Not being able to enter Purchases account for the entire receiving

On the latest service packs for GP 9.0, and now for 10.0 as well, end users
who receive in goods onto a purchase order for noninventoried items can no
longer click on the Distributions button at the bottom of the window to type
in accounts for Purchases.  Long story short, you have to click the expansion
arrow to the right of the line item and type in the account manually.
Otherwise, you get an error message.

A client that is new to 10.0 has voiced this concern, saying that it is
going to be a pain for her to have to type in the GL Purchases Account number
for every line item.  Putting in a default Purchases Account at the vendor
level is not an option, for this end user.

Microsoft says that this is a design change, as of a hotfix in GP 9.0 and
was put in place to make it easier to reconcile the Inventory subledger with
the General Ledger.

This client in on GP 10.0 with the latest hotfix.

Any workarounds?

Child, look further down the page for two more threads on this same
topic . . .

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

0
fhamelly1 (1404)
9/26/2008 12:50:55 AM
I don't see those threads, Frank.  What are their titles?

"Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP" wrote:

> Child, look further down the page for two more threads on this same
> topic . . .
>
> Frank Hamelly
> MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
> East Coast Dynamics
> www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

JE  Changing Account Distributions in GP 10  	   	Unanswered question
11 posts is one.  There's another one a few days earlier..something else
about distributions.

"SQL Programmer" wrote:

> I don't see those threads, Frank.  What are their titles?
>
> "Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP" wrote:
>
> > Child, look further down the page for two more threads on this same
> > topic . . .
> >
> > Frank Hamelly
> > MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
> > East Coast Dynamics
> > www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

0
AdamEckroth (110)
9/26/2008 4:12:01 AM
Here you go -

Purchasing Receiving Transaction Distribution     10 Cayman (6
authors) Sep 25
Changing Account Distributions in GP 10     11 MichaelG (6 authors)
Sep 25

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

0
fhamelly1 (1404)

Query Help : accounts which are not members of existing marketing list
Hey all, I have few marketing lists and having lot of accounts as members . Now i am interested to make a new marketing list with new members , which are not member of any of existing marketing list. Is there any way to see which accounts are not member of existing marketing list ? Thanks Aami Sure AAmi, Not within CRM but you can run this in the SQL Query Analyzer to find them: select * from accountbase A left join ListMemberBase L on A.accountid = L.entityID where L.entityID is null HTH, Dave Aami wrote: > Hey all, > > I have few marketing lists and having lot of accounts...

Purchase Order Printing
I'm trying to print a modified POP Purchase Order Blank Form to a printer and all that comes out are blank sheets. If I print to screen, I see the report as it should be. As soon as I send it to the printer, I just get blank sheets. The report works correctly on other computers, and I tried re-importing the report on the messed up computer, but it did not resolve the issue. If I just print a blank POP Purchase Order Blank Form to a printer, it prints fine...with X's in every available space in the form. I'm out of ideas, let me know what I can try. Thanks. ...

changing accounts for sent emails
I am using Outlook 2000 with my laptop. I receive and send email from two differents accounts. One is for work, the other is for personal email. The default send is for the work account. I know to change the send account using the options choice on the toolbar, however, I frequently forget to do that. Is there a way to either: 1) display the name of the from: account when composing the email (which I usually do with Microsoft Word) so that I can more easily remember to change the account or 2) associate some contacts preferentially with the non-default account (i.e. have one default accou...

IRA Account
How do you set up an IRA account in Money 2005 Small Business? I can't download my information from TIAA-CREF. In microsoft.public.money, BARBARA KOCH <BARBARA KOCH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do you set up an IRA account in Money 2005 Small Business? AccountList->AddANewAccount > I can't >download my information from TIAA-CREF. They don't seem to be on the list. ...

Multiple POP accounts in Outlook 2003
Hello, I have multiple POP accounts on my Outlook 2003 client. How do i setup Outlook to save mail from the multiple POP accounts to different folders so that it makes it easier for me to sort out my mail? TIA! //j you'll need to use rules... or use search folders configured for each account. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: ...

Mac Office 2004 Select Version & purchasing Office 2007
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3282203639_150809 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Hello, All through the Fall, our University advertised a deal from Microsoft similar to the Super Suite Deal wherein purchasing Microsoft Select Office 2004 Standard Mac for $75 would qualify one to purchase Mac Office 2008 for the $10 (just the S&H charges). Now they inform me that that Microsoft reneged (their word) on that deal and t...

Trying to configure two exchange accounts with Office 2007 and Exc
Hi, A few months ago at work we switched servers. We sent from the Exchange 2003 to 2007 and all computers had to be re-added to the domain. While we've had some problems here and there, there is one I have yet to solve. We have a computer running Vista, I think 32-bit, that we to configure two exchange accounts on. We use Office 2007 Enterprise edition. And while I can get both accounts working within the same view in Outlook 2007, I can't get them configured like I had before. One account is my own personal bus account and the other is a shared account. ...

Recent update 6/8
I recently updated Windows (6/8) and now one of my user accounts is locked. Running XP. I had to use restore after today's updates -- dlg "CowsyW" wrote: > I recently updated Windows (6/8) and now one of my user accounts is locked. > Running XP. ...

include/exclude email account in send/receive
Outlook 2000 had a setting wherein you could include or exclude an email in the send/receive process. I'm not seeing where that option is in Office Outlook 2003. If an certain email address that is listed in an email account setting doesn't exist the send/receive process fail entirely...for that one and all other accounts. This doesn't seem normal What do you mean if an "email address listed in an email account setting doesn't exist?" Clarify the problem you hare having. Automatic polling settings are in Tools > Send/Receive > Send/Receive Settings &g...

Transfer combined investment transactions to multiple new accounts
In Money 2005 Deluxe, I have an investment account (with related cash account) with about two years of transactions. This mutual fund account (TRP) uses a separate account number for each mutual fund holding so that when I upgraded to Money 2005 and set up on line services for this account it downloaded each mutual fund investment as a new account. I can't merge all of these duplicate accounts in Money as it only allows you to merge one time so I then transfered (using copy) all my investment transaction from the combined existing account to each of the new individual investment ac...

Purchase Book template
Dear Sir/Mam I want a template for Daily record of purchase item. Because of microsoft community member can give me best format. So i m requesting you. Thanks in advance. Rao Ratan Singh Rao Perhaps something at the MS Office Template Gallery will help. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT011377101033.aspx Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 21:33:03 -0800, Rao Ratan Singh <RaoRatanSingh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Dear Sir/Mam >I want a template for Daily record of purchase item. Because of microsoft >community member can give me best format. S...

People not receiving my mail
I send mail and the messages are in my sent folder; however, no one recevies the mail. I checked with the service provider and they say everything looks fine. I have removed and added the email several times. I used my laptop and the email works fine. What shall I do? Reinstall Outlook on my desktop? Does your ISP have a webmail feature that you can test? Log into it and send mail from there, do your recipients get it then? If not, the issue is at their end. Have they checked their junk mail folder? "Rebecca" <Rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Receiving duplicate emails 01-20-10
In Windows Live Mail I'm receiving the same emails over and over again. This only happens to my pop3 accounts in Windows Live. I've looked at the properties on both pop3 accounts and the "Leave message on server" box is unchecked. This problem just started within the past 36 hours. I delete the same ones when they come in each time but as the day goes on I'm receiving dozens and dozens of repeating emails as well new ones which then become repeaters. I've checked the emails on my server and they are not doubled or tripled, etc. HELP! Anyone have a solut...

Import outlook contacts as account
Hi All! Know about importing contacts and leads. Understand that can develop tool to convert comma-separated file into a set of accounts in CRM. But what about existing solution? Thanx for advance. Only existing tool would be the Data Migration Framework. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On 24 Jan 2005 07:10:40 -0800, "Andrey Ptashinskiy" <ptash@mail.ru> wrote: Hi All! Know about importing contacts and leads. Understand that can develop tool to convert comma-separated file into a set of account...

Bonus being charged to wrong account
When running Bonus checks, the amount gets dumped in the department account number and not the account for the Bonus pay code. I have to make journal entries to move the expense. Both are setup in Payroll Posting Accounts in Gross Pay as: Bonus: All | All | BON | 012-7000-000 Department: All | FINBK | All | 011-7170-000 How can I correct this so the Bonus pay gets put in the correct account? Thanks, Jocelyn There are no other accounts set up for BON that are department specific? Is "department" a pay type? -- Charles Allen, MVP "Jocelyn" wrote: > When ru...

Error when tryin to post receivings, using AA.
Hi, I have an error when I trying to post any recivings. The error is ""Cannot insert null value into column "CURNCYID", table AAG10001. This error appear since this week and we can not post any receiving trx. We are using GP 8.0 SP3, with AA. Thanks for any help! -- Evelin. ...

Dialog: who handles Enter and Escape
Hello, I create a dialog based application and remove both Enter and Escape buttons but the dialog is closed automatically after pressing Enter or Escape. How I can prevent him doing this? Thanks and regards Mark You need to override the "OnCommand" event handler for the dialog. Here's an example" BOOL CYourDlg::OnCommand(WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam) { // intercept ESC & ENTER so they don't terminate aplication if(wParam==IDCANCEL || wParam==IDOK) return FALSE; return CDialog::OnCommand(wParam, lParam); } >-----Original Message----- >Hel...

Earmark Funds within an Account
I would like to earmark funds within an account for a specific purpose. For example, I received some birthday money and deposited it into my savings account before I started using MS Money. Suppose my total savings account balance is $1,000, $200 of which is my birthday money. Is there any feature that would breakdown my savings account total into the various earmarked funds (ie birthday money)? Then when I purchase something, I would like Money to deduct the purchase from the earmarked fund. Any ideas? Thanks. See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q113. "Jed" <normishap...

External Email Permissions By Security Group/User Account?
Hi, I want to configure our Exchange 2003 server to only allow emailing external domains on a per user, or group basis (as we did previously with our Exchange 5.5 server). I added an SMTP connector to the routing group, and as a test, decided to instruct it to deny submission from myself.. Yet I can still send to whomever I wish. Any suggestions? Thanks, Darren Are you using Delivery Restrictions on the Connector? Did you enable restriction checking? Done by inserting the DWORD value "CheckConnectorRestrictions". Nee to restart Routing Engine and SMTP svc after you do thi...

How do I enter additional principal on mortgate payment?
I'm using Money 2005 S.B. I just set up a new account as a home mortgage account. I entered the payment(principal and interest) but I automatically have an extra $20 paid each month as additional principal. How do I add this in? Thanks, Mike If it's a regular occurrence, then when setting up the loan (or changing the loan details), one of the last boxes allows you to add other fees and charges to the loan. If you put a $20 transaction in this for 'loan principal payment:<name of loan>', then this will put it in each month's scheduled bill. -- Glyn Simps...

Error message when I send/receive
All of sudden, I get an error message when I want to send or receive an email. The error message says "The operation failed" Anyone help me???? create a new profile, it might solve that "Terry" <tmhoran@ties2.net> wrote in message news:148f801c3f8d3$3545f170$a501280a@phx.gbl... > All of sudden, I get an error message when I want to send > or receive an email. The error message says "The > operation failed" Anyone help me???? ...

able to access the window but not interact with it
Hello: I ran across an interesting issue a couple of days ago with a Great Plains 8.0 client. This client does not have Field-Level Security nor does it have Modifier. The assistant business manager went into Batch Recovery to try to recover a payables computer checks batch. The batch would not post, since she did not enter control figures into the batch entry window. This is required per the Posting Setup window. Anyway, what was strange is that she could access this window but not see any batches in it. If I accessed Great Plains remotely and logged in as "sa", I coul...

I can't get the accounts option to show up, need to change email
There is no option to get to ACCOUNTS on my drop down menu under TOOLS. I need to change my email address. What do I do? What version of Outlook are you using? "LauraB" <LauraB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0283B964-6743-4DC2-8118-81F4E2D132FB@microsoft.com... > There is no option to get to ACCOUNTS on my drop down menu under TOOLS. I > need to change my email address. What do I do? ...

Can I format an entire row based on the value of a single cell?
I would like to use the conditional formatting feature to format an entire row rather than just a single cell. For example: If the cell value = "Total" then the entire row is bold. select your range (multiple rows???). Then with A3 (say) the activecell in that selection: format|Conditional formatting formula is: =$a3="total" apply a nice format LTShelley wrote: > > I would like to use the conditional formatting feature to format an entire > row rather than just a single cell. For example: If the cell value = "Total" > then the entire row is bo...

We receive an error message when attempting to launch Outlook
Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. The .DLL file for the information service could not be found. MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX.DLL. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured. Do any of you know why, and how to fix the problem? I have Already tryed reinstalling. Thanks For Any help you can give Alan See if the information in the following MSKB article helps: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];293058 -- Jocelyn F...