Notes attached to fields

We should have a 'pop-up' option for notes that are attached to records.  If
when the note is entered you check yes to pop-up, then every time the record
is entered either the  note should open in a pop-up window, or a standard
pop-up window indicating there is a note should appear to alert users.  The
theory that everyone will notice teh note field is darker with black lines
appears to be faulty.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=0975cc4f-4f75-4a4a-ba1e-cf98488231a7&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
Gunderson (1)

I worked with a system that did that, allowed notes to popup on request.
Everyone marked their notes to popup.  It got very annoying.

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"Bob Gunderson" wrote:

> We should have a 'pop-up' option for notes that are attached to records.  If
> when the note is entered you check yes to pop-up, then every time the record
> is entered either the  note should open in a pop-up window, or a standard
> pop-up window indicating there is a note should appear to alert users.  The
> theory that everyone will notice teh note field is darker with black lines
> appears to be faulty.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=0975cc4f-4f75-4a4a-ba1e-cf98488231a7&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
info4071 (3004)
10/20/2007 12:30:01 AM
What about windows like PO Entry that have like 7 notes per line (vendor,
currency, item, vendor item, location, etc etc)?  That's a lot of pop-up's.

patrick
developer support

"Bob Gunderson" <Bob Gunderson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We should have a 'pop-up' option for notes that are attached to records.
> If
> when the note is entered you check yes to pop-up, then every time the
> record
> is entered either the  note should open in a pop-up window, or a standard
> pop-up window indicating there is a note should appear to alert users.
> The
> theory that everyone will notice teh note field is darker with black lines
> appears to be faulty.
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=0975cc4f-4f75-4a4a-ba1e-cf98488231a7&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

0
prot1 (1345)
10/20/2007 2:31:09 AM
I agree with this - it's something that we've been asked by customers MANY
times.  Most often it's asked in the context of customers/vendors records
that need to be treated differently during invoicing/PO entry.

I think that while Richard and Patrick bring up good points for not having
notes pop up, it should still be an option that the users can choose.  The
default should be not to have the pop up and maybe special security access
should be needed to set a note to pop up, so users do not get pop up crazy.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Bob Gunderson" <Bob Gunderson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We should have a 'pop-up' option for notes that are attached to records.
> If
> when the note is entered you check yes to pop-up, then every time the
> record
> is entered either the  note should open in a pop-up window, or a standard
> pop-up window indicating there is a note should appear to alert users.
> The
> theory that everyone will notice teh note field is darker with black lines
> appears to be faulty.
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=0975cc4f-4f75-4a4a-ba1e-cf98488231a7&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

0
victoria (3340)

5 Fields Multiple Values
I have five fields that can contain either 1 or 0. Let's call them Fields A, B, C, D, E. I need to write a query that will select them if any of the Fields A-E = 0. Is there a better way than placing all variations of the five ones and zeros in the Criteria area of the query? -- Thanks As Always Rip I'm new at this, so take this with a grain of salt but.... Add them then filter anything <5? "Ripper" wrote: > I have five fields that can contain either 1 or 0. Let's call them Fields A, > B, C, D, E. > > I need to write a query ...

integration manager
I'm trying to access a section of a source XML file (exported from Perfect Commerce) from a field script in an Integration Manager mapping. The ContactValue field is repeated several times and I can only access the first instance using the path SourceFields("ContactList.ContactInfo.ContactValue") Is it possible to use the SourceFields object to get to the email and fax instances of the ContactInfo field? Is there some other way? <ContactList> <ContactInfo> <ContactValue>555-555-5555</ContactValue> <ContactType>phone</C...

Outlook attachment location #2
How can I set attachment location in VB or C# code so when code launches the OL, user clicks on File insert button, it opens the location/folder I set in code. Thanks ...

OL E-mails All Arriving with File Attachments
Four or five days ago, e-mails I receive on a regular basis started arriving in my box accompanied for the first time by .txt attachments containing the precise content of the e-mail itself. The report I receive from my state weather service every day, personal messages from friends, and commercial messages, none of which has ever included a file attachment before, all have started arriving with attachments. This is a waste of bandwith and space on my hard drive. Is there a way to stop the file attachments from coming? I've been opening each message and removing them, but wha...

CWebBrowser2: accessing field values
hi, I have a WebBrowser2 in my application, May I have access to the value of Form Fields in my application? I mean the value of Edit boxes, etc. thanks,e Behzad ...

Can I change how merge fields look in Publisher based on value?
I am creating a school directory and want to only display certain text based on the value of the data. For example, if a family has one child, I output the child's name, a hyphen and then the child's class. If there are 2 children, then I have a comma following the first child's information. This continues for as many children as there are. I can do this in Word using IF statements imbedded in curly braces {}. How can I do this in Publisher 2003? This article explains Publisher's data. You may have to stick with Word. Filter and sort data file entries during a mail...

How to auto fill a mileage field
I have a database for a medical transportation service. Here are therelevant tables and fields:Customer (table)- Last name, Town, Address, ectRuns (table)- Date, Time, Destination, Miles, ect.How do I programmatically fill in the miles field from a mileage grid.(excel spreadsheet) Example: Town: Dover Destination: Lakewood -Mileage=13 miles. Is it better to create a new table "mileage" inaccess or link to excel spreadsheet? Any help or a link to a solutionwould be welcomed.Anthony Daleo ajdaleo@comcast.net ajdaleo@comcast.net wrote:> I have a database for a medical transportation ...

Add comments in a phonecall automatically to the notes of the pare
Hi all, I need to implement the following functionality: When a new phonecall is made for a lead, the text that was entered in the desciptionfield of the phonecall, should be copied to the notes of the lead (so, a new note should be generated). For this moment, we can assume that the phonecall activity is obnly started from a lead. I know I have to insert some code in the on-save event of the phone call... But I don't know how to add a new note to the lead... Even adding the text to the desciption field of the lead would be sufficient for now... Who can help me? rgds, Ramon Hi R...

Calculating inventory w/ blank field results
I created an inventory query in Access 2007 much like the Northwind 2007 query, but the fields that are supposed to calculate a total are returning nothing at all. My SQL statements is: SELECT Products.Product_Name, [Quantity Produced]-[Quantity Shipped] AS [Qty On Hand], Nz([Quantity Shipped],0) AS [Qty Shipped], Nz([Quantity Allocated],0) AS [Qty Allocated], Nz([Quantity on Backorder],0) AS [Qty on Backorder], ([Quantity Produced]-[Quantity Shipped]-[Quantity Allocated]-[Quantity on Backorder]) AS [Qty Available], Nz([Quantity Produced],0) AS [Qty Produced] FROM (((Prod...

Populate field based on data returned from Control query
Need some assistance on this one - I have a form that requires either a manually entered ID number or to generate one sequentially. I already have the SQL written to manually increment the ID numbers, but am drawing a blank as to how to get the control to populate the field. For example, a person needs to be entered into the system and they have an existing university-issued ID number. The form allows manual entry of any ID. The functionality required is for the user to click a control (button) that grabs the next available ID from a table (it's actually a single row/column table that the...

Calculated Field of the Average+2*stddevp in pivot table
Hello, I have a pivot table that includes columns (fields) for Average and Stddevp. What I would like to do is include a new column ( Calculated Field ??) of the Average+2*stddevp or better yet =Percentile( variable name,.8). I cannot get these to happen. Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks, JB ...

oe has blocked access to attachment
oe has blocked access to the following unsafe attachments" Does anyone know what this is I am sending docs i know are mine and safe but are bring blockedVick Try posting next time in an Outlook Express group - this group supports Outlook from Microsoft Office. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer. Having said that, tools->options->security. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After sc...

Used to be able to attach range of labels to xy coordinates
used to be able to attach a range of text label w/ 1 to 1 correspondence to xy points - individual custom label for each point - I and others have "drawn" maps of entire states with all towns labled this way - poor man's GIS - maybe that was just good ole days of Lotus 123 v2.1 - any way as with all "improvements" from Microsoft comes increase complexity and loss of flexibility/capability to get simple things done - Excel 2007 sucks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for...

How do I count text fields?
I have a table which contains a text field where the value can be "PureABL" or "HYBRID" I want to be able to count how many records where the value of the text field is PureABL and how many where the value of the text field is Hybrid. I've created a query and used the Count function and put the two descriptions in the Criteria but I get a Data type mismatch error. Can some explain how I create a query where I can count text fields? Thanks Tony -- Why don't my grey cells communicate with each as fast as they used to? I hate getting old! Message pos...

Payroll tables, Year1 field value = 0
Hello, Can anybody tell me what would a YEAR1 value of 0 on payroll tables mean? Thanks. FB ...

Creating a template but the fields I want to add is not there.
The template that I need to create will require data from Entity A and Entity B. I can only select one entity when I create a table. Is there a way I can create a template gathering data from Entity A and Entity B? Can someone please help me? Thank you. Hi Mike, You can select data from another entity if the original source entity has a parent relationship to that entity such that a child record has a single parent record to pull fields from. So a Template regarding the 'Contact' entity would be able to use fields from the 'Company' entity due to the 'parentcus...

Attachments in Outlook Express #2
When I try to view an attachment here is the message I get. "This file doesn't have a program assicated with it for performing this action (opening attachment) create an association in My Computer by clicking view and clicking folder option." What the heck does that mean and how do I do this so I can view attachments. I am using Outlook Express 5. The reason I haven't downloaded Explorer 6 is I get all of these window boxes open in teh taskbar with nothing in them. When you click on them it does nothing but flash and travels to the right of my screen like it is falli...

How to add field to report from the bound table?
Hi, All I have report (data source is table) when i built report i selected specific fields as usual,now i need to update report and add one field which is in a bound table, but it wasn't selected initially, I set in the property window Control Ssource to a field in the table, but when i try to print report it shows "Enter Parameter Value" and show Table!FieldName. Please, help since report fields doesn't have this particular field How can i add field from the table (data source for the report)? First, the field you want to add must be in the table or query that is t...

Multiple attachments being sent
Hi, In outlook 2002, configued with a POP3 account. When sending emails with attachments the email sits in the Outbox and won't move to the sent items folder, meanwhile outlook is connected to the server trying to send the emails, which it is doing but for some reason the recipients of the emails recieive multiple copies of the email with the attachment and keeps recieving them until the email is deleted out of the outbox in Outlook. It doesn't even seem to matter what size the attachment is, small or large. I've searched all over the place but can't find anything, ...

Fields not showing on Report
I have a report based on a query. When I add the fields to the report, some of my fields don't produce data.???? -- dks Post the SQL of the query. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein does not constitute endorsement thereof. Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with no guarantee as to suitability. You can thank the FTC of the USA for making this disclaimer possible/necessar...

Several Yes/No Field
I am currently using Access 2003. I have several yes/no fields of staff-desired training requirements, whereby a yes/no is needed. Example: A yes or no for training needs in Excel, PowerPoint...I have already entered my staff informtion and checked the boxes of the training they need. In addition, I have grouped training needs (Form) e.g., Computer-Data Related Skills Sets, Leadership... How do I 1) Query all yes responses for e.g., Excel; eliminating 0 or Null 2) Total the number of Training Requirements - e.g., 30 folks want Excel training 3) Avoid that destination error I seriously...

Outlook keeps sending out emails that have attachments...
This has happened several times. If I send out an email, seems to be if the attach is over 1 meg, it will "get stuck" in the outbox. It will then continue to send out the email multiple times. today, it sent out over 100 times to several people. What causes this? How can I resolve this? Thanks Phil We're investigating this problem. What version of Outlook do you have? What sort (and how many) accounts? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Phillips" <Phillips*NOSPAM*@Re...

Calculated field showing extended qty's on SOP invoice
In GP9, is it possible to use a calculated field in Report Writer to show extended item qty's on the SOP blank invoice form? What I need is a field that equals 'Qty Invoiced" * "UOM'. My company needs the qty to be displayed as this - for ex: "2 (qty inv'd) * 480/case (UOM) = 960 (each). I'm sure someone has already solved this issue. Please respond. Thank you, Patti hello - I think i answered my own question. When I changed the field I was using in the calculated field from 'UOM' to 'Qty in Base UOM' - the calculation worked! T...

calculated field in new line sometimes gives an error
Strange... I have a form in datasheet view with 5 numerik fields. I added an extra calculated field to sum the 5 numerik fields. This all goes ok. The 5 fields have a default value of 0, so the "new line" row contains 5 zero's with are summed as 0. When entering a new line, the "new" new line that instantly appears gives an error on the calculated field (#Error). This does NOT always happen. Sometimes it does, sometimes it calculates 0 ???????? What might be causing this? -- Patrick Patrick, Sounds like you have a null in there from time to time....

Finding unique items in data field for pivot tables
I have a huge pivot table I'm trying to create and for a critical item I select I get the following message: A field in your data source has more unique items that can be used in a PivotTable. Microsoft Excel may not be able to create a PivotTable or may create the PivotTable without the data from this field. Any ideas how I can find the duplicates and create the PivotTable with this field? Hello- Based on the message, 'duplicates' is not your problem, *Unique* items is. Pivot tables are limited to 32,500 unique items per field. So if you're analyzing product sales, for...