My Reports - Can't see any reports in Report List

When I click on the My Reports - Change Details option on my Home page, it
tells me there are reports in the list, but the columns all look blank.
What's worse is that if I double-click on one of the blank lines, there's
actually a report there and it will open a window to run the report.  I've
tried clicking the Refresh button, tried loading different lists - the new
lists load, but still all columns are blank.  Any idea what is going on?
--
DJanson
0

DJanson

"DJanson" wrote:

> When I click on the My Reports - Change Details option on my Home page, it
> tells me there are reports in the list, but the columns all look blank.
> What's worse is that if I double-click on one of the blank lines, there's
> actually a report there and it will open a window to run the report.  I've
> tried clicking the Refresh button, tried loading different lists - the new
> lists load, but still all columns are blank.  Any idea what is going on?
> --
> DJanson
0
DJanson (11)
10/31/2007 6:04:00 PM
I have seen this happen on some video drivers.  The early Virtual PC products
on some inexpensive Dell PCs did exactly this.  Loading the product directly
on the Dell solved the display issue so it had to be the VPC product.

Experiment with video settings.  Check with your system manufacturer to see
if there are any updated video drivers.

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"DJanson" wrote:

> --
> DJanson
>

> "DJanson" wrote:
>
> > When I click on the My Reports - Change Details option on my Home page, it
> > tells me there are reports in the list, but the columns all look blank.
> > What's worse is that if I double-click on one of the blank lines, there's
> > actually a report there and it will open a window to run the report.  I've
> > tried clicking the Refresh button, tried loading different lists - the new
> > lists load, but still all columns are blank.  Any idea what is going on?
> > --
> > DJanson
0
info4071 (3005)
11/1/2007 3:53:01 AM
The video driver would make sense considering.............
I have a Gateway PC, but it has been around for a while.  AND yesterday I
worked on installing GP on a new PC running Vista and when I opened this
window I DID see the list.
Thanks.
--
DJanson

"Richard Whaley -- MVP" wrote:

> I have seen this happen on some video drivers.  The early Virtual PC products
> on some inexpensive Dell PCs did exactly this.  Loading the product directly
> on the Dell solved the display issue so it had to be the VPC product.
>
> Experiment with video settings.  Check with your system manufacturer to see
> if there are any updated video drivers.
>
> --
> Richard L. Whaley
> Author / Consultant / MVP
> Documentation for Software Users

> http://www.AccoladePublications.com
>

> "DJanson" wrote:
>

> > --
> > DJanson
> >

> > "DJanson" wrote:
> >
> > > When I click on the My Reports - Change Details option on my Home page, it
> > > tells me there are reports in the list, but the columns all look blank.
> > > What's worse is that if I double-click on one of the blank lines, there's
> > > actually a report there and it will open a window to run the report.  I've
> > > tried clicking the Refresh button, tried loading different lists - the new
> > > lists load, but still all columns are blank.  Any idea what is going on?
> > > --
> > > DJanson
0
DJanson (11)

how to see the data in a subform when you close the form and then
I have a subform within a form. When data is entered into the subform, it goes into the table just fine, so I know the data is there. But, when I close the form, then open it back up, I can't see any of the data. I know there is a setting somewhere that I need to change to allow the data to be seen, I just can't remember where it is. I've looked in the Properties menu already, and can't seem to figure it out. Thanks! Is your subform set to DataEntry = Yes? That would be one possible cause for 'new' data disappearing after saving. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft...

can't see received messages in inbox
Just set up outlook 2003. Have 3 accounts on different mail servers. Tested the sample message and they ran successfully. Now, when I send myself mail, can't see any received mail. It says it is receiving in the progress bar but nothing appears in the inbox. Nothing gets received even if I send it with outlook express, close it down and try to receive it with outlook. sidfleis wrote: > Just set up outlook 2003. Have 3 accounts on different mail servers. Tested > the sample message and they ran successfully. Now, when I send myself mail, > can't see any received mail. It...

Outlook 2003 Imap Auto Purge wish list
I hope someone at Microsoft can code in a auto purge Imap deleted email function into there next Service Pack. I can see a problem rolling this out to our employees. There going to delete messages and those messages are going to stay on the Email server until they do a Purge. I'm afraid they just won't do this. We use Imap. No auto purge means emails staying on the server which over time just takes up hard drive space and makes tape backups take longer. wayne Hi Wayne, You should send suggestions to mswish@microsoft.com as the newsgroups are not monitored for feature request...

Outlook 2003 cant see email body
I upgraded a machine from outlook 2000 to outlook 2003. I cannot view the body of the emails. they are listed in the folders and the autopreview shows the fiorst three lines on most of them but the html body seems to have disappeared. This applies to newly received as well as old emails. ...

Report Format

Cannot delete report
Hi All, I have install the report manager sometime ago, it is working fine. Until recently we found that when i click the action menu, nothing is come out. I can't delete or rename the report. But I can add new report. Do anyone encouter this before? Thanks. -- Regards, Venedict ...

Log ON Report Manager
Install Report Manger in the Server CRM Satisfactorily, but I have problems when I do log on to Crystal APS, I am using an account of domain administrator and it does not allow me to accesar to the APS. APS User Name: CCSGR3000\crmadmin APS password: ********* APS Server:servcrm I need Help, Thanks. The problem is with the login. Use the following: APS User Name: administrator Password: (should be blank) APS server: localhost (if it's local) I did run into a problem that Report Manager couldn't be accessed from anywhere on the network. It was an IIS configuration problem. &q...

Inserting Excel into Access Reports

Payables Trial Balance Report with Options
I am trying to run an A/P Trial Balance Report today that will give me the A/P balance at January 31, 2007. I keep getting the balance as as February 28, 2007. I've run the same report for A/R and am able to get the balance as at January 31, 2007. Currently using GP 9.0. With my previous employer who was also using GP 9.0, I sure that we were able to run an A/P Trial Balance report for a previous period. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I my be missing or what may be set up incorrectly? -- JR JR, The only date that you can spcify on the Aged Trial Balance With Options, ...

Display Report Header/Footer
Can somebody please give me the telephone number of the smartass MS VP who came up with the bright idea for the Ribbon so that I can call her and have her tell me how to display the Report Header & Footer in a report? Obviously, I must be an idiot because I can't figure out how to do it with this simplied, intuitive, help-ya out m***** fu***** ribbon. Oh stupid me, its under 'ARRANGE'. How idiotic of me to think that it'd under 'DESIGN' since I'm 'designing' a report as opposed to 'arrangeing' a report. "microsoft"...

Crystal Report not found on File Repository Server
I recently upgraded our MSCRM server to a new server. We don't typically use the internal CRM reports, we have some custom ones created with PowerTrack that we primarily use. The CEO tried today though to open one of the canned MSCRM reports and got this error message. I tried the others and I get it on all of them. CrystalReportViewer File frs://Input/a_063/021/000/5439/6ac34043c58b1112.rpt not found on File Repository Server. I checked the input folder in c:\program files\crystal ent 9\filestore\input and it is empty. I would have copied them from the old server, but it is ...

Outlook 2007 - Exchange 2003
I just upgraded my desktop to Office 2007 - Removing the older Office2000. Our Network is all 2003 Servers & Exchange. My Destop is XP SP3 In OL2007 I cannot see/find any of the exisitng public shared calendars that I could see/access in OL2000. I can see them when I'm in Webmail and desktops still running Office 2000 can see the public calendars. Any help is appreciated. Thanks John Which navigation pane are you in? Press Ctrl+6 to see the folder list. BTW, Did you keep the old Outlook 2000 profile? We recommend new profiles when upgrading from older versions. ...

eXtender and Crystal Reports
I've created a Crystal Report to print eOne solutions eXtender fields. They store inaformation in 4 different tables: EXT00101 (String), EXT00102(Numbers), EXT00103(Date),EXT00104(Time).. I have created a View that unions all these tables - and convert them into a Varchar.. Once that is done, I've created a function called GetExtFieldValue where i pass the extender window id and field number and it returns the value for that string. This report was working fine and all of a sudden it became so slow that now it takes 7 minutes to get one record. If I delete all the data from EXT...

Calculate Subreport totals in a main report Group footer
Hi all Apologies if this has been answered before but I can’t find it. I have a main Report with a Group called “Product_Category” which lists a number of “Products” in the Detail I have a Subreport named “product_costs” which has a record for each date and Text Boxes named “materials” and “fuel” (there are more but I’ll keep it simple). The Subreport sums all costs and has Text Boxes named “summaterials” and “sumfuel” in the footer (all with a height of 0.1cm) The Subreport is embedded in the Detail of the Categories and linked by Product_id In the Detail of the Main Rep...

EDC Reports
Is there a way to gain access to the EDC report(s) in SO Manager without having to configure it for EDC? I need the accounting department and back office mangers to be able to look at and print these reports without them actually having to or needing to do any EDC processing. You could use the Tender Summary report (Reports | Misc | Tender Summary) to get credit card totals by type & register. Marc "Alex" <Alex@no.com> wrote in message news:edLaU8DUHHA.2212@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to gain access to the EDC report(s) in SO Manager without >...

Report Query in RMS
Is there somewhere that I could get some information as to how the reports in RMS are composed. When you look at the various reports they all seem fairly simple in there basic structure. Are the any examples of how these reports are composed. The //--- Columns ---// iformation seems to be the same in most reports, same as the //--- Title Rows ---//. Setting up the flitters and the TablesQueried I need to understand. I have the schema for 1.2. How do I better understand the following or what do I need to learn. I wish I was in college again and had all the time in the world. //--- Repo...

Multiple Report Dictionaries
We just acquired another company and some of the modified reports will need to be different than the ones we currently use. There are a few people that will need to work with both companies in Great Plains. Is there a way to change which reportws dictionary a company uses - or a user uses - without editing the launch file? Thanks,, Mike You could have two installations of the client on the workstation. Each installation would have a different dictionary file. The user would have to pick the right one. "MikeW" <MikeW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Sending multiple Emails so each person does not get the list
We want to send out multiple emails to several email accounts. We dont want the accounts to see the list of accounts that the email went to. How does one do this in Outlook? In any contacts folder, Tools | Mail Merge is the best choice. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "tom" <Spamblocker@ameritech.net> wrote in message = ...

see a sample breaking down a paragraph.to spreadsheet
New user, have a paragraph to put on spreadsheet,what-if analysis and chart. Have a chart wizzard, but have no idea how to out line the paragraph to put on spreadsheet. Roni henderson Woodchips@frontiernet.net. I'm not sure what you're asking or what version of Word you need instructions for, but I think this is what you want. Click, insert, text box on ribbon (2007) or view, toolbars, drawing, and click text box button (<=2003). Size and position as desired. Type in your paragraph. Right click on it and choose Format, text box or shape depending on Word version and set ...

User list
I'm wondering how to check the users on Exchange Server 2003, I tried it on E2k3 by [PS] W:\>Get-Mailbox -server Exchange2k3, and I got nothing in the list, but when I tried to remove Exchange Server 2003, I got an error, The component "Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration Services" cannot be assigned the action "Remove" because: - One or more users currently use a mailbox store on this server. These users must be moved to a mailbox store on a different server or be mail disabled before uninstalling this server. Any idea? Thanks. I followed the instruc...

How to remove locations from the drop-down list?
My drop down list for appointment locations contains a few duplicate entries, usually because one of the duplicates contains a spelling error. How can I get rid of these false entries so that I don't always have to be super-cautious to pick the correct one? M. "Michael Moser" <michael.nospam.moser@nospam.freesurf.ch> wrote in message news:DF17B5F2-DA57-48A7-B7DD-3B5A52F2A4E6@microsoft.com... > My drop down list for appointment locations contains a few duplicate > entries, usually because one of the duplicates contains a spelling error. > How ...

Exporting Daily Z-reports from MRS to Quickbooks
Hello all, Basicly im trying to figure out how to export the daily Z-reports from Microsoft Retail Systems 1.2 to Quickbooks (I believe 2005) in 3 steps or fewer. Ideally, there should be a way to do this without exporting the data to a file, but rather do it directly from MRS after posting the z-report. If anyone can help please let me know if you are using the US version of Quickbooks, the ability to post directly from RMS to QB is built in - you just need to set it up and assign your accounts. Ask your RMS reseller and Accountant/Bookkeeper for help - usually takes about 2 hours t...

Sum of each grouped item in a report
I have a form that logs time spent on auditing activities for the Internal Auditors in my company. Each time the auditor performs an audit related task, they enter a new record under their name. This means they could have many occurences of the same function. I then created a query/report that breaks down the different auditing activities for each internal auditor. Management has now asked for a report that gives a total for each activity for each internal auditor (example - John Smith: Audit Prep - 2.25, Follow-up - 3.75, Audit - 7.50). I want to figure out how to do this on a rep...

win7; money plus deluxe; monthly report failures
When using Microsoft Windows 7 and Money Plus Deluxe v17.0.120.1415. I'm trying to prepare my monthly reports. I get the error, "Money requires Internet Explorer 6 to function properly. Please reinstall Internet Explorer 6 so these components can be added". Win7 has IE8. IE8 > IE6. Shouldn't this work? I searched for this error elsewhere and couldn't find it, or its resolution. Any tips/tricks would be great. thanks... P.S: I know Win7 is Beta and that with Beta's come issues like this... I have the same problem and I wish there was a fix for it. Does anyo...

Distribution list #7
How do I load a distribution list into the address book under a single heading ...