Multiple Instances of Same Company in drop down box

When we log in after a GP9 upgrade, we have one company that shows up in the
drop down box multiple times.  All 3 versions take you to the exact same
company but we don't need it displayed 3 times.  Does anyone know how to
remove the entries.  What table they are found in?

Thanks
Bee
0
beeeazy (9)

It sounds like that in the past, multiple companies existed and were not
completely removed.  This sometimes leaves extra records in the Sy01500 table
in the Dynamics db.

MAKE A BACKUP! first

Open the table in Enterprise Manager or SQL Server Management Studio.

Look for extra lines (there should be one line per company)
--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP

For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at
http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"bee" wrote:

> When we log in after a GP9 upgrade, we have one company that shows up in the
> drop down box multiple times.  All 3 versions take you to the exact same
> company but we don't need it displayed 3 times.  Does anyone know how to
> remove the entries.  What table they are found in?
>
> Thanks
> Bee
0
info4071 (3004)
5/18/2007 12:14:00 AM
There is also an automated fix to clear out the extra records Richard
mentions.

https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/automatedsolutions9plus.htm?printpage=false

Look for 'Delete Company in Dynamics GP' under System Manager.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Richard L. Whaley" <info@AccoladePublications.com> wrote in message
> It sounds like that in the past, multiple companies existed and were not
> completely removed.  This sometimes leaves extra records in the Sy01500
> table
> in the Dynamics db.
>
> MAKE A BACKUP! first
>
> Open the table in Enterprise Manager or SQL Server Management Studio.
>
> Look for extra lines (there should be one line per company)
> --
> Richard L. Whaley
> Author / Consultant / MVP
> Documentation for Software Users
>
> For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at
> http://www.AccoladePublications.com
>

> "bee" wrote:
>
>> When we log in after a GP9 upgrade, we have one company that shows up in
>> the
>> drop down box multiple times.  All 3 versions take you to the exact same
>> company but we don't need it displayed 3 times.  Does anyone know how to
>> remove the entries.  What table they are found in?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Bee

0
victoria (3340)
5/18/2007 12:14:00 PM
Thanks Richard!  That's what I needed to know.

"Richard L. Whaley" wrote:

> It sounds like that in the past, multiple companies existed and were not
> completely removed.  This sometimes leaves extra records in the Sy01500 table
> in the Dynamics db.
>
> MAKE A BACKUP! first
>
> Open the table in Enterprise Manager or SQL Server Management Studio.
>
> Look for extra lines (there should be one line per company)
> --
> Richard L. Whaley
> Author / Consultant / MVP
> Documentation for Software Users
>
> For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at
> http://www.AccoladePublications.com
>

> "bee" wrote:
>
> > When we log in after a GP9 upgrade, we have one company that shows up in the
> > drop down box multiple times.  All 3 versions take you to the exact same
> > company but we don't need it displayed 3 times.  Does anyone know how to
> > remove the entries.  What table they are found in?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Bee
0
beeeazy (9)

Drop down box problem
Please can someone help me!!! I am trying to inset a drop down box int an excel spreadsheet but haven't got a clue whether I use a list box o a combo box. I want it to display first, second, third, fourth in th drop down menu so that the user can sleect one of these. The thing is don't know how to put the values in the box! Your help would be muc appreciated! :- -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi use the Data / Validation - List option ... click in the cell where you want the drop down, choose Data / Validation from the menu, choose List, and in the source line ty...

Exchange 2003/Windows 2003 Multiple Domains, 1 Exchange Server
First a little background. We have been working with 1 Domain/ 1 Exchange server for years now. Our Exchange Admin Quit on us and Exchange were given to me rather then hire a new guy. I am the Windows admin and I just have not had any experience on exchange. My company has declared that they are taking on the IS functionality of another company however this company wants to keep the look of being separate. I have created another tree in the same forest. Original domain abc.com, new domain xyz.com. In an attempt to save money we wanted to use the same exchange server. Which does not seem t...

Tick box how do i? plz
Hi Folks, I have a spreadsheet that I want to put a tick box coloumn into to show whether I need to reprocess an item. Can some kind person tell me how thank you. Mike Got it sorted thnx "Nevyn" wrote: > Hi Folks, > I have a spreadsheet that I want to put a tick box coloumn into to show > whether I need to reprocess an item. Can some kind person tell me how thank > you. > Mike ...

conversion file dialog box
Every time I open Outlook 2002, the file conversion dialog box opens along with Word and eventually an error message. Does anyone know how to turn this off? What file conversion dialog? Post the exact dialog that appears. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, frustrated asked: | Every time I open Outlook 2002, the file conversion | dialog box opens along ...

Check box problem
I want to include a check box in a form I have created. It appears that to make the box checkable by users, i.e. by clicking on it, I have to lock the table/form. However, doing this prevents anyone entering text on the others parts of the table/form. Is there any way to make the box checkable without rendering the rest of the form locked please? (One workaround is to double click the box and click on the Checked option. However, this is not really a very user friendly solution for what surely should be simple.) V For a form that includes check boxes, you must add text f...

create a drop down list with the source from a different workbook
Hi, I tried to create a drop down list (Data > Validation > List) with the source from a different work book (If you type the list in a different workbook, define a name with an external reference to the list.). I followed the instructions given in the Microsoft Online Assistant. Iam not able to create the same as iam a getting a message stating that "You may not use references to other worksheets or workbooks for Data validation criteria." Try Debra Dalgleish's web site on this subject: http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html Scroll down to "D", and see ...

Scroll to specific list box entry
I am trying to scroll to a specific line entry in a multi-select list box in response to a user-input search criterion (in a separate text box) so that the desired record becomes visible to the user. I can locate the matching record and determine the line number, but I can't find a VBA method to scroll to reposition the record. My intent is to enable a user to enter the beginning character(s) to locate the section of entries that begin with the user search criterion. From that position, the user can then select the entries of choice. I will appreciate any help. Richard Here a...

Multiple CheckBox
Hi, I created an option group that have 8 check boxes and I need to choice more than one checkbox, but when I check one the other is unchecked and so on. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Paulo Pasmatos, Don't use an option group to contain your checkboxes. Just place 8 individual checkboxes on the form. Then. you can check or uncheck 1 or more boxes at one time. But, beware... you'll have to do a "geometrically" large amount of coding, if you need to "interrogate" 8 checkboxes. Ex. is 1 True and 2 True and 3 False, or 1 False, 2 True... and on an...

multiple sales persons per customer
Some companies are set up so that a certain brand or class of items are sold by certain salespersons, which means that a single customer can be serviced by a number of sales persons. The system should have a relation of Item/Customer to sales person or Item Class/Customer to sales person. This will then allow a single customer to have several sales persons and because there is a relationship to the inventory item, when the item appears on a sales document the correct salesperson will be attributed to the sale. At the moment the system allows several sales persons per sales document but...

company split
Hi all, hoping to get some advice on this, the company i work for consists of two divisions who are effectively looking to split, and do there own thing. But initially will continue to share resources such as IT. Is it possible in exchange to allow them both to have there own email addresses such as name@company1 and name@company2 and to hide these so that relevant individuals only see the names of users relevent to there division/company in their address book. Effectively what i need to be able to do is run 2 seperate companies from one exchange box. bearing in mind that both compani...

Multiple users one pop account
I'm trying to troubleshoot a problem. The client has a 2 pop mail accounts on the system. One account is personal. The other is shared and multiple users access the mail from that account. In order to ensure that all users are able to retrieve that mail, the shared account is configured to leave mail on the server and then after 10 days it is pulled from the server. The problem is that out of the 4 people who share that pop mail account (from different computers), one of them is getting duplicates for mail that has already been retrieved by that system? (not all the time, just once a...

Form with an unbound combo box.
I´m trying to create a database but I take some examples from Inside Out 2007 by Viescas.I create a tblTeams ( TeamID,TeamName) tblPlayers(PlayerID) and tblTeamPlayers(TeamID,TeamName,PlayerID). I create a form based on qryplayers and I need a combobox "unbound?" called TeamName based on qlkqTeams but when I try to open the combobox always shows the TeamID instead of TeamName. In the sample database "Contacts" from Viescas the CompanyName is display in the combobox CompanyID. I don´t really Know how this happen.Can anybody give me an idea of how this...

Import CSV from Open Dialog box Confirmation
Hi. I got my command button to bring up an open dialog box, where the user will select the CSV file to be imported. After the user finds the file to be imported, I want a MsgBox that asks the user to confirm that the specific file be imported. For example, the user selects SCO.csv to import and clicks a okay. A Msgbox should popup "Are you sure you want to import SCO.csv" with a Yes button and a No button. I'm not sure if this is even possible, but if so could someone please guide me. If they click No, then the process should just cancel. Assume strFileName is the variable wit...

updating and underlying table field with a combo box selection
I want to use an ID value from a combo box on a subform to update the same ID value in the form's underlying table. My main form is: frm_Street_Joiner_Main My Subform is: frm_Street_Joiner_Sub My Subform table is: tbl_Street_Joiner My Mainform is: frm_Street_Joiner_Main The combo box on my subform is called: StreetName, with a column count of two but the bound column is the actual street name. SELECT QRY_Street_Names_Joiner_Master.Street_Names, QRY_Street_Names_Joiner_Master.StreetNameID FROM QRY_Street_Names_Joiner_Master ORDER BY QRY_Street_Names_Joiner_Master.Street_Names, QR...

Exchange 2003 send multiple copies of same email to clients!
I have just finished the the basic setup of Echange 2003. It only manages about 75 email acounts. I have noticed 2 things and think they are related. Firts if there is no subject for email being recieved it will hang on that email and never download to client using OutLook or Outlook Express. I can go in and through the Web based mail and remove the problem email all goes back to normal. Secondly sometimes my clients will get multiple copies of the same email. I have one now that has four copies and everytime she opens her Outlook it gives her another copy. Any help as always appreci...

on server reboot multiple emails get returned as undeliverable
I have an SBS 2003 server running exchange, all latest service packs etc. We have hit a problem a couple of times when on reboot of the server end users get emails returned as undeliverable as they have exceeded the delivery date. It does not affect all outgoing messages, and the destinations are valid. It is as though the SMTP gets stuck on some messages, and only notices on re-start. Any ideas? F Frank <noreply@127.0.0.1> wrote: > I have an SBS 2003 server running exchange, all latest service packs > etc. > We have hit a problem a couple of times ...

replication of multiple CRM databases
Hello, I'm investrigating CRM packages and the environment I'm looking at is having two or three instllations (one in US, one in Canada and possibly one in France). The data needs to be shared to a degree (if possible) and one option I want to consider is MS SQL server replication. Ideally, so the two/three international installations can work with the same data, showing local regional settings (US$ Can$ and euro). Network infrastructure means having an installation in one central location with the other two accessing the central, shared database over the Internet would not be the mo...

Option Buttons in Group Box
I have two group boxes with two option buttons in each(from the Forms Tool bar) Is there any way to make the group boxes invisible. I would like to have only the option buttons showing on the worksheet. Set the BorderColor to the same color as the BackColor, and change the SpecialEffect setting to 0 (fmSpecialEffectFlat). -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "JAMES T." <sylvester1501@peoplepc.com> wrote in message news:1111518141.249157.66540@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... >I have two group boxes with t...

How to write multiple Name space
Can someone show me how to write the following fragment out, using xmlwriter. Thanks <Message key="comp" xmlns="http://www.xxx.com" xmlns:j="http://www.yyy.com"> </Message> Phil Hunt wrote: > Can someone show me how to write the following fragment out, using > xmlwriter. Thanks > > > > <Message key="comp" xmlns="http://www.xxx.com" > xmlns:j="http://www.yyy.com"> > </Message> Write the 'Message' element in its namespace 'http://www.xxx.com', then write tw...

Anyway to import All calendar events for multiple users
I have a pointy-haired guy asking me to bring everyone's calendar into a database. I'm a developer, but from the googling I have done it looks like everyone can only touch/export their own data. These users wouldn't be adept at that. Is it possible to import many users calendars all at once into a relational database? import to where? what version of Outlook? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After f...

How to use count with multiple conditions
I have a table in Excel: The first row is time in years. The second row is method name,say,"A","B","C". I want to count the number when the time is less than 5 years AND "A" method is adopted. I tried this: count(if(AND(C2:Z2<5,C3:Z3="A"),C2:Z2) but it didn't work. Any suggestion on how to revise the formula? Thanks! In the mean time, count(if(C2:Z2<5,C2:Z2))worked as well as countif(C2:Z2,"<5") Ming =SUMPRODUCT(--(C2:Z2<5),--(C3:Z3="A")) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing...

validating xml doc with multiple schemas using wildcards
I am trying to validate a xml file with two schema files cust.xsd and cust1.xsd. The schema file cust.xsd allows addition of elements from another schema cust1.xsd by using xs:any wildcard. cust.xsd - schema <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <xs:schema targetNamespace="urn:xmlns:sysapex-com:customer" elementFormDefault="qualified" xmlns="urn:xmlns:sysapex-com:customer" xmlns:mstns="urn:xmlns:sysapex-com:customer" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <xs:element name="Customer"&...

hide dialog box application
I want to hide dialog box application. Overriding OnWindowShow of the main dialog class, and inside calling ShowWindow for hiding, does nothing. Doing so inside OnPaint works, but causes annoying flicker. Can someone advise please? Regards Marom See my essay on dialog box applications on my MVP Tips site (Nish gave me permission to reproduce his technique in my essay, and I link to his site as well) joe On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 22:57:44 +0200, "Marom" <kmarom@miran.net> wrote: >I want to hide dialog box application. Overriding OnWindowShow of the main >dialog ...

Query for random values multiple records
I have a table of names (lots of names! Too many to write individual queries for...). I want three random non-repeating numbers between 1 and 7 for each of these names. Output example: Name1 3 Name1 2 Name1 5 Name2 1 Name2 5 Name2 4 From reading on the boards I was able to come up with a way to generate output such as this: Name1 3 Name1 2 Name1 5 Name2 3 Name2 2 Name2 5 However, that will not work for what I want the random numbers for. I need a different set of each random non-repeated number set for each name. Thanks! On Mon, 16 Apr 200...

HOW TO FIX SIZE OF CHART BOX
I have many charts and their size (width and length) is not same. Is there a command to give/specify the size of the chart box? -- Rasoul Khoshravan Azar Kobe University, Kobe, Japan ...