Orig Master Name for Payroll Trx

Hello-

I need ideas on how to 'hide' the Originating Master Name for transactions 
that originated from Payroll in the Acct Transactions Smartlist.  Is there a 
way to 'lock' smartlist so users cannot add columns?  Thanks!
0
Utf
3/30/2010 6:28:07 PM
greatplains 29623 articles. 6 followers. Follow

5 Replies
1094 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 10

Hi Marisol,

I have a couple of thoughts.

1.  If you have SmartList Builder you can re-create the existing Account 
Transactions SmartList node (you can download the 'seed' SmartList from 
Partner/CustomerSource). Next, you would then take away that column from the 
avaliable columns. Of course you would want to take away security from the 
'regular' SmartList.

2. You could post Payroll Transactions in summary to the General Ledger. Go 
to Tools>>Setup>>Posting>>Posting, select Series = Payroll, Origin = you 
would probably want 'all'. The setting to change would be 'Create a Journal 
Entry Per:' and change the setting to 'Batch'. Be sure to check the other 
settings to make sure they are what you want, because the 'all' setting will 
reset everything in Payroll to the default settings.

You do not lose any of your detail in the Payroll module, but your users 
wouldn't be able to see the individual paycheck names using the Transaction 
SmartList.

Kind regards,

Leslie

"Marisol" wrote:

> Hello-
> 
> I need ideas on how to 'hide' the Originating Master Name for transactions 
> that originated from Payroll in the Acct Transactions Smartlist.  Is there a 
> way to 'lock' smartlist so users cannot add columns?  Thanks!
0
Utf
3/30/2010 6:50:01 PM
Hi Leslie!

We thought about posting in Summary but it's easier to tie back to Payroll 
when posting in detail.  Sometimes we have had to do that.  

I would like to try your Smartlist suggestion.   What do you mean by 'seed'? 
 What exactly should I look for in Customersouce?

Thanks
Marisol

"Leslie Vail" wrote:

> Hi Marisol,
> 
> I have a couple of thoughts.
> 
> 1.  If you have SmartList Builder you can re-create the existing Account 
> Transactions SmartList node (you can download the 'seed' SmartList from 
> Partner/CustomerSource). Next, you would then take away that column from the 
> avaliable columns. Of course you would want to take away security from the 
> 'regular' SmartList.
> 
> 2. You could post Payroll Transactions in summary to the General Ledger. Go 
> to Tools>>Setup>>Posting>>Posting, select Series = Payroll, Origin = you 
> would probably want 'all'. The setting to change would be 'Create a Journal 
> Entry Per:' and change the setting to 'Batch'. Be sure to check the other 
> settings to make sure they are what you want, because the 'all' setting will 
> reset everything in Payroll to the default settings.
> 
> You do not lose any of your detail in the Payroll module, but your users 
> wouldn't be able to see the individual paycheck names using the Transaction 
> SmartList.
> 
> Kind regards,
> 
> Leslie
> 
> "Marisol" wrote:
> 
> > Hello-
> > 
> > I need ideas on how to 'hide' the Originating Master Name for transactions 
> > that originated from Payroll in the Acct Transactions Smartlist.  Is there a 
> > way to 'lock' smartlist so users cannot add columns?  Thanks!
0
Utf
3/30/2010 7:31:01 PM
Hi Marisol,

I like to post in detail too. Mostly because I do not want to have to work 
too hard to find the detail. 

First, you need to make sure that you own SmartList Builder and that it is 
installed. It is an extra cost module, but it is worth every penney. The 
'seed' file is an .xml file that you can import into SmartList Builder and it 
duplicates the existing SmartList. They are called 'SmartList Templates' and 
you can find them here:

https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/downloads/reportslibrary/gp_smartlist_templates.htm

If you do not already own SmartList Builder, take a hard look at it. There 
are SO MANY data retrieval options, including building refreshable (live data 
connections) reports with Excel that you can access from within the GP 
Interface. Really, it's fabulous - talk to your reseller.

Let me know if you need anything, I could e-mail you the templates - 
leslievail@earthlink.net

Kind regards,

Leslie
"Marisol" wrote:

> Hi Leslie!
> 
> We thought about posting in Summary but it's easier to tie back to Payroll 
> when posting in detail.  Sometimes we have had to do that.  
> 
> I would like to try your Smartlist suggestion.   What do you mean by 'seed'? 
>  What exactly should I look for in Customersouce?
> 
> Thanks
> Marisol
> 
> "Leslie Vail" wrote:
> 
> > Hi Marisol,
> > 
> > I have a couple of thoughts.
> > 
> > 1.  If you have SmartList Builder you can re-create the existing Account 
> > Transactions SmartList node (you can download the 'seed' SmartList from 
> > Partner/CustomerSource). Next, you would then take away that column from the 
> > avaliable columns. Of course you would want to take away security from the 
> > 'regular' SmartList.
> > 
> > 2. You could post Payroll Transactions in summary to the General Ledger. Go 
> > to Tools>>Setup>>Posting>>Posting, select Series = Payroll, Origin = you 
> > would probably want 'all'. The setting to change would be 'Create a Journal 
> > Entry Per:' and change the setting to 'Batch'. Be sure to check the other 
> > settings to make sure they are what you want, because the 'all' setting will 
> > reset everything in Payroll to the default settings.
> > 
> > You do not lose any of your detail in the Payroll module, but your users 
> > wouldn't be able to see the individual paycheck names using the Transaction 
> > SmartList.
> > 
> > Kind regards,
> > 
> > Leslie
> > 
> > "Marisol" wrote:
> > 
> > > Hello-
> > > 
> > > I need ideas on how to 'hide' the Originating Master Name for transactions 
> > > that originated from Payroll in the Acct Transactions Smartlist.  Is there a 
> > > way to 'lock' smartlist so users cannot add columns?  Thanks!
0
Utf
3/30/2010 7:55:01 PM
Thanks Leslie!  We do own Smartlist builder.  I imported the template for GL 
but the Go to buttons don't work.  I tried creating a view also but for some 
reason I cannot use it.  I get an error when I try to add the key field.  
It's weird coz I have used views in Smartlist builder before.  I wonder if 
it's a permission issue on our sql server.  

Marisol

"Leslie Vail" wrote:

> Hi Marisol,
> 
> I like to post in detail too. Mostly because I do not want to have to work 
> too hard to find the detail. 
> 
> First, you need to make sure that you own SmartList Builder and that it is 
> installed. It is an extra cost module, but it is worth every penney. The 
> 'seed' file is an .xml file that you can import into SmartList Builder and it 
> duplicates the existing SmartList. They are called 'SmartList Templates' and 
> you can find them here:
> 
> https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/downloads/reportslibrary/gp_smartlist_templates.htm
> 
> If you do not already own SmartList Builder, take a hard look at it. There 
> are SO MANY data retrieval options, including building refreshable (live data 
> connections) reports with Excel that you can access from within the GP 
> Interface. Really, it's fabulous - talk to your reseller.
> 
> Let me know if you need anything, I could e-mail you the templates - 
> leslievail@earthlink.net
> 
> Kind regards,
> 
> Leslie
> "Marisol" wrote:
> 
> > Hi Leslie!
> > 
> > We thought about posting in Summary but it's easier to tie back to Payroll 
> > when posting in detail.  Sometimes we have had to do that.  
> > 
> > I would like to try your Smartlist suggestion.   What do you mean by 'seed'? 
> >  What exactly should I look for in Customersouce?
> > 
> > Thanks
> > Marisol
> > 
> > "Leslie Vail" wrote:
> > 
> > > Hi Marisol,
> > > 
> > > I have a couple of thoughts.
> > > 
> > > 1.  If you have SmartList Builder you can re-create the existing Account 
> > > Transactions SmartList node (you can download the 'seed' SmartList from 
> > > Partner/CustomerSource). Next, you would then take away that column from the 
> > > avaliable columns. Of course you would want to take away security from the 
> > > 'regular' SmartList.
> > > 
> > > 2. You could post Payroll Transactions in summary to the General Ledger. Go 
> > > to Tools>>Setup>>Posting>>Posting, select Series = Payroll, Origin = you 
> > > would probably want 'all'. The setting to change would be 'Create a Journal 
> > > Entry Per:' and change the setting to 'Batch'. Be sure to check the other 
> > > settings to make sure they are what you want, because the 'all' setting will 
> > > reset everything in Payroll to the default settings.
> > > 
> > > You do not lose any of your detail in the Payroll module, but your users 
> > > wouldn't be able to see the individual paycheck names using the Transaction 
> > > SmartList.
> > > 
> > > Kind regards,
> > > 
> > > Leslie
> > > 
> > > "Marisol" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > Hello-
> > > > 
> > > > I need ideas on how to 'hide' the Originating Master Name for transactions 
> > > > that originated from Payroll in the Acct Transactions Smartlist.  Is there a 
> > > > way to 'lock' smartlist so users cannot add columns?  Thanks!
0
Utf
3/30/2010 11:12:02 PM
Hi Marisol,

I didn't realize there were no 'go to' actions in the templates, that's a 
bummer. So, you would need to rebuild the go to's, which isn't too bad. As 
far as the view is concerned, you need to grant SmartList security to it 
before you can use it. Tools>>SmartList Builder>>Security>>SQL Table Security 
and then select the 'views' radio button. Give it a try and let us know what 
happens, or if you have already done it to no avail. Perhaps a SQL guru will 
pop in.

Kind regards,

Leslie

"Marisol" wrote:

> Thanks Leslie!  We do own Smartlist builder.  I imported the template for GL 
> but the Go to buttons don't work.  I tried creating a view also but for some 
> reason I cannot use it.  I get an error when I try to add the key field.  
> It's weird coz I have used views in Smartlist builder before.  I wonder if 
> it's a permission issue on our sql server.  
> 
> Marisol
> 
> "Leslie Vail" wrote:
> 
> > Hi Marisol,
> > 
> > I like to post in detail too. Mostly because I do not want to have to work 
> > too hard to find the detail. 
> > 
> > First, you need to make sure that you own SmartList Builder and that it is 
> > installed. It is an extra cost module, but it is worth every penney. The 
> > 'seed' file is an .xml file that you can import into SmartList Builder and it 
> > duplicates the existing SmartList. They are called 'SmartList Templates' and 
> > you can find them here:
> > 
> > https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/downloads/reportslibrary/gp_smartlist_templates.htm
> > 
> > If you do not already own SmartList Builder, take a hard look at it. There 
> > are SO MANY data retrieval options, including building refreshable (live data 
> > connections) reports with Excel that you can access from within the GP 
> > Interface. Really, it's fabulous - talk to your reseller.
> > 
> > Let me know if you need anything, I could e-mail you the templates - 
> > leslievail@earthlink.net
> > 
> > Kind regards,
> > 
> > Leslie
> > "Marisol" wrote:
> > 
> > > Hi Leslie!
> > > 
> > > We thought about posting in Summary but it's easier to tie back to Payroll 
> > > when posting in detail.  Sometimes we have had to do that.  
> > > 
> > > I would like to try your Smartlist suggestion.   What do you mean by 'seed'? 
> > >  What exactly should I look for in Customersouce?
> > > 
> > > Thanks
> > > Marisol
> > > 
> > > "Leslie Vail" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > Hi Marisol,
> > > > 
> > > > I have a couple of thoughts.
> > > > 
> > > > 1.  If you have SmartList Builder you can re-create the existing Account 
> > > > Transactions SmartList node (you can download the 'seed' SmartList from 
> > > > Partner/CustomerSource). Next, you would then take away that column from the 
> > > > avaliable columns. Of course you would want to take away security from the 
> > > > 'regular' SmartList.
> > > > 
> > > > 2. You could post Payroll Transactions in summary to the General Ledger. Go 
> > > > to Tools>>Setup>>Posting>>Posting, select Series = Payroll, Origin = you 
> > > > would probably want 'all'. The setting to change would be 'Create a Journal 
> > > > Entry Per:' and change the setting to 'Batch'. Be sure to check the other 
> > > > settings to make sure they are what you want, because the 'all' setting will 
> > > > reset everything in Payroll to the default settings.
> > > > 
> > > > You do not lose any of your detail in the Payroll module, but your users 
> > > > wouldn't be able to see the individual paycheck names using the Transaction 
> > > > SmartList.
> > > > 
> > > > Kind regards,
> > > > 
> > > > Leslie
> > > > 
> > > > "Marisol" wrote:
> > > > 
> > > > > Hello-
> > > > > 
> > > > > I need ideas on how to 'hide' the Originating Master Name for transactions 
> > > > > that originated from Payroll in the Acct Transactions Smartlist.  Is there a 
> > > > > way to 'lock' smartlist so users cannot add columns?  Thanks!
0
Utf
4/6/2010 10:24:01 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Formula to capture worksheet names #2
this is Exactly what I need. I appreciate ya bro -- LowKe ----------------------------------------------------------------------- LowKey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1527 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26897 No problem. Glad it helped. :) Take care -- firefyt ----------------------------------------------------------------------- firefytr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=664 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26897 ...

Exchange 2000
Hi all I've recently renamed a user. Now I found that everytime I type that user name in the outlook, it shows me the name like this NewUserName <OldUserName>. I've checked all in the AD, but not found anythings related to the old user. How to correct it? Please help. Thanks BT Just a few points ... 1 - you can delete the names from the autocomplete by highlighting them (use the keyboards arrow keys) and hitting the DEL key. 2 - the <OldUserName> is displayed because that is the user's LegacyDN value. This value can be changed by using adsiedit however if...

why are my excel file name colored blue ?
Why are some of my excel files colored blue and some are in black? This occurred after an IT tech servicing was done> "valbwoy" <valbwoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A643AA1-3971-4498-A24D-2C569D330225@microsoft.com... > Why are some of my excel files colored blue and some are in black? This > occurred after an IT tech servicing was done> If this is when you are viewing the files in Windows Explorer, the blue may well mean that the relevant files are compressed. There is an option in Control Panel that allows compressed files to be shown ...

Sort name from specified interval table
Hiiii I am facing a silly problem i think u guys are rescue me from that... My prob like I have two cloum one colum contain Name of person and another coloum contain their salary.I prepared a interval table contain 4 row according to salary range....I have find the name whos salary has on the specified range on ist row of interval table.... Can any one giv the idea about that..Perhaps I tried it VLook up Function...But i faced proble to sort the name from ist colum -- mun04 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mun04's Profile: http://www.excelforum....

in access databse the function date() returns #name
i have created an access data base at access 2003 profisonal and used the function date() it worked properly . but when i have coped my data base at another computer at the same office , the funtion retuned (name#) aW4gQWNjZXNzOyB0aGUgRGF0ZSBmdW5jdGlvbiBkb2Vzbid0IHdvcmsgc29tZXRpbWVzLgoKaXQgd29ya3MgYWxsIHRoZSB0aW1lIGluIFNRTCBTZXJ2ZXI7IGJ1dCB5b3UndmUgZ290IHRvIGNhbGwgaXQKR0VUREFURSgpCgoKCk9uIE1hciA3LCAxMToyNMKgcG0sINmF2K3ZhdivINiq2KfYrCDYp9mE2KPYtdmB2YrYp9ihINin2YTYqNiu2YrYqiDZhdit2YXYryDYp9mE2LPZitivCjxAZGlzY3Vzc2lvbnMubWljcm9zb2Z0LmNvbT4gd3JvdGU6Cj4gaSBoYXZlIGNyZWF0ZWQgYW4gYWNjZXNzIGRhdGEgYmFzZ...

Outlook 2007, Cached Mode, name resolution fails
I'm having a similar problem as discussed here: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.outlook/browse_thread/thread/1f521281a6a07fa6/01bdb551c91c034d?lnk=gst&q=cached+mode&rnum=16#01bdb551c91c034d With Outlook 2007 the key for Cached Mode no longer exists. I'm also receiving the following error when I do a check names when I type portions of users display names: "Too many names have been found in the directory service or the server has exceeded its time limit for searching. Type more letteres of the name and try again." I've checked and our OAL is bei...

Defining a name
Whats up everyone. Can I have a table array that is dynamic based on a input sheet. For example I have a lookup table that =VLOOKUP(Reference!$E6,CompanyDataQ3,Reference!$F6,FALSE) I would like CompanyDataQ3 to change based on the input sheet. On the input sheet I have Quarter so if quarter on the input sheet is Q3 the lookup table will have =VLOOKUP(Reference!$E6,CompanyDataQ3,Reference!$F6,FALSE) if the quarter on the input sheet is Q4 than the lookup table will hav =VLOOKUP(Reference!$E6,CompanyDataQ4,Reference!$F6,FALSE) Please let me know if this is possible and how to best a...

Bank Rec and Cdn Payroll
Any ideas on how the payroll checks are on the cgeque register list but not showing up in Bank rec? Help please I could really use some help on this I have had payroll cheques show up on the cheque register and then the next batch doesn't show on the register list. I have them on the check register list and not in bank rec. I must be missing a crucial link someone. Thanks Gloria "Gloria" wrote: > Any ideas on how the payroll checks are on the cgeque register list but not > showing up in Bank rec? > > Help please ...

Payroll Check comment
Is there a way to include a one time comment/note on payroll checks and direct deposit stubs? When we want to put a message on the check stubs, I go to the correct report in Report Writer and place it on the format of the check and direct deposit. After checks are completed you just need to go back to Report Writer and be sure to remove it. "Andrea Smiley" wrote: > Is there a way to include a one time comment/note on payroll checks and > direct deposit stubs? Thanks...i was hoping for a better way like Paybles has. have a great weekend "Eleanor@fac" wrot...

2 Page Master
I Want to split a 2 page master that i set up in publisher 2003. set up to print on 17x12 paper, page 2&14 our on the same page.3&12 are on the same page. How can i split them. Thank ...Merle ...

Shared Calendars not Displaying User Name
Outlook 2003 / Exchange 2003, both fully patched and running on XP Pro SP2. Shared calendars added under "Open a shared calendar". Header of calendars only displays "Calendar", not the username of the shared calendar owner. How can I get Outlook to display the username, please. At the moment I have multiple calendars open and they all are headed "Calendar". Not very useful :-( TIA, Bill http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2005/20050809.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for W...

Exchange/Outlook 2003 Master Team Calendar Solution
Hi, I have a client who is using Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003 in an SBS 2003 environment. They would like to have certain appointments in their personal mailboxes automatically update and populate into a Master Team Calendar in their public folders. The goal is to see everyone's appointments on one calendar without having to do double entry. They presently use a 10 year old software called ECCO which allows them to view all company appointments on one calendar. They would like to get off ECCO completely and use solely Outlook I've seen several add-ins/programs (i.e MS Team Cal...

Multiple Data files--two with same name!
I have been having trouble balancing my checking account, and discovered that I have three data files: My Money, My Money0 and My Money0. Yes, two of them appear to have the exact same name. One of the My Money0 files appears to cover the time from my last archive (Jan 2003), while the other two files cover only a portion of that time (Jan 04-Aug 04) and (Jan 03-May 04). How can this happen? Any suggestions on how to fix it? At this point my only idea is to manually cross check all the entries and create a single data file then delete the other two. Any better ideas? In micro...

Display name of mail enabled public folder
Hi, I have problems with the mail enabled public folder adresses. In the AD, there is "My Company" security group where there are employers of the company, without any mail address. We have Public Folders\Unsorted folder, mail enabled, with address company@company.com and company@company.local. If you send a message from Outlook 2007 to company@company.local it is delivered into the Unsorted folder as it should. However, if you send a message to company@company.com it is translated as "My Company" by outlook and rejected by server as undeliverable....

Add-ins and #NAME errors
I have an Excel spreadsheet that was saved with a series of add-in function calls. The add-in wasn't loaded at the time, and the UDF cells contained #NAME errors. When I opened the sheet on a machine that did contain the relevant add-in, I expected that hitting F9, Shift+F9 or at the very most Ctrl+Alt+F9 would recalculate all the cells including the ones with the #NAMEs. However this was not the case. The only way I could fix this sheet was by using an F2+Enter combination on the broken #NAME cells. Since the range was relatively large, I used a VBA macro with SendKeys. ...

Segment names in FRx
We are a credit union audting deparment using GP to import data from credit unions and using this info for monitoring. We have set ourselves up as the company, and the credit unions as segments (instead of branches). I need to create a report which will list each credit union and some basic info (certain accounts). I can create this report so that each credit union is on a single page in a drilldown report, but how do I create it as such Name TotalAssets Acct 2 Acct 3 credit union 1 credit union 2 .... If I try to output this info to excel then I get all t...

excel function to get tab name
On the first tab in my worksheet, I have several cells in a colum in which the cell reference returns the value of cell A1 from the subsequent tabs. For example, the workbook has 10 tabs named Tab1, Tab2...Tab10, and in Tab1, the formula in cell A2 is "=Tab2!A1", and the formula in cell A3 is "=Tab3!A1"....cell A10 is "Tab10!A1". Sometimes, I will add and delete these subsequent tabs (Tab2 through Tab10) and then have to manually re-link the references to A1 on each of these tabs back to the column on Tab1. Is there some way to do this with a relative r...

Re: Sp[litting Names from Cells
Bob Phillips gave the answers below for splitting names from cells: =LEFT(A1,FIND("^^",SUBSTITUTE(A1," ","^^",LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1," ",""))))-1) and =RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND("^^",SUBSTITUTE(A1,"","^^",LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1," ",""))))) Using these formulas on this example John A Doe results in John A and Doe, is it possible to split it to show John / A / Doe in 3 separate cells, I know I could use the formulas again on the John A result to split them but I'd like to do it in 1 go ...

How to set custom class name for MFC frame window?
When you create a frame window in MFC using following code: BOOL CMainFrame::PreCreateWindow(CREATESTRUCT& cs) { if( !CMDIFrameWnd::PreCreateWindow(cs) ) return FALSE; // TODO: Modify the Window class or styles here by modifying // the CREATESTRUCT cs cs.lpszClass = AfxRegisterWndClass(0); return TRUE; } In Spy++, the default frame name is Afx:00400000:0. How can I set custom name instead of the default name? Thanks. Michael On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 14:49:47 -0800, "Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When you create a frame window in MFC usi...

Universal Naming Convention
I am trying create a wed page in access 2003 to have viewed on the internet by another department. But it is telling me to use (UNC) instead of a drive letter, how can i give it a (UNC) If you're currently using, say, G:\Folder\File.mdb, find out what the drive mapping for G: is and use that instead: \\server\share\folder\file.mdb -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "juniorlee31" <juniorlee31@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3D7B7547-D1B1-45A3-8B9E-108CD9142B8F@microsoft.com... >I am trying create a ...

Cell returns worksheet name
Hi. There's got to be a function for this. How can I get a cell to return the name of the current worksheet? This would be ideal for groupeding worksheets, creating your work, and then, once ungrouped, having the sheet name apear in a cell on that particular sheet. Thank you for any help on this. "Derick" <gittyup777@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:SgUkc.1215$a47.573@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net... > Hi. > > There's got to be a function for this. > > How can I get a cell to return the name of the current worksheet? > > This would be ide...

Opening and Naming Files
I want to be able to open a file from any users desktop. From my desktop, the command is Workbooks.Open Filename:="C:\Users\Jim\Desktop\403.csv" How do I automate this, using UserName = Range("G5").Value So that if the user enters 'Dave' into G5, the code line will change to Workbooks.Open Filename:="C:\Users\Dave\Desktop\403.csv" ? Thanks, Jim Berglund This will work for any user, no need to get the user name Workbooks.Open Filename:="..\Desktop\403.csv" But if you really want to manipulate s...

Create field 4 client name that transfers to Bus Time/Exp portal
In GP Dynamics 10 within the Project Accounting Project set up, there is a field for the description of the project, but the line item is limited and can only hold a few words (not enough to hold the client name AND project description). The project number and the brief project description fields transfer over to the Business Time and Expense portal under the project task-list and is viewable by the timekeeper that is entering their timesheet and expense report. It would be more than helpful if the field that contains the client name can transfer over as well, so the timekeeper has th...

Name of Undisclosed Recipient on a BCC Email
My distribution list that is inserted into the Bcc space. My email address is inserted into the To space. The email is successfully reaching all of the people on my distribution list. The problem is that the name that appears on the undisclosed redcipients email is my name and not the recipients. The email is going to the right place, but under the wrong name. Does anybody know why this is happening? Frank That's normal - you didn't send the message to them. You BCC'd the message to them and sent the message to yourself. If you want them to each get...

CRM 4.0 on named instance of SQL?
Hi; From the Planning guide: "Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server now supports a named instance of SQL Server when you add or create organization databases" Does that mean that only the databases for new organizations are supported in a named instance, or can the entire installation (config database also) be on a named instance? Thanks Dave ------=_NextPart_0001_3049D092 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Dave Thanks for posting in. This is Ken in Online Partner Support. This means that both MSCRM_CONFIG database and organization database can be inst...