OLE Notes - GP 10.0

Does anyone know why I am not seeing the OLE notes button in the customer
card note attachment window?

Thanks!

Craig
0
Craig1 (222)

Craig,

Make sure that the OLE objects Path is defined in your DEX.ini.

Regards,
--
Mohammad R. Daoud
MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS

"Craig" wrote:

> Does anyone know why I am not seeing the OLE notes button in the customer
> card note attachment window?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Craig
Yes, the path has been specified.

Thanks!

"Mohammad R. Daoud" wrote:

> Craig,
>
> Make sure that the OLE objects Path is defined in your DEX.ini.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Mohammad R. Daoud
> MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS
> Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85
> Great Package For Business Solutions
> daoudm@greatpbs.com
> http://www.greatpbs.com
> http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/
>

> "Craig" wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know why I am not seeing the OLE notes button in the customer
> > card note attachment window?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Craig
0
Craig1 (222)
4/1/2009 6:56:01 PM
Meaning that it is specified now and it works?  Or did you mean that it
already was but still doesn't show?

Also another thing to note is that each workstation have the ole path
pointed to the same location - a shared network drive.  Otherwise you won't
share the same ole notes which i'm sure you want to happen.

Also, looking at the code if you don't have the OLENotePath line in your
dex.ini at all, the system should prompt you to go find it.  Perhaps you
should delete the line if you have one and it still isn't working and let
the system prompt you to find it.

patrick
dev support

"Craig" <Craig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Yes, the path has been specified.
>
> Thanks!
>

> "Mohammad R. Daoud" wrote:
>
>> Craig,
>>
>> Make sure that the OLE objects Path is defined in your DEX.ini.
>>
>> Regards,
>> --
>> Mohammad R. Daoud
>> MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS
>> Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85
>> Great Package For Business Solutions
>> daoudm@greatpbs.com
>> http://www.greatpbs.com
>> http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/
>>

>> "Craig" wrote:
>>
>> > Does anyone know why I am not seeing the OLE notes button in the
>> > customer
>> > card note attachment window?
>> >
>> > Thanks!
>> >
>> > Craig

0
prot1 (1345)
4/2/2009 3:12:48 AM
Pointing a path for a  Worksatation does not work means if Person A is using
Terminal ONE and saving OLEs and then person B who is using TERMINAL 2 tries
to access the OLEs, he won't. Now let's we have SQL Server where GP DB is
installed and then we point the  OLEs' path for both Terminals to that
Server i.e. \\server\...................... it does not work.

Going back setting individual OLEs will work only for the local users of
that Workstation which is not good.

>>> http://www.greatpbs.com
>>> http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/

0
viol-8-r (108)
4/2/2009 3:29:39 PM
No, still not working. The problem seems to be with the UNC path I am using.
I have access to this folder, but when I use it for the OLE notes, the
paperclip does not show up. Any ideas? This is on a clustered server.

Thanks again!

Craig

"Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:

> Meaning that it is specified now and it works?  Or did you mean that it
> already was but still doesn't show?
>
> Also another thing to note is that each workstation have the ole path
> pointed to the same location - a shared network drive.  Otherwise you won't
> share the same ole notes which i'm sure you want to happen.
>
> Also, looking at the code if you don't have the OLENotePath line in your
> dex.ini at all, the system should prompt you to go find it.  Perhaps you
> should delete the line if you have one and it still isn't working and let
> the system prompt you to find it.
>
> patrick
> dev support

> "Craig" <Craig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yes, the path has been specified.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >

> > "Mohammad R. Daoud" wrote:
> >
> >> Craig,
> >>
> >> Make sure that the OLE objects Path is defined in your DEX.ini.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> --
> >> Mohammad R. Daoud
> >> MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS
> >> Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85
> >> Great Package For Business Solutions
> >> daoudm@greatpbs.com
> >> http://www.greatpbs.com
> >> http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/

0
Craig1 (222)
4/2/2009 9:29:01 PM
Craig,

This may be due to 2 issues:

1. Invalid OLE key in your DEX.INI file. Make sure your OLEPath is set to
\\some_server\some_share\ as follows:

OLEPath=\\some_server\some_share\

2. Corrupt Dexterity Shared Components. You may need to download and install
the latest Dexterity Shared Components for your Dynamics GP installation.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Craig" wrote:

> No, still not working. The problem seems to be with the UNC path I am using.
> I have access to this folder, but when I use it for the OLE notes, the
> paperclip does not show up. Any ideas? This is on a clustered server.
>
> Thanks again!
>
> Craig
>

> "Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:
>
> > Meaning that it is specified now and it works?  Or did you mean that it
> > already was but still doesn't show?
> >
> > Also another thing to note is that each workstation have the ole path
> > pointed to the same location - a shared network drive.  Otherwise you won't
> > share the same ole notes which i'm sure you want to happen.
> >
> > Also, looking at the code if you don't have the OLENotePath line in your
> > dex.ini at all, the system should prompt you to go find it.  Perhaps you
> > should delete the line if you have one and it still isn't working and let
> > the system prompt you to find it.
> >
> > patrick
> > dev support
> >
> > --
> >

> > "Craig" <Craig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Yes, the path has been specified.
> > >
> > > Thanks!

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
4/2/2009 10:22:01 PM
> 1. Invalid OLE key in your DEX.INI file. Make sure your OLEPath is set to
> \\some_server\some_share\ as follows:
>
> OLEPath=\\some_server\some_share\

Be careful when using a UNC path for OLEPath.  I had a lot of trouble when
trying to set this up and eventually just went to a mapped drive.  According
to http://dynamicsconfessions.blogspot.com/2008/12/dexini-switches.html it
is possible to use a UNC path, but you must pre-create the company
directories for it to work.

0
marck1 (28)
4/13/2009 2:11:16 PM
I have tried all possibilities and it does not work at all. I have tried
mapped Drive and also UNC path by pre-creating the directories. No luck

The last thing left is to try to install the latest Dexterity Components.

"Marc K" <marck@example.com> wrote in message
>> 1. Invalid OLE key in your DEX.INI file. Make sure your OLEPath is set to
>> \\some_server\some_share\ as follows:
>>
>> OLEPath=\\some_server\some_share\
>
> Be careful when using a UNC path for OLEPath.  I had a lot of trouble when
> trying to set this up and eventually just went to a mapped drive.
> According to
> http://dynamicsconfessions.blogspot.com/2008/12/dexini-switches.html it is
> possible to use a UNC path, but you must pre-create the company
> directories for it to work.

1
viol-8-r (108)

GP 10.0 Fresh Installation
I am trying to install GP 10.0 Trial Version on my laptop. Once when I tried half-way through the installation I had to abort installation. Subsequently after uninstalling all the installed component I restarted installation. Pre-requisite component installation window appears and installs Dextrity components. Next when I try installation using Autorun.inf file I get error "Installation Failed". If I try invoking Setup.exe directly nothing happens. Can someone help me? Hi pvravindran If this is a French Canadian Installation, I would recommend you contact Strophe (www.strop...

Upgrading to 9.0 on Windows Server 2003 64bit Edition
We are upgrading from 7.0 to 9.0. We have new SQL Servers on which we will perform the upgrade and move into production once complete replacing our existing servers. These SQL Servers are running Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition. When attempting to install either GP v7.0 or v7.5 the error message "The image file ...\CDSetup.exe is valid, but is for a machine type other than the current machine." is presented and the installation script will not initialize. Is it possible to install GP 7.0 or 7.5 on the 64bit version of Windows Server 2003 or must we install the 32 bit v...

Reg: Tracking emails into MS CRM3.0
Hi Just now I installed MS CRM 3.0 desktop outlook client in my system. I am unable to track more than 1 email into CRM at a time from my Outlook inbox. Is there any way to track more than 1 email into CRM? please let me know......... Thx in advance. Anil V no, you can only do one at a time. If you need to track a lot of e-mail, you should investigate the CRM Exchange Router which will automatically post e-mail for you. Dave Ireland "Anil Kumar V" <AnilKumarV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E965A49-5558-4D7E-836F-A80092F57F30@microsoft.com... > Hi ...

Help with SQL Query 06-30-10
We have a distinct list of email addresses in alpha order and we need to transform it from a single column into a grid of three columns maintaining the alpha order. The list is contained in a temp table inside of our query. We then use the temp table list and perform case statement with a mod on the row_number in a select statement to columnze the data. However, the columnar data contains a null value in two of the three columns and we are needing to remove the nulls and have the actual values on each row in the output. Here is our current sql: CREATE TABLE #tmpTable ( Email_Add...

ZIP codes beginning with 0
I'm having trouble getting ZIP codes beginning with 0 to stick, even when specifying ZIP code in the format category type. No matter what I do, the initial 0 always gets dropped. Advice? Thanks. Hi Peter.......... Either pre-format your cells as TEXT, or enter a leading apostrophe before entering the number with the leading 0........the apostrophe won't show, it only forces TEXT formatting on that cell.......... Vaya con Dios,] Chuck, CABGx3 "Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2ab7001c46836$3382cf70$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I&...

CRM3.0 Question on Activity
Hello, I am using CRM3.0. I have the following case. 1. Create Campaign 2. Add contact to campaign list 3. Create Campaign activity - Phone call 4. Distribute activity 5. CRM User will make phone call 6. When contact is interest, CRM user will make a "Free Trail" for contact. I am having troble in step 6. So far as I know, I have two choices for "Free Trail". A) Service Activity If I choose to create a service activity, then I can not link up the service activity with the campaign or phone call. B) Appointment If I choose appointment, I can set "regarding"...

MS CRM 3.0 Small B. ed. modules
We have installed Small business server on one computer with all requirements fullfilled. The problem is: we have available only 3 of 5 (or 6) modules: service, settings and workplace. The other 2 - marketing and sales (wich we consider to be the most important) are not available (we can't see them). Does anybody know how to solve the problem? Thank you! Hello, may be i have a solution for you. You have to check the other modules in the following menu: - startpage of CRM - extra - options (--> a new page will be shown) Then click on workplace: there you can...

Historical Stock Status As of Date
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00A5_01C8845C.ADFC9B50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, I'd like to know whether anyone has encountered an issue wherein the As = of Date that is printed in the Historical Stock Status Detailed by Item = does not follow the date as indicated in the report options screen. = Currently we are trying to print the said report but no matter what date = we put in, the As of Date that prints on the report is set to 30 Jan = 2008. Is there anything that we...

sync outlook and entourage tasks 02-12-10
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Is it possible to record a task in outlook and have it show up in entourage, and vice versa...? On 2/12/10 2:29 PM, in article 59bb2be3.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "cccryer@officeformac.com" <cccryer@officeformac.com> wrote: > Exchange Is it possible to record a task in outlook and have it show up in > entourage, and vice versa...? Entourage for EWS: Notes and Tasks don't sync? <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2010/01/entourage_for_ews_notes_and_ta...

Running Office 2004 with network homes on 10.4
Hi. Im really at the end of my tether with office now, for well over a year it seems as though no matter what I do office just behaves like a spoilt brat. Were talking 10-20 minute load times just to load an office app. It will sit there and first it say configuring microsoft office components. then through a host of other things until eventually as i said about 20 minutes later it will actually open. I've seen things about fonts before, but i can tell its not just (if at all) this. I have a reasonably fast network, so i cant see how it is network issues. All clients have networ...

IF Statement 02-17-10
The statement below is working good. I need to add a statement to the end that all other numbers will be 200%. Can someone help, please. =(IF(G6=20,"110%",(IF(G6=25,"110%",(IF(G6=50,"110%") Thank you Tina Try this nut note a couple of things, There are no a lot less parenthesis, yo had too many Ive removed the quites from the percent answers. Format your formula cell as percent with as many or as few decimal places as you want If the formula works for you then that's fine but it 'could' produce unwanted results. For example ...

CRM Certification 10-25-06
I'm wanting to get certified for "Installing and Configuring CRM 3.0" (exam MB2-421), but I can't seem to find ANY info on the Microsoft site, nor can I find training materials. Am I missing something? Any ideas where I can get more info on this exam? -- Brandon ================== Presentations Direct - http://www.presentationsdirect.com > Binding Machines http://www.presentationsdirect.com/binding-machines/gbc-binding-machines.asp > Laminators http://www.presentationsdirect.com/laminators/gbc-laminators.asp > Paper Shredders http://www.p...

Formula question 03-03-10
I am trying to complete the following. In s141 i have a drop list with 'yes' and 'no' as possiblities. In x141 i have a drop list with 3 possible choices, .02 , .04 , or .08 g141 is the originating cell p159 is the answer cell. if s141 remains empty or has 'no' chosen from the drop list i need p159 to remain blank, however if 'yes' is in s141 then i need the answer from g141 multiplied by .02 or .04 or .08 (which ever one is chosen from the drop list in x141) to be displayed in p159. Can anybody help? Thanks in advance. Scoob...

Lebans tooltip control 10-28-07
I am trying to use the tooltip control on a form with a tab control, on which are the other controls I want to show information for. On controls that are outside the tab control, it works fine; on controls inside the tab control, the tooltip shows on text boxes only when they have the focus, and on check boxes not at all. I've tried every naming scheme for controls I can think of, without any luck. Anybody have any ideas about this??? Is it the same problem as using a subform???? I am using ACCESS 2003 -- Jack Walsh ...

MS POS 1.0 Install error...
Im using XP PRO SP2 ..net 1.1 installed MS SQLServer installed When i try and install MS Point of Sale 1.0 , i get this error message at the end of the install, when it says "Installing and configuring database" ------Error Message------ System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo) at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start() at Microsoft.Rms.Installation.CustomActions.Utilities.OpenSqlPortInFirewall(String installPath, String portNumber, String& errorMessage...

Locating Outlook Notes Files
I had a computer windows clash. The hard drive has to be reformated in order for my computer tostart the windows agian. Fortunately, I had another hard drive, and I switched my old hard drive to new hard drive, installed Windows in my new hard drive, and manage to start the computer again. Now I could go to F: drive (which used to be my C: drive), and save all my important files to my current C: drive (new hard drive with fresh new Windows installation). This way, I could save a lot of Excel, Access, and Word files. However, I had many important Outlook Notes in my original hard drive, an...

CRM 4.0 Terminal Services support
I have read through the CRM 4.0 planning guide and the "what's new in CRM 4.0" partner guide, and see very little mention of Terminal Services support for the client Outlook 2003/2007 CRM Plugin. One example in the Planning Guide page 4-63 shows a "Terminal Server, Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook" in "Domain B - Forest Y". There also appears to be a discrepancy between these two guides in support for Windows 2000 SP4 - the what's new page 2-11 specifically says it is supported, and the planning guide page 3-29 specifically says it is not. Is t...

CListCtrl InsertColumn(0, "L", LVCFMT_RIGHT)?
Hi, The CListCtrl doesn't appear to like the first column to be aligned non-left. Why? By inserting the first column with InsertColumn(1, "L", LVCFMT_RIGHT), it does show it right aligned. But what if there are columns already? Should I delete and reinsert them all? "Olaf van der Spek" <Olaf@XCC.TMFWeb.NL> wrote in message news:%23K2rr8LLFHA.2716@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > The CListCtrl doesn't appear to like the first column to be aligned > non-left. Why? > By inserting the first column with InsertColumn(1, "L", LVCFMT_R...

test 04-22-10
;lgplfoblgh^p-bvof Your test worked, but your spell check didn't. Test Newsgroup: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.test.here -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "claire labrecque" <clabreque@videotron.ca> wrote in message news:ur%23FbEd4KHA.5324@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > ;lgplfoblgh^p-bvof ...

test103 10-02-07
test This is the body of the article ...

pivot table 05-01-10
I have data on two worksheet and i want to analize data by consolidate them togeter.How can i use pivot table? -- meihua meihua;950632 Wrote: > I have data on two worksheet and i want to analize data by consolidate > them > togeter.How can i use pivot table? > > -- > meihua Option 1. Yes, you can use mutliple sheets connected to single pivot. choose, Multiple consolidation ranges option in Pivot table and Pivot Chart Wizard - step 1 of 3. Option 2. It is better to get the all data into single sheet and use pivot. thanks bala --...

Excel 2003 02-04-10
I have version 2003 of excel and love hot keys... Often at work I have to format rows and columns to others nearby.. I have tried to figure out the hotkey for the format painter and cannot it would help out tremendously... So does anyone know the hotkey to copy the formatting of other cells and paste the format to others? Well, you could try Ctrl+c (copy) Alt+est (Paste special - format) If you recorded a macro, this is exactly the same as what the format painter does. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "mma...

how to generate xsd for sqlxml 3.0
Hi guys, How to generate this xsd schema below for SqlXml <?xml version="1.0" ?> <Schema xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-data" xmlns:dt="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:datatypes" xmlns:sql="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-sql"> <ElementType name="Employee" sql:relation="Employees" > <AttributeType name="EmpID" /> <AttributeType name="FName" /> <AttributeType name="LName" /> <attribute type="EmpID" sql:field="EmployeeID&q...

Print Item Number Ole object on Sales Order Processing reports
Would like the ability to print an Item Number Ole object on my SOP reports. For example, go to Transactions, Sales, Sales Transaction Entry. In the Sales Transaction Entry window, enter an Order for an Item. Click the Item Number Note button. Once you are in the Note window, click the paperclip button to add an Ole Object. In the OLE Container window, click Edit, and then click Insert New Object. In the next widow click Create from File. This is where you will attach an existing object (such as an image or text file). Close the window and save your changes. Click Attach to atta...