Office Smart Tag Manager #2

I'm trying to install the server part of the OSTM, but it's telling me it
won't install because either SQL Server or GP 10 is not installed. They both
are, and are both to the latest service packs.

Any ideas?
0
jpCBS (51)

I looked at the log created when starting the OSTM install, and it gives me
this for the Great Plains part:

(02)      STR      IsGPSInstalledHere, Line: 30
(02)      END      IsGPSInstalledHere, Line: 63
(02)      STR      BOOLToString, Line: 14
(02)      END      BOOLToString, Line: 24
(01)      MSG      Name     = Microsoft Great Plains
(01)      MSG      Installed= FALSE
(01)      MSG      Version  =

Apparently, it is missing seeing my GP 10 install somehow. My v10 install is
even in the default location (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\GP)

Anyone know what it's looking for and not seeing?

Thanks,
JP

"jp@CBS" wrote:

> I'm trying to install the server part of the OSTM, but it's telling me it
> won't install because either SQL Server or GP 10 is not installed. They both
> are, and are both to the latest service packs.
>
> Any ideas?
0
jpCBS (51)
8/13/2008 1:54:17 PM
SETUPCheck your registry for the GP entries in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Business Solutions\Great
Plains\1033\DEFAULT\

If you have any instances, make sure the path for each one in the registry
is also valid:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Business Solutions\Great
Plains\1033\Instance Names

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"jp@CBS" wrote:

> I looked at the log created when starting the OSTM install, and it gives me
> this for the Great Plains part:
>
> (02)      STR      IsGPSInstalledHere, Line: 30
> (02)      END      IsGPSInstalledHere, Line: 63
> (02)      STR      BOOLToString, Line: 14
> (02)      END      BOOLToString, Line: 24
> (01)      MSG      Name     = Microsoft Great Plains
> (01)      MSG      Installed= FALSE
> (01)      MSG      Version  =
>
> Apparently, it is missing seeing my GP 10 install somehow. My v10 install is
> even in the default location (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\GP)
>
> Anyone know what it's looking for and not seeing?
>
> Thanks,
> JP
>
> "jp@CBS" wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to install the server part of the OSTM, but it's telling me it
> > won't install because either SQL Server or GP 10 is not installed. They both
> > are, and are both to the latest service packs.
> >
> > Any ideas?
0
MarianoGomez (3440)

sorting and protection #2
Hi folks, Anyone know of a way I can prevent people selecting a whole column when they sort? the problem is that when people do this the surnames become separated from the first names. I realise this can be overcome by clicking in a cell rather than selecting a column, so I wolud like to make selecting more than 1 cell for a sort impossible. To compound matters I cannot protect the whole sheet as people need to put in info. Help! Many thanks, Danny I think it's more of a training issue. But for the most part, I try to make sure I select my complete range (all the columns...

Received/Not Invoiced #2
Has anybody come across a situation where the Smartlist>>Purchase Orders>>Received Purchase Orders would not show a PO that had a valid Receiving against it without an Invoice. It is a Blanket PO and was received against the right line on the PO - however both open lines of the same item on the PO show as Released and the Smartlist only shows Received status PO's. The odder thing is it does show up on the PO Analysis>>Received/Not Invoiced report. Anybody come across this before. Thanks Was the PO manually closed? That would be a reason the receipt doesn't ap...

IMAP4SVC does not start #2
I have MS Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003. After last power outage IMAP4SVC does not work. Microsoft IMAP4 service sown as STARTED in services, but Virtual IMAP4 server in System Manager is down. When I'm trying to start it I see the message, that IMAP server shows specific error and can not be started. There is a Warning in Event Log with Source: IMAP4SVC and Event ID: 1036 "An error occured while starting the Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 Service: server instance number 1 failed to start with error 0x36b7" Please advise, thank you, Gary Uber ...

Chart automation #2
I have a spredsheet that keeps track of a number of sales items for every month. These sales numbers are also used for the sources in a chart that will give me a visual picture of what is going on. So, if the spreadsheet has numbers in A1 to C3, the source will be A1:C3 Each month I will add a new row to the spreadsheet for the new set of numbers. Then in the chart I will have to manually change the source to A1:C4 and so on for each new month. Is there a way to automatically have the chart to know that there is a new row in the spreadsheet and automaically add that new row to the so...

Convert number into words #2
Hi, Can any one help me to convert numeric into words (without Currency USD, EURO, just words), e. g., 15,015.27 Fifteen thousand fifteen and twenty seven only Rgds Blackwar Blackwar, have a look here for how to do it, http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Blackwar" <Blackwar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C81ED27F-49A4-40A6-91E5-5ED1A9...

Outlook synchronization error #2
Good evening, we are using Outlook 2003 and MS exchange 2003 with all the patches and updates. We are having this reoccurring problem with a number of users. So far we have tried the following: rebuilt the profiles, the database as well as the OST with no luck. The message mentioned under "Synchronizing local changes in folder 'Conflicts' appears actually in the inbox! The link provided with the error takes you to the Microsoft support site and there is no solution there. We will be very grateful if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this. Here is the error: 20:14:15 ...

Replacing our Server running W2K AS/Exchange 5.5 with our 2 new servers running W2K3S.
Our current network has one of the server running Windows 2000 Advance Server with Active Directory and Exchange Server 5.5 installed on it. We are about to replaced them with two servers, one running Windows Server 2003 with Active Directory and acting as the Domain Controller and the other one also is running W2kS3 with Exchange Server 2003 installed on it. These 2 new servers are running on a private network and our plan is to unplug the current server (W2K AS with Exchange Server 5.5) and replace them with the new 2 servers. We have tested the 2 servers and are working fine, but our conce...

stacked bar charts #2
I'm trying to compare timeliness performance across several different courts. I have data showing me how many cases are completed in each court in intervals such as 0- 35 days, 36-71 days... I want to be able to stack this info vertically for each court, giving a total of 100% of cases completed for each court. Then I want to be able to compare the courts horizontally so I can see, for example, which courts are clearing large %'s of very old cases, or very young cases. Suggestions welcome. ...

Smart list source tables
I'm using smartlist builder to create custom smartlists. It sure would be easier if I knew what tables teh "canned" smartlists used or could pull up a * canned smartlist and edit it as my own including adding additional tables to join. With soooo many tables in GP It is not a simple task to use the right one instead of the "close but no cigar" table. Any table indexing would help. Hi Vacations If you go on customer source you can downlaod some smartlists, that can be imported with smartlist builder. They are listed for version 8 of GP but they will work on 9 a...

Manager Error 'Bad File name or Number'
I keep getting this message on one of my machines when I try to open manager. Admin and POS both open and operate fine. I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice to no avail. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks. Open Administrator and go to File/Configuration. Check the Paths and Templates Tabs - you probably have an invalid path or filename in one of those fields. If you are using files shared on the network, you may not have permission to access the files or folders. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ----------------------...

send email #2
Can Excel automaticly send an email message to an adress contained in a cell when another cell contains the specific text? see www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "gall" <gall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6224A2FB-B9EF-4599-ACF9-31B485269F17@microsoft.com... > Can Excel automaticly send an email message to an > adress contained in a cell when another cell contains the specific text? > > ...

Office 2000 SR-1 Installer prevents the opening of an Excel file
I have Office 2000 running XP Pro -- when I click on an Excel file, I get the Windows Installer asking me to insert the Office SR-1 disk which I no longer have inmy possession. This just started after three happy years of using Office 2000. How can I return to opening my Excel files? Hi you probably need these CDs. If you have lost them you may ask Microsoft's support to send them anew -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Archiex" <Archiex@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:56BFF412-9D09-4739-9DAC-4BC80467A3B7@microsoft.com... > I have O...

Custom border problem #2
Having difficulty creating a custom border around a text box in Publisher 2000. After seleccting the graphic to use, we get the message that Publisher cannot open the file. It is not a question of file complexity or on a network as we see the same message no matter where the source. The account in question is a limited account, which we are assured, has managed to create custom borders in the past. I tried making a border in the admin account and it works OK which would suggest it is a question of permissions, but why should be so and why did it work once but no longer? TIA TWK Can ...

Unable to install KB943290 patch to upgrade Works 9 to Office 2007
When I try to install this: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=04446BAB-F439-4DB8-856B-2DE7234F22A0&displaylang=en I get a message that reads: The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available. Insert the 'Microsoft Works' disc and click OK. However, Works 9 came preinstalled on my HP TouchSmart 600. Can anyone provide a solution? "Ira" <Ira@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C8BACA1-3395-4A4C-A2E1-20FB81D0BE9A@microsoft.com... > When I try to install this: ...

Hide Address List #2
I have create an address list of contacts in the ESM. I have granted full control to the following: Domain Admins Enterprise Admins Exchange Domain Servers SYSTEM As a member of the Domain Admins group, I am able to see the address list as well as list its contents in Outlook. When I log in on a test workstation with a test user, I am still able to see the list but not list its contents in Outlook. The test user is a member of only the Domain Users group. What more must I do to prevent the address list from even showing up in the list of address lists in Outlook for the test use...

Great Plains and SQL Replication #2
Does anyone know anyone who is using One Way Transactional Replication with Great Plains? We don't need standby, we need Read Only at a different location than where GP is running. Thanks. Contact me at 512.347.9399x109 Also - Here is a White Paper on GP and SQL 2000 Replication. Officially, Replication of any type is not supported and the "resource" who wrote this white paper is no longer available. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;329185&Product=sql Here is some information from a Microsoft Consultant on One-Way Transactional Replicati...

Assertion error #2
void CJeevanDlg::OnFileOpen() { // TODO: Add your command handler code here int count=0; char buffer[10000]; CString str;str="jeev"; CFileDialog dlg(true,".txt","jeevan"); int x= dlg.DoModal(); str=dlg.GetFileName(); if(!f.Open(str,CFile::modeRead)) CJeevanDlg::OnCancel(); f.Read(buffer,sizeof(buffer)); int p=f.GetLength(); UpdateData(false); buffer[p]=NULL; m_value=buffer[p]; m_ctrl.SetWindowText(buffer); } The error that occurs is that the dialog that is launched using CFileDialog is giving a assertion when i press the cancel button. ...

Windows mail #2
The full picture shows up in the body of an e-mail as well as the paper clip attachment. what can i do to stop this I don't think you can., but you'll need to check in the microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail newsgroup to be sure. (this newsgroup is for outlook.) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.C...

Moving Transactions #2
Is there a way to move transactions up or down in a list? When I import my account information and have many transaction on the same date, sorting by date, I would like to be able to list those transation in a particular order. Let's say on 4/5 I had 3 transactions a withdrawal, a deposit, and another withdrawal imported in that order. Is there a way to move the deposit up in the list to be the first transaction for that day? In microsoft.public.money, lumaduc wrote: >Is there a way to move transactions up or down in a list? When I import my >account information and have m...

Adding email Accounts #2
Does anyone know how to set up accounts for yahoo or hotmail in Outlook XP? For Hotmail, select the account type as http. For Yahoo, see their help files online. You must be using their paid service to use it in Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Sandy asked: | Does anyone know how to set up accounts for yahoo or | hotmail in Outlook XP? ...

2nd Exchange 2003 Server install failed during setup. PLEASE HELP! #2
I received the following error message in the middle of the second Exchange2003 setup.during Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration setup "Setup failed while Creating Active Directory objects for Microsoft Exchange Server-Level Objects (error 0x80072030: There is no such object on the server" . In event viewer i have: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSetup Event Category: Microsoft Exchange Setup Event ID: 1002 Date: 15/09/2005 Time: 12.04.11 User: N/A Computer: MAILTEST Description: Exchange Server component Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration Serv...

How can I get "Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1 Disc 2" for chang .xls .
I am tring to convert exel data ".xls to jpg" in order to convert the file I need to have" Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1 Disc 2". I have purchased microsoft office 2003 proffessional. Did you have Office 2000 previously? Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "susan" <susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF001A7A-723F-4008-AC19-6BBA7EE2E6ED@microsoft.com... >...

Viewing office2003 docs in Office 2007
Dear all, I am using Office 2007 Professional Edition on Windows 7 Home Premium. I have many documents created in Office 2003 and Open office which i am not able to open in Office 2007. I downloaded the Microsoft compatability pack -fileformatConverters.exe but the installation returned an error - "Another version of this procuct is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue." Please help Thanks in advance Avinash The compatibility pack is for those that have an earlier version of Office and are trying to view files created in 2007 format...

#5.2.3 error code
the error code is abc.domain.com #5.2.3 abc.domain.com is sender side server does it mean that the email is restricted at sender side server, not recipient side server? Thanks a lot. tony http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Tony WONG" <x34@netvigator.com> wrote in message news:eswLeFpmKHA.5612@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > the error code is > abc.domain.com #5.2.3 > > abc.domain.com is sender side server > > does it mean ...

Custom Installation for Office Mac 2004
I'm new to Mac and just purchased a new iMac and ordered Office 2004 Student Edition. Does anyone know if I can just install Excel? That is all I really need. From reading these boards, it sound like since I use Office 2007 at work and Office XP at home any files on the Mac are not yet compatible with my pc versions? Also, I ordered my iMac with 2gb of RAM. Will this run Excel smoothly? I have no intention of installing boot camp or parallels. I didn't even want the Office, but I need excel. Thanks in advance. In article <1178731018.848237.170190@n59g2000hsh.googlegroups.co...