Number display

The Credit card number of receivables transactions do not show up in the
following places.
1. Smart list - after you insert the credit cared number column in the
favourites

2. Reports of check book(I have configured my credit cards as check books).

Please give me a solution for the above. Would also like to know of any
other report which shows the credit card numbers of receivables transactions.

Thanks

0
jdavidyy (45)

------=_NextPart_000_0061_01C5AD57.CBCDCF70

Carl,

Did you try the Check Number column in SmartList?  I just did a quick test
and it looks like that will return the credit card number.

--
Victoria Yudin
Microsoft MVP - Great Plains

  "CarlG" <jdavidyy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
  The Credit card number of receivables transactions do not show up in the
  following places.
  1. Smart list - after you insert the credit cared number column in the
  favourites

  2. Reports of check book(I have configured my credit cards as check
books).

  Please give me a solution for the above. Would also like to know of any
  other report which shows the credit card numbers of receivables
transactions.

  Thanks

------=_NextPart_000_0061_01C5AD57.CBCDCF70

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana>Carl, </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana>Did you try the Check Number column in =
SmartList?&nbsp;=20
I just did a quick test and it looks like that will return the credit =
card=20
number.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana></FONT><BR><FONT face=3DVerdana>-- =
<BR>Victoria=20
Yudin<BR>Microsoft MVP - Great Plains</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"CarlG" &lt;<A=20
  href=3D"mailto:jdavidyy@yahoo.com">jdavidyy@yahoo.com</A>&gt; wrote in =
message=20
  <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:E011A9BF-01DA-4602-9B1A-F14B7761A540@microsoft.com">news:E01=
1A9BF-01DA-4602-9B1A-F14B7761A540@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>The=20
  Credit card number of receivables transactions do not show up in the=20
  <BR>following places.<BR>1. Smart list - after you insert the credit =
cared=20
  number column in the <BR>favourites<BR><BR>2. Reports of check book(I =
have=20
  configured my credit cards as check books).<BR><BR>Please give me a =
solution=20
  for the above. Would also like to know of any <BR>other report which =
shows the=20
  credit card numbers of receivables=20
transactions.<BR><BR>Thanks<BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0061_01C5AD57.CBCDCF70--

0
victoria (3340)
8/30/2005 3:41:44 PM
Victoria,

Thanks. It does display certain details in the Check number column. But
after some research found out that this column displays only those details of
credit card/ check numbers entered in GP through Cash Receipts transaction in
Sales.

We are also posting receipts through Transactions --> Sales --> Transaction
Entry. Credit card numbers and check numbers entered in the small pop up
windows were credit card details are picked up are not displayed in the smart
list colum mentioned above. Any way of bringing these also out in the smart
list?

Thanks

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> Carl,
>
> Did you try the Check Number column in SmartList?  I just did a quick test
> and it looks like that will return the credit card number.
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Microsoft MVP - Great Plains
>

>   "CarlG" <jdavidyy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>   The Credit card number of receivables transactions do not show up in the
>   following places.
>   1. Smart list - after you insert the credit cared number column in the
>   favourites
>
>   2. Reports of check book(I have configured my credit cards as check
> books).
>
>   Please give me a solution for the above. Would also like to know of any
>   other report which shows the credit card numbers of receivables
> transactions.
>
>   Thanks

0
jdavidyy (45)

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C5ADF6.EF325360

Carl,

You didn't mention what version of GP you're using...I just tested this on
GP 8.0 SP 2 - I still see the credit card number under check number no
matter how I enter the transaction - as a Cash Receipt, as part of
Receivables Transaction Entry or as part of a Sales Order Processing
Transaction.

Maybe you looking for this on the original sales transaction?  If you enter
the credit card payment as part of a Receivables Trx or SOP Trx, you will
not see the check number on the original sale transaction because GP
actually creates a separate Payment record for the payment received.  For
example: if you enter an invoice for $500 and a credit card payment for $250
on the same transaction window, then post them, GP will create two records
under the customer: one SLS record for $500 and another PMT record for $250.
if you look at the PMT record in SmartList, the credit card number will be
in the Check Number field.

I personally think this is a bug - not a huge one, but credit card numbers
shouldn't be showing up under check numbers when there is a field called
credit card number.  If you have the time, you could start a support
incident with Microsoft to log this as a bug.  Just my 2 cents.

--

  "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

  > Carl,
  >
  > Did you try the Check Number column in SmartList?  I just did a quick
test
  > and it looks like that will return the credit card number.
  >
  > --
  > Victoria Yudin
  > Microsoft MVP - Great Plains
  >

  >   "CarlG" <jdavidyy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
  >   The Credit card number of receivables transactions do not show up in
the
  >   following places.
  >   1. Smart list - after you insert the credit cared number column in the
  >   favourites
  >
  >   2. Reports of check book(I have configured my credit cards as check
  > books).
  >
  >   Please give me a solution for the above. Would also like to know of
any
  >   other report which shows the credit card numbers of receivables
  > transactions.
  >
  >   Thanks

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C5ADF6.EF325360

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana>Carl,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana>You didn't mention what version of GP you're =
using...I=20
just tested this on GP 8.0 SP 2 - I still see the credit card number =
under check=20
number no matter how I enter the transaction - as a Cash Receipt, as =
part of=20
Receivables Transaction Entry or as part of a Sales Order Processing=20
Transaction.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana>Maybe you looking for this on the original =
sales=20
transaction?&nbsp;&nbsp;If you enter the credit card payment as part of =
a=20
Receivables Trx or SOP Trx, you will not see the check number on the =
original=20
sale transaction&nbsp;because GP actually creates a separate Payment =
record for=20
the payment received.&nbsp; For example: if you enter an invoice =
for&nbsp;$500=20
and a credit card payment&nbsp;for $250 on the&nbsp;same transaction =
window,=20
then post them,&nbsp;GP will create&nbsp;two records under the customer: =
one=20
SLS&nbsp;record for $500 and another PMT record for $250.&nbsp; if you =
look at=20
the PMT record in SmartList, the credit card number will be in the Check =
Number=20
field.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana>I personally think this is a bug - not a huge =
one, but=20
credit card numbers shouldn't be showing up under check numbers when =
there is a=20
field called credit card number.&nbsp; If you have the time, you could =
start a=20
support incident with Microsoft to log this as a bug.&nbsp; Just my 2=20
cents.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR><FONT face=3DVerdana>-- <BR>Victoria Yudin<BR>Microsoft MVP - =
Great=20
Plains</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"CarlG" &lt;<A=20
  href=3D"mailto:jdavidyy@yahoo.com">jdavidyy@yahoo.com</A>&gt; wrote in =
message=20
  <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:106F80E9-0676-4B9C-8DF9-66AE9807BB7E@microsoft.com">news:106=
F80E9-0676-4B9C-8DF9-66AE9807BB7E@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>Victoria,<BR>=
<BR>Thanks.=20
  It does display certain details in the Check number column. But =
<BR>after some=20
  research found out that this column displays only those details of =
<BR>credit=20
  card/ check numbers entered in GP through Cash Receipts transaction in =

  <BR>Sales. <BR><BR>We are also posting receipts through Transactions =
--&gt;=20
  Sales --&gt; Transaction <BR>Entry. Credit card numbers and check =
numbers=20
  entered in the small pop up <BR>windows were credit card details are =
picked up=20
  are not displayed in the smart <BR>list colum mentioned above. Any way =
of=20
  bringing these also out in the smart <BR>list?<BR><BR>Thanks=20
  <BR><BR><BR><BR>"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:<BR><BR>&gt; Carl,<BR>&gt; =
<BR>&gt; Did=20
  you try the Check Number column in SmartList?&nbsp; I just did a quick =
test=20
  <BR>&gt; and it looks like that will return the credit card =
number.<BR>&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt; -- <BR>&gt; Victoria Yudin<BR>&gt; Microsoft MVP - Great=20
  Plains<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; "CarlG" &lt;<A=20
  href=3D"mailto:jdavidyy@yahoo.com">jdavidyy@yahoo.com</A>&gt; wrote in =
message=20
  <BR>&gt; <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:E011A9BF-01DA-4602-9B1A-F14B7761A540@microsoft.com">news:E01=
1A9BF-01DA-4602-9B1A-F14B7761A540@microsoft.com</A>...<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;=20
  The Credit card number of receivables transactions do not show up in=20
  the<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; following places.<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; 1. Smart =
list -=20
  after you insert the credit cared number column in =
the<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  favourites<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; 2. Reports of check book(I =
have=20
  configured my credit cards as check <BR>&gt; books).<BR>&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Please give me a solution for the above. Would =
also like=20
  to know of any<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; other report which shows the credit =
card=20
  numbers of receivables <BR>&gt; transactions.<BR>&gt; =
<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  Thanks<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C5ADF6.EF325360--

0
victoria (3340)
8/31/2005 10:40:53 AM
We are using GP 7.50g3, Dexterity 7.50m003, Smartlist 7.50.3. Does what you
mentioned work on this version?

Thanks

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> [...]
>   > Victoria Yudin
>   > Microsoft MVP - Great Plains
>   >
>   >
>   >   "CarlG" <jdavidyy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>   > news:E011A9BF-01DA-4602-9B1A-F14B7761A540@microsoft.com...
>   >   The Credit card number of receivables transactions do not show up in
> the
>   >   following places.
>   >   1. Smart list - after you insert the credit cared number column in the
>   >   favourites
>   >
>   >   2. Reports of check book(I have configured my credit cards as check
>   > books).
>   >
>   >   Please give me a solution for the above. Would also like to know of
> any
>   >   other report which shows the credit card numbers of receivables

0
jdavidyy (45)

------=_NextPart_000_0050_01C5AE34.093F4140

Carl,

I don't have a way to test this on that particular version of GP 7.5, since
that's completely no SP and they're up to SP 7.  I do know that there were
several SmartList fixes in the service packs, so if you can, I would look to
upgrade.  In the meantime, have you actually tried looking up the payment
records associated with your sales transactions to see if the credit card
number shows up in SmartList?

--

  "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> [...]
  >   >   2. Reports of check book(I have configured my credit cards as
check
  >   > books).
  >   >
  >   >   Please give me a solution for the above. Would also like to know
of
  > any
  >   >   other report which shows the credit card numbers of receivables
  >   > transactions.
  >   >
  >   >   Thanks
  >   >
  >   >

------=_NextPart_000_0050_01C5AE34.093F4140

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana>Carl,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana>I don't have a way to test this on that =
particular=20
version of GP 7.5, since that's completely no SP and they're up to SP =
7.&nbsp; I=20
do know that there were several SmartList fixes in the service packs, so =
if you=20
can, I would look to upgrade.&nbsp; In the meantime, have you actually =
tried=20
looking up the payment records associated with your sales transactions =
to see if=20
the credit card number shows up in SmartList?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR><FONT face=3DVerdana>-- <BR>Victoria Yudin<BR>Microsoft MVP - =
Great=20
Plains</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"CarlG" &lt;<A=20
  href=3D"mailto:jdavidyy@yahoo.com">jdavidyy@yahoo.com</A>&gt; wrote in =
message=20
  <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:7FDF7E56-CD52-49F1-82F2-54EACC266B88@microsoft.com">news:7FD=
F7E56-CD52-49F1-82F2-54EACC266B88@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>We=20
  are using GP 7.50g3, Dexterity 7.50m003, Smartlist 7.50.3. Does what =
you=20
  <BR>mentioned work on this version?<BR><BR>Thanks<BR><BR><BR>"Victoria =
[MVP]"=20
  wrote:<BR><BR>&gt; Carl,<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; You didn't mention what =
version of=20
  GP you're using...I just tested this on <BR>&gt; GP 8.0 SP 2 - I still =
see the=20
  credit card number under check number no <BR>&gt; matter how I enter =
the=20
  transaction - as a Cash Receipt, as part of <BR>&gt; Receivables =
Transaction=20
  Entry or as part of a Sales Order Processing <BR>&gt; =
Transaction.<BR>&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt; Maybe you looking for this on the original sales =
transaction?&nbsp;=20
  If you enter <BR>&gt; the credit card payment as part of a Receivables =
Trx or=20
  SOP Trx, you will <BR>&gt; not see the check number on the original =
sale=20
  transaction because GP <BR>&gt; actually creates a separate Payment =
record for=20
  the payment received.&nbsp; For <BR>&gt; example: if you enter an =
invoice for=20
  $500 and a credit card payment for $250 <BR>&gt; on the same =
transaction=20
  window, then post them, GP will create two records <BR>&gt; under the=20
  customer: one SLS record for $500 and another PMT record for $250. =
<BR>&gt; if=20
  you look at the PMT record in SmartList, the credit card number will =
be=20
  <BR>&gt; in the Check Number field.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; I personally =
think this=20
  is a bug - not a huge one, but credit card numbers <BR>&gt; shouldn't =
be=20
  showing up under check numbers when there is a field called <BR>&gt; =
credit=20
  card number.&nbsp; If you have the time, you could start a support =
<BR>&gt;=20
  incident with Microsoft to log this as a bug.&nbsp; Just my 2 =
cents.<BR>&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt; -- <BR>&gt; Victoria Yudin<BR>&gt; Microsoft MVP - Great=20
  Plains<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; "CarlG" &lt;<A=20
  href=3D"mailto:jdavidyy@yahoo.com">jdavidyy@yahoo.com</A>&gt; wrote in =
message=20
  <BR>&gt; <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:106F80E9-0676-4B9C-8DF9-66AE9807BB7E@microsoft.com">news:106=
F80E9-0676-4B9C-8DF9-66AE9807BB7E@microsoft.com</A>...<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;=20
  Victoria,<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Thanks. It does display certain =
details=20
  in the Check number column. But<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; after some =
research found=20
  out that this column displays only those details <BR>&gt;=20
  of<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; credit card/ check numbers entered in GP =
through Cash=20
  Receipts transaction <BR>&gt; in<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Sales.<BR>&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; We are also posting receipts through Transactions =
--&gt;=20
  Sales --&gt; <BR>&gt; Transaction<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Entry. Credit =
card=20
  numbers and check numbers entered in the small pop =
up<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  windows were credit card details are picked up are not displayed in =
the=20
  <BR>&gt; smart<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; list colum mentioned above. Any way =
of=20
  bringing these also out in the <BR>&gt; smart<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  list?<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Thanks<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:<BR>&gt; =
<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;=20
  Carl,<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; Did you try =
the Check=20
  Number column in SmartList?&nbsp; I just did a quick <BR>&gt;=20
  test<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; and it looks like that will return the =
credit=20
  card number.<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; --=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; Victoria Yudin<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; =
Microsoft=20
  MVP - Great Plains<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; "CarlG" &lt;<A=20
  href=3D"mailto:jdavidyy@yahoo.com">jdavidyy@yahoo.com</A>&gt; wrote in =

  message<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:E011A9BF-01DA-4602-9B1A-F14B7761A540@microsoft.com">news:E01=
1A9BF-01DA-4602-9B1A-F14B7761A540@microsoft.com</A>...<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;=20
  &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; The Credit card number of receivables transactions do =
not=20
  show up in <BR>&gt; the<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; following =

  places.<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; 1. Smart list - after you =
insert=20
  the credit cared number column in the<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  favourites<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; 2.=20
  Reports of check book(I have configured my credit cards as=20
  check<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; books).<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Please give me a solution =
for the=20
  above. Would also like to know of <BR>&gt; any<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; other report which shows the credit card numbers of=20
  receivables<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; transactions.<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; =

  &gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Thanks<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; <BR>&gt;</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0050_01C5AE34.093F4140--

0
victoria (3340)

Change of recipient/sender display name
Hi All, Environment :- Windows 2003 x64 with exchange 2007 (All in one role) Outlook client :- 2003, 2007 We have created a list of mail contacts (which under GAL) in exchange 2007, these mail contacts are associates with external email address, each of contact has a naming standard for display name, for example, display name is HD Finance Manager, external email address is fin_manager@hdemea.com I want to configure outlook client to show the display name according to mail contacts whenever the email address is match to mail contacts list (GAL), for example, an email sent from the email a...

Payroll Batch Number
Is it possible to obtain the batch number of a transaction after it has been posted? I have been asked to create a report for our payroll department that lists the batch number in addition to the transaction detail that is contained in UPR30300. Thank you, Jeff Majchrzak No, the batch number is not available for reporting. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Jeff Majchrzak" wrote: > Is it possible to obtain the batch number of a transaction after it has been > posted? I have been asked to create a report for our payroll department that > lists the bat...

Auto formatting features: How do I align page numbers in publicati
I've got a problem with my publication. I can't align even page numbers to the left without automatic moving the odd numbers to the left as well? Can someone help me? Cissy99 wrote: > I've got a problem with my publication. I can't align even page numbers to > the left without automatic moving the odd numbers to the left as well? Can > someone help me? You need to create a two-page master rather than a one-page master. What version of Publisher are you running? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

How to display Total Item Quantity on receipt and Status bar
I would like to print a total Quantity of items purchased on receipt and the status bar. I found a way of displaying them but the problem is that we use tag along items for alcohol tax . This tax differs based on alcohol content and size, example a 6 pk of beer has $0.20 tax plus sales tax, a 750 Ml a bottle of wine has $0.116 tax . If i ring up a 6pk or beer this would show up as 2 lines(line one name and price for beer , line two alcohol tax tag along item) on POS screen and the Total items and total QTY count shows as 2 when in reality only 1 item was sold. This gets even more conf...

Numbering Recurring Items #2
Hey all, Is it possible to number recurring items such as tasks and appointments? I have several recurring appointments for lectures, and would like to show them as "Lecture 1" in week/occurence 01, "Lecture 2" in week/occurance 2, etc. Thanks, Murdoc -- Murdoc ## ------------------------ "The journey of 1000 miles begins with a broken fan belt and a leaky tyre." "Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together." "If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." -Albert Einstein &...

Excel devides every number by 100
Even when I open a brand new file. I input a number (ie 5) and get 0.05 back. I have tried doing everything in cell format etc.. anyone have an idea? it is very annoying and adding loads of work to my project. thanks "=?Utf-8?B?a2luZ3M=?=" <kings@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:48A39EFC-2D09-420F-B2DF-6EF5C0DB6109@microsoft.com: > Even when I open a brand new file. I input a number (ie 5) > and get 0.05 back. I have tried doing everything in cell > format etc.. anyone have an idea? it is very annoying and > adding loads of work to my project. > ...

page numbering
I want to change the way the date appears in the footer and header. Currently the date is day/month/year. I want month/day/year. setting the date to a particular format is easy in a cell. How do I set the date format in the header and footer? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ jamessem, you could use a macro like this to do it Sub test() With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .LeftFooter = Format(Date, "mmmm dd, yyyy") End With End Sub ...

Getting same number to appear over and again
Hi. I'm trying to change the E's I have entered in a column to 1's. However, in lieu of changing them one by one, I would like to do them all in one fell swoop. Any suggestions? John Hi John You could use find and replace. Select all of your data. Goto Edit>Find Find what:- E Replace with:- 1 HTH Martin John Do NOT multipost. See your answer in Excel group. And do a google search for newsgroup etiquette!! John Do NOT multipost. See your answer in Excel group. And do a google search for newsgroup etiquette!! John Do NOT multipost. See your answer in Excel ...

Rounding actual results
Hi, I've got a grid that says: Hr Min Maths: 5 25 English: 7 25 And so on. I'm wanting to work out how much time is devoted to learning in the whole week. What I've got so far is: Hr Min Total learning time: =A1+A2... (counts up all totals in hours column) My current answer for hours is 18. I'm stuck with what to do with the minutes column. so far, I've got an ...

Serialisation
A general query Im serialising a person object with the following member variables Class Person Private _forenames As String Private _surname As String Private _dob As Date Private _marital_status As MaritalStatus 'Public Get and Set Properties here for each of the above ' I'll not detail them all to save space but Ill show attributes <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="forename")> _ <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="surname")> _ <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="dob"...

Repeat statements "x" number of times...
Hi All, I have the following code at the end of a long macro: Columns("D:D").Find(What:="total").Select ActiveCell.Offset(0, 4).Range("A1").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=Sum(RC[-1]-RC[-2])" ActiveCell.NumberFormat = "0.00" ActiveCell.Font.Bold = True With ActiveCell.Interior .ColorIndex = 6 End With What I am doing is when the word "total" appears, it will go to the cell 4 columns to the right, and then do a formula and format the cell. Question: How can I get this to repeat itself for eac...

Displaying time from 00:00 to 0.00
I want to do the opposite to what I have seen on the forums and convert time back to decimals ( I work on aspreadsheet but it has been passworded so I can't crack it. :) I want to be able to write (van out) (Van back in)(Total Van time) 7.25 11.25 4.00 Can anyone help me please ( or a way to crack passwords):cool: -- North for Short ------------------------------------------------------------------------ North for Short's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=22695 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthrea...

sort special text/numbers in format with many dots
Hi I need your help with sorting in Excel! I have mani Text fields with numbers into it. As example: 1 5.1 1.2 10.2.1 1.2.3 2 2.1.5 3 3.2.1.1 3.3.1.1.1 And it should sorted like this 1 1.2 1.2.3 2 2.1.5 3 3.2.1.1 3.3.1.1.1 5.1 10.2.1 How can I sort this like numbers? My problem is, that not all Numbers have the same format as x.x.x.x! And I can't change this Text-Fields to Numbers, because 10.6.1 looks the like 37052 :-( Any suggestions? Thx Marco Hi With your data in column A, insert a blank column at B. In B1 enter =IF(ISNUMBER(FIND(".",A1)),LEFT(A1,FIND(".&q...

How do I format cells to a specific number of digits?
I am trying to format a column so I can enter 5 digits only. It has between 5 and 7 digit numbers in it right now and I need to delete the remaining ones. It is about 350 numbers, so it would be a lot of work to go into each cell and delete the remaning numbers. Is therea way I can format the whole column to allow 5 digits? The same happened with letters. I had codes in it that consisted of numbers and letters and the client only wants the first two letters to remain. How can it be formatted so only 2 characters are allowed to keep me from having to enter each cell separately? Hi form...

Vendor Address ID should always be stored with Voucher Number
The Vendor Address ID should be stored in more places in the PM tables. This will make it easier to pull the correct address for reporting purposes. You should also be able to click into the Address ID field from the Payables Inquiry rather than having to go through the Vendor Inquiry. This will make it easier to look up what invoice was sent to what address. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the...

Number of selected shortcut files
Does anyone know of any function that can tell us number of shorcut files selected by a user on Windows Explorer. Hi, Based on my experience, there is no direct method. I suggest that you can perform the following steps to implement this functionality: 1. Use FindWindow to get the handle to Windows Explorer. 2. Call EnumChildWindows() to find the handle to ListView in the Windows Explorer. 3. Get CListCtrl from CListView. 4. Retrieve the selected listview items, and count the items whose type is Shortcut. Please feel free to let me know if you have any problems or concerns. Have a ni...

can Excel randomly sort numbers
I would like to sort numbers in a random sequence. How can I do that in Excel or any office application? "gasmith" <gasmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A905226-47EA-4EE3-BADE-E22A58A1C15E@microsoft.com... > I would like to sort numbers in a random sequence. How can I do that in > Excel or any office application? Yes. Assuming that your numbers are in column A, insert =Random() in column B. Drag this function downwads so that you have as many calls to Random as you have numbers to sort randomly. Select columns A and B Select Tools|Sort and sor...

Increase number of calendars which can be viewed in outlook
Does any one know how I can view 35 calenders at once side by side in outlook rather than the stipulated 30? ...

Help with summing numbers in cells that also contain text
Hello all, I have a work schedule where the column heading is the employee's name and the cells below indicate what the employee's status was for that date, as follows: col A col B Date Smith 01/01/07 8.0 SIC 01/02/07 4.0 SIC 01/03/07 D (indicating worked the day) 01/04/07 8.0 VAC TOTAL SIC Hrs: 12.0 I've tried extracting the numerical values into a hidden helper column "C" using the following formula: =IF(RIGHT(B2,3)="SIC",LEFT(B2,3),"") It extracts the correct value, how...

again: number a list
Hello there! I found a thread "number a list" (June 2nd.2006): >I have an excel ss of book and video titles. I would like to make one >column >the number corresponding to each title. Just a simple scheme like 1, 2, 3, >4, 5, etc... >How would I tell excel to put sequential numbers in a column? The problem was solved easy. But what can I do when I have empty rows? I entered free rows for better looking print result, unfortunately BEFORE >fill>series. Is there a formula, something like IF B1>0 fill A1? Thanks for help! Mike Mike, have a look here and see...

Masking Bank Acct Number on DD Earnings Statement
How can I mask the Bank Number and Bank Account Number to show only the last four digits on the Direct Deposit Earnings Statement? I have looked at the knowledge base article on masking the social security number and it is close, but not every employee has the same bank account number length. Some employees could have an account number length of 8 for their account and others could have 12. Thanks, Jocelyn Jocelyn, If you are a microsoft partner, You can also post your question in Dynamics GP Partner forum that might help you receive suggestions from others also http://social.m...

Can I scan a table with numbers in it into Excel?
Most scanners come with software that allows you to read the data into wordprocessors or spreadsheets. I wouldn't be too optimistic about the reliability, though, if the tables are not explicitly meant for character recognition. -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "lmc" <lmc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EFF205CF-3B01-48BF-8517-74C249F0A586@microsoft.com... > When I've done this, I just scanned into a *.txt file using the scanner's OCR software, and then read that into Excel in the normal manner. Simple tables w...

Business Card Numbering
Is there any way I can get publisher to auto number business cards on a single sheet from say 1 - 10, then 11 - 20, and so on? There is full information here: http://www.users.bigpond.com/auslandline/publisher/ If you need any further assistance don't hesitate to post back here. -- Yes, but not if you start with the Business Card wizard. Here's a technique which will allow anyone to number any size document. First, create a list of numbers in a format that Publisher can merge from. Publisher can handle most database formats, including text lists, but the easiest way is probabl...

QS2000 Auto-Increment Customer account number problem
I have a customer that is running QS2000, version 3.01N, and has for years had the option set in the INI file to auto-increment the account number when adding a new customer. Suddenly, a few weeks ago, the auto-increment stopped working and all the system will do now is try to assign the last new number that it assigned (and yes, it is assigned to a valid customer). I can't find anywhere in the tables where a "last new number used" is stored. I would appreciate any ideas on how to fix this so that it will start assigning the correct numbers again. I have already tried to repair ...