Obsolete / inactive items available to sales / inventory processin

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a way to disallow obsolete/inactive items from being
available for selection on sales orders?

Thanks,

--
Jim Bourque
0

Two steps:  first, in Setup->Sales->Sales Order Processing->Options, uncheck
the option to allow sale of discontinued items.  Second, mark those items
Discontinued in the Item Card.

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP

For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at
http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"Jim B" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know of a way to disallow obsolete/inactive items from being
> available for selection on sales orders?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Jim Bourque
0
info4071 (3005)

item quantity in SOP lookup
During item lookup in SOP Trx Entry, quantity available should be readily available. I was told this was available in prior versions... can this be brought back? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/Ne...

Outlook 2003 indicates unread items at Win XP login
Underneath the Windows XP login icon is a meassage that indicates that I have 10 unread messages. After loggin in and going to Outlook 2003 - i do not see any unread messages.... This is an ugrade from Office XP to 2003. Any ides of how to correct this reporting error? ...

How do I format text as a bulleted item in Excel? Is it possible?
It's a manual effort. You can use Insert|Symbol (if you're using xl2002+) or copy the bullet you want from CharMap. (Windows start button|charmap). You'll have to select that character in the formulabar and change the font to what you want. Chip Pearson has an addin that may help (if you're using xl2k or lower). http://www.cpearson.com/excel/download.htm (look for Symbolizer and make sure you get the correct version) DRB wrote: -- Dave Peterson Dave Peterson <petersod@verizonXSPAM.net> wrote in news:43062E62.984DE524@verizonXSPAM.net: > Or with: http://...

Transfer Inventory Out "Standard"
I really would like to get rid of the "Standard" option in the Transfer Type drop down on the header of a new Transfer Inventory Out. It is causing a lot of problems with users thinking they are transferring to another location. Inventory is vanishing! I have tried to work security on it but security only works on the entire drop down. How do I modify the types? ...

Duplicate detection option not available for certain views?
I came across a restriction for duplicate detection that I can't find any information on. I'm not sure if there is a setting I can change to allow this or not but basically if I bring up any entity with an associated contact view (for example bring up a company and look at the associated contacts) and then try to run duplicate detection against those contacts and choose the option for "All Records on All Pages" I get the following message: This option is not available for the current view. Select a different Duplicate Detection option and try again. So then I select...

Create set based on column items feature in Pivot Tables 2010
I have a pivot table created in 2010 that I would like to use the 'create sets' feature in. However it is not enabled. The three 'sets' features are disabled as are the OLAP tools / What if analysis options on the Pivot Table options ribbon. What am i missing??? Cheers Julie Okay, found the problem - for 2010 the sets are only allowable for OLAP based Pivot Tables. :( On Nov 23, 10:16=A0am, jigsaw <jul...@consultant.com> wrote: > I have a pivot table created in 2010 that I would like to use the > 'create sets' feature in. =A0However it is not enabled....

Attaching a 2 item list to a cell / drop-down?
Hi, they say a pic is worth a 1000 works. pls take a look http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/1113/981/1600/Exel%20table%20for%20rates.jpg I want my users to see how the cost of an audio conference depending o different varialbles (# of phones lines, etc). In the picture I wan them to choose the country, which - somehow - populates the rate in th next cell "rate per minute" and then I can do the rest of th calculations. But the main thing is simply connecting a list to a drop-down cell??.. etc TIA E -- Enrique Mahech -----------------------------------------------------------...

Duplicate Messages in both Inbox and Sent Items
Hi all, I have installed Outlook 2003. When I send and receive I get duplicates of each message. I am using only one personal profile.pst file. I have four sub folders in both the Inox and Sent items, but in each case I transfer the message into the subfolder manually as they are sent or received. Havent got into automatic mode yet! Please help. Tripping the Lights Fantastic, Seabee "Seabee" <Seabee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24582DBE-68CB-44AD-B7CD-53B322E8DF38@microsoft.com... > I have installed Outlook 2003. When I send and r...

Promotion price on related item
Hi all Is it possible to do this in RMS? When customer buy 1 unit of item A (say one pack of plastic cups) they are entitled to buy 1 unit of item B (say one pack of straws) at discounted price ? regards, Joie Not easily though standard RMS. If you wish we have a promotion module that will do that. If you wish to know more contact me. Afshin Alikhani - afshin@retailrealm.co.uk Retail Realm = = = = = = = = = "Joie" <Joie.hadi.nata.tan@gmail.com> wrote in message news:OjPJ37EwJHA.5452@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi all > > Is it possible to do this in RMS? &g...

CRM button not available in Word mail merge templates
Hi all, I've got a weird situation in a 4.0 CRM deployment where users are unable to create mail merge templates in Word because the CRM button does not appear in the menu bars unter mailings or add-ins. Is there a way to force this add-in to Word? Or could something be blocking the add-in for everyone? This affects all users in the deployment and they are all using Office 2007. Thanks Rob all i can say is to close the outlook and then try to do it from web client and inform us. ------ Aamir Blog = http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/ Hi Aamir, thanks for the response -- no go in ...

An unofficial FAQ for this newsgroup is available at http://umpmfaq.info. The source FAQ was last updated Saturday, June 26, 2004. You may save yourself and those willing to spend their time helping you both time and hassle by consulting this resource before posting what may already be a FAQ. The unofficial FAQ answers 140 of the most frequently asked questions in this newsgroup. Likewise, a comprehensive archive of this newsgroup is available at http://groups.google.com. Click on Advanced Groups Search; there you should specify newsgroup microsoft.public.money and some search terms you consi...

Inventory Values Copied from Old into New Items
Guys, When I use the Copy function to create new items from older items, the invenory values are carried over. In other words, the On Hand, Committed... field values under the Inventory tab are the same as the source item. Now, this cannot be correct behaviour, since a new item is independent onto its own, with its inventory quantities totally unrelated to the item from which it was originally copied. Anybody has come across this before? How can I set this right? Thanks, This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0053_01C92EF5.0E1EBB10 Content-Type: text/plai...

Inventory Snapshot of All Stores for a Specific Day
We need a detailed report of all the items we had in inventory in all our stores as of March 31st. Is there any way to specify a date/date range in a snapshot or item value list report? Is there a special report we could create to display this information? Thank you for any help you may be willing to offer. Nope, You need to take the report on the day it is needed because all the info in reports is current. In order to back date you need to take a current report and adjust it with an item movement report between the date you are looking for and today. -- Jeff Faul Merchants Solu...

Manufacturing order from sales order
All of my company's manufactured items are set to Silent MO generation. We are seeing that MO are not getting generated randomly for some sales lines at time although there is no inventory. If so, I would like a way to generate the missing MO on a sales order basis rather than go to each line on the sales order and generate the MO there. We have hundreds of lines on sales orders and at times, this can be very difficult. You can go to the MOP/SOP Link window via the Transactions menu, enter the Item Number and Site ID, and then either attach a back order quantity to an existing M...

Named Printers should be available for the Manufacturing module
Currently the Named Printers functionality is not available for the Manufacturing series. Named Printers would be very useful in a manufacturing environment, for instance allowing a picklist to print to a warehouse printer without having to manually change the printer every time. -- BrianB ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web...

An additional quantity of "1" of an item is purchased
Hello: A GP 10.0 Mfg client is seeing in purchasing reports where an additional receipt of a quantity of "1" for an item is being received. This quantity is in addition to the quantity that the client ordered through purchasing. Is Manufacturing MRP generating this order for this additional quantity? That's my only guess. The only other area of Manufacturing that I an think of where an additional quantity could be generated is in the Fixed Quantity field in Bill of Materials. But, that field is showing 0. Are there any other setups that I need to look at to determine ...

Option to have the Allow Sales Documents Commitments Default as Ma
Customer would like the 'Allow Sales Documents Commitments' option default as marked in Purchase Order Entry. I used modifier to check the box automatically after a po number is entered. Robert "anonymous" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0531B8B-BBA4-4B7D-8BF8-C27B851929BC@microsoft.com... > Customer would like the 'Allow Sales Documents Commitments' option default > as > marked in Purchase Order Entry. ...

Great Plains 9.0 MRP Setup for Purchased Items
We are setting up MRP in Great Plains 9.0 and have tested an MRP Full Generation for a 'Buy' Item and the MRP Exception Report shows an order type "MPO" with a message of "Release is past due". We were expecting an exception message related to Purchasing and to either cut the PO or expedite it. We've made sure that the item is set up as a 'Buy' item - are there other parameters that need to be set for this exception message to relate to purchasing? ...

Document Collaboration Companion (DCC) availability
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I am in the middle of deploying a trial of sharepoint server 2007 but am going to hold off until I see what DCC is like. 25% of my users are mac users and also I am going to have an internet facing site where it will be mac or pc users. Is there any new dates as far as the beta for DCC coming out? I would love to test. There's $55k in it for Microsoft by me paying for not only sharepoint and cals and the additional Sharepoint Internet Server :) bfiskrobot@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating Sy...

Historical Inventory Report
I saw this question posted in May and was unable to get my newsreader to pull the data from that far back. (I used the same heading as the pervious thread that that was posted on 5/19 - 5/23) If some one can repost the the query and report I would apperciate it. I belive it was Ahmed Nashat that came up with a solution and report to address this question. Thanks in advance, -- Thomas Eubank System Administrator Statewide Beverage LLC. Thomas, I cannot remember what Ahmed posted previously, but I can tell you that we have a report (not active or crystal) that we built that will rollba...

Problem Removing Item
Hi I'm new to VB.Net and I'm wondering if there is any function available that will remove a troll called Paul Clement (MVP) from the VB6 newsgroup? Mike Mike Williams wrote: > Hi > > I'm new to VB.Net and I'm wondering if there is any function available > that will remove a troll called Paul Clement (MVP) from the VB6 newsgroup? > > Mike > > It's called a Message Filter a feature in all NG readers that you can use to killfile a poster in a NG so that you don't see the posts from the poster. "Mr. Arnold&qu...

Shortcut to Outlook Item does not work
Greetings! Within an email, if I choose insert | item, and then find an item in a public folder, choosing "Shortcut", the item appears as a shortcut, but after I send the email, the shortcut does not work, even if I try to open it. - Double Clicking the item does nothing. - On the Right click menu, "Open Message Object" is not available. I know that I can use the Hyperlink method described at Slipstick: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/links.htm What I want to do, strangely enough, is use the method that would appear to be built into the product. Any help is ap...

Paste Multiple items
Currently I use a macro to highlight the selected row on a Price List and then a 2nd macro (different macros for pricing levels) to paste selected info from that row to another worksheet(Quote). I would like to be able to select multiple items and add them all in on go. I am a bit of a novice and would appreciate some help. Thanks -- AJM1949 are you copying the entire row to the other sheet, or just a certain number of columns from the rows you've selected. if you're copying the entire row, you may be able to use this macro, which copies the selected rows to column A of anoth...

Sales Process 03-29-06
Can we just have our Sales folks advance the stage in the sales process and have that action complete the activities that are in that stage? The Sales Director thinks that having his folks go in through each activity to advance a sales stage is cumbersome and would like to allow Sales to advance sales stages automatically closing the activities that are associated with that sales stage. I wont say I am a full bottle on this one, but my memory says that there is a change stage or something along those lines in the actions menu. Try using that and see if that helps. In any case, cant they...

SFO (Sales for Outlook) failing to install.
Hello all, I am having a heck of a time trying to get Sales for Outlook working. I have read many post about similar problems but I have not been able to find something that will work for me. NOTE: all testing/installing was done with the same domain user which is a local admin. I was able to install SFO once on my computer but it would not sync. In my attempts to fix it I got to the point where I felt a re-install was needed. I tried to uninstall it and the uninstall failed. So here I was, now not able to install or uninstall. Here's what I did to clean the system: 1) Uninstalle...