passing non-field value into vba

I need to pass the line item sequence number (lnitmseq) from the sales
item detail entry window into vba. This isnt a visible field in the
window, so i cannot "add field to vba" using the TOOLS --> customize
toolbar window. Anyone have any idea how this can be done?

0
johnnybu (5)

Using the Modifier you can make the field visible, add it to VBA and then
remove the modified window or make the field invisible again.

While in the Window Layout mode, make sure that the Invisible fields are
shown (Layout >> Show Invisible Fields) and then change the Visual Property,
Visible = true and move the field into the window.

To make it invisible just move it back and change the property back to false.

Good Luck.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
MBS Services - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com

and confers no rights.

"johnnybu @ gmail dot com" wrote:

> I need to pass the line item sequence number (lnitmseq) from the sales
> item detail entry window into vba. This isnt a visible field in the
> window, so i cannot "add field to vba" using the TOOLS --> customize
> toolbar window. Anyone have any idea how this can be done?

0
dmusgrav1 (1325)
2/24/2005 1:53:04 AM
David,

Thank you for your suggestion. It did the trick. I also need to pass
the value for the document master number, but I dont see that field as
a visible or invisible field anywhere in the window within modifier.

0
johnnybu (5)
2/24/2005 5:42:00 PM
The 'Master Number' field is not stored in a window field (hidden or
visible), it is stored in the Dexterity table buffer for the SOP_HDR_WORK
table.

This means that you cannot get to it via VBA, all I can think of is whether
you can open a window which does have it displayed and grab it from there.

You can open windows with VBA and request that they are not displayed so
that it does not show what you are doing.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
MBS Services - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com

and confers no rights.

"johnnybu @ gmail dot com" wrote:

> David,
>
> Thank you for your suggestion. It did the trick. I also need to pass
> the value for the document master number, but I dont see that field as
> a visible or invisible field anywhere in the window within modifier.

0
dmusgrav1 (1325)

Deleting Non-Duplicate Rows
Have done tihs is the past, but can't remember how: Have a sheet with 9500+ rows. Column C contains a storage bin number. Want to delete all rows that DO NOT have a duplicate (trying to resolve items that have a duplicate bin number.) Have sorted the sheet on Column C. THX. . . -- BillW ------------------------------------------------------------------------ BillW's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27516 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=470299 You could use a helper column of formulas: =countif(c:c,c1)...

format colors on bar charts by value
I'm working on a Bar chart with 5 bars. What I would like to do is change the color of each bar depending on the number it is graphing. My table is very simple, column A is the data names, column B are the values from 0 to 3. If the value is 1 I would like it to change the color of the bar to red, if it is 2 I'd like it to change to yellow, if it is 3 I'd like it to change to green. Can this be done? Thanks Bill See http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "BillC...

Build value from cell content & sheet name !
Hi All, Interesting query (I hope).... I'd like to create a value in a cell that represents a concatenation of a value in another cell and the sheet name (tab name). Example, sheet name is 'A' and value in cell 'M15' is '1162'. I'd like cell 'M18' to indicate a value of '1162A'. Any ideas ?? Thanks, Neil =M15&sheet_name to get sheet_name see http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0002.html -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Neil" <me@home.com> wrote in message news:dekai3$1p...

Access 2000
Hello all, I have a field named Field213 that holds (CASETYPE) from the database. When I open the form, I want it to look at that field and make field163 visible depending on what it stored in Field213. Right now it only becomes visible if I manually change what is in field213, then field163 becomes visible. I should mention that I have field163 as visible no and display always, the same as field PBISUB, Field382 and Field163. Probably something simple, but I can't seem to see it right now. I have the following: Private Sub Field213_BeforeUpdate(iC As Integer) If Me!CASETYPE = &qu...

Copying values/formulas from only visable lines when filters are o
I have huge spreadsheet with dozens of columns, and filters are on most columns. In my last column, I want to systematically post the results only of specific lines while specific (and sometimes multiple) filters are on. Also, the last column is filtered for "blanks" only, so if a line already has a value from copying a prior filter value that value does not get overwritten by a more recent filtered value. I have done this for years in excel 2003, but in 2007 the values from the non-visible lines copy over to my last column as well, which I don't want. How c...

Toggle switch between absolute and relative values creating a macr
Hello, Why is it that when creating a macro sometimes I see the toggle switch for absolute/relative values and sometimes I don't? Actually, I no longer see the toggle switch when recording a new macro. What do I have to do to make it reappear? Thank you. "Al" wrote: > Hello, > Why is it that when creating a macro sometimes I see the toggle switch for > absolute/relative values and sometimes I don't? Al Tools>Customize>Toolbars. Select "Stop Recording" toolbar>Close Stop Recording Toolbar should now be visible on sheet. Hit "X"...

Manager Assist ...... Field Service Module
Hi to all, I wnat to ask about Manager Assist, that is used to manage the calls on the service call module...... is it a GP module or it is a separate software thank you in advance, ManageAssist is a seperate VB application that connects to the GP Field Service tables. It allows for both viewing of schedule calls as well as updating of certain records (i.e. Unavailable time, sick time, etc.) -- Gary Neumann Field Service Series Designer/Architect "Eng. Tareq Sabri" wrote: > Hi to all, > > I wnat to ask about Manager Assist, that is used to manage the calls on th...

Multi-field search form
Hi there, I am rather new to this place, so I would like to thank you all up front for any and all assistance you may provide. :) It has been a while since I worked with MS Access last. What I am trying to do is create a multi-field search form, where any of the fields can be filled which will display a result set. Preferably if no selection in the fields is made, the entire resultset should be shown - this is not a requirement, though. I seem to be a bit at a loss on how to procede with this task or to find any resources to help me get along. Again, thanks for any and ...

Edit the Auto Fill in the To: field
On the Send new message window, is there a way to edit the auto fill list for the To: Field. when i start to type in a name in the To Field the auto fill will provide a list of names to choose from. the one i most use is on the bottom of the list. How do i edit the list to get the one i use most to the top? Do you use the others as well? Editing the list will remove them from the list. If you again use the names, they will be added back to the same position. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-...

display the value of an unbound textbox in a field within a table
I created 3 textboxs to calculate the number of business days between 2 dates. The 3rd textbox contains the value. I now want to have this value displayed in a table field. I'm sure this is easy but I'm a complete novice and have spent far too much time on this already. Can anyone help! Fibi, The general concept of tables is that they are for storage of data in the background. They are not for display of data. That is what forms and reports are for. Therefore, the appearance of the data in the tables is not normally relevant, and the display of calculated values is im...

Use cell value as cell address
Hello everyone. I have a worksheet "Main" of 39,000 rows in which column B contains a number between 1 and 7,500. Column C is an empty column I have added. The second sheet, "Names" in the book contains a single column - A - of 7,500 names. I want to get the value from the second sheet that matches the number column of the first sheet. In other words, if "Main" cell B3 contains 3780, I want to put the value from "Names" cell A3780 into "Main" C3. How do I do this please? Richard --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi tr...

Windows Mail won't allow me to sign in with correct Usr/pass
I'm having a problem connecting to my windows mail. I have it set up throught my wow account but today i had to reset my password so that i could check my email. now it will now allow me to log in i keep getting this error message The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please c...

Add value when recording a macro
Hello, I recorded a macro to create a bar chart - I checked the checkbox to add the values. Stopped recording and showed me the chart with the values. If I run the macro again, it does not display the value. What is the code I need to always display the value? -- LizW After you create the chart, turn on the macro recorder again Select the chart, and choose Chart>Chart Options On the Data Labels tab, check Values Click OK Turn off the macro recorder In the recorded code, you'll see a line similar to this: ActiveChart.ApplyDataLabels AutoText:=True, LegendKey:=False, _ Ha...

Access 2007 SQL Pass Through Queries
I have an Access 2003 mdb that I use to connect to a SQL 2005 database. When I open the application in Access 2007 it errors on using SQL pass through queries. I see that pass through queries (amongst other options) have been disabled under Access 2007. However it seems that they are enabled under certain circumstances so I've been trying to get them working by changing the security settings. The queries are still failing after setting the following: - Sandbox Mode to 0 (turn off sandbox mode for all apps) - Applied a recognised Digital Signature - Trusted the Publisher - Trusted the loc...

Select null values in Crystal Report
I want to select those records in a Crystal Report where the country is not filled. I can select those where it is filled, however I get zero record back when I want to select where it is not filled. I use the following selection formula in the record selection part: Length ({account.address1_country}) < 1 Any idea is appreciated. Thanks, Miklos ...

how field name output same as input
Thanks for any help. I have a query from a couple tables, and one of the field names in the table is 'IGP' and I have a field in the query that was IGP and now I changed to IGP: iif(blah IGP blah) which gives me a circular error. The table is used by a bunch of other things, so I don't want to change the field name there, and the field name for the output is used by a bunch of things, so nor do I want to change the name there. I am using Access 2007. I thought about changing the output field to IGP_, and I could change the embedded queries in Excel that use it, but...

passing non-field value into vba
I need to pass the line item sequence number (lnitmseq) from the sales item detail entry window into vba. This isnt a visible field in the window, so i cannot "add field to vba" using the TOOLS --> customize toolbar window. Anyone have any idea how this can be done? Using the Modifier you can make the field visible, add it to VBA and then remove the modified window or make the field invisible again. While in the Window Layout mode, make sure that the Invisible fields are shown (Layout >> Show Invisible Fields) and then change the Visual Property, Visible = true and mov...

how to program recurring value
I wish every entry of a colums to be a the same function of the entry above. How do I do that? Leo Hi Leo! Assuming that you have your first formula entered Select the range covered by the common entry formula F2 Ctrl + Enter -- -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "Leo Kerner" <l.kerner@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:404294EF....

Derived Field
I'd like to add a derived field to this situation: Parent Table : Shipments (pk)Shipment_No Shipment_Date Shipment_Size ....other fields... Child Table : Shipment_Inspection Shipment_No (connected field) Number_Out_Tolerance (bad ones in the shipment) ....other fields... I'd like to make a derived field "der_percent_good" that takes the shipment size that the inspection belongs to and does (1 - Number_Out_Tolerance/Shipment_Size)*100 to find the percent of the shipment that is Good. Thanks! ...

Date/Time field calculation
Hello, i am trying to make a sum calculation on a field that keeps duration of time. How can i do this? I get errors or zero as result. Thanks On Jun 21, 10:02 am, Stathis <s_paraske...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > i am trying to make a sum calculation on a field that keeps duration of > time. How can i do this? I get errors or zero as result. > Thanks You need to do the calculation at a level at least 1 level below what you want the answer to be in. Example msgbox DateDiff("h", #6/20/2007 1:00:00 AM#, #6/20/2007 1:30:00 PM#) will give an ans...

Rule not matching "from" field
I want to set up a rule that will match words in the "From" field. Sometimes I get mail like this: From: bill@somedomain.com [mailer@someotherdomain.com] I want to match "bill@somedomain.com". I can't figure out how to match it. I can't pick "from people or distribution list" because it won't let me match arbitrary email addresses. I can't pick "with specific words in the sender's address" it just doesn't work. So far as I can tell, it will only match the part in the brackets. Anon E. Mouse <fake@fake.com> wrote: &...

Counting Null Values in a Report
I have a report that is grouped by people, then by Reason Closed. I want to count how many entries do not have a closed date. I tried the previous posts but could not get it to work. I have a group header for each person to group their categories together. Thanks. Hi Dea, Try: =Sum(-IsNull([ClosedDateFieldName])) Note the minus sign just after the first paranthesis. IsNull() returns a -1 when the item is null, otherwise 0. So by summing up the negative of each (-1)s you are in essence counting 1 for each null item. Alternatively you could move the minus...

Can get UserProperty Names but not Values?
>From C++ using UserProp->Name I can get the name of a UserProperty, but UserProp->Value.bstrVal always returns nothing, anyone have any ideas what I could be doing wrong and has anyone ever accessed UserProperties from C++? UserPropertiesPtr UserProps = Con->UserProperties; if (UserProps->Count > 0) { tot = UserProps->Count; UserPropertyPtr UserProp; for (i=1;i < tot + 1;i++) { UserProp = UserProps->Item(i); MessageBox(NULL,UserProp->Name,"Test - Name",MB_OK); char* sText; sText = (char*)UserProp->Val...

Hide Picklist based on value of other picklist.
On the accounts form i have made a new picklist named Partner. In the picklist Customertype i have made a new entry called partner. When someone opens the form i want the picklist named partner to be hidden. When someone selects Partner in the Customertype picklist i want the picklist partner to be visible. If an other value is selected the fields needs to stay hidden. I know i have to make some code on the onchange of the field customertype and i need to make code on the onload of the page. I have tried multiple codes but i cant get it to work. Can someone please help me out please. Hi,...

How to compare "varchar" values?
I need to compare a student's score (that s/he got it after a test) with the score requirement. The problem is the scores are either a "character" only, i.e., "2" OR combined a "character" AND the '+'/ '-' character, i.e., 2+. For example, if the require score is 2+ and the student's score is 2 then that student is not qualified. The datatype of scores is varchar. Can you please help in programming how to compare these values? Thanks a lot in advance. I appreciate it. I see two approaches. The first one is a trick, ...