Negative Quantities on Order

Recently we have started to notice that for some items, the Quantity on Order
is negative. We are running GP 9.0. The quantity going negative seems
associated with the processing of a PO where the quantity ordered was one
amount and the quantity received was a larger amount but subtracting one from
the other does not give the negative amount. I run reconcile and it takes
care of the negative but I don't think that I should have to run reconcile
all the time. I would like to find the problem or if we are doing some thing
wrong. Thanks in advance for your assistance.
0
Bob4289 (354)

I have the same problem.  Running the Reconcile is annoying because we either
have to get everyone to log out, or process it during a time frame when no
one else is working.  I tried early this morning but got the error that a
user was editing a batch, even though I was the only one logged in.  This
'simple' procedure is getting more complicated!

Janice

"bob" wrote:

> Recently we have started to notice that for some items, the Quantity on Order
> is negative. We are running GP 9.0. The quantity going negative seems
> associated with the processing of a PO where the quantity ordered was one
> amount and the quantity received was a larger amount but subtracting one from
> the other does not give the negative amount. I run reconcile and it takes
> care of the negative but I don't think that I should have to run reconcile
> all the time. I would like to find the problem or if we are doing some thing
> wrong. Thanks in advance for your assistance.
0
janice (46)