Multiple Background Color schemes in Great Plains

It would be helpful to be able to set a different background color scheme for 
diffeernt companies within Great Plains versus having the system wide color 
scheme that is currently used (Version 8.0). This would allow the "visual" 
cue for data entry and testing so the user will have an additional signal as 
to which company they are working in and not rely just the notation up on the 
tool bar.

----------------
This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the 
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I 
Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this 
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then 
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=00617ffa-8955-412a-8b88-19d5fd55cda3&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
1
susiej (3)
11/10/2005 9:30:03 PM
greatplains 29623 articles. 6 followers. Follow

6 Replies
1883 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 43

I wrote something that would change the desktop background color based on
whatever you wanted to choose on a per company basis.  It probably wouldn't
take too much to switch it and it could make each window be that color
instead of the backgroun.  Upon retrospect however, I don't know how much
how that would help.  If you had a lot of companies then you'd have to
remember each company goes to which color.  So unless you company names were
Green Company, Blue Company, Red Company in which that kinda narrows things
down, I think it would be just a difficult to keep track of color vs
company.  In which case the company name would be the better solution
anyway.

patrick
mbs dev support

-- 
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.


"susiej" <susiej@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:00617FFA-8955-412A-8B88-19D5FD55CDA3@microsoft.com...
> It would be helpful to be able to set a different background color scheme
for
> diffeernt companies within Great Plains versus having the system wide
color
> scheme that is currently used (Version 8.0). This would allow the "visual"
> cue for data entry and testing so the user will have an additional signal
as
> to which company they are working in and not rely just the notation up on
the
> tool bar.
>
> ----------------
> This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
> Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow
this
> link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
>
http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=00617ffa-8955-412a-8b88-19d5fd55cda3&dg=microsoft.publi
c.greatplains


0
prot1 (1345)
11/12/2005 10:05:48 PM
Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0 will bring a new Dashboard style information 
section in that background. So it will be a problem that solution when you 
upgrade.
I'll choose to modify the toolbar.
Takashi


"Patrick [MSFT]" <prot@online.microsft.com> wrote in message 
news:%23pmnXV95FHA.3592@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>I wrote something that would change the desktop background color based on
> whatever you wanted to choose on a per company basis.  It probably 
> wouldn't
> take too much to switch it and it could make each window be that color
> instead of the backgroun.  Upon retrospect however, I don't know how much
> how that would help.  If you had a lot of companies then you'd have to
> remember each company goes to which color.  So unless you company names 
> were
> Green Company, Blue Company, Red Company in which that kinda narrows 
> things
> down, I think it would be just a difficult to keep track of color vs
> company.  In which case the company name would be the better solution
> anyway.
>
> patrick
> mbs dev support
>
> -- 
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no 
> rights.
>
>
> "susiej" <susiej@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:00617FFA-8955-412A-8B88-19D5FD55CDA3@microsoft.com...
>> It would be helpful to be able to set a different background color scheme
> for
>> diffeernt companies within Great Plains versus having the system wide
> color
>> scheme that is currently used (Version 8.0). This would allow the 
>> "visual"
>> cue for data entry and testing so the user will have an additional signal
> as
>> to which company they are working in and not rely just the notation up on
> the
>> tool bar.
>>
>> ----------------
>> This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
>> suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the 
>> "I
>> Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow
> this
>> link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and 
>> then
>> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>>
>>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=00617ffa-8955-412a-8b88-19d5fd55cda3&dg=microsoft.publi
> c.greatplains
>
> 


0
tarikuma (52)
11/12/2005 10:57:29 PM
Susiej,

As Patrick says in another post you can't modify the toolbar. I have some 
applications that launches a user toolbar that shows some
information and options regarding the user id. You could create an 
application that have no close button that shows the company logo.

Takashi

"Takashi Arikuma" <tarikuma@sinca.com> wrote in message 
news:%23gKC5w95FHA.2264@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0 will bring a new Dashboard style information 
> section in that background. So it will be a problem that solution when you 
> upgrade.
> I'll choose to modify the toolbar.
> Takashi
>
>
> "Patrick [MSFT]" <prot@online.microsft.com> wrote in message 
> news:%23pmnXV95FHA.3592@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>>I wrote something that would change the desktop background color based on
>> whatever you wanted to choose on a per company basis.  It probably 
>> wouldn't
>> take too much to switch it and it could make each window be that color
>> instead of the backgroun.  Upon retrospect however, I don't know how much
>> how that would help.  If you had a lot of companies then you'd have to
>> remember each company goes to which color.  So unless you company names 
>> were
>> Green Company, Blue Company, Red Company in which that kinda narrows 
>> things
>> down, I think it would be just a difficult to keep track of color vs
>> company.  In which case the company name would be the better solution
>> anyway.
>>
>> patrick
>> mbs dev support
>>
>> -- 
>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no 
>> rights.
>>
>>
>> "susiej" <susiej@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:00617FFA-8955-412A-8B88-19D5FD55CDA3@microsoft.com...
>>> It would be helpful to be able to set a different background color 
>>> scheme
>> for
>>> diffeernt companies within Great Plains versus having the system wide
>> color
>>> scheme that is currently used (Version 8.0). This would allow the 
>>> "visual"
>>> cue for data entry and testing so the user will have an additional 
>>> signal
>> as
>>> to which company they are working in and not rely just the notation up 
>>> on
>> the
>>> tool bar.
>>>
>>> ----------------
>>> This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
>>> suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the 
>>> "I
>>> Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow
>> this
>>> link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and 
>>> then
>>> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>>>
>>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=00617ffa-8955-412a-8b88-19d5fd55cda3&dg=microsoft.publi
>> c.greatplains
>>
>>
>
> 


0
tarikuma (52)
11/12/2005 11:03:05 PM
Patrick,
This sounds like something we could use as we have several groups of 
companies that we use.  Can you give us more info?

"Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:

> I wrote something that would change the desktop background color based on
> whatever you wanted to choose on a per company basis.  It probably wouldn't
> take too much to switch it and it could make each window be that color
> instead of the backgroun.  Upon retrospect however, I don't know how much
> how that would help.  If you had a lot of companies then you'd have to
> remember each company goes to which color.  So unless you company names were
> Green Company, Blue Company, Red Company in which that kinda narrows things
> down, I think it would be just a difficult to keep track of color vs
> company.  In which case the company name would be the better solution
> anyway.
> 
> patrick
> mbs dev support
> 
> -- 
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
> 
> 
> "susiej" <susiej@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:00617FFA-8955-412A-8B88-19D5FD55CDA3@microsoft.com...
> > It would be helpful to be able to set a different background color scheme
> for
> > diffeernt companies within Great Plains versus having the system wide
> color
> > scheme that is currently used (Version 8.0). This would allow the "visual"
> > cue for data entry and testing so the user will have an additional signal
> as
> > to which company they are working in and not rely just the notation up on
> the
> > tool bar.
> >
> > ----------------
> > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
> > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow
> this
> > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
> > click "I Agree" in the message pane.
> >
> >
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=00617ffa-8955-412a-8b88-19d5fd55cda3&dg=microsoft.publi
> c.greatplains
> 
> 
> 
0
Gray (39)
1/13/2006 4:36:02 PM
Gray,

I'll save you the relatively small price tag that I was thinking of.  David
Musgrave recently posted something along this very subject line in another
thread in that he created a customization/example that did exactly this
using VBA.  So if you have the Modifier with VBA module or customization
site licence you should be able to use that.  It was fairly recently though
but I'm not sure of the subject line offhand.  However David is a prolific
poster to this board so you should be able to find one of his posts and his
email and request the customization.

However if you don't have either of these, then you'd need a Dexterity
modification which I have done somewhat but on an older version (and not
quite as cool as David's demo).

patrick
mbs developer support


-- 
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.


"Gray" <Gray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:E4E3E4FE-A179-4759-BD9E-6A864EED18E4@microsoft.com...
> Patrick,
> This sounds like something we could use as we have several groups of
> companies that we use.  Can you give us more info?
>
> "Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:
>
> > I wrote something that would change the desktop background color based
on
> > whatever you wanted to choose on a per company basis.  It probably
wouldn't
> > take too much to switch it and it could make each window be that color
> > instead of the backgroun.  Upon retrospect however, I don't know how
much
> > how that would help.  If you had a lot of companies then you'd have to
> > remember each company goes to which color.  So unless you company names
were
> > Green Company, Blue Company, Red Company in which that kinda narrows
things
> > down, I think it would be just a difficult to keep track of color vs
> > company.  In which case the company name would be the better solution
> > anyway.
> >
> > patrick
> > mbs dev support
> >
> > -- 
> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.
> >
> >
> > "susiej" <susiej@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:00617FFA-8955-412A-8B88-19D5FD55CDA3@microsoft.com...
> > > It would be helpful to be able to set a different background color
scheme
> > for
> > > diffeernt companies within Great Plains versus having the system wide
> > color
> > > scheme that is currently used (Version 8.0). This would allow the
"visual"
> > > cue for data entry and testing so the user will have an additional
signal
> > as
> > > to which company they are working in and not rely just the notation up
on
> > the
> > > tool bar.
> > >
> > > ----------------
> > > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> > > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click
the "I
> > > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button,
follow
> > this
> > > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
then
> > > click "I Agree" in the message pane.
> > >
> > >
> >
http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=00617ffa-8955-412a-8b88-19d5fd55cda3&dg=microsoft.publi
> > c.greatplains
> >
> >
> >


0
prot1 (1345)
1/14/2006 2:32:59 AM
Great suggestion, and good response/ideas from others. At this point, we don't have this in our plans. We will consider it for future releases, but check out some of these other options. 

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

<susiej> wrote:


It would be helpful to be able to set a different background color scheme for 
diffeernt companies within Great Plains versus having the system wide color 
scheme that is currently used (Version 8.0). This would allow the "visual" 
cue for data entry and testing so the user will have an additional signal as 
to which company they are working in and not rely just the notation up on the 
tool bar.

----------------
This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the 
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I 
Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this 
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then 
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=00617ffa-8955-412a-8b88-19d5fd55cda3&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
cgust (108)
4/21/2006 5:17:02 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

multiple CD's, same bank
I've got multiple CD's opened up at the same bank. They are all under the same account number, but each under a separate heading. Each of the CD's mature at a different time, and they will be rolled over into new CD's over the next 18 years. Futhermore, my bank provides online banking services directly within MS Money, including automated download of statements. So...what would be the best way to set up these accounts in Money? Should I create one account named CD and then make a cash transaction for each CD? Should I set up each CD as an individual investment accou...

One Entry to Multiple Rows
I have data that looks like this: X1 | Y1 Y2 Y3 Y4 X2 | Y4 Y5 Y6 Y7 And I need to get to: X1 | Y1 X1 | Y2 X1 | Y3 X1 | Y4 X2 | Y4 ...... etc. I can change the 2nd row's entries to more columns, but that doesn't seem to get me much closer to the needed format (and there are thousands of lines so I'd rather not do it manually). Any ideas? should do it. change mc to suit '===== Option Explicit Sub lineemup() Dim mc As Long Dim mr As Long Dim i As Long Dim lc As Long mc = 3 'col c mr = 1 For i = 1 To Cells(Rows.Count, mc).End(xlUp).Row lc ...

Downloading multiple messages
All of a sudden outlook has started downloading multiple messages from my pop account (ie 22 of the same) It is also sending out 22 of the same message. How can I resolve this issue? What version of Outlook do you have? Does it download duplicates of *all* messages, or just of one or two messages? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "GW" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:005101c3bf4c$e748bf30$a501280a@phx.gbl... > All of a sudden outlook has started do...

Integrating Great Plains 8.0 and CRM 1.2 and Windows Small Busines
Integrating Great Plains 8.0 and CRM 1.2 I run a Windows Small Business Server 2003 Premium box along with a Windows Server 2003 Standard box used for my Great Plains 8.0 and SQL 2000. I’m considering introducing CRM 1.2 Professional into the mix. From a hardware stand point I know I’m fine all around. I’ve been researching how I should configure CRM and am a bit confused. The info I’ve found in KB887153 states “When you install Microsoft Business Solutions CRM Integrations for Great Plains 7.0, 7.5, or 8.0, Microsoft BizTalk Server is also installed. However, BizTalk Server 2000 and B...

Color not working
I am operating Windows 2000, using Office Pro 2003. I am no longer able to format my cells with colors, either shading or text coloring. I have run the repair feature, but it didn't work. Bold, Underline, and similar functions still work. Please help. Thanks. CC Have a look at this: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320531 Biff >-----Original Message----- >I am operating Windows 2000, using Office Pro 2003. I am >no longer able to format my cells with colors, either >shading or text coloring....

How to remove black frame/background around the icon <1183463901.227455.123960@e16g2000pri.googlegroups.com>
Hi, I have created a toolbar using Deskband in Visual Studio 6.0. I have added icons for the buttons but for every icon, I see a black background/frame. Even if I open the icon in MS Paint, I see that black frame. Its like all the icons are sqaure in shape and except for the actual picture everything else is black! I have never worked with icons before and I do not know how I can get rid of this. It makes my toolbar look very ugly. Please somebody help EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com Normally, icons (.ico) files are actually two bitmaps, a mask bitm...

Error message when signing into Great Plains
I have a problem when setting up MS Great Plain. When I log into a company (E.G. company ABC), I receive an error message says "Decrypt Job Cost Creation Failed", I press OK, and the program just continues to run. Is there anyone know what is this message is about and how to resolve this problem?? Thank you very much This error is generated by the Wennsoft Products dictionary. Most times it relates to not installing the Wennsoft product from the SETUP.EXE. This is necessary as it installs and registers a couple DLL files, specifically WSREGKEYM.DLL and WSWRAPPER.DLL Refer to th...

grayscale autoshape changes to color when converting to PDF
When converting from Microsoft Publisher 2007 to Adobe Acrobat 8.0 PDF, the autoshape picture that we changed to grayscale changes back to color when reviewing the created PDF. Are you setting Acrobat to print in black and white? Select the PDF printer, properties, paper/quality tab. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "CDJ" <CDJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6BE9EE01-97DB-4AB6-BD9C-25E27E0BB68D@microsoft.com... > When converting from Microsoft Publisher 2007 to Adobe Acrobat 8.0 P...

Multiple Language Issues
Hi all, Has anyone successfully manually updated a non-English supported 5.5 to 2003? (The reason for the manual update was a broken admin account.) Mail and contacts were all exported to PST files, and then imported to 2003. However, although the text of the messages is fine (English and Russian), the text for contact names and message subjects gets gorched if they contained any Russian text. Does anyone know the correct sequence to follow to take messages and contacts in Russian (or other languages) from 5.5 to 2003, while retaining the non-English subject lines and contact names? ...

Highlight color for selected items
How can I find out what color is used for highlighting selected items (for example in Windows Explorer)on a users computer? Normally it is a blue color, but a user can change that. "Urban Olars" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:071c01c3c941$3db2c890$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How can I find out what color is used for highlighting > selected items (for example in Windows Explorer)on a users > computer? > Normally it is a blue color, but a user can change that. See if it's GetSysColor/COLOR_HIGHLIGHT. -- Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP] Take a ...

Multiple Sales Transaction for Same Work Order
I am in the process of trying to create a store level report by department, catagory, and item of the moneys received in total by both deposit on work orders and on direct sales that are not work orders. We require a 100% deposit (of a single tender type) on work orders. I then need to break this deposit down by department, catagory and item. Then I must add that to the same break down for direct sales. Thereby getting a total of all moneys received during a specified period for the store across all registers. So basically I am trying to figure out the data structure and org...

FormatAutoshape->ColorsAndLines->Fill->Color->Background
Does anyone know what the above switch does? As far as I can see, it forces a fill of white. I am using Office 2003 with Windows XP. It forces the fill to match the backgrouns fill at any point (I guess you have a white background). Give your slide a background picture or gradient (right click > format background), cover it with eg a plain blue rectangle. Now insert a circle and do as you did above. Move the circle around to see how it works. -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials...

Multiple Report Dictionaries
We just acquired another company and some of the modified reports will need to be different than the ones we currently use. There are a few people that will need to work with both companies in Great Plains. Is there a way to change which reportws dictionary a company uses - or a user uses - without editing the launch file? Thanks,, Mike You could have two installations of the client on the workstation. Each installation would have a different dictionary file. The user would have to pick the right one. "MikeW" <MikeW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

in Publisher I want to merge/send email with multiple attachments
Using Publisher 2007 I know how to do a merge and then email out from a list. Publisher gives the option to attach multiple attachments to the email but when the send actually goes out it only carries the first of the attachments and discards the others. Is there a trick to making multiple attachments stay attached? or is this a bug... Thanks to anyone who can clear this up.. Rust Gilbert Rust, Since you already know how to do email merges in Publisher 2007, you're probably the ideal person to answer my question...I have been trying to do an email merge using an existing publis...

Can I embed or link multiple .pdf files into or to an excel file?
I would like to link .pdf files to an excel file. Within my excel file I would like to have a column that has file names in it. Then have excel link those files to the excel file so when I print the excel file all the linked files print along with it. use hyper link "GrubbyG" wrote: > I would like to link .pdf files to an excel file. Within my excel file I > would like to have a column that has file names in it. Then have excel link > those files to the excel file so when I print the excel file all the linked > files print along with it. ...

Sending multiple Emails so each person does not get the list
We want to send out multiple emails to several email accounts. We dont want the accounts to see the list of accounts that the email went to. How does one do this in Outlook? In any contacts folder, Tools | Mail Merge is the best choice. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "tom" <Spamblocker@ameritech.net> wrote in message = ...

How can i change the color in the task pane?
The "Hyperlink" color in the task menu is green and difficult to read. Is there a way to change it? Create a custom color scheme. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Flag Girl" <Flag Girl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15D4BDF4-EBE1-44EC-8F13-40197CEB37F2@microsoft.com... > The "Hyperlink" color in the task menu is green and difficult to read. Is > there a way to change it? ...

Colors matching on a page ....
Has anybody had any problems with creating a document in Publisher and using more than one color on the page, but having more than one color appear when printing? I have checked the color of the font and they are all the same...but when I print, one line may come out one color and the next one, another. Close...but not the same. And I have checked to make sure they are the same colors in every aspect. They are...until I print????? Why is this happening and how can I fix it? Liz wrote: > Has anybody had any problems with creating a document in Publisher > and using more than ...

email background color
Just reinstalled Outlook 2000 on repaired win98 system. Now received HTML emails display with a grey background. I'm not finding where there are settings to control this? ...

Outlook 2003
Hi, Anyone know if it is possible to save multiple calendar selection views in Outlook 2003 yet ? For example a receptionist may have the ability to view say twenty or so users calendars. When she closes Outlook and opens it up again she has to select them all over again. I see lots of people wanting to do this and being told that it's not possible...or at least the posts I've read thus far. Jim. ...

Supporting multiple excel versions from .NET
Hi, I am using excel automation to write data to Excel. I am using Excel 9 and I using early binding to create the objects. I would like to support Excel versions 9 and upwards. To run the same application on a production system, with office XP,( which has only the framework installed), should I distribute the olb file, that I used while referencing, along with my installation? Are there any other dependencies, that I need to take care? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. ...

How do I remove multiple hyperlinks in the same cell (Excel)?
I have multiple hyperlinks in one Excel cell, each separated by a hard return (ALT-Enter). I can remove the hyperlinks using: -- right click > remove hyperlink -- or by using a macro but I cannot get this to work on multiple links in one cell. When I do this, all links go into one line separated by a square box. I have had to create a separate line for the second hyperlink, and this is making my spreadsheet look out of alignment. Please help! ...

Fixed multi-color background!
Can anyone help with this: I need to be able to highlight my chart background as (in rows from top to bottom): Red, Yellow, Green, Yellow, and Red. So I can have my Line chart run through it. I have only one data series (values) that run on 16 columns. I've tried to hilite it, but Excel will only hilite the entire background (plot area) at once. Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks. Hi, The multiple coloured background can be created by using a dummy dataseries. For your chart you would use a stacked column. Have a look a the technique shown by Jon in his example. http://peltie...

Multiple Outgoing Messages
Recently, Outlook 2002 (Internet Mail Only) clients on our LAN have begun to intermittently send outgoing messages repeatedly. In most, but not all, instances the messages have attachments, and take an unusually long time to send before showing a "Complete" Send/Receive status. The messages then remain in the Outbox, and are sent multiple times before finally clearing themselves or being manually deleted. Any insights into this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, lewis. Hi, It seems like you've gotten a virus of some kind. There's no harm in running an an antivi...

multiple pick from drop-down list
Does anyone know how to setup a drop-down type (or other type) list where I could pick multiple selections from the list and have it populate each selection in a different cell? Thanks, John Drop-downs do not lend themselves to multiple selections (what should be shown in the text area when the drop-down is not dropped down? You would probably be best off using a ListBox (it supports multiple selections). Can you give a more detailed description of what you want to do? Rick "johnrb7865" <johnrb7865@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD85C389-6AFC-4BC1-9...