page settings in Business Portal

We have a customer who wants to print the time sheet in landscape (page
orientation); currently there are two ways of achieving it:

1. Change the printer settings (Control Panel > Printers and Faxes > Select
printer; right click and choose properties > Printing preferences of General
Tab > Advance tab).  This would set the printer to the desired page
orientation size; however, all documents that will be printed on the said
printer will use the settings made.

2. On the Business Portal page go to File > Page Setup; choose the page
orientation and size desired.  The effect of this is all printouts using this
page will use the settings made.

The user wants to print the timesheet only in Landscape while the other
documents should still be printed in Portrait format.  The feature to change
the page settings of the Business Portal is not yet available.  It would be
better if there would be some settings within Business Portal that could do
the said customer requirement.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=45ad4334-5e80-4e2f-aada-6ef55e6e4ed3&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

Set FormName with variable in VBA
Hi there , Maybe the subject is not clear , but i'll try to explain here. I'd like to change the formname in the next code with a variable : ex : Forms!FrmOrders.Controls("CmdAdd").Caption = "Add" change it in : Forms!VARIABLENAME.Controls("CmdAdd").Caption = "Add" I get the formname from a table/query I tried to do this , but it always gives me an error. Can anyone help me with this. Thanks Mario Hello again , I've just read the HELP (F1) in Access , and found the solution there. Just use brackets around the variablename Forms(VARIABL...

Business Portal Statement of Earnings
The client has been running Business Portal 4.0 for almost a year now. Just recently in their last 2 payruns some of the employees statement of earnings within BP do not show the Direct Deposit information anymore. Has any one else experienced this. Thanks Joel ...

Visio 2007 Prints to bottom of page
When printing from Visio 2007 Professional the content always fills the bottom of the page instead of the top. Is there a way of correcting this? ...

Import pdf pages in publisher with better resolution?
I have a 120 page (220MB) publisher for our college catalog. about 70 pages of this is the 'Course Descriptions', which I receive as a pdf file generated from an access database. I have tried importing these pages into the publisher file a number of ways (as .tif, .jpg, and .pdf) and all ways cause the text to look fuzzy and the page background is more gray than the other pages. I have full version acrobat, CS3 etc. What can I do? I would be happy to send example files if anybody is interested enough to take the time. Thank you in advance for any and all assistance. Is w...

{Error} Cannot open folder set
hey Outlook 2007 An user here has 2 email accounts (I call them here for emailA and emailB). This user works on a terminal server. Now when she tryes to access emailB email folder she get an error message (the original message is in Norwegian, so here I display a translated version) : "Cannot expand folder, cannot open folder set" In Norwegian: "kan ikke utvide mappen, kan ikke �pne mappesettet" She get that error when working in Terminal Server, not on local machine Both emailA and emailB are in-house Exchange email addresses, on the local machine emailA usually ...

Using profiles to auto configure a users email settings
Hi All, Firstly appologies for this old question but I have been trying to get this working for a week now and just keep going around in circles. We have network of 2000 odd users sharing 400 pc's on the 2k boxes anyone can log in but if they have not signed in before they are required to configure their outlook profile. I have played with default.prf and the modprof.exe file usung the-S -Z. All appears to work it says the profile is created etc. when the user goes into outlook it does not grab their username from the default.prf file... Here is the top part of this file : [General] Cu...

Putting two sets of data in one Office account
Need a suggestion from you experts out there. I use two laptops, both with Office and I extensively use the mail and task functions on each. I had backed up my work computer, including my Outlook data into a pst file, before attempting the reformat the hard drive. There is a hardware problem with the computer that may take me a few days to a week to get fixed. Since I have a few days, I was wondering about loading the SECOND pst file on my working laptop, but was wondering if there was a way to do so where I could keep the data separate. I wasn't sure if there was a way to do so ...

Worksheet has large page numbers in middle of sheet
how do you get to put these page numbers on worksheet that don't print What you're seeing is the User Interface for the Page Break Preview view. In article <FED72CA1-77DD-47AA-A904-6F4284491BE8@microsoft.com>, knifty <knifty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how do you get to put these page numbers on worksheet that don't print View>Normal or View>Pagebreak view will switch you forth and back. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 13:30:08 -0800, knifty <knifty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >how do you get to put these page numb...

Setting up meeting rooms
Hi, Please let me know the best way in Exchange 2003 of setting up a meeting room mailbox that can be used to allow users to view and book meeting rooms. I couldn't find any guidance on doing this on Microsoft's web site so would appreciate any advice on this. Many thanks, Warren. This is a good tutorial. http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF019.html "Warren Calvert" <anonymous@mail.com> wrote in message news:#a93CEbZEHA.2408@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Please let me know the best way in Exchange 2003 of setting up a meeting > room mailbox th...

printing to top of page
I am trying to print an invitation to the top of the page, but we are having approx. 1/16" that is not printing at the top of the page. Any suggestions? See the question Subject: How do I print without borders when creating a brochure below, with several suggestions. Bruce "Dale" wrote: > I am trying to print an invitation to the top of the page, but we are having > approx. 1/16" that is not printing at the top of the page. > > Any suggestions? > If you have a borderless Printer, select all on your invitation, group, right-click, save as picture...

how do I change default chart settings in excel?
how do I change default chart settings in excel? i e I want the default gridline colour to be grey, x gridlines default, white background default, etc You can create a custom chart type, and set it as the default. Jon Peltier has instructions on his web site: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CreateCustomTypes.html S Massara wrote: > how do I change default chart settings in excel? i e I want the default > gridline colour to be grey, x gridlines default, white background default, etc -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tipt...

No Settings will save......
Hello- I have searched in vain, but I can't find an answer... I have a new laptop (2 weeks old), with Vista and Office 2007 including Outlook. I manually created all of the Outlook settings I had on my old machine (XP/Office 2007). This includes a search folder with customised fields and groupings etc...reading pane on....and a customised navigation pane. None of it is too radical and worked fine on the other laptop. Now everytime I go to a different folder and return to my search folder (which is the one I use the most often), not only has the reading pane switched off, but additional ...

How do I set up a sub account
I have a BT Dial Up Connection and use Windows XP Pro; my computer has 2 users and I want to set up the e-mail accounts for each user. Both users are registered as administrators but user1 is classified as 'primary account' by BT and this e-mail sends and receives. User 2, classified as 'sub account' by BT is set up with all the same settings/server details but the following messages are occurring: 1) Cannot find POP3 server, error code Ox80042108 2) Cannot find STMP server, error code Ox80042109 Any ideas? Thanks Alan "Arta" <Arta@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

How do I go to a second page while creating a document of labels
I trying to create a mailing list of various people in Word labels. Once I complete page one how do I get the program to give me a page 2 with the same format? Labels are just tables, so you can add table rows by pressing Tab at the end of the last label. You can continue to do this until you fill a new page. This will work provided the labels are set up as a single row. Some label setups, however, include a narrow separator row between rows of labels. For that type of setup, you will need to copy the entire page and paste it onto a new one. To make it easier to see what you...

Continous page numbering across numerous section breaks
I'm using MS Office 2007 Professional on a Vista Home system. When in Word, how can I insert continous pages numbers throughout the document which has several section breaks within the document. The first section is just fine, however the page numbering starts all over at the next section break. I've tried numerous ways and still cannot overcome this problem. -- Regards, Colormegone In the affected sections, go to Insert | Page Numbers | Format Page Number and change from Start at 1 to "Continue from previous section." -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microso...

Print 2 columns per page
I have a spreadsheet that is just one long column, like below: Text Text Text Text Text Text I would like to print two columns per page, as shown. Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text How can this be done? (I cannot copy and paste, it needs to be in the print layout or something similar.) Matthew Matthew, My Excel add-in "Side by Side" should do what you want. Its very easy to use and fast. It is available for free upon direct request (comes with simple install instructions). Regards, Jim Cone San Francisco, CA jim.coneXXX@rcn.comXXX *********...

send page by email changed to windows live, cant change back to outlook
When I try to send page by email in outlook it defaults to windows live. (send link by email works fine) I have changed the email option (programs) in IE8 to send email to outlook but it does not work. Any suggestions. What version of Windows? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Do yo...

OLE notes
Is there somewhere where I can set a preference on where OLE notes are stored for a company using GP 9. Right now, by default, the notes are stored in a folder on the desktop of Windows Servers 2003. Since I have multiple companies running, this is rather untidy. :-) More importantly, because of backup considerations, I want to set the default path to a location in the programs directory. To determine where OLE Notes are stored in Microsoft Dynamics GP, follow these steps: 1. Locate the dex.ini file in the folder where Microsoft Dynamics GP is installed. 2. Double-click the dex.ini f...

Microsoft money @ business deluxe
How can I put cash reciepts into microsoft business so they will show up on my business reports. say I bought something for the office and paid cash for it. how do i put these items in the money program?? thanks Tim Create a "Petty Cash" account. DAE >-----Original Message----- >How can I put cash reciepts into microsoft business so >they will show up on my business reports. say I bought >something for the office and paid cash for it. how do i >put these items in the money program?? > >thanks Tim >. > ...

A button to navigate to the last page of view
In all the views, there is a first page, previous page and next page. It should also have a last page to allow user to navigate to the last page and not clicking the next page multiple time to go to the last page ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://...

Files wiped clean on only one opersonal profile setting
Still trying to figure this one out. We run Windows XP SP3 with 5 user profiles. For some reason the 1st personal profile setting was wiped clean except for the start up programs. All documents,files,wallpaper,screen saver ,iTunes,they all disappeared. All the Virus/Malware scans come up with nothing. Of course this user didn't back any of this up so his stuff is gone as far as we know so far. Thanks for any input. "blueoyster" wrote: > Still trying to figure this one out. We run Windows XP SP3 with 5 user > profiles. For some reason the 1st personal ...

Apply more than one master page
MS Office 2007 Small Business Publisher. XP Pro OS. I have a 208 page instruction manual. I developed a master page with a header, footer, page # of # to show automatic sequential pages, company logo, etc. This master page is applied to page 2 through 208. I developed other master pages that I want to apply to groups of pages throughout the document. They contain graphic "tabs" that show up on the vertical border of the document. So as a result I would have the main master page set at 2-208, then another master page set at page 2-9, another set at 10-16, another at 17-26, etc. I...

Object.Retrieve methods for CRM business objects
Hi, I am coding up some work currently, and have a relatively simple question relating to the .Retrieve method of the CRM business objects, such as CRMQuote. I am trying to manipulate the data contained in the CRMQuote entity, and the simplest way is for me to read the xml string returned by the retrieve method into a dataset. The problem that I am facing is that I require that all of the columns are returned for the entity. The SDK suggests this is possible by simply passing a blank string or null paramater to the Retrieve method {from the SDK} -- Public Function Retrieve( ByVal Call...

Invalid page fault in module
Dear All, I am working on a VB6 Project, it will open an excel format file (with tab separated). It works fine in my machine. However, when I deploy it to the client, they report the "Invalid page fault in module" error. I have checked the application log, the error was caused by X.Workbooks.Open filename the fragment of code is: dim filename as String dix X as Excel.Application filename = App.path & "/a.xls" X.Workbooks.Open filename Could anyone point out how can I solve this problem. Any comment is appreciated. Thanks Marcus ...

Setting up recurring tasks with excel import
I am trying to set up a building maintenance management system using Excel to define all of the tasks, then drop them into Project for scheduling and use PWA for end-user task communication. I posted this on the MPP group yesterday and there is a thread there: "Subject: Excel (Recurring) Task Import" with some good responses. It was suggested that I post the same question to the MOPS group in hopes of getting more feedback on my approach to my company's task scheduling needs. Thanks in advance, Pete Peter -- I ran a little experiment this afternoon, and I am sa...