Part Revisions A, B, C

Hello,

I was hoping to find out how everyone out there keeps track of Manufacture
parts with different revisions ??

When a part gets a design change to you give is a completly new number in GP
and track this invenotry, or do you use the ECN function to track this ?

Regards,
Scott
0
Vern1 (13)

Scott,

The guideline for whether a design change warrants a new item number
is this -

Fit, Form, Function

If the Fit, Form, and Function of the item stays the same, then the
item number stays the same and the design change is tracked via
revision number (i.e. ECN).

If any one of those three characteristics changes, then the item gets
a new item number.

Hope this helps,

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com
blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
fhamelly1 (1404)
9/14/2009 4:44:49 PM
Thanks Frank,

Thats correct, if we have a individual part in GP, how would we track what
revision of a part is sold to a customer.  This can be done with BOM
tracking, but I can see no way of doing this for individual parts ??

Drawing revision can be entered in the Item Engineering Data, but this does
not seem to be tracked ??  Or is this tracked via the ECN function in GP ?

Regards,
Scott

"Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP" wrote:

> Scott,
>
> The guideline for whether a design change warrants a new item number
> is this -
>
> Fit, Form, Function
>
> If the Fit, Form, and Function of the item stays the same, then the
> item number stays the same and the design change is tracked via
> revision number (i.e. ECN).
>
> If any one of those three characteristics changes, then the item gets
> a new item number.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Frank Hamelly
> MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
> East Coast Dynamics
> www.eastcoast-dynamics.com
> blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
Vern1 (13)
9/14/2009 5:45:01 PM
Sorry Scott, I didn't quite understand your original question.  BOM
revisions are tracked in the BOM Revision History window.  However,
I'm not sure if or how this data is integrated with the ECN module.  I
don't have any experience with that module.

Hope this helps,

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com
blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
fhamelly1 (1404)
9/14/2009 7:06:51 PM
Thanks Frank, No Problemo,

Guess my question now elaborates to can GP use the ECN functionality at the
ITEM Level ??

Scott

"Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP" wrote:

> Sorry Scott, I didn't quite understand your original question.  BOM
> revisions are tracked in the BOM Revision History window.  However,
> I'm not sure if or how this data is integrated with the ECN module.  I
> don't have any experience with that module.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Frank Hamelly
> MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
> East Coast Dynamics
> www.eastcoast-dynamics.com
> blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
Vern1 (13)

display part of a text string
I have a field called CONTACT that has both a name and phone number as text. I need to separate this into two fields, NAME and PHONE. How do I display just the name? Since the string is of variable length, how do I define the length as a variable. I can pull the phone number out with Right(contact,12) since it is always ten characters long. But how do I treat the name since I never know how long the name will be or how it will be formatted. Examples: Steve Jones 908-555-1211 Brenda A Smith 704-222-8899 Toni Frankin-Jackson 212-101-6630 On Thu, 03 May 2007 22:50:20 -0400, Mark McCoy w...

Visual C++ wont autcomplete?
Hello, I have built a C++ DLL not in manged code but using visual studio .Net. In the DLL i have a structure like this: CARD_API typedef struct { wchar_t* test1; wchar_t* test2; COLORREF rgbBackground; COLORREF rgbA; COLORREF rgbB; COLORREF rgbC; } CARDHOLDER; when i reference this DLL in my visual C++ 6.0 IDE the autocomplete works for all the members of the structure except for the 3 new COLOURREF members rgbA, rgbB, and rgbC. I have recompiled the DLL and i can actually use these members but they do not autocomplete. so this will work C...

0xE06D7363: Microsoft C++ Exception
Hello, Other that catch ( ... ), how can I catch '0xE06D7363: Microsoft C++ Exception'? The original exception was thrown by trying to call methods of a smart pointer that was NULL. So I know the source of the problem this time. But for future reference, What will catch this exception? -- Bill Swartz, PhD Voss Scientific Bill Swartz wrote: >Hello, >Other that catch ( ... ), how can I catch '0xE06D7363: Microsoft C++ >Exception'? The original exception was thrown by trying to call methods of a >smart pointer that was NULL. So I know the source of the problem thi...

exam 70-536, is it about vb.net or c# or both?
hi My boss wants me to take the 70-536 certification exam. I see on the web that there are 2 versions of it. One with vb.net and another with c#. Thinks that is a bit strange. He assigned about 10 exams he wants me to complete, I see now that about 95% of the exams involve vb.net but it's C# we are using.... any suggestions? Jeff wrote: > hi > > My boss wants me to take the 70-536 certification exam. I see on the web > that there are 2 versions of it. One with vb.net and another with c#. Thinks > that is a bit strange. He assigned about 10 exams ...

MS Visual C++Runtime Error
I am getting an error message MS Visual C++Runtime Error in Outlook XP which doesn't allow me to open the program. I reloaded Windows XP due to another issue and this problem has just started. I also have Norton AntiVirus and Norton AntiSpam installed. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as this is most frustrating. Thank You. AnnH. I had the same problem and this is what I found and the solution. 1. I had the preview pane on. 2. I got a email from Yahoo that someone sent me an article. 3. When the preview tried to show the email from Yahoo it would crash. 4. Any other ema...

Automatically save a copy of worksheet from C: to Network Drive
I have a spreadsheet that I work on my C: drive that I need to have a copy automatically saved (undated everytime I make changes) on a network drive so my boss can access it when she needs to review it. Can I do this? doos VBA macro run from a button or shortcut key combo... Sub BUandSave2() 'Saves the current file to a backup folder and the default folder 'Note that any backup is overwritten Application.DisplayAlerts = False ActiveWorkbook.SaveCopyAs FileName:="E:\GordStuff\Backup\" & _ ActiveWorkbook.Name ActiveWorkbook.Save Application...

RS232 Interface - Serial Port
Hello, I'm looking for a easy and good class for serial port. a) synchron b) asynchron Where can I find it? Example for synchron Send char's' + char(13) to trigger a scanner (DM code) The scanner send the feedback as char(2), Content, char(3) Example for asynchron The scanner send the the result as char(2), Content, char(3) How is the best way to do that? Thanks. Greeting Michaela On Jun 6, 9:48=A0pm, Michaela Brauner <m...@MNEWS.de> wrote: > Hello, > > I'm looking for a easy and good class for serial p...

setup was unable to find an instance of the microsoft CRM server c
please help 1 domain controller with Exchange, IIS, CRM, and SQL. 1 workstation with winxp sp2. I CAN NOT install CRM Sales for outlook on client. I am administrator of the local box and domain. Both computers are in same domain. NIC NOT firewalled. Everything worked fine in the test environment but not in live network. just like everyone else. i do have SSL on server as well.. i think this may be the problem... First, is the CRM server functional? Be sure to check that the SQL/CRM services are running on the server. Second, are you able to access it via the web interface? If so, w...

Missing Events in Properties Window C++ MFC
I'm trying to create a win app using Visual Studio 2005 but when I set up an MFC project and drop objects on a form, I cannot see any events in the property window. Any ideas why? Am I expecting too much? ...

Handle under Visual C++.NET
Hi, I have some problem to retrieve handle of window under VC++.NET. Under VC++ 6, i could use hWnd which was corresponding to my Application... however under .NET i didn't find a such thing... could you help me please ? thanks, Maileen As far as I know, there is no difference. There are some issues of managed code, but even C# has a way to retrieve a raw handle. Your description is a bit vague, because window handles are not applications; did you mean that you want the handle for the mainframe of your application? joe On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 18:36:30 +0100, Maileen <nospam@nospam....

Move Transactions from customer A to B
One of the cashier - entered the wrong customer ID for a transaction (#244) - can I run a sql script to move the purchase to the proper customer and will all the account history, number of visits be adjusted properly. Dan Yes you can do so, but remember it is not easy. is the tender to customer was cash or on account if it is cash then you need to update the following tables: 1) Update [Transaction] set CustomerID=CorrectID where TransactionNumber=XXTransactionNo 2) Update Customer set LastVisit=(Select LastVisit from Customer where ID=WrongID), TotalVisits=Total...

How do I get it to sort Criteria in A1:A6 and B1:B6 if both are c.
It's me again! Spread Sheet Column A = New or Repeat Column B = date Column C = Number of guests What I need is: If A1:A6 = New AND B1:B6 >= 10/01/2004 THEN Sum C1:C6 Hi use SUMPRODUCT: =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A6 = "New"),--(B1:B6>=DATE(2004,10,1)),C1:C6) Also see: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.SUMPRODUCT.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany C Cooper Midland wrote: > It's me again! > Spread Sheet Column A = New or Repeat > Column B = date > Column C = Number...

C++ Interfaces (was "Re: Get Allocated Block Size") [0]
"Chris Cranford" <chris.cranford@tkdsoftware.com> wrote in message news:wcNNTP.01c34336.24d80e20.1000.1057436717@tkdsoftware.com... > Well, I opted to use a different approach by having two variables in the > dialog: > > DWORD m_dwObjectType; > LPVOID m_lpObjectData; > > This way the data is set the LPVOID and the object type is set using a set > of constant variables that identify object types. Then, the dialog can > recast the LPVOID data to the approach object type structure based on the > object type DWORD. Proved to make more sense.......

include dll in c++
Hi All, i create a GenDll.dll with mfc wizard. with the following export attributes: 1) i declared a class with the (at dll project) "class DllExport CTestedClas { CTestedClas(); } " thats i done on my dll file. in order to use this dll . i keept the following steps: 1) on my project (that using dll functions) i entred the GenDll.lib file in project -->setings-->link-->object library module. 3) and declare "class DllImport CTestedClas* tt" ; 4) when im done : tt= new CTestedClas(); i've got the error "no appropri...

=?Utf-8?B?5Y+v5Lul5bCH5YW25a6D6YO1566x6Ieq5YuV6L2JT3V0bG9vaz8=?=
Outlook 有沒有自動將其它郵箱的mail(如gmail) 轉到Outlook 的功能? ...

Processing "Control + C" keys in RichTextBox.KeyDown()
Hi there, I'm using a RichTextBox to create a custom editor, my class inherits from it. I've set to false the property ShortcutsEnabled and I need to handle the combination of keys Control + C. I've tried it in many ways using the modifiers of the KeyEventArgs, using GetKeyboardState(), using GetKeyState() in the RichEdit KeyDown event but it doesn’t work. I think the problem is that when the user press both keys the event is not fired for some reason, because if I check for the control key only it works and the same for the C key but when both are pressed it does...

Thermal Printer. 3 Part Paper. DOH!!!
So I ordered the client a thermal printer not knowing that thermal meant no-luck with 3 part paper. So now I am in a bit of a boiling pot. What are the options? Is there some way a thermal printer can do 3 part paper? If not what is a Star Micronics Printer that does 3 part. The client went with a 613 which one do we get if replacing it is our only option? Rex, How about changing the Receipt Count to 3 in the Receipt properties. Problem is that your customer in going to tear the receipt into the three copies. Next time, sell a 643 that has a paper cutter. It will cut each for you. -- ...

Thoes alphnumeric folders in c:\
Cut to the chase....anyway to auto delete these update folders ? on some of my systems I see tons of these lying around thanks ...

"C:\WINDOWS\System32\PWEXCHEXT32.dll"
On start-up of Outlook I get a message saying: The add-in "C:\WINDOWS\System32\PWEXCHEXT32.dll" could not be installed or loaded. Any ideas? ...

Page Viewer Web Part, MOSS & BP
We are configuring & adding content to a new MOSS 2007 Portal. In one area we are trying to tie in some of the content from the existing Business Portal. Due to access concerns, the Great Plains 9 data will not be linked directly into the new MOSS site(and we're not ready to update to 10.0 yet). We are using a "Page Viewer" web part to make certain BP 3.0 site pages available, but keep them isolated. Now this works with some pages and not with others. I suspect it has something to do with the way the "Page Viewer" web part works. Anyone have an idea as t...

Can I erase part of a shape in Excel flowchart to make a "doorway.
i'm trying to update an evacuation plan. I need to create a "doorway" in an Excel flowchart shape - how can i erase part of the shape line? thanks Hi, Not sure why you want to use Excel for this kind of job, but you can place a shape over the line, make the right width, fill it in yr background colour (make sure it is opaque), and choose "no line". Your shape now appears to have a "hole" in one of the border lines. br, Henk "donnaatwork" wrote: > i'm trying to update an evacuation plan. I need to create a "doorway" in an &...

eConnect: SqlException: System error
Hi everyone, I'm really running out of patience on this one. I've been using eConnect with an ASP.NET Web Service running on Windows XP for a while now. I need to now get the same Web Services running on IIS 5.0 on a Windows 2000 Server machine. When I run a VERY SIMPLE eConnect inventory transaction from ASP.NET through a small application that accesses the Web Services I receive this error: System.Enterprises.ServicedComponentException: The ServicedComponent being invoked is not correctly configured (Use regsvcs to re-register) ...... as eConnect.TransactionEntryPoint ( b...

c# samples
Somewhere on the microsoft site(have to research where i found them- msdn?) i got the c# (and vb) samples When i try to run the create database sample i get the same error from both c# and vb projects A first chance exception of type 'System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException' occurred in System.Data.dll A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provid...

files in c:\windows\installer have invalid digital signature
This is the advanced question about files in c:\windows\installer:I&nbsp; have noticed that some of msi-files located there have invalid digital signatureand some have valid one. What is it caused by? If these files are created by WindowsInstaller why some have correct signature and some not? Is there a way to repairthe installer?The second question is about files in the same directory created by InstallShield installerlike ARPPRODUCTICON and shorcuts. If i look the properties of these files they show somethingodd: there is two line menu on the top of &#119;indow. Again is there a way ...

(KERNEL32.DLL): 0xE06D7363: Microsoft C++ Exception, close()
these are the members of my class: =============================== class X { ...... CResultSet m_Command[10][2]; ADODB::_ParameterPtr m_CP_ParentId[10][2]; .....}; ================================ than in constructor of this class I do the following: ============================ X::X{ ..... for (int i=0;i<10;i++) { m_Command[i][0].openCommand("select * from dynamic_data where parent_id = ?"); m_CP_ParentId[i][0] = m_Command[i][0].appendParameter("parent_id",ADODB::adInteger, ADODB::adParamInput,4,(long)0); m_Command[i][1].openCommand("select ...