New items with purchase order integration

I'm running a daily integration to bring purchase orders into GP using
Integration Manager.  The source is a text file.  It works very well.  The
problem I have is with new items.  When there is an item in the source file
that does not exist in Great Plains, I would like the integration to fail or
skip the line item.  Currently, it brings the item into the Purchase Order as
a non inventory item.  The document will show the item number and the cost
but no item description.  Where can I change the behavior for this?
0
Vitamin (10)

Unfortunately, with the users that put non-inventory items on POs

Why are you not using the GP PO system to generate POs?
--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"Vitamin" wrote:

> I'm running a daily integration to bring purchase orders into GP using
> Integration Manager.  The source is a text file.  It works very well.  The
> problem I have is with new items.  When there is an item in the source file
> that does not exist in Great Plains, I would like the integration to fail or
> skip the line item.  Currently, it brings the item into the Purchase Order as
> a non inventory item.  The document will show the item number and the cost
> but no item description.  Where can I change the behavior for this?
0
info4071 (3005)
6/2/2009 3:18:01 PM
Richard,
Thank you for your response.  Could you please clarify?  Can I prevent
Integration Manager from putting non inventory items on the PO?

Joe

"Richard Whaley -- MVP 2006-2008" wrote:

> Unfortunately, with the users that put non-inventory items on POs
>
> Why are you not using the GP PO system to generate POs?
> --
> Richard L. Whaley
> Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008
> Documentation for Software Users

> http://www.AccoladePublications.com
>

> "Vitamin" wrote:
>
> > I'm running a daily integration to bring purchase orders into GP using
> > Integration Manager.  The source is a text file.  It works very well.  The
> > problem I have is with new items.  When there is an item in the source file
> > that does not exist in Great Plains, I would like the integration to fail or
> > skip the line item.  Currently, it brings the item into the Purchase Order as
> > a non inventory item.  The document will show the item number and the cost
> > but no item description.  Where can I change the behavior for this?
0
Vitamin (10)
6/2/2009 3:26:05 PM
Vitamin

No You can't.

I would also like to ask the same queston as Richard. Why are you not using
the GP PO system to generate PO's?

--
Fliehigh

"Vitamin" wrote:

> Richard,
> Thank you for your response.  Could you please clarify?  Can I prevent
> Integration Manager from putting non inventory items on the PO?
>
> Joe
>
> "Richard Whaley -- MVP 2006-2008" wrote:
>
> > Unfortunately, with the users that put non-inventory items on POs
> >
> > Why are you not using the GP PO system to generate POs?
> > --
> > Richard L. Whaley
> > Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008
> > Documentation for Software Users
> >
> > Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at
> > http://www.AccoladePublications.com
> >

> > "Vitamin" wrote:
> >
> > > I'm running a daily integration to bring purchase orders into GP using
> > > Integration Manager.  The source is a text file.  It works very well.  The
> > > problem I have is with new items.  When there is an item in the source file
> > > that does not exist in Great Plains, I would like the integration to fail or
> > > skip the line item.  Currently, it brings the item into the Purchase Order as
> > > a non inventory item.  The document will show the item number and the cost
> > > but no item description.  Where can I change the behavior for this?
0
Fliehigh (443)
6/2/2009 4:28:05 PM
You asked "where can I change the behavior of this?" and I said with the Users!

You cannot change IM to reject non-inventory items.  Why are the users doing
this?  Why are they not using GP PO?

In GP POP, you can still enter a non-inventory item.  If you install the
AddItem chunk file to your installation, this will cause a window to open
asking the user if they want to create a new item.  I can send you this chunk
file if you need it.
--

"Vitamin" wrote:

> Richard,
> Thank you for your response.  Could you please clarify?  Can I prevent
> Integration Manager from putting non inventory items on the PO?
>
> Joe
>
> "Richard Whaley -- MVP 2006-2008" wrote:
>
> > Unfortunately, with the users that put non-inventory items on POs
> >
> > Why are you not using the GP PO system to generate POs?
> > --
> > Richard L. Whaley
> > Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008
> > Documentation for Software Users
> >
> > Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at
> > http://www.AccoladePublications.com
> >

> > "Vitamin" wrote:
> >
> > > I'm running a daily integration to bring purchase orders into GP using
> > > Integration Manager.  The source is a text file.  It works very well.  The
> > > problem I have is with new items.  When there is an item in the source file
> > > that does not exist in Great Plains, I would like the integration to fail or
> > > skip the line item.  Currently, it brings the item into the Purchase Order as
> > > a non inventory item.  The document will show the item number and the cost
> > > but no item description.  Where can I change the behavior for this?
0
info4071 (3005)
6/2/2009 4:56:00 PM
We have 10 retail stores.  The stores place their orders with our main vendor
using a handheld device provided by the vendor.  The store managers do not
have Great Plains access.  For various reasons it works best for them to
handle their own ordering in this manner.

After the vendor has shipped the order, they send us an electronic invoice.
We import these invoices into GP using Integration Manager to create Purchase
Orders.  The vendor has a catalog of over 30,000 items.  Frequently the store
manager will order an item we have never purchased before so it has not yet
been set up in Great Plains.  Our policy is for the manager to notify our
corporate office before ordering these new items but it does not always work
out that way.

Can you suggest another way of receiveng these invoices?

Thanks for all your help.

Joe

"Richard Whaley -- MVP 2006-2008" wrote:

> You asked "where can I change the behavior of this?" and I said with the Users!
>
> You cannot change IM to reject non-inventory items.  Why are the users doing
> this?  Why are they not using GP PO?
>
> In GP POP, you can still enter a non-inventory item.  If you install the
> AddItem chunk file to your installation, this will cause a window to open
> asking the user if they want to create a new item.  I can send you this chunk
> file if you need it.
> --
> Richard L. Whaley
> Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008
> Documentation for Software Users

> http://www.AccoladePublications.com
>

> "Vitamin" wrote:
>
> > Richard,
> > Thank you for your response.  Could you please clarify?  Can I prevent
> > Integration Manager from putting non inventory items on the PO?
> >
> > Joe
> >
> > "Richard Whaley -- MVP 2006-2008" wrote:
> >
> > > Unfortunately, with the users that put non-inventory items on POs
> > >
> > > Why are you not using the GP PO system to generate POs?
> > > --
> > > Richard L. Whaley
> > > Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008
> > > Documentation for Software Users
> > >
> > > Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at
> > > http://www.AccoladePublications.com

0
Vitamin (10)
6/2/2009 7:02:01 PM
Hi--

Actually you can change GP to not accept non inventory items, there is
a patch you can get from support that sets the Add Item flag in GP.
However, I do not think that this would work with Integration Manager
however since it uses eConnect to pull in the purchase orders.  You
might check to see if there are any settings on the options tab of the
header and line item collections in destination mapping (I don't have
it accessible to check myself right this minute) that allow you change
the Extras>>Add Items setting to True.  This is the option in GP that
controls (from the Purchase Order Entry window) whether a person can
enter non invnetory items (it defaults to not marked/false meaning
that users can enter non inventory items).

Another option would be to do the integration with EConnect only
rather than Integration Manager, there you would have more flexibility
with programming to reject the non inventory items as well.

Take care,
Christina

0
turtlesoup00 (221)
6/4/2009 1:34:45 PM
The AddItem chunk file is not executed in IM.  However,

You could run an Item Integration and say add only.  Set the number of
errors high.  This way, any new items would be added to inventory before you
try to import POs.  Add only mode (actually the normal for IM) makes sure you
do not update existing item records with data from the vendor.  You need to
set the error count high because each existing item will throw an error.

--

"christinap" wrote:

> Hi--
>
> Actually you can change GP to not accept non inventory items, there is
> a patch you can get from support that sets the Add Item flag in GP.
> However, I do not think that this would work with Integration Manager
> however since it uses eConnect to pull in the purchase orders.  You
> might check to see if there are any settings on the options tab of the
> header and line item collections in destination mapping (I don't have
> it accessible to check myself right this minute) that allow you change
> the Extras>>Add Items setting to True.  This is the option in GP that
> controls (from the Purchase Order Entry window) whether a person can
> enter non invnetory items (it defaults to not marked/false meaning
> that users can enter non inventory items).
>
> Another option would be to do the integration with EConnect only
> rather than Integration Manager, there you would have more flexibility
> with programming to reject the non inventory items as well.
>
> Take care,
> Christina

0
info4071 (3005)

Item information
Item details in SO and HQ applications on shows Description (30 Characters) Due to the restriction in lenght, it becomes a timely process to lookup items (particularly non barcoded) for purhcase orders and indeed many other areas of the programs. An easy addition would be to have the ability to choose extra fields to display the extended description and Sub 1,2,3 and Unit of Measure. This would allow item referencing to become easy and time saving. This has been my most required component from clients - partularly in the Fine Wine Sector. Naturally this would also be of benifit to al...

No more new fonts may be applied in this workbook??
I Created a spreadsheet with over 200 Worksheets inside and I wrote a macro that basically formats each worksheet after I'm done put all the info that I need (text, number, and graphs) I'm like half way through and I an error telling me "No More New Fonts May Be Applied in this Workbook" is there a way to ignore this message cause it's cause my macro to stop and debug... -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-new/200701/1 See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/215573 -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps f...

Move Items from MB to PF in OWA
Hi When I try to move an item from my privat mailbox to a public folder in owa (exchange 2003), I receive the following error: Moving or copying items between Exchange servers is not supported. In the KB article 260569, my problem is described, but no solution to fix it! Can somebody helps my with this? Thanks & regards, Phil On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 02:00:25 -0700, "Phil H." <PhilH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi >When I try to move an item from my privat mailbox to a public folder in owa >(exchange 2003), I receive the following error: > >Moving or...

Problem with linked files and embeded objects in OE items
People, Has anybody stumbled upon a problem when you link a file to an OE 2002 item or embed an object in it and then when you double click it from within the item nothing happens. Thank you Do you mean Outlook or Outlook Express? OE = Outlook Express but there isn't a v2002. if you mean Outlook and are referring to tasks and other special item types, it's a known problem. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exch...

Old iMac
Have attempted unsuccessfully to mass move 1200 emails from my old imac to my new imac. My problem is identifying where and what files need transferring. Can someone point me to a refernce or share some wisdom as how to do this??? ...

New ti xml database
I need to use a file that is in xml format in vb.net. I'm new here. I have MSSql 2000 and vb.net 2003. I have accessed SQL files before. What is best. 1. Access the XML file directly? 2. Somehow import it into MSSQL 2000 3. Is there a better way. The file is publically available via internet. It must be updated periodically and accessed. Any Good advice will be greatly appreciated. jwc *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Jim Bob wrote: > I need to use a file that is in xml format in vb.net. > > I'm new here. I have MSSql 2000 and...

Update of Inter-Store transfer orders
I am at the end of my rope with transfers. I can't understand ho RMS can have the ability to create and Inter-store transfer at one location, but changes are not reflected after the order is "placed." Has anyone found a workaround? My situation is that a smaller location orders products from the main location which houses the warehouse. The warehouse crew picks items from the transfer order, but very frequently the requested items are not available. They may send a substitute, adding it to thier transfer out order. Tehy may also send some items that were not requested by ...

multiple payable/purchase daybook
In Belgium we are used to work with daybooks. From the payables/purchase side it is not possible to have more than 1 daybook, because there is only one voucher number series. Anyone knows if there are add ons for this? Other suggestions? Hi pvbe, Thanks for your question. Are you talking about VAT daybook functionality in Belgium? If so, I will continue to offer assistance with setup. Thanks, Jonny --- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "pvbe" wrote: > In Belgium we are used to work with daybooks. > From the payabl...

Printing Problem with name tags converted to a new Publisher Docum
Mary Sauer, you were so helpful when you explained the Publisher "bug" to me back when I was first testing the process of creating these name tags. Now our seminar is next week and I've done the mail merge (which although looks in "print preview" like there are 6 name tags with all the same name on each page, actually print with 6 tags per page with a different name on each tag like they are supposed to). It's time for me to email this document to the person who is printing the tags. I did the mail merge and instead of "printing" I converted it t...

Cannot get emails back from Deleted Items folder
Outlook 2003 After deleting an email, I normally can move the email from the Deleted Items folder back to my Inbox. Or after deleting, I can Undo and it restores the email back to its original folder. Now, for some unknown reason, the Deleted Items folder will not let go of emails. I tried moving, clicking and dragging, and undoing, but they are stuck in the Deleted Items folder. All I can do to survive is copy them back. Any solution to this? how 'full' is the deleted folder and the folder you want to move them back into? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself ...

Purchase Requiitions
testing ...

Sent Items disappeared
Hi We are running Outlook 2003, not in cached exchange mode, running on Terminal Server. We have one user who has lost 4 days of sent items from her email. I have checked that the user hasn't deleted the emails and can see them in message tracking on the exchange server. (Exchange 2003 SP2) Any ideas as to why this would happen? Thanks in advance We are having the same problem. Archiving is not set on that folder and her sent emails keep disappearing. Had any luck with the solution yet? "Darren97" wrote: > Hi > > We are running Outlook 2003, not in cached excha...

displaying a table on a form so that we can insert a new record at any place rather that at the end
how can i display the table on a form so that the user is able to insert a new record not only in the last, but also in any place of his desire. he must be able to insert a new record even before the first record. how can i accomplish this? can any body help me out please........ hi Ravindar, ravindar thati wrote: > how can i display the table on a form so that the user is able to > insert a new record not only in the last, but also in any place of his > desire. he must be able to insert a new record even before the first > record. Tables in Access (in a database) are a differen...

Missing items on Stock Count
I have a handful of items that are not showing up on my stock count entry. The items have a zero quantity on hand, item type is sales inventory, and they do not have a lot or serial number. These items have been on the stock count before. Why are they not showing up now? Do you reuse your stock counts or create them each time? Do you have multiple sites defined? It is possible that the item/site record was deleted for one or more items at one or more sites. Use the Site Maintenance screen to assign all items to all sites (it does not over-write any existing data) and try to crea...

Outlook 2000 slow at opening new emails
Hello... We have a WinXP Pro laptop on a NT network with Outlook 2000 on it, the laptop has a standard network conection and syncs emails when off-line. It also has a bluetooth connection, but the default connection is a standard network port. When a new email comes in and the user tries to open the email Outlook hangs. We did do a system restore which seemed to help but the problem comes back again. No new software had been added so I'm not sure why a system restore worked, initially. Could it be something to do with the network connection and email sync...or what? It's the company ...

CListCtrl: Changing height of currently selected item?
What I want to do is a list like the one in Windows Control Panel -> Software, where the currently selected list item is shown with more detailed information. My core problem is: How to change the height of the currently selected list item so that more detailed information can be displayed? Any ideas how to realize this easily (i.e. apart from doing the *complete* drawing of the list items by myself using CustomDraw)? Thanks, Harald hi u give one image list to the list control with regards Harish "Harald Karner" <harald_karner@a1.net> wrote in message news:c12cv8$1...

Can an item in a CComboBox programatically hidden?
Hi, Is it possible to hide some items in a CCombox? Can CComboBox::SetItemHeight(0) or other functions serve this purpose? Say in different situations, I want to hide different sets of items, but still want all the items have consistent sequence indices. Is it possible? If I can populate the box with the same whole set of items, and simply hide items according to different situations, the code complexity can be greatly reduced. I use Component One's flexgrid control that has this feature. Often times, I just use one logic to deal with different, complex situations. Your advi...

Opening file from an item loses Word document properties
Hello, I have just discovered that when you double-click a Word file attached to an appointment item (although I imagine it will be the same for other items too), Outlook does not open the actual file, but takes a copy and puts it in the temp folder and opens that. This is a pain as it mucks up some of the automation coding I have done, but what's worse is that the copy doesn't seem to have the custom properties I have set. Is there any way of forcing Outlook to open the original, instead of a copy? Failing that, any ideas why the custom document property would have been lost...

6 items line-column chart on 2 axis
I would like a bar chart to show (in 2 bars) the forecast dollars and actual percentage, where the forecast $$ use the right axis and the actual % use the left axis. The final 4 indicies will be charted using a line chart. When I create this chart my bars stack instead displaying beside each other presumable because each bar uses a different axis. Is there anyway to show the bars in separate columns? Thank you. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "...

OUTLOOK 2003 in W7, New CONTACTS will not 'File As' properly
I upgraded to W7 and reinstalled Outlook 2003 a few weeks ago. Now I notice that new Contacts that I add do not file Lastname, First as instructed in 'View or Change Directories." Pre-existing Contacts are still ok. Any ideas about how to fix the problem, preferrably not "Get Outlook 2007?" Thanks "mcarpeneto" <mcarpeneto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD3C49EB-F629-4840-AFD9-5CCE440DE0A4@microsoft.com... >I upgraded to W7 and reinstalled Outlook 2003 a few weeks ago. Now I notice > that new Contacts that I add do not...

Allow access to item properties when Adding Items to purchase orde
Allowing access to item properties when adding items to a purchase order would assist in updating information like aliases, etc. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx...

Serialized items requiring Serial # input when receiving
I have the DB set up to require serial numbers to be entered but only at the POS, not when receiving a PO. But for some reason when I am receiving items it is requiring me to enter a serial number to proceed. If I am able to use the "receive all" button on the PO it will work but if I have to change quantities received or only receive partial quantities it requires a serial number for each item. Thoughts? This happens even if you don't have any of the options set in the Configuration screen. So I don't think you have any choice but to enter a serial number if only ...

Our new website
This website is for artist, freelancers, programmers, writers, translators. All who is looking for work. If you are a skilled professional use page "Add profile" to create your profile. Also this website is for those who is looking for skilled professional. If you are looking for a professional use page "Projects" to post a project. www.ewho.us ...

Cannot see mail in outlook 2000 sent items folder
Hello, I have a weird problem. When I sent a mail, a few days after it desappears from the Sent Items folder. I cannot see any mail I have sent before. But when clicking on the Sent Items icon the folder appears empty and on the bottom of the left side I can see that the folder contains 20 items. Someone else with rights on my mailbox can see those sent items. Any idea? Thanks in advance. ...

Splitting 24 pg doc into 24 new separate docs
I have a 24 page document that needs to be split into 24 new and separate documents. Is there an easy way to do this other than the old copy/paste? Thanks! Save As and start deleting. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Tina" <Tina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2BC191E9-6935-493F-A465-7DBAC2ABC872@microsoft.com... >I have a 24 page document that needs to be split into 24 new and separate > documents. Is there an easy way to do this other than the old copy/...