Need additional dimensions in Payroll Posting Accounts Setup

Team,

We desperately need the following dimension codes added to the Payroll
Posting Accounts Setup:

Divsion
Location
Employee Class

We place GP payroll in large government agencies and the current 2
dimensions (department & position) are woefully inadequate. These
organizations are complex and have multiple business units and funds for
which payroll transactions much be uniquely identified in the general ledger.
There are a lot of Microsoft and ePartners people trying to place GP in
public sector institutions but until this problem is solved, we are going to
be severely limited.

Jeffery Southworth, CPA
ePartners Incorporated
972.322.5792

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=1620bcbb-a903-4d2e-962b-e36e91711fbb&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

need help with formula #7
I have a date counting formula for figuring out number days, or months, or years left befor retirement. By placing the date of retirement and todays date it will tell the user the number of years, or the number of months, or the number of total days left. Now I also have number of working days. I figure useing a formula to subtract the number of weekend days 104 plus 15 days for vacation from a full year. My problem is that if they have less than a year, I need a formula to figure out how many weekend days off are between the retirement day and the present day. Thanks in advance. Chec...

uploading a website, dumb stuff, but I need help
This is my first time, and go figure, Verizon is no help (my ISP). How can I make it work. I'm dumfounded. I created the html files in Publisher, but when I upload them using WS FTP, only the default (1st) page works, and none of the links work. How about you tell us what version of Windows and Publisher you are using? -- I'm going to guess you are using version 2002. I recommend you review my 2002 tutorial at www.davidbartosik.com/ppt.htm I also recommend you use our forum at microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign -- David Bartosik - Microsoft MVP Visit www.davidbartosi...

Just upgraded test 3.0 install to 4.0, weird error when opening account?
We are working on a full implementation to crm 3.0 in our office. Still working out some of the bug there. So, we decided to upgrade our test box to 4.0, so we can see if any of the bug we are having are worked out in 4.0. It appears that maybe they are... YAY :) But, when i open an account in 4.0, i get an error box that i have to hit OK 4 times, then everything is alright, and i can see the account, and check everything out. here is the error that is in the bottom of the pop up: http://127.0.0.1:5555/companyname/_common/error/dlg_error.aspx?hresult=Not%20available&errmessage= Tha...

How do I stop rounding in simple addition formula in Excel, 1 cen.
I am using Excel 2002, and created a workbook where dollars and cents are used. When I write the formula =sum(#,#,#) it calculates the result one cent off the actual total. Like $2623.27 is shown and it should be $2628.28. Can this be fixed? Check out John's web page on the subject: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/pennyoff.html -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "bjm1010" &l...

Downloaded "Fitness Chart for Males" need it in metric?
The template is set in imperial measurement, is there a metric version available? Hi, This says it metric. http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/templates/TC010762691033.aspx?CategoryID=CT010482871033 Cheers Andy Bewildered wrote: > The template is set in imperial measurement, is there a metric version > available? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Handling ATM transactions showing up in my checking account
How can I handle this - an ATM withdrawl shows that money has been removed, yet doesn't account for where it goes. Prior to Money Plus, I used an Excel spreadsheet to track expenses. In the spreadsheet format, I disregarded ATM transaction and opted to put my expenses into the spreadsheet. Now with Money Plus - it brings in my ATM withdrawls automatically. Any suggestions how do I override the ATM transactons so I can see the true expenses? Thanks, Jack In microsoft.public.money, Jack Ferrell <Jack Ferrell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I handle this - an...

Gratuity in Payroll Module
Hello Friends, Can anyone assist me how to handle "Gratuity" in Payroll module of MSGP 9.0 OR any work around . Quick response will be highly appreciated. -- With Regards Junaid Idrees Associate Project Manager Enterprise Business Solutions 4th Floor mehdi towers,shahra-e-faisal karachi,Pakistan. 092-021-4392536 ...

adding exchange account error
I have SBS2000 w exch2k sp3. I have 10 users using office 2000 with no problems. We received a corperate hand down pc last week with Win2k & office XP. When I try to setup the exchange mail account it gives me an error that it can not login to the exchange server. I am logged into the domain and my login script is running. I checked my DNS entries and they are to the 2K server. It can resolve the server name. Any help is appreciated. Hello, Please review the following article and check for RPC Binding Order and RPC ClientProtocols: 325930 XCCC: How to Troubleshoot Connectivity I...

One account, Multiple email aliases
Hi, My ISP allows me to have multiple aliases, (3). When I set them up in outlook 2002, I get three copy of every emails I receive, regardless of the aliases it's sent to. All three email accounts logs in to the POP server with the same username and password, but have different email address. Any idea on how I can prevent outlook from getting 3 times the same email ? Thanks, Erik an alias is merely a pointer to one single address. Simply set up your main address, and all other emails will go to it - no need to set up stuff for the others (in fact im surprised you can access th...

I did a reset account of a computer account in AD which is an exchange server #2
How can I get the exchange to talk back to the AD again ... Thanks Andy ...

Specify two server accounts
Hi, My MS Outlook is set up for two server accounts: Account 1 - In: work server, Out: work server, User info: work e-mail address Account 2 - In: home server, Out: home server, User info: work e-mail address I've set up the user info to show my work e-mail address in both cases because I reply to a lot of work e-mails at home. However, I also check and respond to home e-mails while I'm at work (using the work server); and also respond to home emails at home (using the home server). I would like my sent e-mails to show my home e-mail address. So I set up these additional ...

Inventory Transaction Created through RMA not Posting Through
We are having problems with the inventory transactions created from RMA's not posting through all the way. When we review the Edit List on the batches, the serial information is missing, and that is why the batches will not post. Normally, inventory trans created from RMA's pick up the serial information from the RMA and then post all the way through. I have confirmed this against the documentation I have from MS that this is correct/expected result. We have tested and does not appear to be specific to RMA type, customer, date, item, etc. We have confirmed that the serial informati...

WellsFargo Acct setup
Hi Everyone, I tried to set up wellforgo direct. It asks for UserId (SSN) and Password. It says that password should be 4 digit only, but I have more than 4 digits. I am unable to set it up. Will any one has any idea why it is asking only 4 digit passowrd? How can I set up this account? Thanks Apparently, a Money account login at Wells Fargo is different than your PIN and your Web page login. Call WF customer service and ask them to setup the Money login. Do an advanced search for newsgroup microsoft.public.money at http://groups.google.com and you will find LOTS of previous discussion o...

how do i get different post cadts to print on one sheet?
I want to be able to print on sheet of all differnt post cards? littlebit86_ <littlebit86_@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I want to be able to print on sheet of all differnt post cards? Use the Mail Merge feature if it's just different addresses you need. If you need entirely different designs, you'll need to manually set up your labels on a larger page. Set the page size in File > Page Setup to the size of your sheet of labels, and then set the layout guides to the positions of the individual labels. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Pu...

OT: Anybody in here do much with COM? Need to know what newsgroups...
....to use to post the following question: "What is the relationship between deploying and registering a typelib for your COM components and a proxy for said components?" Thanks, WTH "WTH" <nospam@spamtheman.com> wrote in message news:e88StatPFHA.3076@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > ...to use to post the following question: > > "What is the relationship between deploying and registering a typelib for > your COM components and a proxy for said components?" > > Thanks, > > WTH > > Try the microsoft.public.vc.atl newsg...

1099 Vendor setup allow all 1099 options
Allow all options when setting up vendors for 1099's, so that the correct option can be put in when vendor is set up.(Non-employee compensation, rent, etc.) ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGr...

In Account Overview report, increase display of Contacts from 10 to 20
Hi all, I am making a custom version of the Account Overview report and, among other changes, increasing the number of Contacts displayed from 10 to 20. This is the code that I found that does it: "=IIF(Fields!fullname.Value = "(Limited to 10 contacts) - - ",ReportItems!txtlimited10con.Value,Fields!fullname.Value)" Can anyone please tell me how to change it to do what I want? If I change the 10s to 20s and I build I get this error message: "The value expression for the textbox 'txtAddcontacts' refers to the report item 'txtlimited20con'. Report item...

eConnect Integration with Project Accounting
hi, Can anyone tell me the in eConnect version 10 is having APIs to create the budget for a Project from custom application. As far as I know eConnect 9 did not have this interface. Regards Malik I haven't worked with Project Accounting yet, but does the taPAProjectBudgetMaster not serve the purpose of creating a budget? This element exists in eConn 9 and 10. HTH Scott "malik" wrote: > hi, > Can anyone tell me the in eConnect version 10 is having APIs to create the > budget for a Project from custom application. As far as I know eConnect 9 did > not have ...

Need Great Plains/FRx Forecaster helpin Bay Area-full/parttime/eve
My company is looking for technical and functional people in Great Plains or in FRx Forecaster. The individual should be local in the California Bay Area/Silicon Valley We are flexible and will consider full time/part time/ evenings/week end schedules. Send resumes directly to greatplainsuser@gmail.com ...

ps...i only need powerpoint but..
Will i have access to all the office programs? And how/where is the agreement section and activation wizard it tells me about?!! Thanks! Well, it all depends on what you buy, doesn't it? "jasminegirl99" <jasminegirl99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B774DED7-FB1C-4FD0-8FDF-E5A8C8937EB8@microsoft.com... : Will i have access to all the office programs? And how/where is the : agreement section and activation wizard it tells me about?!! : : Thanks! ...

The service that allows you to download transactions from MSN Money My Account has been disabled.
Hi, I recently changed my Windows Live password. When I triy to setup online access to a credit card I get the message: "The service that allows you to download transactions from MSN Money My Account has been disabled. Close and reopen Money. If the problem persists then try turning the service off and then re-enabiling it. If the problem still persists you will need to re-enable the service with a new Windows Live ID." How do I turn off/re-enable the sevice? Do I really need a new Windows Live ID? I am using Microsoft Money Home & Business Version 17.0.150.72...

Lock cell dimensions
After I have adjusted the row and column dimensions to just the way that I want them, can I lock them so that they will be the same next time it is loaded/opened? Thanks Brian Tozer "Brian Tozer" <briantoz@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message news:bs971s$vkb$1@lust.ihug.co.nz... > After I have adjusted the row and column dimensions to just the way that I > want them, can I lock them so that they will be the same next time it is > loaded/opened? > > Thanks > Brian Tozer > > Why do you need to 'lock' them? When you close a workbook and open it again, ...

need to sync a pda with a shared calendar
i need some advice ive been asked to come up with a way to create a shared calendar on exchange2003 for my department. and then be able to sync it with our pda's someone on here sometime ago mention MasterCal is there any advice on this i this what i realy need is a way to sync a calendar in the public folders with my on calender and then i can syn it with my pda any ideals "James" <jgrace@digitelusa.net> wrote in message news:etQMeloeEHA.3632@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > i need some advice > ive been asked to come up with a way to create a shared calendar on &g...

Public Folder Replication Problem [need help]
I'm 90% done migrating my Exchange 2003 server to new hardware, I'm having trouble finishing this step - replicating the Public Mail Store.. I've added the new server to the replication tab in ESM, the folders are showing up under the new server, and are in sync! However in ESM when I go Administrative Groups -> First Admin Group -> Folders -> Public Folders, there is a list here.. this list is what shows on Outlook clients under "public folders".. when I right click this folder and say Connect to.. and select the new server's public mail store, I get ...

Currency accounting question
Hi There, I have exported data from Access 2002 to excel 2002 so i can change it and then import it into MYOB accounting. The problem is Access spits out the data like this (eg) 3909 when it should be $39.09 No matter what i format i try to use i end up with $3,909 or $3,909.00. Is there a simple formula i can use to change all my cells? I have about 500 to change and manually it would be a real pain!! Any help is greatly appreciated. Cheers and Thanks Mitch Mitch, You can divide all the values by 100 by entering 100 in some empty cell, then copy that cell, select the values to be divid...