New Check report security settings

I'm using Report Writer in GP v10.  I want to duplicate the report "Check
with Stub on Top and Bottom - Graphical".  I have tried to use the duplicate
button for the report but the report will not show up in the User Security
settings.

How can I make the duplicated report available to select users?
--
fiberfan
0

I would suspect you do not want to duplicate this report (since you cannot
really run it correctly) and instead you modify the actual report by
choosing the report and pressing "insert".  You give security to the
modified version once you've modified it.

patrick
dev support

"Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm using Report Writer in GP v10.  I want to duplicate the report "Check
> with Stub on Top and Bottom - Graphical".  I have tried to use the
> duplicate
> button for the report but the report will not show up in the User Security
> settings.
>
> How can I make the duplicated report available to select users?
> --
> fiberfan

0
prot1 (1345)
12/16/2008 6:17:29 AM
Patrick,

The end goal is to have two identical Check printing reports, one with a
logo, one without it.  The bookkeeper wants to be able to choose which one
gets printed.

Isn't there any way to duplicate the report and make it useable?  I have
tried modifying the User-Defined Check 1, but have run into errors with the
Calculated fields and the order in which they are evaluated.  How is order
determined?
--
fiberfan

"Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:

> I would suspect you do not want to duplicate this report (since you cannot
> really run it correctly) and instead you modify the actual report by
> choosing the report and pressing "insert".  You give security to the
> modified version once you've modified it.
>
> patrick
> dev support

> "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm using Report Writer in GP v10.  I want to duplicate the report "Check
> > with Stub on Top and Bottom - Graphical".  I have tried to use the
> > duplicate
> > button for the report but the report will not show up in the User Security
> > settings.
> >
> > How can I make the duplicated report available to select users?
> > --
> > fiberfan

0
Lisa1 (290)
12/16/2008 6:09:01 PM
> The end goal is to have two identical Check printing reports, one with a
> logo, one without it.  The bookkeeper wants to be able to choose which one
> gets printed.

Actually I've looked at that in the past and I believe I have figured out a
way to do this in Dexterity.  Or so I seem to recall, it was a fairly good
while ago.

> Isn't there any way to duplicate the report and make it useable?

Probably not because nothing would know about printing your specific report.
That is why we modify the original one so that it is a modified version and
so that one prints instead of the original.

I have
> tried modifying the User-Defined Check 1, but have run into errors with
> the
> Calculated fields and the order in which they are evaluated.  How is order
> determined?

Typically the order evaluated is in the order created.  I don't see why if
you duplicate an existing report however it would then be 'out of order' for
you.  That would surprise me I guess.

> Patrick,
>
> The end goal is to have two identical Check printing reports, one with a
> logo, one without it.  The bookkeeper wants to be able to choose which one
> gets printed.
>
> Isn't there any way to duplicate the report and make it useable?  I have
> tried modifying the User-Defined Check 1, but have run into errors with
> the
> Calculated fields and the order in which they are evaluated.  How is order
> determined?
> --
> fiberfan
>

> "Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> I would suspect you do not want to duplicate this report (since you
>> cannot
>> really run it correctly) and instead you modify the actual report by
>> choosing the report and pressing "insert".  You give security to the
>> modified version once you've modified it.
>>
>> patrick
>> dev support
>>
>> --
>> rights.
>>

>> "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I'm using Report Writer in GP v10.  I want to duplicate the report
>> > "Check
>> > with Stub on Top and Bottom - Graphical".  I have tried to use the
>> > duplicate
>> > button for the report but the report will not show up in the User
>> > Security
>> > settings.
>> >
>> > How can I make the duplicated report available to select users?
>> > --
>> > fiberfan

0
prot1 (1345)

OLd in age, new to term papers
I am using Microsoft Word and would like to put reference numbers in my paper. I would like to raise them above the line. Is it sub-script or super sub-script and how do I finish it? Thanks Dennis -- Dennis Jackson Use the Footnote or Endnote feature, and the reference numbers will be created automatically. By default the Footnote/Endnote Reference style is superscript. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Dennis Jackson" <Dennis.Jackson.603e413@wordbanter.com> wrote in messa...

Error 1004
I am creating a macro enabled spreadsheet using Excel 2003. It reads data in from a .csv file and manipulates this data to create several reports. Some of the report users use Excel 97, and get the run time error 'Error 1004 - Unable to set specialcells property' when they try to run the macro that updates the reports from the .csv. I am using the special cells property to find the range that I need to clear when reading in new data. Does anyone know what might be causing this problem? Thanks in advance Hi post the relevant part of your code "Darach" wrote: >...

Setting multiple meeting times for different attendees on the same day
I am a recruiter and use Outlook to schedule interviews with out of town candidates. It's critical that all my interviewers be available on the same date but at different times during the day. I would like to be able to pull up all of my interviewers' schedules at the same time and schedule them in different time slots but only having to send one meeting request. Example: I have 5 managers that will be interviewing the same person on the same day at different times. I have to list them all as "required attendees", check their schedules, then back out and send o...

Saving user account settings to a network folder
I have been able to set Outlook to look to a network folder to see the Outlook file that has the user's mail account set up in it. However, the customized signature and other program settings are not saved in this file (outlook.pst). Is there a way to save all of the customizations to the newtork as well (another file)????? Thank you in advance for your assistance. Hi Jonathan I recently had to upgrade from Ex5.5 to Ex2k and the only way I could do this was to export all the user data to a pst file and import it in to Ex2K. The only draw back was that all the things such as rules...

Performance problem in Vista Windows explorer if /SWAPRUN:NET is set on an executable.
I have rather big executables (about 25-35 MB). Because I want my users to easily execute my application, I don't want them to install a bunch of DLL's, just xcopy-install is OK for me (and my customers). Because my software is often run from a network drive, and my customers' networks are not always reliable, I link my executables using the /SWAPRUN:NET option. This guarantees that the whole EXE is loaded in memory before the application starts, and prevents crashes if the network connection is dropped while my application is running. This worked fine so far, BUT ... under...

Check Box Question
How do I achieve the following? If cell D10 has anything of any value in it I would like cell D5 to display a result of ‘X’ however if cell D10 is blank then I would like cell D5 to remain blank. The 'X' is actually be an 'X' Thanks Try this entered in D5: =IF(D10="","","X") -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Ksean" <Ksean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4DBEFA1-4AEF-41AF-90AF-6B8E29349BCB@microsoft.com... > How do I achieve the following? > > If cell D10 has anything of any val...

Check box = 1
I'm pretty out of my depth here, so any help would be much appreciated. I'm trying to set up an attendance form to cover a 24 hour perid. i'd like a columnof 14 checkboxes (places available per hour), and at the bottom a total of how many boxes have been checked, and then repeated for the following 23 columns. How do i go about giving a cell the value of "1"if the box is checked, and accumulated the total of checked boxes. I'm struggling to get past changing "true"/"false" values to "1"/"0" values. Also, do i ...

Can't set Date Properties.
I am working with data that has dates set as text. So in a query I am using a variable that sets the text to a date suing CDATE. At least I thought it did. I notice that in forms etc when I try to set the date property to long, medium etc, there is nothing to choose so presumably it is not a date after all! Any idea what I'm doing wrong please. Cheers. Roger --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.673 / Virus Database: 435 - Release Date: 01/05/2004 Sorted. I hadn't set the function as a date. Well I am n...

How can you set up a form that the cursor only moves to cells tha.
I have set up a form. Now I want my cusor to move through the worksheet only in certain cells. I want to be able to go from one cell that needs to be filled out to the next cell that needs to be filled out automatically. Example , move from cell a3 to c19 automatically. How can I do that? Hi! You can accomplish that by setting sheet protection. Select all the cells that you want to be able to navigate to then goto Format>Cells>Protection tab. Uncheck Locked. Now, goto Tools>Protection>Protect sheet. A list of options will appear. Uncheck Select locked cells and check...

OL 2000 .pst file moving to new computer
I am trying to export a OL 2000 .pst file running under Windows XP with SP 1. I want to export or save the file so I can open it up on my other computer using Outlook 2000 under Windows 98. When opening the outlook.pst file on the computer with Windows 98 I received the following message - "File access is denied; You do not have the permission required to access the file C:\WINDOWS\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook outlook.pst." I had exported that outlook.pst file to a CD and then copied it into WINDOWS\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook ...

Add new record using first available non-numeric ID; update two ta
Access 2003, Windows XP Pro SP2 I have two tables, tblDed and tblVendor. tblDed contains two columns (DedID and Avail). The first column contains a list of all DedIDs allowed to be used. The second is a Yes/No choice indicating whether or not that DedID has been used already. tblVendor contains multiple columns with misc. data relevant to the Vendor. I want to create a form that will accomplish three things: 1. Use the next available unused DedID when a command button on a referring menu page (frmMenu, btnNew) is pressed. 2. Mark the now-used DedID in tblDed as "No" - no ...

Spending by Category Report on Home Page
I have Customized my Spending by Category Report to not include Taxes and some other stuff (under the Reports tab). However, I also have the Spending by Category report show up on my Home Page. This report does not include the customizations I made under Reports, so it shows ALL categories. Anyone know how to make the Home Page report be the same as the other one? Thanks! Hi, The report on the home page is not customizeable. I believe this is rather meant to give you a general overview of your spending. Infact if you watch closely at regular intervals the all the homepage charts ...

Parent / child settings on a second subform?
All, I tried to solve this in December, but without success... I'm not a newbie, but I'm not very good in db desgining as well, it's more like trail and error :)... Ok, so I'm creating a db where the history of submitted documents (which are part of a project) can be traced. A document can be submitted more than once. So in short, this is how it is: 1st level - General project information (displayed on tabpage1); 2nd level - Project related documents (displayed on tabpage2). 3rd level - Muliple revisions of the project related document (displayed on tabpage3). ...

When I insert new pages the fonts on the existing pages change
I have a 28 page document that I am trying to insert new pages into. When I insert the new pages, Publisher changes the font on all the existing pages - quite a mess. How can I avoid this?? On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 17:39:03 +0000, Jim wrote (in article <A9F6706D-208F-4FB4-BECD-70077760824A@microsoft.com>): > I have a 28 page document that I am trying to insert new pages into. When I > insert the new pages, Publisher changes the font on all the existing pages - > quite a mess. How can I avoid this?? Unlink the boxes. If the boxes are linked then the font will change globall...

Outlook Hangs when checking email addreses with directory service
I'm using Outlook 2000 service pack 3 in Internet Mail Only configuration Outlook hangs about 75% of the time when looking up an e-mail address in the university of bristol directory service however outlook express can look up an address successfully in the directory service 100% of the time and both outlook and outlook express have the directory account settings exactly the same. I would ask for help from the university's computing service but Outlook is currently unsupported by them. Any ideas why it hangs? Thanks James ...

Outlook Express Spell Check problems
I have installed the following configuration WINDOWS XP home ed Outlook Express Office 9 Spell check in outlook returns with: Error has occured .. What's wrong?? ...

New ISP, no incoming emails....
Hi all, was up late last night VPN-ing into my network, and had to go to bed after failing to solve this... I hooked our work up with a new T1 yesterday... from the minute I did, we have gotten no emails incoming.... We use an exchange 5.5 SP6a server for our email on a NT4 machine (Please hold all your jokes and MS-doesnt-suppot-that-anymore comments haha) and a seperate server to relay and filter our emails running GFI mail essentials. I made all the new DNS and new IP address changes on my firewall, they configured my new router remotely, I changed all the info on my DHCP server and can ...

Advanced Financial Reports
We would like to print an AFA report in landscape by default. Currently in Great Plains Advanced Financial Reports can only print in portrait by default. Each time we want to print in landscape, we have have to open the report layout and change the printer setup to landscape before printing. ...

Set Expire property of data cache
Dear Friends How to set Expire property of cache in Data Caching. I have taken one Cache["myData"] I only have to give its expire property, not any other property. I just want Cache should expire after 15 minute. Please help me. How to do it. Thanks in Advance "Deep" <vinodkus@gmail.com> wrote in message news:479a2486-2743-4dbf-bbe4-0f192a3222ba@j16g2000prn.googlegroups.com... > How to set Expire property of cache in Data Caching. > > I have taken one Cache["myData"] > > I only have to give its expire property, ...

Setting default date system to 1900 versus 1904
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I work in a large corporation that uses excel 100 times a day. My issue is that most of the files we work with are created on Win platform which defaults to the 1900 date system. When I create on the Mac, it defaults to the 1904 date system. I realize I can change the date format in preferences on an individual basis but is there anyway to set the default to 1900 versus me having to remember to go to preferences every time on each individual sheet? Thx On 3/4/09 9:22 AM, in article 59b6e6ef.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,...

how do i set up to auto detect duplicated numbers in an excel fiel
I use excel spreadsheets to generate joblists and invoices. I need to ensure that job numbers are not duplicated. I enter my clients numbers here and have had double entry problems. Help!!!! Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/NoDupEntry.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Peabody wrote: > I use excel spreadsheets to generate joblists and invoices. I need to > ensure that job numbers are not duplicated. I enter my clients > numbers here and have had double entry problems. Help!!!! ...

Trying to center a check box
Hello, I have a form that has 3 Yes/No check boxes. The labels are in the form header and the check boxes are in the detail section. I am using the stacked option for arranging the fields. How do I center the check box under each of the labels? Thanks ...

new user of excel
Is there a beginners newsgroup for excel? Thanks D scott Hi Donna, Yes, there is: Microsoft.public.excel.newusers Personally, I think this group will help you more: Microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions But do visit one of the many sites with useful links, like this one (just a random choice): http://www.jkp-ads.com/Links.htm -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Donna" <djs@cogeco.ca> wrote in message news:OsjDK39UIHA.4360@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... | Is there a beginners newsgroup for excel? | Thanks | D scott | | On Jan 10, 3:09=A0pm, "D...

outlook web access
Hello, Thanks in advance for your help. I am using outlook web access. When I attempt to reply to a message, the text box just has a box with a red "X" in the top left corner. The same thing happens when I open a new message. Any ideas? Amy "Amy" <Amy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FEA46A8B-3116-4850-BE0F-AB2B9590F20A@microsoft.com... > Thanks in advance for your help. I am using outlook web access. When I > attempt to reply to a message, the text box just has a box with a red "X" > in > the top left corner. The same t...

Reporting #2
I receive email for two domains into my Exchange Server. I'd like to know how much email is received total and for each of these domains individually. Are there any built in tools for this type of reporting? Thanks, Andy Hi No built in tools to do this in Exchange, you would need to use a product lik MOM or a 3 rd pary product like: Mail Access Monitor http://www.internetaccessmonitor.com/eng/products/mam/ Admin Report Kit for Exchange Server http://www.vyapin.com/products/enterprisenetworktools/arkxchange.htm Exchange Monitor http://www.fortissoftware.com/ Regards -- Ben Ho...