page # on MRP exception report

Anybody know how to get page numbers on the MRP Exception Report? I tried 
adding the page number field but all it prints is a 0. The existing page 
number field that prints in the RH is called Page No. but i can't find it in 
the Tools to select and I dont think you can copy and paste a field from the 
report. The only selection is from Globals and that is "Page Number". Doesnt 
seem to work the same. Any help is appreciated. 
0
Wes (48)
3/4/2005 8:09:04 PM
greatplains 29623 articles. 6 followers. Follow

3 Replies
635 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 8

Hi Wes,
This is an issue that we are addressing in the next release (8.5) that is 
due out later this year.  In the mean time, I was able to get the page number 
to show on the report correctly by doing the following steps:
1) In Report Writer or Dexterity, open the report to create a modified 
version.
2) Go to the Toolbox and select the Layout tab.
3) Add the Page Number field to the Page Header of the report with a 
corresponding prompt (currently it is only on the report header)
4) Save the modified version and grant security to it in the application.

 Have a good day!
Alice

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.

"Wes" wrote:

> Anybody know how to get page numbers on the MRP Exception Report? I tried 
> adding the page number field but all it prints is a 0. The existing page 
> number field that prints in the RH is called Page No. but i can't find it in 
> the Tools to select and I dont think you can copy and paste a field from the 
> report. The only selection is from Globals and that is "Page Number". Doesnt 
> seem to work the same. Any help is appreciated. 
0
anewsam (5)
3/7/2005 9:21:08 PM
What do you mean by Corresponding prompt? I added the Page Number field, but 
that didn't solve it the problem. It just prints 0 on each additional page. 

Why are is the field I add Page Number and the field that came on the report 
Page No? 

Thanks,
Wes

"Alice Newsam [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hi Wes,
> This is an issue that we are addressing in the next release (8.5) that is 
> due out later this year.  In the mean time, I was able to get the page number 
> to show on the report correctly by doing the following steps:
> 1) In Report Writer or Dexterity, open the report to create a modified 
> version.
> 2) Go to the Toolbox and select the Layout tab.
> 3) Add the Page Number field to the Page Header of the report with a 
> corresponding prompt (currently it is only on the report header)
> 4) Save the modified version and grant security to it in the application.
> 
>  Have a good day!
> Alice
> 
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.
> 
> "Wes" wrote:
> 
> > Anybody know how to get page numbers on the MRP Exception Report? I tried 
> > adding the page number field but all it prints is a 0. The existing page 
> > number field that prints in the RH is called Page No. but i can't find it in 
> > the Tools to select and I dont think you can copy and paste a field from the 
> > report. The only selection is from Globals and that is "Page Number". Doesnt 
> > seem to work the same. Any help is appreciated. 
0
Wes (48)
3/7/2005 10:19:06 PM
Hi Wes,
By corresonding prompt I meant adding the text "Page:" or "Page Number" 
before the actual page number field from the Layout tab. For the next release 
we were able to fix this problem by adding the page number field to the Page 
Header section of the report.  We also did leave the page number field in the 
Report header section as it currently is.  

The correct field to add is selected from the Layout tab by clicking the 
page number button.  It look like a white sheet of paper with #1 at the top.  
Once you click the button, your pointer will change to a + sign with the same 
page icon.  Click on the Page Header of the report to drop the field on.  The 
field that will be placed on your report is "Page No."  This would be similar 
to adding a text field by clicking the button with a capital "A" on it.  

Do not select the page number field from the Globals drop down list in the 
lower section of the toolbox as that will give you different functionality 
(most likly the 0's you are seeing because there is no code set behind the 
field). 

Have a good day,
Alice

"Wes" wrote:

> What do you mean by Corresponding prompt? I added the Page Number field, but 
> that didn't solve it the problem. It just prints 0 on each additional page. 
> 
> Why are is the field I add Page Number and the field that came on the report 
> Page No? 
> 
> Thanks,
> Wes
> 
> "Alice Newsam [MSFT]" wrote:
> 
> > Hi Wes,
> > This is an issue that we are addressing in the next release (8.5) that is 
> > due out later this year.  In the mean time, I was able to get the page number 
> > to show on the report correctly by doing the following steps:
> > 1) In Report Writer or Dexterity, open the report to create a modified 
> > version.
> > 2) Go to the Toolbox and select the Layout tab.
> > 3) Add the Page Number field to the Page Header of the report with a 
> > corresponding prompt (currently it is only on the report header)
> > 4) Save the modified version and grant security to it in the application.
> > 
> >  Have a good day!
> > Alice
> > 
> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.
> > 
> > "Wes" wrote:
> > 
> > > Anybody know how to get page numbers on the MRP Exception Report? I tried 
> > > adding the page number field but all it prints is a 0. The existing page 
> > > number field that prints in the RH is called Page No. but i can't find it in 
> > > the Tools to select and I dont think you can copy and paste a field from the 
> > > report. The only selection is from Globals and that is "Page Number". Doesnt 
> > > seem to work the same. Any help is appreciated. 
0
anewsam (5)
3/22/2005 2:53:05 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Compare records in multiple sheet -> report
Hi! I have a workbook consisting of ten sheets. To simplify my question let�s say that the three first columns of every sheet denotes the spatial coordinates x,y,z and the fourth column is a scalar value. Some x,y,z-triplets exist in all 10 sheets, some exists in only a few sheets, if the triplet exists, then also the scalar value of the 4th column exists. What I would like to do is to find all unique x,y,z-triplets and show them in the first column of a new sheet. In columns 2-11, I would like to show the scalar value(from the corresponding x,y,z-triplet of course) in column 4 in s...

Problem with empty page
hi asp.net 3.5 I have a webpage which if it has a querystring attached it'll display some usefull information. But if no querystring is attached it displays this content: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META content="text/html; charset=windows-1252" http-equiv=Content-Type></HEAD> <BODY></BODY></HTML> I've tryed to put some logic into the page so when no querystring is used it should give some values to a Literal control on the page. That code executes ...

MRP not creating planned orders in version 10.0
I'm testing version 10.0 on a test system and using a copy of my live database. Version 8.0 creates a planned PO when QTY Available falls below Order Point Qty. It's not working in 10.0. I've checked all my settings from 8.0 to 10.0 and they all look the same. Is there a setting I'm missing? Thanks, Ken Have you rebuilt your low level codes after the upgrade? -- Tim Foster "KRoy" wrote: > I'm testing version 10.0 on a test system and using a copy of my live > database. Version 8.0 creates a planned PO when QTY Available falls below > Ord...

How to create web-based reports from RMS database.
The reports available in RMS is not specific enough for my apparel retail store. I need sell the through rate, average sale, sales/sf, return rate, discount analysis, all broken down by date, week, month, year, category, supplier, and then compare against last year's numbers. I want to create my own web-based reports accessing RMS's SQL database. Does anyone have a template of data access web page so all I have to do is change the SQL statement in getting to the right database table? mas wrote: > The reports available in RMS is not specific enough for my apparel retail > ...

Error while trying to access reports
Hi all, I have a user who is Admin and gets this error when she clicks on the report icon: Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the r...

Create Pivot Table Reports
I just finished installing Analysis Cube on the server, everything seemed working fine until when I try to create the Pivot Table Report (Tools->Analysis Cubes->Create Pivot Table Reprots). After I called up the pre-defined 'Definition ID' and click on the Excel icon, a message popped up saying " The WHTemplate.XLT file was not found." Anybody have any idea what that is, and how to resolve it?? Thanks. 1.) There are two pieces of software. Did you install both the server piece, and the client piece? 2.) Is Excel installed on the machine, on which you'r...

PrintPreview
Hello, I developed a VC++/MFC SDI application. The program supports PrintPreview. However, I only want the user to go forward ("Next Page") and not backward ("Prev Page"). How do I hide the "Prev Page" and "Two Page" buttons? TIA, Jacques Hello All, I found a nice Print Preview replacement toolbar (with bitmap buttons) on codeguru. To hide the "Prev Page" and "Two Page" buttons, simply remove them from the CMyPreviewView::OnCreate(LPCREATESTRUCT lpCreateStruct) method. The article was written by Robin J. Leatherbarrow. Thank...

How do you print the last page of an 8 page banner in Publisher?
When I make a large banner, I would like to select a particular page to print. The print preview option allows selection of pages 1,2, etc but does not allow for example only the last page. Print to a PDF... http://www.primopdf.com/ -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "FredSC" <FredSC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78386D22-8473-4EC8-A032-82F802A26C59@microsoft.com... > When I make a large banner, I would like to select a particular page to > print. The print preview option allow...

Spacing between paragraphs at bottom of page
I consider myself an advanced user with Word, but this annoyance has fooled me. How do I stop the additional spacing between paragraphs at the end of pages? This happens when I have a longer paragraph, and the document decides to keep the text altogether rather than on two separate pages. Any idea on how this can be fixed? Thanks! It's not clear to me what you're describing, but perhaps there is something in http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BottomLine.htm that will apply to your problem. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, A...

is there any way to STACK the page tabs?
I have a worksheet with lots of sheets (pages?) each one of which naturally has its own tab. Is there any way these tabs can be "Stacked" so to be all visible at the bottom of the page, rather than have to scroll sideways in order to see the tabs? TIA Excel 2002 This is not possible. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Mighty Magpie" <mighty.magpie@home> wrote in message news:LAPVb.2214$vo1.1147@newsfep4-winn.server.ntli.net... > I have a worksheet with lots of sheets (pages?) each one of whic...

OWA renders Page cannot be displayed
Hi, We are have Exchange 2003 installed on a Windows 2003 Server. We are allowing access to OWA from outside the network through SSL. We are having a problem with a few emails giving a page cannot be displayed error when trying to view them. These same emails can be viewed with no problems from inside the network(not using SSL). We have URLScan installed, but I can't see anything in the .ini file that would cause these emails to not display correctly. Any suggestions? ...

Reports not availble on ssms
Hello Gurus, Here is a situation I have versions of SQL from 2000 to 2008 in both the 2005 and 2008 version of ssms I can not see the report section when right clicking on a database in SSMS. However I can view these reports when I RDC into the server using the exact same windows credentials?? Is there something missing on my client tool that would cause this? or What?? help! Wisord *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** ...

Date range for a report
Hi I am trying to run a query and can't seem to nail down the right code. We use the access database to track files, incoming/outgoing correspondence dates etc. I am trying to run a query that show me files with dates in a follow up field of -60 days to +7 days, so essentially any follow ups missed in the last 2 months and up coming in the next week. This report is run on a weekly basis. Appreciate any help Thanks Assuming that the follow up field is actually a date/time data type, try this in the criteria: Between Date() - 60 and Date() + 7 -- Jerry Whittle, ...

not repeating text boxes in reports with columns
Hello, I am trying to create a report with columns without repeating certain text boxes. Here is an example of what I would like to create: [Date] "Month1" [Date] "Month2" [Date] "Month3" [Product] "Product1": [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [Product] "Product2": [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [Product] "Product3": [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [Product] "Product4": [q...

Access SSRS Throug SSMS not Report Manager
Without giving someone membership into the "BUILTIN\Administrators" group, how would one enable a user to be able to access SSRS through SSMS? SSMS >> Connect >> Reporting Services >> {Server Name} I'm currently getting the error below: TITLE: Connect to Server ------------------------------ Cannot connect to {servername}. (removed the server name) ------------------------------ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: A connection to the computer cannot be established. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.RSClient) ------------------------------ Acces...

script error running reports from home pages, why??
I'm not a GP user/expert, we recently installed GP2010. Since then one user has said, "When I try to run reports from the home pages, I am getting this script error and cannot run any reports." The error is: Line 47 Char 5 Error The system cannot find the file specified Code 0 URL: file:///C:/Users/username/AppData/Local/Temp/tmp/AE8.tmp I have received differing responses to this issue: 1) enable the Run command on the Start menu of our XenApp server for the regular domain users, which I view as a big security risk 2) "the UserData folder does not exist in the %ap...

Crystal Reports help
We are currently using GP 8.0 and Crystal Reports 10. We will be running most of our reports through Crystal because you can do so much more than with the Report Writer. I am looking for a good reference book for Crystal 10 (this is the first version I have ever used) any suggestions? You can get books on Crystal 10 in any large bookseller. One thing you won't get is how to use Crystal with Great Plains. There was some training materials available. You will want to consult the Great Plains SDK for help on the tables to use. JO wrote: > We are currently using GP 8.0 and Crystal R...

Report Server Error 09-28-07
After uninstalling MSCRM from my server, I tried installing it again. This has led me to the problem of the report server. I'm using the default server name http://<servername>/reportserver and it's still not realizing that it is actually there and fully running. I've checked the Services section of my server and also checked the individual server status. Both are running within normal parameters. Before the uninstall, the report server was running properly and CRM recognised that it was actually there. Any ideas? ....reed Is this SQL Server 2000 or 2005 SRS? 1. Fo...

Hyperlink from intranet web page
I have created an intranet web page that displays GP data and information from tables that I created. I would like to know if there is a way to hyperlink the Return Doc ID from the web page and have that open the RMA Entry/Update window in GP and display all the info for that return? Glenn You cannot achieve this. In Business Portal, option of calling GP window exists through Back office which requires Terminal services and GP Login as well. Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP On May 13, 4:34=A0pm, Glenn_Lasowski <GlennLasow...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have created an i...

Page Break & Upper Lower
How do you add a page break in a report? I also need to change a name from all upper to Upper and lower....is this possible? There's a Page Break control in the tool box. It's the icon that looks like two pages of text, one over the other, with a small right-pointing triangle between the pages. Drag it onto your report like you would any other control. For your Name, assuming the control source for your text box is currently something like PersonName, change it to =StrConv([PersonName], 3) Make sure you include the equal sign. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am...

Sending page by e-mail locks up computer
IE 6, Outlook 2000, Windows 2000 Professional. Each time I send a web page by e-mail to someone using Outlook, the e-mail goes through fine to my recipients, but my computer locks up. Eventually, I manage to close everything down via the task manager (and that too takes a while to get to), and then I have to reboot to regain access to Outlook. This, too, first has to be done in the safe mode so that the open mailbox can be closed up, and then I can get back to my normal operations by logging out and loggin back in. Can someone please help witth what settings I should look at either...

Index / Contents Page
Is it possible to insert an index /contents page in Visio? I have a 30 page Visio document and on Page 2 I want to have a contents page so that the reader can reference a page quickly. Is it possible with out having to manually type it i.e. If the page order changes your index / contents is automatically updated as with Word. There should be an example of create a TOC using VBA at www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visi...

How to create 2 charts on one page
I have created a yearly chart for widgets accomplished in Excel (has 4 data lines). I would like to add another chart directly below this to show the turn-time for accomplishing the widgets. It would have the same X-axis values (months of the year). I tried using a secondary Y axis, and the chart is just unreadable with this approach. Can this be done. HELP. You haven't told us why it's unreadable, so I doubt that we can help. If your problem is that the two sets of data are overlapping, and you said you wanted the second chart *below* the first one, try adjusting the scales on...

CPropertySheet/Page problem on Win98 2e
Does anybody know of any problem using tabbed dlg implemented with CPropertySheet/Page on Win98 2e with both ie6 & mfc*.dlls uptodate? I'm building with VS6SP5. Thanks No. I have written substantial apps using Property Sheet / page and never had any issue with any DLL versions on any of the Win9x series of OS or any other windows version post Win95a for that matter. What is happening? - Tim "Vincent Yu" <VincentYu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC63A0C8-8DB6-47F6-83A0-E674436441CD@microsoft.com... > Does anybody know of any problem using ...

Graphic report in Report writer
Hi, I have modified the Short SOP invoice form to a graphic report. My issue is when I print the report on screen all the fields display correctly as modified. But when printing on paper most of the fields do not display correctly. What I see is that on the place where data should be printed some strange characters are displayed. I tried to print on different printers and different workstations, but still this issue remains. Also at the client site the same issue remains. Does anybody have an idea of how this should be solved? Looking forward for an solution, -- Elaine ...