Multiple Service call entry windows.

Would like the ability to open multiple service call entry windows for
service call management.  Many times the users will be taking another call
before the previous call was completly entered so they are required to save
what they have to be able to open up the window again to start the next call.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=e9cb1bef-fd1f-479a-a9bb-11716a41f46e&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
Darin1 (13)

It appears that V10 will allow this.  Get ready to upgrade!
--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP

For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at
http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"Darin" wrote:

> Would like the ability to open multiple service call entry windows for
> service call management.  Many times the users will be taking another call
> before the previous call was completly entered so they are required to save
> what they have to be able to open up the window again to start the next call.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=e9cb1bef-fd1f-479a-a9bb-11716a41f46e&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
info4071 (3005)
3/21/2007 1:37:02 AM
Really?  I wonder how they would do that because Dexterity only allows 1
instance of a window to be open at a time.  So the only way to do this would
be to duplicate the existing window and give it a new name.  Presto, another
service call entry window.  I'll have to peek and see if that's the case.

patrick
developer support

"Richard L. Whaley" <info@AccoladePublications.com> wrote in message
> It appears that V10 will allow this.  Get ready to upgrade!
> --
> Richard L. Whaley
> Author / Consultant / MVP
> Documentation for Software Users
>
> For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at
> http://www.AccoladePublications.com
>

> "Darin" wrote:
>
>> Would like the ability to open multiple service call entry windows for
>> service call management.  Many times the users will be taking another
>> call
>> before the previous call was completly entered so they are required to
>> save
>> what they have to be able to open up the window again to start the next
>> call.
>>
>> ----------------
>> "I
>> this
>> then
>> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=e9cb1bef-fd1f-479a-a9bb-11716a41f46e&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

0
prot1 (1345)
3/22/2007 5:11:22 AM
Richard,

I was poking around in 10.0 today (not RTM of course) and was looking for
the extra service call window.  Didn't find one.  Not that it isn't there
but I guess I would think it would make itself obvious if it _was_ there.

patrick
developer support

"Patrick [MSFT]" <prot@online.microsft.com> wrote in message
> Really?  I wonder how they would do that because Dexterity only allows 1
> instance of a window to be open at a time.  So the only way to do this
> would be to duplicate the existing window and give it a new name.  Presto,
> another service call entry window.  I'll have to peek and see if that's
> the case.
>
> patrick
> developer support

> rights.
>

> "Richard L. Whaley" <info@AccoladePublications.com> wrote in message
>> It appears that V10 will allow this.  Get ready to upgrade!
>> --
>> Richard L. Whaley
>> Author / Consultant / MVP
>> Documentation for Software Users
>>
>> For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at
>> http://www.AccoladePublications.com
>>

>> "Darin" wrote:
>>
>>> Would like the ability to open multiple service call entry windows for
>>> service call management.  Many times the users will be taking another
>>> call
>>> before the previous call was completly entered so they are required to
>>> save
>>> what they have to be able to open up the window again to start the next
>>> call.
>>>
>>> ----------------
>>> This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
>>> suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
>>> "I
>>> Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow
>>> this
>>> link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
>>> then
>>> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>>>
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=e9cb1bef-fd1f-479a-a9bb-11716a41f46e&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

0
prot1 (1345)
3/23/2007 1:41:14 AM
Well, mark it up to Convergence Overload and the lack of a copy of V10 to
play with.

--

"Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:

> Richard,
>
> I was poking around in 10.0 today (not RTM of course) and was looking for
> the extra service call window.  Didn't find one.  Not that it isn't there
> but I guess I would think it would make itself obvious if it _was_ there.
>
> patrick
> developer support

> "Patrick [MSFT]" <prot@online.microsft.com> wrote in message
> > Really?  I wonder how they would do that because Dexterity only allows 1
> > instance of a window to be open at a time.  So the only way to do this
> > would be to duplicate the existing window and give it a new name.  Presto,
> > another service call entry window.  I'll have to peek and see if that's
> > the case.
> >
> > patrick
> > developer support
> >
> > --
> > rights.
> >

> > "Richard L. Whaley" <info@AccoladePublications.com> wrote in message
> >> It appears that V10 will allow this.  Get ready to upgrade!
> >> --
> >> Richard L. Whaley
> >> Author / Consultant / MVP
> >> Documentation for Software Users
> >>
> >> For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at
> >> http://www.AccoladePublications.com

0
info4071 (3005)

Multiple Outlook Clients
Hi, ive a short question about the outlook client. Weve just installed three CRM 3.0 Servers in our Company. I would like to integrate them alltogether in my outlook. Is it possible to install three outlook clients on one machine. The Setup application says no - but is there a workaround? regards Andreas Doubt it "Auderer Andreas" <Auderer Andreas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADA92C1F-382D-4E57-863A-66DEDF3E10C2@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > ive a short question about the outlook client. Weve just installed three > CRM > 3.0 Servers in o...

for non-windows class, how to send message?
I want to send message to non-windows class, how to do that? There is no concept like this. You can force it by deriving it from CWnd and create a hidden window. Why would you want to do this? Are you doing this across threads? --- Ajay "kathy" <yqin_99@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1145902467.211430.275490@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I want to send message to non-windows class, how to do that? There is a reason the OS is called "Windows". <grin> Depending on your exact case, you may just want to create a window, and use it. DanB Windows &q...

windows xp professional
After i log on, while uniblue is still running, a 'pop-up' appears next to the hidden icons arrow. It states: "your computer is at risk, no firewall. Click this balloon to protect your computer". Yet when i go into "control Panel" the settings are as they should be. This has happened 1/2 a dozen times. Is my firewall on or off? Thanks.. -- Steve, Horsecamp. Unfortunately, you posted your message in a Dynamics forum. You should post your question in a Windows XP Professional forum. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Steve" wrote: > After i log on, while...

Confirm window pop up for Firefox, IE but not Chrome
A "Confirm" window pop up for Firefox, IE but not Chrome for my web page with auto refresh every 10 seconds by javascript. How to stop this "Confirm" window from popping up? Operating System: Windows Vista Home URLs (if applicable):http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php? p=1070518#post1070518 Error Message: See the attached doc at the above URL for screen shot. ...

Multiple Numbers on ONE Label
I have several thousand labels I need to print. I would like to put up to 4 part numbers on each label (Avery 5164). These labels will placed on boxes that hold product. Some labels may only get 2 or 3 part numbers per label depending on size of the part. My part numbers are classified as S,M,L. Can this be done? Example... ABC123 - small ABC234 - large (max 2 numbers per label) ABC345 - small ABC456 - med (max 3 numbers per label) BCD123 - small BCD234 See: Print a Quantity of a Label at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-39.html The article assumes you have a Q...

Problems closing Windows Mail
When I try to close WM I get a box saying that WM has stopped working and Windows is looking for a solution. It then restarts and it is suggested I go to check for updates. I don't need to as I keep my computer up to date with all available updates but I did anyway and no updates were availoable. I have scanned for viruses etc but computer is clear. Could WM have become corrupted in some way? How can I solve this? Cannot find a download for WM itself, only Windows Live Mail but I would rather not go down that road. No improvements or updates for Windows Mail have been release...

error on sales order entry
when some of the users including sa and dynsa go to change quantities on sales invoices, the system tells them that 'you do not have access privileges to edit this field. Contact your system administrator'. We do not use field security and we dont have any customizations. Any suggestions where to look here? Jack, That isn't a GP error out of the box so I'm thinking that there must be at least one customization- possibly like Advanced Distribution from Trinity (not that I'm saying that you do) that you aren't thinking is like a "security type application&qu...

double-clicking a list entry
Whenever I double-click an entry in a list, my cursor jumps to the last entry in the list. Is there any way to prevent this? It's annoying! (I'm double clicking so that I can edit the entry. I know I can get around it by editing in the formula bar, but I prefer to do it in the cell instead) Sally, If you double-click the bottom boarder of the cell, it jumps to the last cell. If you double-click inside the cell, it opens the cell for editing. Regards, Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "Sally Sibthorpe" <SallySibthorpe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

stop online services
Hello, I understand that once I've completed setting up online services for an account, I can stop them from "management online services" by clicking on the bank link. However, if I started setting up online services for an account, but never completed it, the "stop online services" option does not appear for the bank. Instead of using online services, I'm logging in to the bank's site and downloading transactions and importing them into MM. In this case, in the Account List page, under the "To Review" column, a message that reads "Pro...

clearing the immediate window
I've looked into this and I find coding work arounds that I wouldn't expect would be needed after so many years of MS Access. You can do Debug.Print to put info in the immediate window but there doesn't seem to be anything like Debug.Clear. Well that just seems truly odd but typically microsoft so I figured I'd ask here to see if my findings are true. Thanks, Keith There's nothing to clear, why do you need it? or do you mean to clear the immediate window? Keith G Hicks wrote: >I've looked into this and I find coding work arounds that I would...

Windows Defender (Beta2) install?
Should I install Windows Defender (Beta2) on our Exchange2003 Server/Windows 2003 Server? On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 10:59:26 -0700, "Penny Miller" <Penny.Miller@co.chelan.wa.us> wrote: >Should I install Windows Defender (Beta2) on our Exchange2003 Server/Windows >2003 Server? > Absolutely not :) Its a beta. I wouldn't. Honestly, you shouldn't need it. You certainly shouldn't be browsing the net on your servers. "Penny Miller" <Penny.Miller@co.chelan.wa.us> wrote in message news:uKxcGwc1GHA.4116@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Should ...

Windows Explorer: How to get it to expand like I want?
WinXP Pro SP3 When in Windows Explorer, I expand a folders branch using the + sign next to the folders name in the Folders pane. Then I do this to another folders branch using the same technique. I want them both to remain expanded, but when I click on one of the folders in the branch, the other branch closes. I want them both to remain open while I inspect the contents of one of the branch's folders. Is there a way to make it do what I want? TIA Question is what caused this to change? What you ask for is normal behavior. Perhaps you can System Restore to time before it b...

Forwarding to Multiple addresses
Is it possible to automatically forwarding incoming internet email to multiple Internal email addresses in Exchange 2003 and if so does anyone know the procedure? Regards, Mark 1. If existing user, you can forward to Distribution Group (user properties | Exchange General | Delivery) 2. If not an existing user, you could also create a Distribution Group and assign it the (common) email address Forwarding will not distinguish between internet email and internal email - all email will be forwarded. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Mark" <cana...

problems with Window.print()
Hello, We have a problem where the Window.print() command does not work from custom forms that are hosted from the isv.config file,After clicking the print button on the print dialog box, it displays the print icon on the internet explorer status bar, but does not send the output to the printer. Any ideas? ...

Windows Server 2008 R2 04-09-10

Outlook 2002 with Windows Vista
I have just installed Outlook 2002, as part of Office XP, into my new laptop that has Windows Vista. I was using the trial version of Office 2007, but I uninstalled it when I did not buy it. Outlook was working fine. Also, Outlook 2002 was working fine on my other computer with Windows XP. Every time I run Outlook now, and then do a Send/Receive, it asks for passwords for my two email accounts. Then when I check my email accounts under Tools, Email Accounts, then View or change existing email accounts, then change each email account, in the section for logon information, there is a box ...

Macro problem
Hi, I have a spreadsheet for keeping track of my golf scores. The spreadsheet uses a macro for copying the scores to a database sheet and to a statistics sheet. When running this macro the process fails on the statistics sheet. It involves copying 2 matrices from the scorecard sheet to the statistics sheet. If I uninstall the security updates for Excel 2007 in Windows 7 the spreadsheet works like a charm. I usually just removes all excel updates and unchecks updates for excel in Windows Update. However, now I have this update, that keeps installing itself after a reboot (KB982308). I ...

Splitting a single row into multiple copies
I have a very weird situation that I'm hoping some of you might have seen (and possibly resolved). We're migrating data from one system to another and the business rules have changed. System 1 allowed a user to create a record for an item with a quantity > 1. System 2 doesn't permit a quantity > 1 for certain items. Is there a way to create multiple rows in the source table (or an intermediate table) based on a list of item types which are not allowed to have a quantity > 1? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Joel ...

Switch To... while calling COM Server
Hi, everybody I'm calling some third party COM Server function from my MFC application. This functions brings up some third party dialog. During this dialog display after 5-6 seconds the dialog "Switch To... The action cannot be completed....Server is busy.." appears. After I close this third party dialog, I have to click "Switch To..." and the rest is fine. Is it possible to figure which other processes are trying to reach this COM Server? How to avoid the appearance of this "Switch To..." dialog? Thank you, Alex "Alex" <alsim123@hotmail.c...

Attaching multiple files from ouside Outlook 2003
I'm running Outlook 2003 (non SP1) on all of my PCs. Outlook is configured on all PCs to use only HTML for emails (it's the default, anyways). If I attach 2 or more files (simultaneously) from windows explorer (using the "send to mail recipient), the email comes up as plain text. This happens on all clients. If only one file is attached, or if you attach multiple files *from the outlook email window itself*, then the email comes up as HTML, which is correct. We're using a document management system (DocsOpen) and it is not easy for my users to save each document to the desktop...

Single e-mail from list serve delivered to multiple mailboxes
Is there a way in Exchange 2003 to take a single e-mail from a outside mailing list and have it delivered to more than one mailbox without using rules? Thanks in advance, Harry Harry Zahlis wrote: > Is there a way in Exchange 2003 to take a single e-mail from a outside > mailing list and have it delivered to more than one mailbox without > using rules? > > Thanks in advance, > > Harry Sure, subscribe to the list using an address assigned to a distribution list/group that has the required mailboxes as members. Lanwench - Your suggestion got me to the right place. ...

Windows 98 .pub file isn't recognized by Windows XP
How do I access a .pub file generated with the Microsoft Publisher in Windows 98 in Windows XP Home Edition? It's not the version of *Windows* that matters - it's the version of *Publisher*. Which version of Publisher is loaded on the system with Win XP Home? And which version of Publisher are you using on the Win 98 system? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "nhwoods" <nhwoods@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E4976B9-76AE-4E17-92F1-63F5607A67EB@microsoft.com... > How do I access a .pub file generated with the Microsoft Publisher in ...

Changing Status on Service Activity
hi I am using service activity to schedule services. I have set up a service called training and set the Show Time As field to reserved. What i want to now do is setup a workflow which says if the current time is greater than the scheduled time change the status to completed and generate an order. Can someone please advice me how to go about this,. Kind Regards Ridhima ...

How to Save All Open Excel Windows??
How can I easily save all open windows in EXCEL? [I have Excel 97.] Thank you. -- Pat (To respond by email please remove "MYPANTS" from the email address at the top.) Excel has an Addin that can accomodate you: 1. Open Excel 2. Click Tools-->Addins 3. Enable/Check the AutoSave Addin and Click OK 4. Click Tool-->AutoSave 5. Choose the "Save All Open workbooks" option 6. (Optionally) Uncheck "Prompt Before Saving". This is not recommended because it will save all open workbooks without notifying you. If you've made any unwanted changes to any open work...