P.Ekkoratha ...

Conditional formatting query #2
Hi, I thought I knew how to do this, but it turns out I don't. If I have names in column A (eg Alan, Bob, Cathy), and values in column B (see below), is there any way I can use conditional formatting to change a cell in A, based on a value in B? A B 1 Alan 4 2 Bob 1 3 Cathy 3 Essentially what I'd like is to highlight the name, if the value is 3 or over. I know how to change the cells in B using conditional formatting, but can't figure out how to change A cells. Thanks, Fiona Select all the cells you want Conditionally formatted. Try this with Formul...

Multiple Item query
I've read a few posts on this query and it looks like creating a table where I input the item numbers in it and linking it to the query seems to be a good way to get a lot of items in a query. Now what If I have hundreds of numbers I want to look up? do I input all 100 numbers into the table? Or what if it's like 10 numbers but I want create seperate queries for different groups of numbers, should I have 1 table for one group of numbers? What would be the easiest way for a novice to do this? It is easier to fill the table with just the values you need for the query you want to run, t...

display ratios as written in web query
I am using a web query to display data about screen contrasts, all written with the formatting of "700:1" or "3000:1" It displays corectly in the edit web query window, but everything I try to make it display as delivered fails. I tried text, custom formats with @ etc, but it seems to insist on doing the calculation before turning it back to text, or as a ratio it does the division. (The text formatting for this works OK if I type directly into the spread sheet) Is there a way to make a web query display as written? Any help appreciated. Keith ...

Can no longer click on URLs in HTML mail.
Hi, Not certain if this is actually an Outlook (2000) question, but will start here. Until a few days ago, I could click on a URL in the preview pane or the expanded mail window, and it would launch IE. Now, nothing happens. However, if I save the mail message, I can open the file and launch IE by clicking on it. It sounds as if I am stumbling over some sort of security issue, but I am not certain how it got changed, or where to reset it. Any ideas? Alan ...

Append Query Not Working 05-03-10
My Append query is not working and i am not sure why... Here is my SQL INSERT INTO tblContractPOTracking ( TrackingID ) SELECT tblDocTracking.TrackingID FROM tblDocTracking WHERE (((tblDocTracking.DocumentNumber)="5" Or (tblDocTracking.DocumentNumber)="6" Or (tblDocTracking.DocumentNumber)="7")); Please help! "not working" is a bit vague ... If you want more specific suggestions, please provide more specific description... Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received products and s...

Display a count of unique records in a query in Access 2007
Hi, I'm not sure if I should be in this group, or Reports, but I'll start here. I have a user who would like to do a count of unique records and display the information in a query, or a report. Here are the basics: She has a list of donors, some of the donors donate more than once to the same cause. What she would like is a list of the number of donors, per cause. But, if the donor ID repeats for the same cause, she does not want that ID counted again. Example: We can get a query to return a count of the records per cause. It is returning a value of "7" for a cause,...

Query Date Help
I need to create a query that will do the following: these are my fields: resign date, hire date I need to subtract the resign date from hire date but I want it to return the answer as years, months & days ie. 11/7/1986 - 6/18/1979 = 7 years 4 months & 19 days is there a way to use the DateDiff function to return years, monts & days? Look at this link on "A More Complete DateDiff Function" http://www.accessmvp.com/djsteele/Diff2Dates.html -- Good Luck BS"D "aldunford" wrote: > I need to create a query that will do the following: > > th...

Run query from date input on form
Hello all! I have what I hope is a easy situation. I have a table that has information that is entered daily with a field "Completed Date". I want to add a text box to a form where a user can enter a date and hit a button that will run a query for that specific completion date so I can have the query results exported to Excel. Would I use an unbound text box on the form? How would I set up the query to take the date entered in the form? Thank you very much! - Joker -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Yes, an unbound textbox would be one w...

question on tables and queries
I've imported 2 tables from excel and ran a query against those two tables to determined the difference. This is something I would like to do each month. I would like to keep the same settings in my database, is there a way I can easily import/update the data in the new table without creating a new one each month? The query would stay the same as I'm comparing the same two files, but the the data will be changing every month. I don't know much about access and would like to know if there is an easier way of doing this besides creating a new table and query each month? I&...

URLs dragged into tasks shows up as Icons, can I have links instead?
I often need to put webaddresses in the tekst in tasks. I would like to drag them from the addressbar in IE into the textwindow of a task like I do in other programs like Word (where I get the address as a clickable link) or FrontPage (where I get the Title as a clickable link). However, in Outlook I get just the IE-page icon and the first part of the URL. Mostly useless. Is there a way to change this to the Word or preferably the Forntpage way of showing the link? ...

Query Needed 01-04-10
A sample of my data table looks as so: Underlying ID StrikePrice AAPL APVA10C155.00 155 AAPL APVM10P155.00 155 AAPL APVA10C160.00 160 AAPL APVM10P160.00 160 AAPL APVA10C165.00 165 AAPL APVM10P165.00 165 AAPL APVD10C160.00 160 AAPL APVP10P160.00 160 AAPL APVD10C165.00 165 AAPL APVP10P165.00 165 AAPL APVD10C155.00 155 AAPL APVP10P155.00 155 AAPL APVB10C155.00 155 AAPL APVN10P155.00 155 AAPL APVB10C160.00 160 AAPL APVN10P160.00 160 AAPL APVB10C165.00 165 AAPL APVN10P165.00 165 GS GPYA10C155.00 155 GS GPYM10P155.00 155 GS GPYA10C160.00 160 GS GPYM10P160.00 160 ...

Linq Query and Lambda
Hello, I am getting a list of regions as follows: return _context.Regions.Select(r => new RegionModel { Id = r.Id, Name = r.Name }).OrderBy(r => r.Name).AsQueryable(); However I need to get only the Regions which are related with Centers. So I need to check _context.Centers and get all used Regions Ids from each Center.Region.Id and then get all the Regions with those Ids ... Is this possible to do with a lambda expression ... I think it is possible but I am a little bit confused on this. Thank You, Miguel shapper wrote: > Hello...

Changing a Parameter Of A Formula
Hi, I would be grateful if someone could help me with the problem have got. I have written a macro, with my user defined functions. One of my user defined functions is called GetData and it has two parameters Reference and Last_Value, eg GetData(Reference, Last_Value). I call GetData by assigning this to a cell like so (which works fine): Cell.Formula = GetData(Reference, Last_Value) Now within the GetData function I use the Reference Parameter to get a New Value, which will be returned to the cell (which works fine too). But what I wanted to know is how can I change the Last_Value ...

Query in Excell
I would like to create bolean statements in one or more of the columns that result from a query. Basically, I want to test a column for a factor and return a simple 'true' or 'false'. Using this I, hopefully, will eliminate the need to pass the data to Excel and perform the function there. ...

3 queries into 1
Hello, I am going to try this again starting fresh from my other posts. I am trying to develop an all inclusive query on our inventory. Each fical term we start with new tables. I would like to take our Ending Inventory from our prior fiscal term and combine it with our current inventory balances. In years past I always took our ending inventory and posted them in our purchase order table to have our beginning balances. I thought it would be less time consuming to have a query to combine the 2. Below is a list of data and the query designs. PART # PRODUCT DESCRIPTION END B...

Lookup query value from Form
Hello. I have a form that I would like to lookup values in several taxt boxes. The values I want displayed are from several different Sum Queries. Example: I want to pull Total Working Blance from a query and monthly rent revenue from another query. The values all come from different tables. Is this possible? Thanks for the help. you can use a DLookup() function to retrieve the queries' values. read up on the function in Access Help, so you'll understand how it works. then add an expression to each textbox control's ControlSource property, as =DLookup("MyField", ...

querying similar databases plan
I'm working with hideously unnormalized databases, most of which have similar structures. (Of course, if they had the same structures, it would be too easy.) I work at a company that does cancer research, so they collect information about their patients over a series of visits. The questions they ask (queries) for parts of the final report are standard across all databases, and then some are specific to a the type of study they're doing. What is the best way to approach this, given that I have to summarize like 20 databases in maybe two weeks, and the column names are not necessari...

Double Results in Query
New to Access I am trying to create a query that returns data from 2 tables. one table can have multiple entries on one day per person and the other table will only have one entry per person. 2 tables are DataEntry - will have multiple entries per day per person CallLog - one entry per person per day SELECT DataEntry.OrderTakenBy, DataEntry.Company, DataEntry.Date, DataEntry. Category, DataEntry.ShortCode, DataEntry.ContactName, DataEntry.PositionTitle, DataEntry.PostDateExt, DataEntry.FirmPreview, DataEntry.AllorProgramCodes, DataEntry.Units, DataEntry.value, DataEntry.Mark...

View URL in E-mail
I have lost the ability to see my e-mail in full html format. My e-mail shows the text and hyper links but not the actual page. Does anyone know what has happened. This is only on one computer, I transfer the file to another computer and it works fine. ...

URL/Hyperlink not working for recipients
I am using Outlook 2003 running on Windows XP in a Windows 2003 Server environment. I administer an application that requires the user to install the program from a .bat file. I send our users an e-mail with a URL to the bat file (e.g. \\server123 \Application\install.bat). The URL cannot launch the bat file and search Locate Link Browser dialog opens instead. The work around is to cut and paste the URL into the Start\Run dialog where it works fine. (I think this implies that the UNC is defined properly.) Also, the hand icon displays properly when the user rolls the mouse over t...

Querying results for two recent dates
I have a table "DETAILS" in which fields are Name Id TestDate Grade (all fields can be duplicated) Now I want a query which should return me 'Name' 'Id' ' TestDate' 'Grade in 2nd Last Test' 'Grade in Latest Test' It should be noted that every person appears the test many times and i just want the recent two results. The query should return names of only those people who have appeared in either or both of the last two tests I was trying to do this by running a query on a query but the results were ...

SQL query for "capping threshold"
Suppose I want to add all the numbers in one column, with thefollowing caveat:All values should be capped at some high threshold level.As an example, suppose the threshold is 10000 and the numbers in thecolumn are 7500, 8500, 9500, 10500, 11500 and 12500. The query shouldreturn 555000 (which is 7500 + 8500 + 9500 + 10000 + 10000 + 10000).Any help will be appreciated.Thanks,Bhat SELECT Sum(IIf([YourField]>10000,10000,[YourField])) AS TheValueFROM tblCapped;Insert the right field and table names. Also I think that your calculation below has one too many zeros in it.-- Jerry Whittle, Microsof...

Function to find hyperlink URL
Hi, Is there function to return URL of hyperlink? I don't want to use macros. I'm using Excel 2000 Thanks in advance Nikola Milic >>Is there function to return URL of hyperlink? A worksheet function? Afraid not. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP But you could write your own (a userdefined function). I used ctrl-K (insert|Hyperlink) to create the link: Option Explicit Function GetURL(Rng As Range) As String Application.Volatile Set Rng = Rng(1) If Rng.Hyperlinks.Count = 0 Then GetURL = "" Else GetURL = Rng.Hyperlinks(1).Address ...