multiple sales persons per customer

Some companies are set up so that a certain brand or class of items are sold
by certain salespersons, which means that a single customer can be serviced
by a number of sales persons.

The system should have a relation of Item/Customer to sales person or Item
Class/Customer to sales person. This will then allow a single customer to
have several sales persons and because there is a relationship to the
inventory item, when the item appears on a sales document the correct
salesperson will be attributed to the sale.

At the moment the system allows several sales persons per sales document but
in requires alot of manual intervention.

This will also allow differing sales commissions on a single item.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=534d1afb-a22b-4c6a-9279-a5ffce0837ca&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

I have run into this issue at several customers.   However, in 35 years of
consulting, I have not run into your specific requirement.  This sounds like
something that needs customization.

I have been successful in using Extender to define sales rep/client
relationships and you should be able to do the same with reps/items.  Then
some form of Crystal Report can be used to calculate your commissions.

Richard L. Whaley
rwhaley@ibgnet.com

"Kirk Richmond" wrote:

> Some companies are set up so that a certain brand or class of items are sold
> by certain salespersons, which means that a single customer can be serviced
> by a number of sales persons.
>
> The system should have a relation of Item/Customer to sales person or Item
> Class/Customer to sales person. This will then allow a single customer to
> have several sales persons and because there is a relationship to the
> inventory item, when the item appears on a sales document the correct
> salesperson will be attributed to the sale.
>
> At the moment the system allows several sales persons per sales document but
> in requires alot of manual intervention.
>
> This will also allow differing sales commissions on a single item.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=534d1afb-a22b-4c6a-9279-a5ffce0837ca&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

Pivot Table Custom Calculations #3
I have a pivot table with the "columns" set up as Budget - Actual - Variance for each month of the year. The rows are the expenses account, such as supplies, maintenance, etc. I want to be able to add the total of the "Actual" spent through September plus the "Budget" for October through December, basically to get a projected total by expense for the year. How can I do this? Thanks for your help! You could add a column to the source data, and calculate which amount should be used. Then add that field to the pivot table. For example, with dates in colum...

Money 2004 Personal and Business
Hi Doea anyone know what happened to the personal and business edition of Micoroft Money. I have not seen any since 2002. Has Microsoft pulled the plug on it? Thank you lucky star There was insufficient demand for MS UK to be able to justify investing in producing M2003 or M2004 P&B. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "L TEMIMI" <ltemimi@aol.com> wrote in message news:20031227093911.09506.00001714@mb-m17.aol.com... > Hi > >...

Custom settings now working
I am having problems with the custom security settings. I installed the security administrative package and followed Microsoft's documentation. However, I am still getting the Outlook notification whenever I try to use CDO. I am not an Outlook admin so I am having a rough time trying to debug this. What are some things I can look at to try to resolve this issue. I noticed that when I go to Outlook and go the Outlook 10 Security Settings under public folders I see the form under that folder. Is this correct? My set up is Exchange 2000, Outlook 2003. Have you checked to make sure th...

Form-Timer; run multiple macros.
I am attempting to use the below code for a scheduled db; depending on the date/day, it is supposed to run the corresponding macro. Now, the 1st one (weekly) is working/running. But I set up a second scheduled task to handle the monthly macros, and nothing happens. Private Sub Form_Timer() If Weekday(Date) = 2 Then DoCmd.RunMacro "mcrRun_Data-Weekly" If Weekday(Date) = 4 Then DoCmd.RunMacro "mcrRun_Data-Monthly" If Month(Date) = 3 Then DoCmd.RunMacro "mcrRun_Data-Monthly2" If Month(Date) = 9 Then ...

SQL to get sales by Supplier
I would like to get output of total sales by supplier via SQL with output like: Supplier Name Sales --------------- -------------- If the sales can be formatted like #,###.##, that would be great. Can someone assist with the SQL query? I could also use the date and time of the output in the SQL output (FYI, I am using OSQL to output this data to a .txt file). "Jason" <microsoft.public.pos@natureisle.com> wrote in message news:u$fltYFFIHA.4880@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I would like to get output of total sales by supplier via SQL with output >like: &g...

Un Allocate Sales Order
Is there a way to un allocate a sales order? I don't know of anything out of the box that would do that besides voiding or deleting the order. However, you will want to setup your order type to allocate by batch if you find yourself unallocating orders very often. Then you can use batch allocation or document allocation to allocate the line items when inventory becomes available. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Stretcher25&qu...

Help
Hi, We have a two till setup with the master database on one of the tills. For some reason on we seem to lose connection to the database during the tendering of sales and the POS crashes. This results in losing the sales information too so hence the stock numbers become incorrect. It's a nightmare! The network between the till's has been checked, however this problem even happens on the Till where the database resides so this is not the problem. I've also noticed that the tills run slow sometimes. There are no other processes running on the system other than the POS...

Custom POS Buttons #2
Hello: I need Tutorial for Custom POS Buttons: Style: External Program External Program(Wait) Internal Command COM Object(no parameter) COM Object(Digital Receipt... COM Object(Session Object) Thanks, Wilfredo This probably won't help much, but here goes... External Program & External Program (wait): no idea. According to the help file, you can either launch an external program while RMS continues normally or launch an external program and force RMS to wait until the external program has finished. Nothing personal, but if you need help figuring out Cus...

lost data....lost person! #2
I'll try to keep it simple....I have Windows XP Home Edition...and The Office 2000 suite....I was useing the Excel 2000 program and forgot to save the data, however, I DID NOT close the program. The data I had put in was gone when I went back to do some more entries and save and close the workbook. When I tried undo in the edit menu it said that I Couldn't undo and only after switching from sheet to sheet did it finally show that I could do one undo but it was on a seperate sheet than the one that I had showing when the option was available and I believe that it was informat...

Unable to Sort Multiple Columns
Good day all! I've seen this posted in a million other places, but I wasn't able to get my question fully answered. I'm creating a simple sheet to list common TCP/IP service names and their appropriate port numbers. The first column is a description of the service name (which is 4 cells wide) and then I have two sets of 2 merged cells which contain the UDP & TCP port ranges respectively. I want to sort the entire list by the TCP port numbers, but can't because Excel says that the "merged cells must be identically sized." Everyone's solution to this proble...

Creating Multiple Pie Charts from Excel Sheet
Creating Multiple Pie Charts from Excel Sheet I have an Excel sheet with the following: -1 header row with the column names. -5 individual rows of unique numerical data underneath. How can I create 5 separate pie charts each using a separate row and the header row without going through the chart wizard for each separate row? Needless to say, I have about 75 rows in the actual example. Any suggestions? Once you have set up one pie chart, you can select this chart by clicking on it (you should see small black squares in the corners and midpoints of the chart area) then you can click <cop...

vat and Sales Tax
Hello people, i have a big bug !! i would like the follow my VAT (income and outcome) and i think MONEY can do that... So when i make a invoice with sales tax, the amout of taxes go correctly in Sales Tax account.(under Business liabilities) BUT (and this is my probl�m) when i buy something (Withdrawal) with a checking account the amout of taxes dont go to the sales tax account under decrease !!! WHY !??? Thank a lot people..... ..:[ James ]:. ...

Custome Recurrence Cycle?
My brother works three different shifts, one shift per seven day period EXCEPT the last week is only six days long. That allows the entire work crew to cycle through different days off as time goes on. So it is actually a 20 day cycle. He works A A A A A O O M M M M M O O D D D D D O A... It would be nice to be able to see his schedule in the future so I'm wondering if there is any way to put a custom cycle into the Recurrence window? Otherwise, one must do it by hand and one mistake... let's not go there. Thanks. dlm --------------------------- Dan Merkel Dan Merkel &...

Multiple domain name and multiple SMTP virtual server
Presently, my Exchange 2003 server holds mailboxes of four internet domain names. I have only one default smtp virtual server. Everything works fine. I have set "Send a copy of NDR" to a local mailbox. Therefore all non-existing user's mails of ALL domain reaches to this single mailbox. Is it possible to designate a separate mailbox for each domain? I found an article in Microsoft site, explaining to create separate smtp virtual server for each domain. Should I have to create smtp virtual server only for this purpose? Is there any workaround? TIA J Justin In order to creat...

Compound interest and repayments on personal loan
To anyone out there!!! This is a little complicated (and maybe a bit personal), but I need help in working out formulas for an excel worksheet. I have a personal loan of $12,000 (at an interest rate of 10.4% per annum) which my partner is paying out. However, I have nominated my bank to deduct $800 per fortnight to finance this loan and my partner pays me whenever he can. I would like to keep track of everything - the balance, interest, my repayments, and what my partner owes me. I know how to set up the first 4 columns for the date/balance/interest/my repayments, but it doesn't coin...

Multiple instance starts
I have a user that at times thinks Outlook is not up and clicks on it agsin. Now there is another outlook.exe in the task list. None put up a screen and so none are usable. I have to end all of them or log off and back. Is there a solution to prevent this idiotic situation? Why would outlook.exe be up but no screen. User keeps trying and at times I have seen >8 copies running. W7 w Outlook 2007. Is the outlook icon present next to the clock in the system tray area? If yes, then they could have the option on to hide outlook when minimized. (Just right click on the icon in the sys...

Item/Customer Lookup Bug
Not sure if this is a bug or Microsofts designed it this way but whenever we press F2 or F7 for item or customer lookup and then scan in the items lookup code or customer account number, the corresponding item or customer is not selected although the item or customer does exist in the database. We have to go to Find screen and then try it. Is this is how it is supposed to work, if so it is confusing for the cashier and has let to errors because they just hit F2 and then scan the barcode to find it and many times it takes them to an incorrect item which is very easy to select. Any help i...

Find/Filter multiple non unique list
I'm trying to figure out the quickest way to search a column for a lis of values and the answer may not always be exact. For example, within a column, I want to find if there are any of a lis companies (ABC, IBM, Sears, XYZ, etc.). Those companies may be liste there, but not exact. For example, there may be ABC Inc. or AB Corporation. This is a routine search that is needed to be done. When I use vlookup, I can only do exact matches. Any ideas on how t do this quickly? It would save a lot of people a lot of time. Thank you for any help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum...

Problems with customer totalSales etc.
Hello, since we updated all local customers to global we have the problem that sometimes totalSale, totalVisits an totalSavings is negativ for a customer. With the SQL Profiler I found the following statement: exec sp_executesql N'DECLARE @Factor Float SELECT @Factor = @P1 SELECT CustomerID = Customer.ID, Sales = SUM(TransactionEntry.Quantity * TransactionEntry.Price), Savings = SUM(TransactionEntry.Quantity * (TransactionEntry.FullPrice - TransactionEntry.Price)), TransactionCount = COUNT(DISTINCT [Transaction].TransactionNumber), ...

sorting multiple columns
I have multiple addresses on a work sheet. I need to have all the same zip code # together. How do I sort them by zip code so right name and address ends up with right zip code Highlight the range you want to sort before starting it. Regards, Fred "arbe" <arbe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56FFD696-D31F-4A99-AE8E-941C5C18D012@microsoft.com... >I have multiple addresses on a work sheet. I need to have all the same zip > code # together. How do I sort them by zip code so right name and address > ends up with right zip code Pre-se...

Performing a multiple column lookup
As a teacher, I would like to design a formula that will lookup data from three separate column and return a grade as a result of the lookup. If student "A" is a "female" and is in the "10th grade" and scored a "75" on a test, what letter grade would that student recieve based on the results of each of these columns?? Hi! Isn't the only criteria that matters the score? Is there a difference between: student "A", female, 10th grade, score 75 student "G", male, 12th grade, score 75 Biff "JDay" <JDay@discussion...

Import Multiple CSV Files Into Access 2007
I am new to Microsoft Access. I have 42 different csv files that I would like to import as individual tables into access. In each of the files the first row contains the field names. Unless I am missing something, Access is only allowing me to do one at a time. Is there a way in which I can import all of them? I have them all in one folder. Yes, you need to import them one at a time. However, that shouldn't be an issue. Take a look at what Ken Snell has at http://www.accessmvp.com/KDSnell/EXCEL_Import.htm#ImpFolderFiles -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP ...

Check printing to multiple locations
I have a client that prints checks and wants the to do one check run, but have the checks print at several locations. They have fields on the employee that designate which location the check should print to. In there previous system, they could sort by the location, print to one location, then choose the next location printer.... They would not have to have multiple batches, and multiple build, calculate, posts etc. Suggestions? You will need to perform multiple runs like they did on their old system. If you can set it up to do one run per location, you could then use Named Printers...

Form with Multiple Parameters
I have a Report bound to a query that upon opening opens an unbound form with 4 combo boxes and 2 date input fields. The choices selected (or not selected) filter the report through the Where Condition string. I had no problem with the first combo box (cboSite) but the second combo box (cboDept) could be in 3 different columns in the table so my where condition needs to include an or. However, I can't seem to figure out how to include it so that it will still filter under the first combo box. Any help will be appreciated. Code from Click Event is pasted below. Private Sub cmdOK_Cli...

Postcard Mail Merge
I am trying to merge 50 records onto the postcards I have created (4 to a page/landscape) When I print them, they all merge, but you get four of the exact same address per page. How do I have one address on each postcard instead of 4 of each address. I'm going crazy! I read over past questions and it is not just a glitch in print preview, it actually does print 4. I just did it! Can I change a setting somewhere to fix this? I also tried creating my own four per page design with my own merge boxes, but I can not find a way to add the <<next record>> field you need ...