Partial quantity cancel in Contract Administration

We're looking for a way to cancel only some of the quantity of a line item in
the Field Service Contract Administration module.

For example:
Item A   Qty 10
Was invoiced as qty 10
Customer calls and says I only have 8 please cancel 2.

Right now we have to cancel all 10 and then rebill them on a separate
contract for 8.  It's VERY time consuming.

Is there a way to do this through the normal cancel process of a contract?

I guess NOT.

The standard Cancellation Procedure is designed in such a way. And even the
standard process will cancel the remaining "Amount to be Invoiced" and
nothing to do with Line Quantity.

So this is not possible without a Customization.

--
Regards,
Vaidy

"Laura Voorheis" wrote:

> We're looking for a way to cancel only some of the quantity of a line item in
> the Field Service Contract Administration module.
>
> For example:
> Item A   Qty 10
> Was invoiced as qty 10
> Customer calls and says I only have 8 please cancel 2.
>
> Right now we have to cancel all 10 and then rebill them on a separate
> contract for 8.  It's VERY time consuming.
>
> Is there a way to do this through the normal cancel process of a contract?
0
Vaidy (155)

deployment administrator
Hi all To add a Plugin to the crm Database the user has to be a member of the deployment administrators group. My problem is to figure out if a user is in this group. It seems that the deployment administrators group is eigther a crm security rol nor an active directory grout. How can I check in code if an user is member? Just to check the privileges for sdk messages and plugins seems not to work since the system adm inistrator role has all this privileges. Thanks for your hints Thomas Hi Thomas, The Deployment Administor is a role to access the Deployement Manager, in the deployment m...

Administrator Access
I need a way in exchange for an administrator to be able to easily gain access to a user's account... without changing their password. I read that adding users to the "Send on Behalf" list in the active directory account does this, but this is not the case. We need to be able to see a user's account in the exact same way as a user sees it either via outlook or web mail without having to go in and change their password. Additionally I need an easy way to dump email into a user's account. The migration wizard IS NOT the solution. All I want to do is take RFC822 ...

Dispalying address on the contract form (CRM 3.0)
Is there any way to include the actual contract address (vs. lookup to it) in the contract form or any other view/advance find? I need it to generate an excel file for all contracts that meet certain criteria. Thanks for any advice! ...

Partially protected sheet in Excel 2007 (Win) turns into fully protected sheet
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi! <br><br>I have to modify an Excel spreadsheet which is provided to me. On Windows, part of the sheet is password prrotected so it never is modified. If I change it under Windows, I can change the cells I am entitled to. Works fine. On Mac Excel 2004, when I open the same spereadsheet, the whole sheet is protected and Excel asks that I remove the password before I can modify the sheet. This is not very good as you can imagine. <br><br>Is there a way to fix this? Is this a bug or the e...

Changing Server Administrator Password Prevents Exchange 5.5 startup
Have what is perceived as a problem with a simple solution. Routine change of password on Windows NT 4 server with Exchange Server 5.5 SP4 installed, prevents start up of Exchange server on reboot (related service had not started message). Any clues ? Is it safe to assume that you reviewed this link or the ones off from it? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;274814 -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "rsx" <rsx@rsx.com.au> wrote in message news:81RAb.43822$aT.19967@news-serv...

Exange 2003 Server Administration
I am finding it difficult to delete a previous exchange server from the servers Folder under the First Administrative group. The Mail and Public Folder stores are both disabled and I want to delete it. ...

STREAM SOCKET buffer partially fills with no warnings or errors
Problem: While trying to transmit binary data from a client program to a server program using SOCKET_DSTREAM type sockets with AF_INET, the server side receives a buffer padded with zeros. It is as if the transmitting side fails to keep up with the receiving side, and eventually there is not enough data in the queue to fill the next recv() buffer. But instead of blocking until the buffer fills, the next recv() call returns with a partially filled buffer padded at the end with zeros. No warning or error occurs-- and to make matters worse-- the returned message length is the length reque...

CRM 3.0 BUG! When CRM cancel an appointment, outlook still show it
On CRM website, if you cancel an appointment, it doesn't make any change in Outlook appointment!!! Is it a bug? Any ideas? "CEO" wrote: > On CRM website, if you cancel an appointment, it doesn't make any change in > Outlook appointment!!! > > Is it a bug? If you delete the appointment in the CRM web application, then the next time CRM syncs with Outlook it will be removed from your Outlook calendar. If you close the appointment in the CRM web application, then the next time CRM syncs with Outlook it will change the appointment's show time as value ...

Cancel button and input mask input
I have a form with bound controls, some of which are phone nos with input mask (000) 000-0000. The form has a CANCEL button. How can I code the Cancel button to get past the situation where I have entered invalid data for the mask. For instance, if the user enters just the area code and then hits Cancel, I still get the Access message 'the data you entered is invalid for the input mask'. I cannot exit from the screen until I have erased this data. ,Hi, I am sure there are other ways around it but, if all the information is not inputted then you would either need to fill in the ...

Unable to logon to mailbox as administrator even after granting service account access
The reason I'm trying to do this is because I want to use EXMERGE to extract some mail. After reviewing the EXMERGE.LOG file, I notice that it must be permissions related so I went through the process of granting the Administrator account service access at the organizational level as well as removing explicit deny to Send As and Receive As to other groups this account is part of. I've even set explicit permissions on the Mailbox store. If I try to access the mailboxes via OWA I gut the logon prompt and after 3 attempts get an "Unauthorized" message; consistent with the EXM...

Posting Canceled Transactions?
Is it possible to not post canceled transactions? Can you explain what you mean by 'post' in this case? If you just want to prevent a receipt from printing for Cancelled Transactions, you can go to the receipt format and clear the template selection for Cancelled Transactioons. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information <miranda@lakesidefibers.com> wrote in messag...

This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect . .
When I try to use a hyperlink (thru ctrl-click) in Word 2007 (Enterprise) (OS: Vista Ultimate), I get the following error message: This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator. What can I do to fix this problem please? Thanks -- Paul Gauci Ater going through a number of Forums, I found a reference in a Disucssion Group to: http://www.local-it-guy.com/tips/restrictions.html I followed the instructions in this site and also uninstalled Chrome through the uninstall feature in the Chrome program ...

how do you cancel a sending email?
I accidentally placed a large file as an attachment on an email and it is unable to send. It does not give me an error message it just continues to send and I can't seem to find a way to cancel the job. I check the 'sent' folder and it is not there. I know outlook is attempting to send it but it will not allow me to access it. Anyone have any ideas? thanks With Folder List view displayed, try and drag the file in your Outbox to the Drafts folder and then delete it. Barry "joojoobeware" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0b2001c3db...

Quantity Remaining
Hello: I understand that Quantity Remaining is the quantity in SOP that has not shipped, yet. But, where is this field in the Sales Transaction Entry window? childofthe1980s If you are on a line item in the Sales Transaction Entry window and click on the Information button (the i in a circle) it will bring up the Sales Quantity Status window - the Remaining Quantity is 3rd from the bottom on the right side. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "childofthe1980s" <childofthe1980s@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75439F26-F641-42E...

Control the Quantity being Received
Customer suggested that there should be an option in Purchase Order Processing to stop receiving a quantity greater than the P.O. order quantity. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/e...

M2004
I have just noticed that the quantities and prices for all transactions in some of my investments have been changed, the total is still correct. All quantities are now fractions (always less than what they were) and prices are correspondingly higher and also the price ends with the letter s. What has caused this? How do I prevent it happening again? What is the meaning of the letter s? I now have to go back and edit all my investment entries because the total quantity is now less than it should be. In microsoft.public.money, GeorgeR wrote: >I have just noticed that the quantities a...

Can't add contract lines to a contract. Error.
When I try to add a new contract line to any contract I recieve the folloing message: Title: Microsoft CRM Error An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator. There is a message in the Application Log: Source: Microsoft CRM Type: Error EventID: 2 ..... MSCRM Platform Error Report: ---------------------------------- Error: Type mismatch. Error Message: Type mismatch. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Source File: Not available Line Number: Not available Stack Trace Info: at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError (Exc...

Purchase Order Quantity Issues
Is there a way in GP 10 Purchasing to not allow users to enter a quantity ordered of zero on the PO? We need everything ordered to be greater than zero. Also is there a way to turn off allowing quantity received greater than quantity ordered? I know these two options are available when using Project Accounting, but we are not using it. We are using Olympic Project Cost for this. Please help! Jocelyn: I don't think there is a way to force a user to enter a quantity greater than zero in a PO. It might require a customization. There is a tool you can purchase from MBS Pro...

operation cancelled due to restrictions on computer
I have outlook 2003. This just started happening. When ever i click on a web shortcut in an email, I get a message saying this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions on this computer. Please contact your system administrator. I do not have a system administrator. This is a home based pc and I do not have it networked. Any ideas on this I would appreciate. I have tried help on outlook but no luck so far. See the following KB article; http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310049 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips...

Reversing a cancelled contract in Field Service Contract Adminstra
I am a regular lurker on this board and really appreciate the information I have learned here so far. I have a specific question that I'm hoping someone can help me with. We are on GP 10.0 and use Field Service Contract Administration to manage customer contracts and billing. We processed a cancellation on a contract in Contract Administration (Field Service - Transactions - Contract Administration - Contract Entry/Update - Selected a contract - clicked Cancel button - completed info). This contract is now showing as "Cancelled" in the bottom right corner of that screen. ...

Partial Delivery in Kits
Hello, I wanted to know if there is any way to partially deliver kits, made up of atleast four items Has anyone ever implemented this scenario before, and how did they go about doing it. basically, what i would like is to fulfill lets say X items from the Kit, and the remaining Y items will go to a back order. BTW, i am using GP version 7, with pervasive, will it be helpful if I migrate to the latest version of GreatPlains in SQL, please advice Thanks in advance Sajid Saeed We ran into this, and there is, as far as I know, no way to do this in a standard Great Plains. Carol "Saj...

Contract
Hi I would really appreciate some help with what I am trying to achieve as below. We have SLA level contracts for different clients and based on the SLA type the client has a response time e.g 8-5 for Bronze, 7-7 for Gold and 24-7 for Platinum. I have configured contract templates for this and created contracts under each client with contract lines as well. However when i schedule a service activity, the contract response times do not take effect. Eg: If a customer is on Bronze support I can schedule a service activity for them at 6 pm where as in theory I should not be able to and CR...

Returned Mail from Systems Administrator
I sent perhaps 100 or so emails out using a blind copy and I received a reply from Systems Administrator with a very long list and each one stated " Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients" and "452.4.1.1. Too many recipients for message". I m guessing they are all on that list. Can someone advise approximately how many messages I can send at once with the same message? And, should I resend these but break them up into smaller groups? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have several thousand to send... This is controlled by your ...

How do I grant the Administrator full mailbox access in Exchange 2
Hello, We are integrating our product with Exchange 2003. The product logs into Exchange via MAPI. We are getting a NO_ACCESS message when we try to create an Appointment inside the Calendar folder in any of the mailboxes that reside on the Exchange server. How can I grant the Administrator account full mailbox access such that when I log in to Exchange via MAPI using the Administrator user it will allow me to create Appointments in the Calendars of any user? I read this article to solve this issue and followed the instructions under the "Granting right to a mailboxes located wit...

How to check process was invoked as administrator
In vista,( but XP also ) General processes are invoked as user mode. but if we run process with 'run as administrator' option, In this process codes, how to check it? ------------------------------------------- I'm sorry that i cannot give you a full detail of questions because of my poor english. I'm so appreciate your good answers in news group. >In vista,( but XP also ) >General processes are invoked as user mode. > >but if we run process with 'run as administrator' option, >In this process codes, how to check it? Do you really want to know if the ...