Order/Invoice Work and History tables

We use the Scribe Great Plains adapter to pass in and process orders
and invoices. Off and on we have failures for one reason or another
when passing the transactions.  My question is:  when are the SOPTYPE
2 [orders] moved from the SOP10100 & SOP10200 work tables to the
SOP30200 & SOP30300 History tables?  In our case we have ended up with
some order transaction records still in the work tables after the
corresponding invoices have processed through and been posted.  I
assume that the order should be in history if it has already been
invoiced. I would like to know which records should be cleaned up from
the work tables and which ones are supposed to be in there still.  If
anyone has information as to when in the transaction process the order
records are suppose to move to the history tables it will be greatly
appreciated.  Thank you.
0
nshockley (2)

Typically, the order is transferred to invoices and backorders.  At that
time, even before the invoice is posted, the order (2) docs are moved to
history.  Some people fulfill particular items from the order(2) and transfer
to an invoice(3).  These orders (2) will remain in open until they are
completely transferred to Invoices or back orders or have the remaining
balance cancelled.  In the case of cancellations, the Remove Sales Orders
utility needs to be run to move them to history.

I have seen some few orders in both open and history.  I have not been able
to track down why but it is not supposed to happen.

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"nshockley@bkrycft.com" wrote:

> We use the Scribe Great Plains adapter to pass in and process orders
> and invoices. Off and on we have failures for one reason or another
> when passing the transactions.  My question is:  when are the SOPTYPE
> 2 [orders] moved from the SOP10100 & SOP10200 work tables to the
> SOP30200 & SOP30300 History tables?  In our case we have ended up with
> some order transaction records still in the work tables after the
> corresponding invoices have processed through and been posted.  I
> assume that the order should be in history if it has already been
> invoiced. I would like to know which records should be cleaned up from
> the work tables and which ones are supposed to be in there still.  If
> anyone has information as to when in the transaction process the order
> records are suppose to move to the history tables it will be greatly
> appreciated.  Thank you.

0
info4071 (3005)

Pivot Table Source Data
I have an existing Pivot Table that usually updates daily, albeit this relies someone in the office refreshing the data. Anyway we seem to have missed one days data and thought we would be clever and just include the days missing data back into the source data. In effect we are putting the 8th September data between the 7th and the 9th. However no matter what we do the data from the 8th ends up as the last column in the pivot table. Are we missing something really simple here or has my brain turned to mush? thanks for the help in advance. Bryan P.S I also tried creating a dynamic range but ...

Time reg: Creating an Outlook Calendar appointment from the order
It would be a great feature when it comes to time registration, if it was possible from the Order View in the CRM Outlook client to draw an order directly into the Outlook Calendar, thereby using it for time registration. In that case, it should be possible to select which data fields would be transferred to the Outlook Calendar Appointment, enabling all sorts of time usage statistics. I'm quite certain many companies would benefit from such a feature. I know we would. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most...

Sales Distribution Entry table
Can someone point me at the table that stores the data for the Sales Distribution Entry window? Thanks. On Feb 27, 10:44=A0am, ALGP <gpjef...@gmail.com> wrote: > Can someone point me at the table that stores the data for the Sales > Distribution Entry window? > > Thanks. SOP10102 ...

Grouping dates in pivot table
I am pulling data from a SQL Server database to create a pivot table. Excel (07) is not recognizing the field as a date. This is a field I would like to group by in the pivottable. I am aware of all the techniques to convert this to a date field, but I am searching for an answer as to why XL pivot tables cannot consume the dates directly from a sql query. I have played with bringing the dates back in a number of differenent formats with no success. Any insights into this would be appreciated. Probably coming in as text and yuo may only need to copy an unused cell and paste sp...

pivot table grand totals not showing for all columns...
i have a pivot table that shows the grand total for some columns, but not for others... there are no differences in the data layout, yet this happens? any clues as to why? and how I can get the grand totals to show for all fields. thanx in the PivotTable floating toolbar, click PviotTable, then Table Options, select 'Grand totals for columns' option. ...

Capital One Downloads (and other Yodlee Downloads) not working
I use MS Money to download transactions of Capital One and Bank of America credit cards. For the last 4 days, MS Money has been unable to download these transactions, and when I log into the "My Money" section of the MSN Money web site, I cannot download the transactions either. Both of these downloads are handled via the Yodlee service. Is this a known outage? Are others experiencing the same problem? Is there a solution? I've tried logging in and out of Passport, but the downloads continue to fail. Thanks, Reddog None of these are working for me today. I assume i...

Self-Made Combo Boxes not working correctly...
Okay all.. Here's my deal... I have tried and tried and tried to get these to work... I'm going to post what I have done, and what I am trying to do, and see if someone can help me figure crap out... tblBuilding - PK is BuildingIDNum - Autonumber tblBuildingZones - FK is BuildingIDNum via SELECT DISTINCTROW Building.BuildingIDNum, Building.Name FROM Building ORDER BY Building.BuildingIDNum; cboBuilding - This has Building 1, Building 2, etc. The field displaying this info is "Name" in tblBuilding. cboBuildingZones - This has different "zones" for Building 1,...

Data Tables
In Excel 2000, must data tables (Data\Tables...) always be located on the same worksheet tab as the source data? I want to put summary tables into a separate worksheet (tab), but Excel won't let me do that. Steve Looks that way, at least in Excel97 (my ver) But we could always mirror the data tables (or parts thereof) elsewhere (eg: another sheet) via simple link formulas -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Singapore, GMT+8 xdemechanik http://savefile.com/projects/236895 -- "Steve D" <sdrenker_(you_know_what_here)_media.sj.nec.com> wrote in message news:ufhMsZfyFHA.3804@TK2MSFTNGP10....

Creating a Relationship Between Order Product (salesorderdetail) and Service Activity (serviceappointment)
Hi folks, We are using CRM 4.0 to run a consulting business. Its working pretty well but we want to simply the way we are doing some things. What we want to do is create an Order (salesorder) with multiple Order Products (salesorderdetal). So good so far. Next I want to be able associate each Order Product (salesorderdetail) with a Service Activity (serviceappointment), this representing that this billable line item in the order is actually going to be fulfilled as a consuting engagement. The problem is, I can't seem to be able to create an association between the Order Product (salesor...

Table name length in microsoft query
Hi! Is it true that the maximum length of a tablename is still 8 characters. I'm useing Excel 97 and trying to get data from a Paradox 9 table via odbc-link and Microsoft Query. I have heard a few years ago that long names are OK and supported all over the microsoftian regime. Is there any trick to avoid this without shortening all the names. Greetings from Helsinki HK ...

Formatting number in Data Table
I am using Excel 2007. I have a spreadsheet that the figures can be negative or positve. I have formatted the cells with this custom format $#,##0;[Red]$-#,##0. On the spreadsheet the format works fine. I created a chart from the data. I have a data table at the bottom of the chart. The problem is that the format from the spreadsheet is not reflected in the data table. When I click on Format Data Table, there is no option for number formatting. There is a number formatting option available when i click Format Axis, but this doesn't change it, because the actual axis is Text. Is th...

Table relationships
I've created a database with about 15 tables for a participant data in a research study. Each participant will complete the 15 assessment measures. My ultimate goal is to create a data entry system whereby a research assistant can pull up a form and enter an ID number, plus the answers to the 15 assessment measures. I know I can create a query to combine all the tables, but it seems like the research assistant would have to enter the id and date 15 times (once for each table pulled in to the query). Is there a way to just enter the ID number one time and have it apply t...

Pvt Table Question
I am creating several pvt tables that will be updated often with new data. I want to know if there is any function within a pvt table that I can use to set up my pvt table so that only the top 10 data points are automatically displayed. So for example, if i have pvt table set up to show brand name and then accounts for each brand name and I sorted on accounts descending and only wanted the pvt table to show the top 10 brands that had the highest total accounts. Is this possible? Thanks. Hi, To show the top 10 values for a field - double-click the field heading, click 'Advanced' ...

Message tracking not work on XP SP2
Message tracking is not working on Windows XP SP2. I've tried System Manager 2000 and 2003 with the same result. Message searching will started, but is still running without result. After uninstalling SP2 it's working fine! On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 05:26:05 -0700, Pol <Pol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Message tracking is not working on Windows XP SP2. I've tried System Manager >2000 and 2003 with the same result. Message searching will started, but is >still running without result. After uninstalling SP2 it's working fine! Your workstation needs to be abl...

Order of X-axis
Dearest Wizards, Col A has dates, in order but with most recent toward top. Col D has data to be graphed. What I want is for the resulting graph to have the most recent date on the RIGHT side of the graph (on the X-Axis) and the earliest dates on the LEFT. The order on the spreadsheet really can't be changed to accommodate this. TIA for any help you can give. Sam Hi, Double click the X axis and on the scale tab of the format dialog check, Dates in Reverse order To keep the Y axis labels on the left also check Value (Y) axis crosses at maximum value Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope,...

Outlook 2007 Instant Search not working.
I installed Outlook 2007 on Windows XP SP2. The instant search does not work and desktop search can find everything except email messages. I have rebuilt the index and uninstalled and reinstalled Window Desktop Search 3.0. Any other ideas on how to fix this? I fixed mine by doing two things, not scientific, doing only one may have worked. I unchecked Outlook Express. (Maybe it only likes one email client) (It search OE fine by the way) I ran the repair option for Office 2007 in add remove programs. (I installed search after Outlook prompted me on its first use, maybe Search should be...

Can't get automatic updates to work
I get this message: [Error number: 0x8DDD0018] The site cannot continue because one or more of these Windows services is not running: Automatic Updates (allows the site to find, download and install high-priority updates for your computer) Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) (helps updates download more quickly and without problems if the download process is interrupted) Event Log (keeps a record of updating activities to help with troubleshooting, if needed) To make sure these services are running: 1. Click Start, and then click Run. 2. Type servic...

Works Portfolio
I accidently deleted my WksSb.exe application, how can I get this application back? -- Sugarpiemims ...

CRM Task not working in SFO
I have a problem with SFO. There is no response when I click the "CRM Task" button on the SFO CRM Toolbar. The others work fine - CRM email, convert to crm email, crm appointment, etc. This only happens on one machine. Can't see anything on the server logs. Where should I be looking for errors on the client? Anyone seen this problem before? Try clearing the "cache". In the SFO client> Tools and Options Other tab and then Advanced Options button Custom Forms button and then Manage forms button The click the "clear cache" button. Should be OK then. Guy....

Contact categories & Exchange 2003: do they work together?
In my Small Business Server environment, I want Exchange to manage the Master category list for Outlook. I have been unable to locate an appropriate setting for this. Does anyone have any ideas? By the way, My contacts are all located in a public folder. "Paul van Egmond" <paul@oenone.nl> wrote: >In my Small Business Server environment, I want Exchange >to manage the Master category list for Outlook. I have >been unable to locate an appropriate setting for this. >Does anyone have any ideas? By the way, My contacts are >all located in a public folder. ...

Adding a total row to a chart data table
I have the following data in a chart Week 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Data1 1 5 7 6 1 6 7 6 Data2 3 4 5 7 9 4 6 6 Is it possible to have the data table show a totals row? I.E: Totals 4 9 12 13 10 10 13 12 Thanks in advance, John You can't include the total in the data table. As a workaround, you could embed the chart on a worksheet, and display the data below it. Tushar Mehta has instructions on his web site: http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/data_table/index.htm John Ortt wrote: > I have the following data in a chart > > Week 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Data1 1 5 7 6 1 6 7 6...

Need to find the table
I do get some odd requests for great plains. My latest requires me to track down a table. The one i need is for one of the forms that shows in the smart list. I need the one under account transactions and is called Output VAT Nominal. I need to know what table/s supply this form. Even better would be if it was possible to access the hard coding of this form. I looked for it and found nothing. We run great plains version 8 should it help. well, thankyou all kindly in advance. Tools>Resource Descriptions is always a good place to start. "Saltious" wrote: > I do get som...

Inventory Reconcile ... Include Item History
Can anyone tell me ... if you do NOT mark 'Include Item History' in the Reconcile Inventory Quantities window (Inventory Reconcile), exactly what does the utility NOT do? Window help is useless ... it says "Mark to have item history records reconciled, also." Our VAR was not clear in their answer. They said to do it only if you change a unit of measure or change quantity decimals. Based on the verbaige you would think not marking it means it would not re-calculate summary on-hand quantities. 'History' in the inventory module means anything posted, r...

pivot table 05-01-10
I have data on two worksheet and i want to analize data by consolidate them togeter.How can i use pivot table? -- meihua meihua;950632 Wrote: > I have data on two worksheet and i want to analize data by consolidate > them > togeter.How can i use pivot table? > > -- > meihua Option 1. Yes, you can use mutliple sheets connected to single pivot. choose, Multiple consolidation ranges option in Pivot table and Pivot Chart Wizard - step 1 of 3. Option 2. It is better to get the all data into single sheet and use pivot. thanks bala --...

Reporting table fields vertically
I've come across a client with a non-normalized table with sales of items for eight different regions. So, the fields in the table are: ItemCode Region1SalesQty Region2SalesQty .... .... Region8SalesQty Typically the client is printing these sales in columns, with a report that has the eight regions spaced horizontally across the page. Something like this: ItemCode Region1SalesQty Region2SalesQty ... Region8SalesQty However, they now need a report with the sales reported vertically, like this: ItemCode Region1SalesQty Region2SalesQty ...