Option to prevent users creating other than User ID based Smartlis

On a site with a large user count it is necessary to control the number of
"global" smartlist favourites that can be created/saved. A tick box on the
user maintenance window to nominate that the user can only save favourites
for their user id - this user would have the favourites field "Visible To"
locked with the value "User ID".  This would greatly assist in managing the
number of smartlist favourites people will see and need to navigate through.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=ae1ef9fa-85c9-4808-92cf-631c6698ecd8&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
HG (6)

Nested If Function to be converted into a user-defined custom function
Dear Experts: below formula (nested if formula) WORKS FINE in EXCEL 2007, but it is not working in 2003 for known reasons (number of conditions exceeding the limit) . I now would like to create a user-defined custom function (UDF) in Excel 2003. I know how to operate the VBA Editor but I got no idea how this nested If-Formula translates into a VBA-code. Could somebody please help me. Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andreas ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Below formula (nested IF-Function...

Need help in accessing a sharepoint site that I created with the AllTemplates.exe
SBS2008 with WSS 3.0 I downloaded the AllTemplates.exe from Microsoft and installed the Helpdesk template. I can acess the Helpdesk site from SBS2008 and add things to it but I can't access it from a workstation. Can anyone help me out? Thanks You mean you can only access the site from the Server in local , right? maybe we need more information such as error message. how about doing "ping" or "tracert" result. can you access a normal web site (not sharepoint site) from the workstation ? do you get an authentication window ? "john doe" wr...

Smart List #6
Why in the name of heaven is the navigation pane on the left side of the Smart List a fixed size? Absolutely every Microsoft package allows for the viewing pane on the left side of the screen to be adjusted to the CUSTOMER'S desired size. But not on the Smart List. Was the programmer that determined to be unique so it was decided that functionality would be thrown out the window...(so to speak). Why not allow customers the choice on the viewing width on the Smart List? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the mos...

Turn off option
I started publisher for the first time and I fill up a little form. Now avery time I open the program the information I wrote in the form appears in anything I want to do. How I turn off that option? Does the information appear on templates or all publications? You probably are seeing your Business Information. You can delete the information. Edit menu, Business Information. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Yanely" <Yanely@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2FB8491B-BC51-4390-A039-3D8E6EA2A082@microsoft.com... >I started publisher for the first ...

Outlook Users
how do i allow different Users to access Outlook at startup? I have two Users on the same Laptop and Outlook starts up without the option of choosing a User. Thank you, "Brads" <Brads@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:844B7894-D54A-4093-BC4B-A0B817D4C311@microsoft.com... > how do i allow different Users to access Outlook at startup? > I have two Users on the same Laptop and Outlook starts up without the > option > of choosing a User. > Thank you, I'm presuming from this that you only have one Windows log-in on this laptop? The answer, un...

Creating a Campaign Response via Follow-up
When you create a new Task/Phone Call or other activity via the Follow-up tab, the new Activity is associated with the entity you are looking at. (so following up a Contact with a Phone Call will create a Phone Call which is associated with the Contact) This is not the case for the Campaign Response activity - when you create a Campaign Response via the Follow-up tab, the Customer field (ie regarding) is left blank and hence not associated with anyone. Presumably this is a bug - anyone know if there is a hotfix for this? Kind Regards, Paul. ...

How can I list active OWA users
We have two front end Exchange servers running Exchange 2003. I need to list the active OWA connections on each server. What is the best way to do this? Thanks in advance MikeC MikeC <MikeC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have two front end Exchange servers running Exchange 2003. I need to list >the active OWA connections on each server. What is the best way to do this? Use WMI? -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm Don't send mail to this address mailto:h.pott@getronics.com Or to these, either: ma...

Users and Asset Data linked on Form
Hello everyone, I have two tables, one a Staff list and the other an Asset list extracted from seperate databases, the information in the tables has absolutely no common data, I have a form with the user name and other bits and pieces on from the staff list and also a drop down list of all asset numbers which I can then select the appropiate asset number from then, that asset number and other details I would like to be associated to that user. I have tried, I have done this in the past about 4 years ago but I cannot remember any of it! Any help would most appreciated Cheers David David, T...

VBA to call file based on date
Hello, I wonder if anyone can help me with a VBA routine to check for the presence of a specific file. The file is saved on a dialy basis in the format "userfile_run_YYYYMMDD.xls" i am seeking help with a vb code that will check if today or any specified days report is generated. i guess excel can use the date format to read the specified location for the file. Thank you in advance for your help. .....Coming from Where I'm from. Dim sFile As String sFile = Dir("C:myPath\userfile_run_" & Format(Date,"yyyymmdd") & ".xls") If s...

Creating a summary sheet
I have a spreadsheet that is about 200 rows down and 60 columns accross. I want to create a second summary tab that will pull over only certain columns from the "detail" sheet. As I update the detail sheet I want to also update the summary sheet - so far no problem, but if I add a new row in the detai sheet - how can I also add the same row in the summary sheet and only bring over columns I want on the summary sheet (the columns are not next to each other) Paste link does not insert the row in the summary sheet unless I drag the formulas - which I do not want to do. Is th...

Single option button
Is it possible to add a single option button for a customized field? In the settings section I can only find a Boolean type for this. Thanks in advance! Hi, No, the check box is not available in this version ans I did'nt heard in next too. Sylvie "Jytte Diederiks" wrote: > Is it possible to add a single option button for a > customized field? In the settings section I can only find > a Boolean type for this. > > Thanks in advance! > ...

Should be able to create recurring service activities
It would be nice to be able to create recurring service activities and appointments. We use the shared service calendar and other members of my team cannot see when i am carrying out the month end routine each month unless i manually create an appointment for it. It would be most helpful if you could create a recurring appointment or service activity within crm to save time each time you have the same activity. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree&q...

How? Default is current date, but user can edit if needed?
I want Start Date field to default to the current date, but allow the user to change it if needed. Start Date field has a format of Short Date with a mask __/__/__. The boss wants the field to default to the current date to eliminate keystrokes for the user. Scenario: User forgot to input data yesterday that must reflect yesterday's date. How can the field be formatted to allow the user to change the Start Date field if the field defaults to current date? When a field has a default value, it can be changed as you want. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele...

moving users to new cluster server
I would like to start migrating all my users about 400 mailboxes from one server with 1 storage group and 5 databases to a cluster server with 2 storage groups and 3 databases each. Should I go with the move mailbox method? What is the best way to do this? On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 09:28:13 -0800, "mcp" <none@none.com> wrote: >I would like to start migrating all my users about 400 mailboxes from one >server with 1 storage group and 5 databases to a cluster server with 2 >storage groups and 3 databases each. Should I go with the move mailbox >method? What is the ...

Cell format options are truncated
When you click on any cell and click to format it, tabs do not display properly. Are you editing the cell at the time? You may only see the Font tab if that's the case. Make sure you're not in edit mode before you click on Format|Cells... maria.garciavelazquez@gmail.com wrote: > > When you click on any cell and click to format it, tabs do not display > properly. -- Dave Peterson ...

SOP Invoice: Custom footer based on logged in user or customer cla
I've been asked to determine if its possible to conditionally print footers on SOP Invoices to indicate the contact info of the person responsible for the client company. I was looking at either using the current logged in user or the class of the customer to determine which info to include. Can anyone point me to a KB article or some other source that can show me how to do this? Unforunately the user-defined fields in the customer record have already been dedicated to something else. TIA! VinceV You can attach some VBA code to the report and use the RetrieveGlobals.dll supplie...

how to create emails with sound when opening
how to create emails with sound when opening Buster <Buster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how to create emails with sound when opening http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/addingsound.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

Urgent
Win XP HE, XL 2002 SP3 Hi, I am doing a rush presentation and am stuck...! Under Tools|Options| Chart tab, the otion to "Plot empty cells as: Not plotted" is grayed out. Yet, that is precisely what I need to do. How can I fix that? I have other charts where the optin is available. What am I doing wrong? S I found out the following: I had an "area chart" which (by definition I guess) will build the area from "0". Changing it to a line chart, did the trick. S saturnin02 wrote: > Win XP HE, XL 2002 SP3 > Hi, > I am doing a rush presentation and am stuck...

create customize trendlines
How do you create customize trendlines (w/o doing any additional spreadsheet calculations)? For example, Excel gives you the option of plotting y=m(lnx)+b. I might like to plot y=m(logx)+b instead. Does anyone know any easy way to do this using the trendline option (I've seen graphing programs where you can edit existing curve fits or creat new ones.)? Thanks! ...

Using Access to create an appointment and add attendees
Hi i am using Access to create an appointment in outlook. I have the code for creating the appointment but i am struggling to add attendees. This is what i have so far; DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord Dim objOutlook As Outlook.Application Dim objAppt As Outlook.AppointmentItem Dim objRecurPattern As Outlook.RecurrencePattern Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set objAppt = objOutlook.CreateItem(olAppointmentItem) With objAppt .Start = Est_Finish_Date .Subject = Component ...

MS Access 2007 User permissions
How can I restrict some users accessing specific forms/tables? Since 2007 removed user level security; how can 2007 handle this? It cannot be done for tables. For forms you can roll your own security by integrating with Windows login username. But since the users can get to the table that would store this information, it isn't 100% foolproof. The alternative is to code each form with specific permissions for each user. To get the Windows login credentials, see: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0008.htm -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.acces...

Messages apparently delivered to wrong users mailbox
I'm stumped on this one. I user received a message that was to another user (a spam message actually) but when I look at the headers on both messages, I can't figure out why it ended up in the non addressed to users mailbox. If it was a BCC or something I would expect the headers to have the address of the mistaken user in there copy somewhere. Message tracking shows that the message was delivered to both recipients, and that it was to both of them too... Can anyone educate me as to what is going on here? Thanks One of the recipients was a BCC. Please do yourself a favor and rea...

Creating new company
I am trying to create a new company (I already have Fabricom installed). During the creation of the company - the Program crashes as "Create Company Information". I am running GP 10 on a standalone XP machine. I just need to create a couple more test companies, but it is becoming a challenge. The Fabricom works fine - but I would like a test company with a different set of data. "microsoft dynamics GP has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the the inconveneince" Thanks Hi NFP, Have you registered your installation of GP? Have installed ...

Outlook 2002
Office XP sp3 (Outlook 2002) non Exchange I have a network user who cannot create an appointment in his Outlook Calendar. In Day/Week/Month view, you can type in an appointment, but within a few seconds of hitting Enter, the label disappears and nothing more appears to happen. The monthly calendar shows bold, indicating an appointment for the date, and trying to enter another appointment on the same time on the same day generates a warning that there is an existing appointment. However there is no visible sign of the appointment. Now this is not an exchange setup, but the user has a ro...

Properties on multiple users
I hope this is a basic question. I would like to set delivery restrictions on a large number of users. I can do them 1 at a time using Active Directory. Can I set this property on multiple users? More info: Ex2003 running on W2K servers. Domain controllers are W2K. Specifically I would like to stop students at a school sending messages to each other (Accept messages from Anyone except Student-Group). Any help appreciated. Take a look at ADModify from: ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/PSS/Tools/Exchange%20Support%20Tools/ADModify/ -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com...