Multiple Servers?

Can FRX pull data from multiple servers which are physically sitting in
different locations?

My company has done an acquisition.  Does all of the GL data need to be
sitting on the same server or can I consolidate financial statements
from servers that are sitting in different cities?

Thanks.

0
asfasf9 (6)

Yes,

It is possible to do a consolidation with data coming from different
servers.
In the System Specific tab of the company setup, you would require
different DSNs (Data Source Names) for each server.

However you mention that the servers are in different cities, so unless
you have a fast link between the cities, I would suggest you get a copy
of the databases to restore onto a server used for 'reporting', and run
your consolidated reporting pointing to that.

Robert

asfasf9@hotmail.com wrote:
> Can FRX pull data from multiple servers which are physically sitting in
> different locations?
>
> My company has done an acquisition.  Does all of the GL data need to be
> sitting on the same server or can I consolidate financial statements
> from servers that are sitting in different cities?
>
> Thanks.

0
rcavill1 (40)

Deleted emails reappearing after a reboot of the server.
After I reboot my server I have a user who gets previosuly deleted emails back in his inbox. These are emails that he already read and deleted. I would like to correct this since it really is a waste of his time to delete these emails again. I have an exchange server 2000 and his client is Outlook XP. Thanks in advance. Frank In news:55CEA974-AEDB-45F7-9B19-DFE4406F5BC4@microsoft.com, Zach <zach@news.postalias> typed: > After I reboot my server I have a user who gets previosuly deleted > emails back in his inbox. These are emails that he already read and > deleted. ...

Exch Server 2003 - Enable message tracking
I am trying to fix message tracking on one of our 2003 Exch Servers. The log file directory has a load of unreadable characters in it, but when I try to change it by pointing to either the existing log folder or a new one I get the following error; Existing folder; Access is denied Facility: Win32 ID no: c0070005 Microsoft Exchange Management I have looked the error up and checked the permissions on the following registry key; HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurePipe\Winreg and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Exchange\language Everything seem correct so wh...

Create multiple Pivots based on list of parameters
Hello, I have been working on a set of tools for my boss for the past few weeks and with the help of some of the gurus here I have been able to get them to work so far. But as you know; the more information you give someone, the more information they will want and now my boss has asked me to implement something else for the tool. Here is what I have so far: I have a sub() that creates a Pivot Table based on criteria selected by the user on three cells with lists like this: Cell 1 -> Country List --> 8 Countries Cell 2 -> Product Family --> 2 Options Cell 3 ->...

LDAP Server, port, user, pwd, popup on Outlook Start
Hi, I updated Outlook 2000 to 2003 with Business Contact manager. Immediately after restarting my system and launching Outlook I started receiving a pop-up requesting, "LDAP Server, Port, User, Password". My email is much slower and I don't have the information requested. I tried deleting my email accounts for Outlook and Outlook Express and recreating them but I still get prompted with the pop-up. Ideas? Jim Delete the LDAP service from your profile if you don't use it. Control Panel-> Mail-> button E-mail Accounts-> View/change address books -- Robert ...

Multiple GALs
I'm running Exchange 2003 enterprise, SP1. I am hosting two email domains (domainA and domainB). I want each domain to use their own GAL. I do not want the users from domainA to see the GAL for domainB, and vice-versa. Steps I already took: 1.) I created a global security group called "domainB Users" and put all of the users from domainB into that group. 2.) I opened Exchange System Manager (ESM) and under "Recipients - All Global Address Lists" I created a new GAL called "domainB". 3.) From the properties of the new domainB GAL I removed the permiss...

xy scatter charts
I want to make an xy scatter chart. However the data is catagorical and therefore a number of points are in exactly the same location and do not show. I am looking for a function to stagger the points so it is possible to se how many there actually are, rather than just seeing one. Any ideas? -- d d - One approach is "jittering." Use numerical values for both X and Y. Then, for example, if the X values (with multiple Y values) are 1,1,1,2,2,..., instead use 0.95,1.00,1.05,1.95,2.00,... - Mike Middleton http://www.DecisionToolworks.com Decision Analysis Add-ins for Excel ...

access/excel multiple instances
I have an access table containing a column of excel objects. In the simpliest case of this problem, if I doubled click one entry for excel, an instance of Excel opens with the correct worksheet open. If I double-click a second entry, a second instance of excel opens but instead of containing the second worksheet, both instances contain both worksheets rather than each instance containing a single worksheet. Further, if one of the instances is closed(by clicking the x on the caption bar) both instances and both worksheets are closed. I have tried messing with Window in toolbar and i...

SSRS 2005 accessing SQL Server 2000 databases
I have been asked to upgrade a server from SS2000 to SS2005 so that SSRS 2005 can be used to create reports using the upgraded database. I maintain that SSRS 2005 can access SS2000 databases directly, so the upgrade may be unnecessary. Are there features of SSRS 2005 which are unavailable when creating reports from a SS2000 database? Be very specific if you are able. Thanks When talking about databases and version you need to consider two things. The database that the report is based on and the location of the databases used internally by Reporting Services. RS can report...

Edit a SQL Server 2005 XML column in ASP.NET
Hi. I've been trying to figure this out for a couple weeks now and have = posted various pleas for help, but so far I've not been able to find the = magic I need to make this happen. This can't be too uncommon of a = scenario. Certainly someone has done this before. What I'm trying to do is the following: 1. Pull XML from an MS SQL Server 2005 XML column. 2. Load it into a DataSet (unless there's a better way). 3. Bind it to some ASP.NET control(s) for editing. 4. Allow user to editing of the data in the web page. 5. Get the updated data from the control(s) as XML 6. Post...

need to delete a paragraph in multiple docs, cant use findreplac
I have a letter that is updated every year. There are 45 letters from a mail merge. I need to delete a paragraph and cant' use the find/replace because its too big. I have searched word help and can't find any solutions? Someone is very likely to suggest a cool macro to do this. But you could also try a wildcard find and replace. In the search box, type enough of the beginning of the paragraph to be sure the "string" is unique in the document. Then type *^13. Check the box for wild cards. This should find only _that paragraph_ and of course you can ...

editing word doc on a server
I have office 2003 on my laptop. I have documents on a citrix server and because office is not on the server I can not edit them. Any way to do this? Sharepoint maybe? I'm not a server guru (nor do I play on on TV) but I don't think that has anything to do with it. What happens when you try to edit those files? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "edit doc on citrix server no office?" <edit doc on citrix server no office?@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1...

Run windows update when server first boots up
Is there any command-line or other application I can run that will kickstart windows update? I am trying to avoid the manual task of going to the browser, etc. I'd like it to just go immediately to the downloading/updating part. Please advise. thanks, -Drew Andrew Weaver wrote: > Is there any command-line or other application I can run that will > kickstart windows update? > > I am trying to avoid the manual task of going to the browser, etc. > > I'd like it to just go immediately to the downloading/updating part. > > Please advise. ...

Dropdown list/Multiple choice??
Hi. I have 2 lists like this: Code Name X12 David Z55 Arnold AB223 Meechie etc I would like to do cell validation and give user the option of using drop down list in either of the columns, while the other column gets populated by using VLOOKUP. Is this possible, or an insane request?! Pls do help KDDXB It is quite possible. Take a look at the following look for some guidance on how to set about it. http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html -- Regards Roger Govier "KDD" <KDD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4124D2E...

Link Outlook 2003 to Project pro 2003 without the server
Hi all, Is there away of linking my projects to my outlook calendar and task list with out having to get the server. I am a only user and really dont need a server just for this. All I want to do is take the projects I am working on and have them in my task list and on my outlook calendar so I dont have to keep inputting stuff twice. I want more then just exporting my task list to project. I want when I complete a task on the project it is also completed in outlook or the other way around. I dont see why this is not posible. I should be able to create a link between the two for a task. ...

Error on Windows 2003 Server
Can someone assist in deciphering this message - nothing conclusive in EVENTID? Access denied attempting to launch a DCOM Server. The server is: {00020906-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} The user is ANONYMOUS LOGON/NT AUTHORITY, SID=S-1-5-7. This did not occu until I applied/upgraded the Exchange Admin console on a server (since Blackberry Server uses it) to Exchange 2003 SP1 version. Blackberry needs Exchange 2003 Admin console, so I upgraded the tools after upgrading my Exchange 2003 mail server (separate server). Thanks. BTW, {00020906-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} was not even listed i...

using outlook with exchange server OR looking for new calendar pro
I am looking for a calendar program for our office. Here is my wish list of what I'd like it to do: Separate calendar per attorney Separate calendar per court Ability to merge all calendars to a master calendar to view and print Ability to print by attorney or court Ability to synch with or vies Outlook by attorney on his/her computer Ability to synch to PDA Any user may enter and change data Resides on network ability to post and access via internet Someone told me I might be able to accomplish this with an exchange server based program. Is this true? If not, can y...

How do I print the same sheet multiple times with increasing page.
How do I print the same sheet multiple times with increasing page numbers? C&S, You could try something like this: Sub MultiPrint() Dim PrintCount As Integer For PrintCount = 1 To 5 ActiveSheet.PageSetup.CenterFooter = "Page " & PrintCount ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True Next End Sub To increase the number of prints, simply change the "5" to whatever value you require Hope this helps Pete "C&S" wrote: > How do I print the same sheet multiple times with increasing page numbers? Than...

Multiple accounts: Single PST or One PST per account
Hi guys, I have 4 email accounts from different companies/universities I work/ study for, and until recently I had all email on one PST. But then the PST just got larger and larger. I thought about dividing the email on multiples PSTs per email account. Is there any problem by doing this? I mean it's even more secure, right? Since it decreases the probability of the all email get corrupted. At most one account gets corrupted that way right? Cheers. Pedro Machado Santa Sure, you can have one account per .pst file and decrease your risk of = losing all of your OUtlook data. What versi...

Sending from Multiple Accounts in Outlook 2K
In our office we run an internal exchange server, but also want to connect to an externally hosted email provider to occassionally send and receive email. In Outlook XP we can do this no problem. But on our older machines that only have Outlook 2K we can only receive email from the external provider, not send even though all the settings are the same as they are in Outlook XP. Is there a way to enable this option? Simply typing in the email address in the from field returns the following message: You do not have the permissions to send the message on behalf of the specified user. ch...

Multiple Domain Names on Outlook using the Exchange Server
Our company uses Outlook 2000 on exchange servers and all mail leaves with an envelope From address of @bear.com. I have a separate domain, user@maxrecovery.co.uk that i'd like to use on outgoing mails, so that all my recipients will see on the From: address, user@maxrecovery.co.uk and not user@bear.com and also not From: user@bear.com on behalf of user(Exchange) [user@maxrecovery.co.uk]. Is this possible? Also, Is it possible for me to receive mail if either user@bear.com or user@maxrecovery.co.uk is used? Thanks. ...

creating forms with multiple tables
I have Access 2002, I created two tables, one that has all our customer information and the other will put in information pertaining to services rendered on a customers' pc. My question is, I created a form combining these two tables. I did it all as one form instead of using a sub form. When I go to the form to start entering information it will allow me to add the information for the customer but not the information for the computer. The table with the customer information has all the information in it, the table that will have the computer information gets added as the forms ...

Multiple Exchange Servers?
I am looking for someone that has multiple Exchange 2000 servers set up in the same domain. We have added another server, now have a Master-Member server relationship between the two. I have questions about how Outlook Web Access reacts to this. When users that have their mailboxes log on, they have to log on twice to get through. Once to the Master mailserver then to the Member. Does anyone out there have this problem/situation and be willing to discuss your setup? Jim D. Promenix What do you mean by 'Master-Member'? Sounds like you mean a Front-End / Back-End topology. ...

Server Specs
We are looking at a possible move from SAP to GP ERP. We would have a total of 125 concurrent users with no need for the business portal. Now not knowing a ton about GP, what kind of server specs should I be considering? We are going to have redundant SQL Servers attached to a SAN. Now this is what someone recommended to us. 2 Dual Core 2.2GHz or better/8GB RAM/2x73GB RAID1 for OS running Server 2003 and SQL Server 2005. SQL Server disk config RAID 1 for SQL db logfiles 2 disks Raid 10 for SQL data files 8 disks Raid 1 for temdb 2 disks Raid 0 for SQL backups full and log 2 disks That&#...

Terminal server running outlook 2003
I have a terminal server running outlook 2003, and an exchange server. i also have a pop3 setup on the outlook. when sending email through the pop3 i get a 554 5.7.1 <ss@xx.com>: Relay access denied. i can send internally and to the email provider through the pop3 account, but not to anyone else. i setup a different pop3 email from a different provider and it sent fine. Anyone have any ideas?? You could try enabling authentication for the SMTP server but not all mail servers allow themselves to be used from outside the hosting network. For details see; http://www.msou...

Requesting Data from Exchange server.....runs constantly
Within minutes of starting Outlook, it starts to request data from the Exchange server. Other than cancelling the request, which allows me to use Outlook for another 5 minutes before it pops up again, what is it trying to do and why does it never end? I have left it running for hours and there is no data received. Outlook 2002? Make sure Instant Messaging is *not* enabled (Tools/Options/Other). SueM >-----Original Message----- >Within minutes of starting Outlook, it starts to request >data from the Exchange server. Other than cancelling the >request, which allows me to u...