New Installation of GP Dynamics 9.0

Looking for some help with the installation.  We have a SQL Server 2000
w/sp4 and a Terminal Server both are Windows 2003 servers.

I'm assuming we install on the SQL server?  Is this correct?

Thanks

0
hughess (1)

I highly recommend you use a Certified Partner to perform the install if
you've never done one before.

There are installation guides on the CustomerSource site.  I suggest you
retrieve them.

In a nutshell,  The GP 9 install starts on the SQL server which will load
the software and create the appropriate databases.

Then run the GP utilities to create your companies and finish the setup.

Last step is to install the GP client at each workstation.

These are generic steps and could change depending on the other packages
(Integration manager, Business Portal, etc) you choose to install.

If you want to share custom forms, reports, etc you'll need to install those
dictionaries on a network share and modify the dynamics.set file at each
workstation.

Good luck.  This is not a trivial install.

PS, I am NOT a Microsoft Certified Partner.

VinceV

"GP" wrote:

> Looking for some help with the installation.  We have a SQL Server 2000
> w/sp4 and a Terminal Server both are Windows 2003 servers.
>
> I'm assuming we install on the SQL server?  Is this correct?
>
> Thanks

0
VinceV (157)
3/13/2006 9:54:10 PM
I am about to try an installation on our SBS 2003 system.  How did you
proceed with your installation, and how did it go?

Thanks

"GP" wrote:

> Looking for some help with the installation.  We have a SQL Server 2000
> w/sp4 and a Terminal Server both are Windows 2003 servers.
>
> I'm assuming we install on the SQL server?  Is this correct?
>
> Thanks

0
Charles (140)

Install Office X on 2 Desktops
I have recently purchased and installed Office X on my iMac (did not register yet) I would like to know if I can also install same on my new G5 and register at that time? I can uninstall from iMac if required. Can I do 2 desktops in lieu of a desktop and a laptop? Unfortunately installing Office X on two desktops is prohibited by the terms of the EULA, and many people have posted here regarding the fact that on many occasions doing this prevents the application from launching. You'll need to uninstall the software from one of the desktop machines. You have no limitations on product regi...

About CRM Installation
I would like to know if we can install Microsoft CRM 1.2 and Visual Studio 2003 on the same machine or problems may occur -- Best regards Jacques Hamalian senior CRM developer No problem, but CRM as a server which not good to install VS on it. "Jacques" wrote: > I would like to know if we can install Microsoft CRM 1.2 and Visual Studio 2003 > on the same machine or problems may occur > -- > Best regards > Jacques Hamalian > senior CRM developer ...

Re: Recovery from EX2000 to EX2003 Server on a new machine
Hi, i have been having serious problems with my current Exchange 2000 machine where it continously fails to load the Information store and other services at startup. i have got it up and running now but if i reboot it will fail again and only starts 1 in 10 reboots What i would like to do it create another box with Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003 and move all the stores,logs and all to this new server. Is there any procedures that need to be followed to do this? and are there any complications with the AD please advise me on the correct was to do this or any documentation there is available...

Microsoft CRM 3.0 and Microsoft VPC
Dear Forum Members: I have installed Microsoft VPC 5.3.582.45, but I can't get Microsoft CRM 3.0 (VPC image) up and running on my external hard drive. Does anyone know how to point Microsoft VPC to the Microsoft CRM VPC image loaded on my external hard drive? Please help! Thanks, I think the CRM3 VPC has expired "Caseroo" <Caseroo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30C46BB4-71F1-41C1-8BB2-899325493D1E@microsoft.com... > Dear Forum Members: > > I have installed Microsoft VPC 5.3.582.45, but I can't get Microsoft CRM > 3.0 > (VPC i...

Access violation in CDaoQueryDef::Open or CSimpleStringT::GetLength(). VC++ 6.0 app compiled in Visual C++ .NET
Hi, I have a problem using DAO in Visual C++ .net Standard edition. We have an old project created in Visual C++ 6.0 Professional. The projects compiles, links ok (with a lot of warnings telling the DAO-classes are deprecated). The compiled program executes ok until I am about to access the database. Some accesses goes ok, but some are not. It is always the same databse accesses that the program crashes on. The database that I'm using is Access 97. I also have tried converting it to 2000 and 2002. In this function the crash occurs in daocore.cpp: void CDaoQueryDef::Open(LPCTSTR lpszName...

Money 2004 Deluxe Start error after install
After a fresh install of Money 2004 Deluxe in Windows XP Home I get an error box that says "Microsoft Money has encountered an error and needs to close" There is a box checked that says " Restart Microsoft Money" but it never restarts. Th error signature - AppVer: 12.0.0.613 Mod Name: kernel32.dll Offset: 00013887 Under technical information - Exception information Code: 0xe06d7363 Flags: 0x00000001 Address: 0x0000000077e73887 Is this a Windows error or did I waste my money on a software package. Please help - thanks In microsof...

6/8/2010 Microsoft Office Security Updates failing to install.
All 6 fail to install. Both of the necessary Service Packs are installed on my system. Now what? Just delete them? Kirk MI wrote: > All 6 fail to install. > > Both of the necessary Service Packs are installed on my system. > > Now what? Just delete them? Lack of given information... "Both of the necessary Service Packs" <-- what necessary service packs for what prodcut. I know your subject says "Microsoft Office", but... yeah - there is not just one version of Microsoft Office and you might not even be speaking of Microsoft O...

ExcelReport 2.0 Released!
Dear all, ExcelReport 2.0 Released! Please check http://www.ljzsoft.com ExcelReport is an Excel report generator that outputs reports in Microsoft Excel spreadsheet format. If you know how to use Microsoft Excel and write SQL statements, you can use ExcelReport to create all kinds of Excel reports as you need. Main Changes in ExcelReport 2.0 * Design an ExcelReport file with the extension ".xrf". * Add a editor of ".xrf" file. You can create, open a XRF file using ExcelReport. * Change the user interface * Change the syntax of functions. * Can put data of each record i...

CRM 4.0
Guys, We've Microsoft CRM 4.0 Server roll up 8 as well as CRM Outlook Client on the same roll up version. Our Internal Web Access works without problems users get to it and they're automatically authenticated. IFD Development is the same way except they're prompt through a login page for their username and password when they're coming from an external network. Ever since we moved to a new facility users are experiencing problems connecting to CRM using their outlook client, I have a test machine where I have the CRM Outlook Client install and has always worked. These ar...

CRM 3.0 Great Plains Integration
Does anyone know if the upcoming CRM 3.0 Great Plains Integration will require Great Plains 9.0 or will it also work with Great Plains 8.0. Thanks! ...

Has anyone successfully installed CRM on SBS?
Has anyone successfully been able to install CRM3.0 on a SBS2k3 server and if so do you have a walkthrough of steps to get this installed and working correctly? I have installed this several times on SBS servers. I just used the deploymnet guide and it was very straightforward. Are you getting stuck at a particular step? <wedor> wrote in message news:uwoR4jmUGHA.5108@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Has anyone successfully been able to install CRM3.0 on a SBS2k3 server and > if so do you have a walkthrough of steps to get this installed and working > correctly? > do ...

Business Portal Error During Installation
Hi, I am trying to install Business Portal 2.0, I have prepared a Share Point Server with windows 2003 installed, but when I try to install Business Portal it si giving me this error message "The database (Comany ID) on SQL Server (Server Name) does not meet minimum requirements-your back office data must be at vesion 7.x" although our Great Plains version is 7.5 with service pack 1 installed. Any suggestions about this issue will be highly appreciated. Mohammad, Thanks for using the newsgroup. I have seen this error before. In the cases I saw it, it was due to incorrect d...

How to evaluate disk spaces for integrating Exchange with CRM 3.0
Dears, As I know, it is a big selling-point for integrating Exchange with CRM 3.0. However, the activities among Exchange and CRM seems to be very traditional. Exchange just forward emails to CRM and save to CRM's SQL DB. It's now a problem that the activities always replicate and replicate emails, and eat out of the disk space. How to improve the situation? Thx. It should not eat up server space. Ok. Some mail are stored both in Exchange and CRM. But this is basically why you want a CRM system.... Let me give a little more explanation. The CRM Exchange E-mail router, if ...

Posting new data for RM & PM before year-end & fiscal year closing
Dear GP users, Help!!! I need some advice here, may I know what are the possible complications that may happen if we post Invoices of new financial year before the old financial year has been closed. Furthermore, may I know how do I check when was the last time we a year-end or fiscal year closing was done? Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks. Andrew What version, if you are using version 7.0 or higher it won't matter, just make sure you post to the current fiscal year. If you are using lower than 7.0 you need to close the year. >-----Original Message----- >D...

Font Issues with New Computer
I got a new laptop last week. Putting some new forms and features ina pre-existing Access 2000 database and am having some very strangeissues.My old laptop was XP Pro and I got XP Pro on the new laptop as well.I am running Access 2000 SP3 like I was before. I also have Office2003 on this same computer like I did before as well.#1 - MS Sans Serif is no longer available to me to select in the fontdrop down box in design view for forms or reports.#2 - I had been using MS Sans Serif quite a bit but since it isn'tavailable I changed to Tahoma, then Arial. The forms look fine on myscreen but ...

New message "zoomed" in
I use Outlook 2007. When I create a new message the text looks like I have zoomed in; it is bigger than normal. When the message is received, it is fine. I cannot find any adjustment to this. I don't see a view>zoom option aywhere. Look on the Format text tab or use your mouse wheel to zoom down as you press Ctrl. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter ab...

unable to type in message body of new email
Connecting to Exchange 2003 server via https://mail.mydomain.com/exchange. Running IE 8 and Windows 7. I can login fine and read email, but when i click on the "New" button to create a new email, I am unable to type any text in the message body. Just a small red square in the upper left corner of the message body. I believe this has something to do with DHTML because when i connect with an XP machine running IE8 and create a "New" email, it comes up with the popup bar at the top saying "Click here to add this Dynamic HTML add-on/Active X control"...

Creation of a New Mailbox on a existing User
Hi, I am trying to write a vbs script that will connect to an existing user account and create a mailbox on it. Currently I have to do it manually via the Exchange Tasks wizzard and Create Mailbox task. I have to do this for about 52 accounts each month as well as add in extra informantion into their accounts. The creation of the Mailbox for all the accounts takes a matter of seconds as I used to just select all the users at once and then create the mailboxes. But the extra information that I had to add to each account was what took up all the time. I have created a script that will add in ...

Custom App on top of Dynamics GP
Hi I am new to MS-Dynamics Gp. I would like to know if it is possible to create a custom application say order-system on top of GP in ASP.Net. I would like that new tables can be added into Dynamics SQL Database and data can be linked between custom application tables and existing GP tables. As I understand eConnect can be used to query existing database, but how exactly I dont know that? Any help in this matter will be apprecaited. Also the table naming in existing GP database is not clear enough and not intutive. Sorry if the question seems too trivial, but I am new and dont have any...

Changing new mail defaults
Hi, I've created & saved some outlook 2003 e-mail templates. We can you them by going new => Choose form but i'm wondering if theres anything i can change to make the new button default to that. thanks, Nick http://www.outlookcode.com/d/newdefaultform.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Nick asked: | Hi, | I've created & save...

On change() Syntax on new picklist field
Hi, I found a on change() code in MS Technoledge. On change filed can chage the required field type. I change for my variable if (crmForm.CFPBrandPlanningCyclePick.value == "Annual") { crmForm.SetFieldReqLevel("BrandPlan1", 1);} My problem is the pick list is a new I defined and this picklist is on a new Tab. Did I make something wrong because I have an error to unrecognized field:"CFPBrandPlanningCyclePick" Did I need to put somethig in my syntax? Thanks SM ...

New Exchange 2003: Importing Outlook Mailboxes
We have just installed a new Exchange 2003 into our network. Previously we had webmail accounts that we configured the Outlooks to pop and download all emails to their local machine. I have searched to find out how I can import all of the old emails by exporting to a .pst file. The only thing that seems to come up is the ExMerge utility, but, this states it is for importing mailboxes from one Exchange server to another. Any help on how I can get the old mailboxes into the new server? -- Dan W Systems Engineer Denver, CO On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 08:37:02 -0800, "Dan W" <DanW...

New Maglite brand 3 Watt Luxeon LED Flashlight 2 D Cell Gray Housing
Price:$26.98 Image: http:///image.php?id=B0012O79KW Best deal: http:///index.php?id=B0012O79KW New Maglite brand 3 Watt LED Flashlight, 2 D Cell, Gray Housing Maglite LED Upgrade module and 2 D cell Maglite flashlight Model No. ST2D096 These 2, 3, and 4 D Cell Maglite flashlights feature the newest MAG LED Upgrade Technology using 3 Watt Luxeon LEDs. The benefits include Intelligent Energy Source Management (patent pending) Extends battery life. Balanced Optics provide a focusing, 3 watt LED, optimized to produce a powerful projecting beam. The Maglite LED Upgrade Modules are also avail...

New record only if the last record is filled
What I need, is a code, that just alows to add a new record only if the last record is filled. Is it possible? Thanks in advance Define "filled". Define "last record". Are you doing this in a form? -- Regards Jeff Boyce www.InformationFutures.net Microsoft Office/Access MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor http://microsoftitacademy.com/ "Luis Marques" <LuisMarques@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D45EC911-68F9-44F6-A09D-56C9CEE59A09@microsoft.com... > What I need, is a code, that just alows...

saving attachments #9
hi my query is i want to select a couple of messages in outlook, having attachments and need a way to save the attachments in those messages directly in one folder. at this moment i have to open each message and then go to file menu and use that "save attachments" option what i want is select the messages having attachments and save them in one shot is this possible ? pls let me know regards tom tom, you wrote on Sun, 9 Apr 2006 13:36:33 +0530: > at this moment i have to open each message and then go to file menu and use > that "save attachments" option &...