New Developer specific Dynamics GP newsgroup

------=_NextPart_0001_365A72F0

All,

Just a heads up that a new Dynamics GP Public newsgroup has been created
for developer questions and issues. This was done in an effort to allow
developers a location to discuss their issues separate from standard
application and installation issues with Microsoft Dynamics GP. If you are
a developer, I encourage you to use the new Public newsgroup for those
discussions.

The new newsgroup is as follows:

	microsoft.public.dynamics.gp.developer

Thanks again for everyone's support of the Dynamics GP product and we look
forward to discussions in the new group (and continued discussion in this
group).

Best Regards,
Scott Stephenson
Support Team Manager
GP Developer Support
Microsoft Online Support

newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.

------=_NextPart_0001_365A72F0

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 All,
\par
\par Just a heads up that a new Dynamics GP Public newsgroup has been created for developer questions and issues. This was done in an effort to allow developers a location to discuss their issues separate from standard application and installation issues with Microsoft Dynamics GP. If you are a developer, I encourage you to use the new Public newsgroup for those discussions.
\par
\par The new newsgroup is as follows:
\par
\par \tab microsoft.public.dynamics.gp.developer
\par
\par Thanks again for everyone's support of the Dynamics GP product and we look forward to discussions in the new group (and continued discussion in this group).
\par
\par Best Regards,
\par Scott Stephenson
\par Support Team Manager
\par GP Developer Support
\par Microsoft Online Support
\par
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your
\par newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_365A72F0--

0
sstephen (17)

Can others find this group in Outlook Express?  I see it on the Web
Newsgroup interface, but not in OE.  :-(

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

""Scott Stephenson [MSFT]"" <sstephen@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> All,
>
> Just a heads up that a new Dynamics GP Public newsgroup has been created
> for developer questions and issues. This was done in an effort to allow
> developers a location to discuss their issues separate from standard
> application and installation issues with Microsoft Dynamics GP. If you are
> a developer, I encourage you to use the new Public newsgroup for those
> discussions.
>
> The new newsgroup is as follows:
>
> microsoft.public.dynamics.gp.developer
>
> Thanks again for everyone's support of the Dynamics GP product and we look
> forward to discussions in the new group (and continued discussion in this
> group).
>
> Best Regards,
> Scott Stephenson
> Support Team Manager
> GP Developer Support
> Microsoft Online Support

> When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your
> newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
> rights.

victoria (3340)
3/13/2007 6:45:23 PM
That will depend on who you get your news feed from.

I just checked and its available from msnews.microsoft.com

VinceV

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> Can others find this group in Outlook Express?  I see it on the Web
> Newsgroup interface, but not in OE.  :-(
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Dynamics GP MVP
> Flexible Solutions, Inc.
>

> ""Scott Stephenson [MSFT]"" <sstephen@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > All,
> >
> > Just a heads up that a new Dynamics GP Public newsgroup has been created
> > for developer questions and issues. This was done in an effort to allow
> > developers a location to discuss their issues separate from standard
> > application and installation issues with Microsoft Dynamics GP. If you are
> > a developer, I encourage you to use the new Public newsgroup for those
> > discussions.
> >
> > The new newsgroup is as follows:
> >
> > microsoft.public.dynamics.gp.developer
> >
> > Thanks again for everyone's support of the Dynamics GP product and we look
> > forward to discussions in the new group (and continued discussion in this
> > group).
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > Scott Stephenson
> > Support Team Manager
> > GP Developer Support
> > Microsoft Online Support

> > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your
> > newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
> > rights.

VinceV (157)
3/13/2007 7:39:44 PM
Vince,

I didn't even think to look for it in a different place.

Thanks a lot!

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"VinceV" <VinceV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> That will depend on who you get your news feed from.
>
> I just checked and its available from msnews.microsoft.com
>
> VinceV
>
> "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Can others find this group in Outlook Express?  I see it on the Web
>> Newsgroup interface, but not in OE.  :-(
>>
>> --
>> Victoria Yudin
>> Dynamics GP MVP
>> Flexible Solutions, Inc.
>>

>> ""Scott Stephenson [MSFT]"" <sstephen@online.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> > All,
>> >
>> > Just a heads up that a new Dynamics GP Public newsgroup has been
>> > created
>> > for developer questions and issues. This was done in an effort to allow
>> > developers a location to discuss their issues separate from standard
>> > application and installation issues with Microsoft Dynamics GP. If you
>> > are
>> > a developer, I encourage you to use the new Public newsgroup for those
>> > discussions.
>> >
>> > The new newsgroup is as follows:
>> >
>> > microsoft.public.dynamics.gp.developer
>> >
>> > Thanks again for everyone's support of the Dynamics GP product and we
>> > look
>> > forward to discussions in the new group (and continued discussion in
>> > this
>> > group).
>> >
>> > Best Regards,
>> > Scott Stephenson
>> > Support Team Manager
>> > GP Developer Support
>> > Microsoft Online Support
>> >
>> > ======================================================
>> > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your
>> > newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
>> > ======================================================
>> > rights.
>> > ======================================================

0
victoria (3340)

Getting Excel on new computer to show dates like on old
I recently bought new computer. Had a load of excel files which I transferred over. The only problem now is where before the dates showed in the format "dd/mm/yy" they now show up as "dd/mm/yyyy" even though it's the same file. This is a major problem as the new date doesn;t fit and gets displayed as "######" since the date colum needs to be short to fit all data on the printed page. I thought that things like this get saved in the file. Does anyone know of a way to get dates to display dd/mm/yy without having to change all the dates in each individual...

Testing new account
Hi Tod/MS tech support. This is a test to see if my account has been changed to managed group. Thanks ------=_NextPart_0001_13BD40A1 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good afternoon Kay, Your post is still not showing up. Did you change anything? If so it could take 48 hours to take affect. Also, if you don't mind could you post your company name, or the first part of your company name, so I can take a look to see if I see anything that may be causing the problem. If you don't want to post it here please contact Technical Support to open a support ...

Re-Installing Excell 2000 on new computer
I purchased Excell 2000 and installed on Dell 8200 w/windows ME. Hard drive crashed. Aquired new Dell 8300 w/ windows XP. Trying to install but windows will not except product key. "Can't find previously installed program on system". Any help would be greatly appreciated. You are presumably using an Upgrade version which requires that you ca prove ownership of a prior version. You can use any setup disk (CD o floppy disk 1) containing a qualifying Microsoft product and refer th new setup to that. I think you get the option to browse with the "no found" message...

Can't Reply, Forward or Create new eMail
This is for a friend of mine. He's running OfficeXP (2002) and the OS is WindowsXP Home Edition. Anytime he tries to created a New message, Forwards or does a Reply, he gets a message that says "Outlook cannot created the message due to lack of disk space or memory in the computer". Then he clicks OK; and the box goes away (leaving him with no way to complete the process). I'm having him go thru the Office Update Process to ensure everything is up to date. He has plenty of disk space and plenty of memory. What does this mean? Thanks in advance! ...

Money 2004 installed on a new machine
I just got a new PC and am tryint to get my copy of Money 2004 up and running. On my old PC I had installed the trial version of Money Deluxe and then upgraded to a full version. So, I have the exe to install the trial version and I have an activation code. I have installed the trial version on my new PC and when I try to open my money file from my previous computer, it says "The system date in your computer must be 2003 or 2004 in order to run this trial version of Microsoft Money 2004". So, I change the date to 12/29/2004 to see if I could at least get in a enter my acti...

Dynamic Chart :S please help me !!!
Damn , I'm getting so confused with this so please help!! This is what I want to do. I've got one databasetab with this column : week1 week2 week3 week4 object1 3 4 5 45 object2 43 34 43 43 object3 88 554 object4 and so on. Now ik want on another Sheet a box where I can fill in the wee number and than a chart wil show only the numbers of that week as: WEEK # 1000 500 0 -----------------------------------------------------------------...

New Company in GP10
Has anyone come up with a planning document with a checklist of questions asked during the creation of a new company in GP10? Yes, I have the manual, but would like to present management with a list of questions to answer rather than have them hover behind me during creation. And the new comany will have a different structure from existing ones, so copying from an existing company is out. ------=_NextPart_0001_D41FDD81 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello David, Thanks for posting in Microsoft Forums! Please note the new Forums using are at the...

Writing Data to New Table
Hi all, I have records that upon the status being marked completed fires code to log =Now(). From time to time the status needs to be changed back to InProgress. If there a way i can write a record to a table everytime this is marked complete with the now() and primary key field called LifeID? I have utilized Allen's audit trail for other databases but i am not interested in capturing all fields just LifeID and DatePAComplete. Any nudges in the right direct is appreciated. 1. In the General Declarations section (very top) of the form's module: Private mbStatus...

when inserting a chart excel is saying i cannot add any new fonts
When I attempt to insert a chart i am getting a message which says,"no new fonts may be added to this workbook". I am adding it to a billing process and I did the first 100 or so before it began this doing this, I am not adding any new fonts but I am getting this message, any suggestions on what is the cause so I can overcome it? I've described the problem and fix here: Error: "No more new fonts may be applied in this workbook" http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FixFonts.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltier...

Community Newsgroups
When did the website CHANGE its appearance to this??? Is it possible to "pull up" my previous postings? If so, HOW? Thanks, Larry Since "this" isn't a website but rather a newsgroup (the Microsoft Community Groups web site is just a portal to the groups), it's hard to know what you're referring to. You can always search the archives: http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*excel* using your name/email address in the Author textbox. And you can read the newsgroups much more efficiently using a newsreader, or, if necessary, Outlook ...

Newsgroups In Outlook #4
Hi all, Pardon my odd question, but does Outlook support the downloading of newsgroups like Outlook Express does? No. It calls OE to do news reading by default, but you can use any news reader you want. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "rustyfender04" <rustyfender04@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eQwCeIPgGHA.1320@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > Pardon my odd question, but does Outlook support the downloading of > newsgroups like Outlook Express does? > There are some third party applications that will give Outlook newsreader capabilities: ...

Error upon installing GP 9.0 year-end update
Hello: Yesterday, since a client needed to have the year-end update for GP 9.0, I installed the update which includes service pack 3. I got the following message on all workstations but not the server: "A product on the computer is on a different version than the database version". Since the settings at the server and workstations were the same, per the dynamics.set file, I resolved the error by copying down the server's GP folder to the workstations. Issue resolved. Are there any problems with having a server's GP 9.0 folder residing on the workstations? Thanks! ...

Can I download Office2003 with existing product key on new comp?
I had purchased and downloaded Office 2003 on my old laptop. That computer has since broken and I got a new one. I'd like to download Office 2003 for my new computer and enter in my old product key so I don't have to buy a whole new suite again. "KFee" <KFee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:020CC1FF-3ABA-4110-A9FB-8E667976FAB3@microsoft.com... > I had purchased and downloaded Office 2003 on my old laptop. That > computer > has since broken and I got a new one. I'd like to download Office 2003 > for > my new compu...

GP Security
We have GP 8.0 sp4a and I am adding a new user. This user has very limited access so I stripped most of the access out in "Advanced Security". I must have gone too far because when I log in as the new user I am seeing "You don't have security privileges to open this window. contact your system administrator for assistance." If I hit ok, it does continue starting and I can get to the menus I expect. Can someone point at what I might have blocked or show me a way to trace this message down? Review TechKnowledge article 858718 "DavidM" wrote...

Lookups with Modifier/VBA in GP 9.0
I have a need to place a Vendor ID on the item card (client requirement - not mine). I have no problems defining a field to hold it, or storing and retrieving via VBA/DUOS. I am running into trouble because I want to make a lookup button to link to this so the user can select the Vendor ID from a list. But it seems lookup buttons are not part of what Modifier does. Am I missing something, or am I going to have to do something more with VBA (like ADO) to roll my own lookup form? Thanks To solve this problem try this. Define a global variable to hold the selected vendor id. Create a re...

Why can't I search the Microsoft News Server list of newsgroups?
In Entourage Web Services Edition 13.0.3 on my 10.6.2 2.4 GHz Unibody 13" MacBook, when I click on the icon for the Microsoft News Server I get a very long list of newsgroups. But if I click in the Search box and type anything to narrow the list down, say I type "Mac" so I can see the newsgroups that deal with Macintosh computers, instead of getting a new list of all the Microsoft newsgroups that deal with Macs I get "All Messages" search results of emails that have "mac" in them. Does that make sense? The same thing happens no matter what parameter...

Part Specific Outsourcing detail for MO-POP
Let's say you send almost every item to an outside vendor for finishing and one OSV for packaging. Each vendor has a different item ID for finishing every item, though, and the cost is different. GP Item #, Vendor Item#, Cost/unit Item A Finish,Part1, $1.00 Item B FInish,Part2, $1.10 Item A Pack,Part1, $1.25 When setting up work Centers, we set up Finish & Packing as Work Centers. However, we'd like to have a different service code for each item so when we create the PO from the MO the item and description pop in correctly. Is there any way to accomplish this? I considered ...

NEW USER MAILBOXES
Hello. I was justwondering if there is a way to create user mailboxes without creating an A/D account for that user. We have salespeople who are not at the office, and I just want to setup email boxes for them. Thanks. No, in order to have a mailbox you need an account in AD -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "DAN" <dancarmi@carmiflavors.com> wrote in message news:95aa01c3ea90$fe9147b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hello. I was justwondering if there is a way to create > user mailboxes without creating an A/D account for...

HR and Payroll for GP in UK
Hi Can someone give me some straightforward information please? I would like to add HR and Payroll modules to an installation of GP in the UK. Is there something available? The only information I found is for modules available in the US and CA. Thanks GP modules of Payroll and HR are not available in the UK, but you can purchase an integrated solution. When I last asked Microsoft who to use, they sent me to: http://www.csmltd.co.uk/csm/busascent.shtml "Moc" wrote: > Hi > Can someone give me some straightforward information please? I would like to > add HR and Payr...

Create a Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 dashboard with SharePoint Port
Hi Everybody I am working on MS CRM3.0 and I want to Create a Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 dashboard with SharePoint Portal Server. Any Help??????? Thanks in Advance -- Jaber You might check out some of these resources: -CRM List Web part for SharePoint: http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/deploy/crmwebpart.mspx -Create a dashboard for Microsoft CRM in SharePoint: http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/deploy/integratesharept.mspx -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Jaber" wrote: > Hi Everybody > I am working on MS CRM3.0 and I want t...

New user with a couple of questions....
Hi all, I have just started using Excel 2003 sp1. I'm not having too hard of a time except for this one issue.... -Is it possible to get into an excel sheet to just look at it and not have the ability to do anything. Like, we have been using lotus and it has an option to "release reservation". Does Excel have this option? -- B Craig Under "Format" menu, "Protection" tab - HIghlight the cells, or whole sheet that you want to "protect", set your options, then come out of "Format" and into "Tools" menu, then you have...

Link a button to a specific format
On my Excel 2003 I can use the Euro (?) button to format the current selection in Euro format. I now wish to replace the Euro currency symbol with my own symbol, i.e. "Fr.* ". How can I link the Euro button to this format? There is no need to change the face of the button itself - I'm happy to leave it as the ? button. By "button" do you refer to a key on the keyboard or the menu icon? best wishes -- Bernard Liengme MVP Excel http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Pegasus [MVP]" <news@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ekBb3VI6JHA.1716@TK2MSFTNGP03...

OWA communicating to Exchange over Dynamic/Staic Ports
Hey Guys, I have 10 Exchange 2003 back-end servers, and one of them is configured with static ports as decribed in Microsoft's knowledge article Ports (6001/6002/6004). However, I have a front OWA Server configured with default dynamic ports. Can the OWA Server still talk to all back-end Exchange servers even if 9 are running dynamic ports (1025-65000) and only 1 is running static ports?? Or do all the back-end servers have to be running either static or dynamic and not a combination of the two. Thanks ...

Dynamic Reporting System
Has anyone experimented with, or completed, any kind of dynamic report building system, within Access? This would be for use from an MDE, not the Reports tab. I would be interested in looking at how you were able to accomplish this. Thanks in advance. Sharkbyte Sharkbyte wrote: >Has anyone experimented with, or completed, any kind of dynamic report >building system, within Access? This would be for use from an MDE, not the >Reports tab. > >I would be interested in looking at how you were able to accomplish this. > Depends on what you think &quo...

Creating new series requires div cell val by itself . How to do t.
I am trying to rebase a time series which requires dividing the first value in each series by itself. I keep getting circular error messages regardless of how I format the calculation. Is ther a way around this issue? Texas When you divide a number(and time is a number) by itself you will get 1. Is that what you want? You could use a couple of helper columns. Assume data in column A. In B1 enter =A1. In C1 enter =A1/B1. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 12:35:08 -0800, "Texastom" <Texastom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to rebase a time ...