Need help with SQL tables

After running a security reconcile sa was no longer a user in GP.  I received
the answer below about re-adding it, but I don't know how to add a userid in
to a table.  I can't find anything on knowledgebase about this.  We don't
have the SQL Enterprise Manager but use the SQL 2005 Management Studio
Express.

Can anyone help me?  I just need to know the script that will add it to
these tables.

Thanks.

Tracey D

"Therefore it will be just a matter of adding 'sa' USERID into the following
tables in DYNAMICS database as a minimum.
Once added, use another existing logon in DynamicsGP to configure the
security role of POWERUSER for 'sa' into each company you have

SY01400 - one entry needed
SY60100 - one entry for each company database, as seen in SY01500"

I would consider just copying an existing record from another user.

patrick

"Tracey D" <TraceyD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After running a security reconcile sa was no longer a user in GP.  I
> received
> the answer below about re-adding it, but I don't know how to add a userid
> in
> to a table.  I can't find anything on knowledgebase about this.  We don't
> have the SQL Enterprise Manager but use the SQL 2005 Management Studio
> Express.
>
> Can anyone help me?  I just need to know the script that will add it to
> these tables.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Tracey D
>
> "Therefore it will be just a matter of adding 'sa' USERID into the
> following
> tables in DYNAMICS database as a minimum.
> Once added, use another existing logon in DynamicsGP to configure the
> security role of POWERUSER for 'sa' into each company you have
>
> SY01400 - one entry needed
> SY60100 - one entry for each company database, as seen in SY01500"

0
Patrick
11/13/2009 3:13:19 AM
How do I insert the line to copy to using SQL 2005 managment suite?

"Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:

> I would consider just copying an existing record from another user.
>
> patrick

> "Tracey D" <TraceyD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > After running a security reconcile sa was no longer a user in GP.  I
> > received
> > the answer below about re-adding it, but I don't know how to add a userid
> > in
> > to a table.  I can't find anything on knowledgebase about this.  We don't
> > have the SQL Enterprise Manager but use the SQL 2005 Management Studio
> > Express.
> >
> > Can anyone help me?  I just need to know the script that will add it to
> > these tables.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Tracey D
> >
> > "Therefore it will be just a matter of adding 'sa' USERID into the
> > following
> > tables in DYNAMICS database as a minimum.
> > Once added, use another existing logon in DynamicsGP to configure the
> > security role of POWERUSER for 'sa' into each company you have
> >
> > SY01400 - one entry needed
> > SY60100 - one entry for each company database, as seen in SY01500"
> >

> .

In Management Studio, expand the DYNAMICS database, and locate the tables
entry. In the tables list, locate the SY01400 table. Right-click on the table
and select the 'Edit Top 200 Records' option. Position yourself at the end of
the table to insert a new record. In the user ID column, type sa, then enter
all column values thereafter as they appear in the record above the line you
are currently editing.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Tracey D" wrote:

> How do I insert the line to copy to using SQL 2005 managment suite?
>
> "Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:
>
> > I would consider just copying an existing record from another user.
> >
> > patrick
> >
> > --
> >

> > "Tracey D" <TraceyD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > After running a security reconcile sa was no longer a user in GP.  I
> > > received
> > > the answer below about re-adding it, but I don't know how to add a userid
> > > in
> > > to a table.  I can't find anything on knowledgebase about this.  We don't
> > > have the SQL Enterprise Manager but use the SQL 2005 Management Studio
> > > Express.
> > >
> > > Can anyone help me?  I just need to know the script that will add it to
> > > these tables.
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > >
> > > Tracey D
> > >
> > > "Therefore it will be just a matter of adding 'sa' USERID into the
> > > following
> > > tables in DYNAMICS database as a minimum.
> > > Once added, use another existing logon in DynamicsGP to configure the
> > > security role of POWERUSER for 'sa' into each company you have
> > >
> > > SY01400 - one entry needed
> > > SY60100 - one entry for each company database, as seen in SY01500"
> > >

> > .

Sql Server Group Database Location?
Hi, I just recently installed MS CRM 3.0 (SQLServer 2000) The installation instruction specify creating the CRM database under the local Sql Server Group. Something about this doesn't seem right and I want to double check. The Great Plains database is not installed under the LOCAL group, rather it is installed under BRESLOW-DC\GREATPLAINS. (GP8.0) Why isn't the MS CRM database installed under a similar group, in our case BRESLOW-DC\CRM or even under the same group BRESLOW-DC\GREATPLAINS. It doesn;t feel right that it is installed under the LOCAL SQL Server Group. Please confir...

Intelligent Pivot Table with Large Data Sets
Pivot Tables are great with small datasets. Does anyone have suggestions of products that can datasource from a ODBC source and manage large datasets (1M+ rows), visualizing the dat in a crosstab/pivottable format ? Unfortunately the underlying logic in the PivotTable/MSquery link isn' too intelligent in that is always wants to read the whole darn databas table before even presenting a field list. I assume this is due to th abstraction of the data created by sticking MS/Query inbetween th Excel pivot table service and the actual datasource? Seems pretty simply from a conceptual POV: 1. ...

"grouping" a table to prevent change from users
Hi, I would like to group an entire table with a wdContentControlGroup type of Content Control to prevent editing from users except in some wdContentControlRichText type of Content Control. I'm having problem in passing the right Range of the table. If I use: With ActiveDocument Set r = .Tables(1).Range Set objcc = .ContentControls.Add(wdContentControlGroup, r) End With an error "5224" "Wrong selection" arise. If I use: With ActiveDocument .Tables(1).Select Set objcc = .ContentControls.Add(wdCo...

Albert Kallal or Marshall Barton Help please
Multi Select Example: http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/msaccess/msaccess.html From another post Marshall, you suggested the code above to solve my problem of an undbound check box in a continous form. This really looks like it will work for me. I have spent about 2 hours going over the code and trying to change it for my database, but I am missing something. Would either of you be willing to help? Please. Sue Not sure if this will help but here is the entire code for the form I am trying to use the code on. I am so sure I have missed something simple to those who know th...

need help with formula #2
how to write a formula? if cell =>24 multiple by 22. if cell is <24, multiply 24 by 22, multiply difference by 33 add together -- Kerri Where do I find the difference "Kerri Olsen" wrote: > how to write a formula? > if cell =>24 multiple by 22. if cell is <24, multiply 24 by 22, multiply > difference by 33 add together > -- > Kerri See Help for "IF worksheet function" I can't be more specific without a better description of the alternative calculations. Jerry "Kerri Olsen" wrote: > how to write a formula? > if cell ...

2 pivot tables on one tab
Is it possible to put 2 Pivot tables on the same tab in my workbook? Or does anyone have any ideas on what would be the best way to chart Capital Pircahses? I have 5 coums and 4 rows. The rows are per division, and the columns are for the disposal amount, gain or loss, book value, depreciation & purchase price. I already have one pivot table in my report. Would this be too repeatative? Thanks You can put multiple pivot tables onto a worksheet. If the second one is based on the same data, select and copy the first, select a cell some distance away, and paste it. Each pivot table...

CPU spikes on sql server
We have noticed most of the same performance issues that are reported around here, but in trying to research a few of these I noticed the following strange behavior. Every 10 minutes a sql agent runs a process for "stored procedure priming". When this runs, the cpu on the server pegs at 100% for about 30 seconds. then back to 0% or so until the next firing This is a almost brand new install and only 1 or 2 users hit it. We have only begun to put data into it, so there isn't very much. Seems odd to me that a frequently scheduled process would hit things that hard that ...

Pivot Table Data Ranges
I just upgraded to excel2000, and am finding out that keyboard shortcuts used in 97 do not exist in 2000. Does anyone know of a KEYBOARD shortcut to modify, expand and or create data ranges in the dialog box for entering the range for the pivot. I have many data 'lists' which are added to each month, and when I want to update the corresponding pivot table, I used to simply hit "shift" + "end" + "down arrow" to automatically go to the last populated cell in the list. In 2000, I either have to enter in the cell addy's manually or use the mouse...

Pivot Table Freezes
I have many pivot tables off a large database and they periodically freeze when I refresh the data. Only solution is to crash out. Any ideas, comments, solutions out there. The machine has been checked out OK. I work on a network - checked out OK. Maybe this is the problem: XL2000: PivotTable Updated Slowly with OLAP Data Source http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=237469 Jimbo wrote: > I have many pivot tables off a large database and they periodically freeze > when I refresh the data. Only solution is to crash out. Any ideas, comments, > solutions out there....

editing frustrations in pulication view( HELP!)
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel What im trying to do is design a template where every single page has the same layout, so i can just go through and fill out the info in the appropriate places. In publication view, under master page, i got it all set up. When I go back to what i considered was regular view to start filling in what i need i face a few troubles. For one the header foot window thing shows up and wont go away unless i click the X, but then that grays EVERYTHING out and I cannot work on my document. so i click around to make it pop ...

Formula Help 02-02-10
How do I enter a formula to look at a number and based on calculation round up or down to nearest hundreth? For example 421 would round down to 400 while 573 would round up to 600. try =round(a1,-2) where A1 has the number you want to round to the 100's "Jackie Morin" wrote: > How do I enter a formula to look at a number and based on calculation round > up or down to nearest hundreth? For example 421 would round down to 400 while > 573 would round up to 600. You could look up ROUND in Excel help. Try =ROUND(A2,-2) -- David Biddulph Jackie Morin wr...

missing toolbar in Word's Help screen
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC When I try to access the Help system from Word 2008 (or Excel, for that matter), there is no toolbar at the top of the Help screen--there's no Search box, Topics, Back/Forward, Home, or Print buttons. The PowerPoint Help screen, on the other hand, does have its toolbar. I'm on a Mac PowerPC G4 running OS 10.4.11. <br><br>How can I make the toolbar available for Word's and Excel's Help screens? Click the oblong button at the right end of the Help window's Title Bar. HTH |:>) ...

Change IP address in Excel Sheet for SQL sever
We have change the IP address of our SQL Sever from 192.168.0.xxx to 192.168.0.4. This results in big problems as all our Excel Sheets with Pivots and SQL Queries in the have stopped working. Cause is that instead of using name we have used IP address in our ODBC set-up so the Excel file has the IP insted of the name of the SQL server. Now, one way to solve this is to save every sheet as XML and then change the adress, then import it and save it as an xls file again - losing graphs etc. Is there anyone that have an alternate solution to this problem and I will be eternaly greatful -...

Find cell numbers in a table so I can multiply
Hello, I have a word document and in the documents header there is a table. This table a has diferent number of cells in each row like: Row one: 2 cells Row two: 4 cells Row three: 2 cells Row four: 10 cells Row five: 2 cells What I wanted to do is multipy 3 cells together thats in row four and show the total in the same row. I have a number in the 3rd cell that needs * by the number in the fith cell that needs * by the number in the seventh cell and totaled in the 9th cell. I know I have to select the ninth cell and select table/formula then what? -- Thanks, Chad I ...

Formula Help
I have first names in one column and last names in a second column and I need to combine them in one column for an import. The formula I usually use is =A1&" "&B1 but for some reason it doesn't want to work for this spreadsheet. It's Office 2007 and I've saved the file as a regular worksheet. Any ideas? Never mind, it's just something with this particular spreadsheet. I copied and pasted the columns into a new one and it worked. "Brittany" wrote: > I have first names in one column and last names in a second column and I need >...

Need help storing all my emails before i redo my pc outlook 2003
i have microsoft outlook 2003 on windows xp i need to redo my pc but i dont want to loose my emails and contacts and I have too many things stored in files it'sjust too many things to move one by one thanks iris The file you need to back up is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "IrisR" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:a1b901c434bd$d94a3940$a...

Need advice on 5.5 migration
Our current setup is all NT4 servers and I am running Exch 5.5. My boss wants a whole new domain created for new servers that we will be getting that will be running 2003 server and exchange 2003 (current servers are too outdated for an upgrade). I have set this up in a test environment and created the trusts and ran the ADMT and things ran fairly smoothly except password issues but that may be another post later. My question is which is the best way to approach this from an Exchange standpoint? Should the 2003 join the existing site or should I create a new exchange site for the 2003?...

Sizing Data Tables on a chart
When I have a data table attached to a chart and size the chart, the data table does not size proportionately ...

at times i have to reboot to start Outlook 2003, any help?
it would be appreciated Sounds like you have a 3rd party application or addin that isn't letting Outlook close properly. Try bringing up the task list (start > run > tasklist.exe > ok button) to see if Outlook is still running when it won't start. (check the processes tab) "skimmi" <skimmi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42FAFCC7-55BC-45DB-B8D7-674FF9638B14@microsoft.com... > it would be appreciated Not sure if this helped or not? The problem did happen again and tried what you suggested but the screen only flashed up momentari...

SQL Command match Items to Matrix
SQL command that will put all items which contain a certain Supplier ID # to be added to a matrix that I have created. We have a company and we want to do a matrix for all of there items. But instead of manually adding each item to the matrix. If I could run an SQL command that will take all items with the supplier ID attached to them and have them added to the matrix. I am aware that I will still have to label the dimensions. It would just be fantastic if I could do a mass add. Hopefully someone has a creative mind. I tried some commands, but I am not an SQL master either. I know that ...

Excel Pivot tables and charts
How do I retain pivot chart formats that I have made (esp. column colours) after refreshing the data on the source pivot table? Hi, Loss of chart formatting wwith regards to pivot charts is a know problem, which requires VBA to re apply recorded formatting. XL2000: Changing a PivotChart Removes Series Formatting (Q215904) <http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q215904 > Cheers Andy Pauleze wrote: > How do I retain pivot chart formats that I have made (esp. column colours) > after refreshing the data on the source pivot table? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP...

How to run a make table qry from switchboard
I have built a switchboard that runs reports. All of the reports are built from queries which have a common table. That table is built from a make table query. Question: How can I run the make table query from the switchboard so that my data is up to date? THANKS OK...I figured out how to get the Query to run...So now, how do I Supress the question windows and get them to automatically select "Yes" so the Make table will run without the user having to select Yes to delete and Yes to run? Thanks "Rachael" wrote: > I have built a switchboar...

Need query to return absence of record
Hello all, hope everyone is doing well this fine morning! I need some help in constructing a query. I have three tables, designed as so: Personnel FullName(PK) Department Classes ClassName(PK) TrainingHistory *Junc table between Personnel and Classes* FullName(FK) ClassName(FK) DateTaken TrainingHistory records every instance of a class taken by all personnel. I need to be able to find people who HAVE NOT taken a given class. I need to be able to pick what class I search for each time I do the query. For example, I need to know who in the organization has NOT t...

Need site for VB Tutorial
Hello Can someone suggest some site to learn VB?? Thanks Tom -- SMIL ----------------------------------------------------------------------- SMILE's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=488 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26676 Hi see: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "SMILE" <SMILE.1dp2ta@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:SMILE.1dp2ta@excelforum-nospam.com... > > Hello > Can someone suggest some site to learn VB...

need example code to get the contactID from SFA/conts/edit.aspx...
Hi!! My question is: How can I get the right ContactID from the current/opened Contact in Microsoft CRM? Can I read the ContactID out from the URL? Is there an example Code available? Microsoft�s SDK for CRM is not very helpful for this Problem. Has anybody already an example code? Thank you for your help! Greetings Daniel You should be able to get it from the query string, as long as you make sure that the entry in the isv.config file with the link to your app has the variable "PassParams" equal to 1 For example: <Button Title="Test" ToolTip="Info on Test&qu...