Multi dimensional Analysis- Query

can we split the expenses based on projects thru MDA.
tho: my COA is not designed based on projects.

0
ram1 (75)

Building macro to run Query(w/dropdown parameters) then report
I have a query with parameters from which I'd like to run a report. I can do so with regular parameter prompts but would like to use a drop down box. I have read the instructions in www. fontstuff.com/access/ about how to create the combo box for the parameter, however, I'm not sure how to get the macro to wait for the query to run before the report. It HAD been a select query, but I changed it to a make a table query but it stil didn't work. Any ideas? -- -Christie Can't you just remove the parameters altogether and allow the combo box (and maybe a text box or two) ...

Using Queries in Excel
What are the best practices for using database-like queries in Excel. Let's say you wish to join to sheets together och view a subset of columns in a third sheet. I've tried several different methods, but I dont think any of them are completely good. I've used VLookup, Index, MS Query. (MS Query must be the must forgotten MS product in history. It's like a time machine back to Windows 3.11) I've also tried alot of different methods for searching a range, based on more than one criteria, and display the result, either a single value or a sum based on several rows. Here i&#...

Add a row to a query result.
I have a query that I am using to return a list of jobs to be used as the data source of a combo box in a local vb.net application. job: job_id, job_num, other insignificant columns 1, '12345-11', ... 2, '12346-22', ... etc. My query is this: SELECT job_id, job_num FROM job ORDER BY job_id And returns: 1, '12345-11' 2, '12346-22' Now, I would like to return this: -1, 'New Job...' 1, '12345-11' 2, '12346-22' Can I not use a Union Query for that? I can use: SELECT -1, 'New Job...' but when I union it with the existing q...

Crosstab Query
I've created a crosstab query that counts the number of calls per month. The call field only contains a date. I've used that field as the column header and chose to group it by month, but can't get it to seperate the months by year. For instance all of March is grouped together whether it's March, 2009 or March, 2010. I'm pretty new to Access so I'm not familiar with SQL or VBA. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Nate Access 2003 "Nate" <Nate@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht news:CAC55303-3AA4-4057...

Chinese letters in a Query
Hi all, i have this strange issue: I just converted to 2007..and in a memo field of a query i receive chinese letter???? what have i done wrong? See if this link about memo fields in queries helps. http://allenbrowne.com/bug-16.html Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC86408F-9337-4E09-BE4A-52E50FC912A2@microsoft.com... > Hi all, i have this strange issue: > > I just converted to 2007..and in a memo field of a query i receive > chinese > ...

Date query 08-03-07
Hi I'm trying to write a query that selects records based on a date range and Uses the Date of Birth if the Date entered is blank (null) or uses the date entered if that date is filled in. My query works fine for the first condition where I say if "date entered is null" and DOB between the 2 dates. My problem comes in when I put in the second line in the criteria and say if the date entered is between the 2 dates. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Jeff ...

issue refreshing data from microsoft query from within Excel
the error is: The Microsoft Office Access databaseengine cannot open or write to the file (blah, blah, blah)....It's already opened exclusively by another user, or you..... Help? ...

Multiple ODBC Database lik in one MSQUERY query
Do you know if it is possible to query on several database in one single msquery If yes, thanks to explain If not, how to succeed -> Is there another version of msquery that would permit to do that? -> should I go first through Access with linked tables to master databases tables? Thanks for your help Alain79 ...

Parameter Query For Selected Dates or All Dates
Hi Folks - I'm having a senior moment. I have a query with a date field. I want to use Between [Start Date] and [End Date] to choose a date range, but if the user leaves the parameters blank, I want all records returned. I was able to do this when I passed a form control to the query, but I can't figure out how to do it within the criteria row of the query. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. -- Michael On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 17:02:00 -0500, Michael wrote: > Hi Folks - I'm having a senior moment. I have a query with a date field. I > want to use Between [Start Da...

One prompt for Four Queries
I have four queries that are used as subreports in a summary report. All four queries use the same prompt (for the same field): [Enter Patient Contact ID] How do I get only one prompt so that the keyed in patient contact id is used for all four queries? =?Utf-8?B?V2VuZGVsaW4=?= wrote: > > I have four queries that are used as subreports in a summary report. > > All four queries use the same prompt (for the same field): [Enter Patient > Contact ID] > > How do I get only one prompt so that the keyed in patient contact id is used > for all four qu...

Force a Query to Insert "Placeholders" (?)
Access 2002 tbl_Main Contains a date field. There are 100s of records in this table tbl_Sub contains a one-to-many link field for tbl_Main, and a field for colors. There are 3 records in this table. I wish to build a query that will show a row for each tbl_Main record, and also a row for each of the colors that are not linked to that record, showing the nulls, and puting the colors in a certain sort order, whether a tbl_Main record has a related record in tbl_Sub or not. Sort of a place-holding record-set. Like this: tbl_MainId.cDate tbl_Sub.Color 1/1/2001 Blue red (not really ther...

xpath query #4
I’m trying to pull up a NodeList of all the Grant elements in the AccessControlList element of the xml document displayed below. However I’m not getting the list using the following code: XmlDocument doc = new XmlDocument(); doc.LoadXml(“MyXml”); XmlNodeList nodes = doc.SelectNodes("/AccessControlPolicy/AccessControlList"); What am I missing? Scott My Xml: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> <AccessControlPolicy xmlns="http://s3.amazonaws.com/doc/2006-03-01/"> <O...

Stumped with LIKE query
I have a MS Access database (from Office XP) to catalog my movies in. Here's my dilemma... I have Shrek 1 an 2. From within Access, how can I query the names so Shrek and Shrek 2 are both returned? I either get one or nothing. Here's what I have tried (among other things): SELECT Table1.MovieName, Table1.MovieYear, Table1.Category, Table1.Rating, Table1.Plot FROM Table1 WHERE Table1.MovieName Like [Enter Movie Name]; That returns only "Shrek" and not "Shrek 2". ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ----- SELECT Table1.M...

How do I save multi-page newsletter as .htm and see all pages in I
I created a two-page newsletter and need to send out for review - so I saved it as a .htm file. When I went to preview it before blasting out on e-mail - all I see is the first page. The Publisher Book that came with the software "Discovering Microsoft Publisher" is a little too new-agey and not enough instruction to help with this problem. Am I missing something obvious here? I had the newsletter printing as single pages in Publisher before saving as ..htm. I thought that might be the problem. So I changed to double-sided print. Nada. Not everyone that's reviewing...

Need Help with a formula in a query!
I am working in a query. I have a field called DOB and a field called Classroom. I am trying to come > up > with a formula that will calculate the Visiting date that I put in my form. The formula for the form does not work in the query. The Visiting date that will show if a Child's > Classroom = Bumble Bears, the visiting date needs to tell me the date > on his 15 months, when the Child's Classroom = Doodlebugs, the > visiting date needs to tell me the date on his 33 months. > > Can anyone help me. I have such a hard time with IF statements. Your > help is ...

Column Limit in MS-Query
A user had a query that used to work fine with about 200 columns. It now will not run. We kept deleting columns in the query until it ran and it did so at 179 columns. This issue is happening on XP and Windows 2000 in Office 2002 and Office 2000. The database that is being queried is an Oracle database. The SQL runs fine in a normal SQL tool. ...

Preserving Cell Formats in Excel Query
I am doing queries on a large workbook of multiple Excel spreadsheets. When I query the data, the original data formats don't carry through to the query results. Is there a way to carry original formatting through to Excel Query results Any insight would be appreciated Karen S No, you can import the data, but not the formats. If you're importing programmatically, you could apply the formatting as part of the import procedure. Karen S wrote: > I am doing queries on a large workbook of multiple Excel spreadsheets. When I query the data, the original data formats don't car...

crosstab query? 12-04-09
I use Access to run my pool league. I am trying to get if not a crosstab query, some query whic will give me one team's wins vs. another team. Right now I enter results and use a union query to show them. Here is the format of the union query: GameDate GameID HomeTeam Player Team Result 12/1 1 AA Joe BB Win 12/1 2 AA Bob BB Loss I then ran a crosstab query to show wins per team vs. the home team. Team is the row, wins the value and home team the column. What I am looking for is a way to show tha...

Table open error in Collections Management Query Letters
I got this "Table open error" message when I attempt to print Collection letters either individually through the collection main screen or through build collection letters. Any idea what is wrong? Thank you ...

Query duplicates results due to many-to-many relationships
I have a query with fields from different tables. Two or three of these field may have one or more entries. When I run the query, if it displays a record where there are multiple entries for a particular field, it will list the record multiple times. An example: This DB involves officers using force - if there is more than one officer involved, each one will be listed with the applicable level of force and if the subject is arrested, there may be one or more charges enterer - assuming there are 2 officers with 3 charges, that record may be listed 5 or 6 times, but the multipl...

Multi-Word Search in Windows Explorer
Line 2 of the 'Windows Explorer' search panel says "A word or a phrase in the file:" The problem is, if you put in two words it must hink you are looking for a phrase. I'm not. I want explorer to look for files with two words (or more), regardless of where they appear in the file, as long as 'both' or 'multi' words are found. Cannot believe that Microsoft would leave such a simple search out of their program so I must not know how to do it. Commas between words don't work, not spaces. Who has the answer? Thanks, John WYSIW...

Multi-user locking
I have a split database consisting of a Data.mdb file and a Front.mdb file, accessed with Access 2007. I am sharing this database with one other coworker, so we've put Data.mdb on a central shared folder, and each of us have a copy of Front.mdb (actually one of us is running a Front.mde from the shared folder). We're having some serious trouble with locking and being able to access the forms, though. The database contains 5 major forms and maybe 20-30 subforms, all accessing another 20-30 tables with lots of 1:n relationships. The problem we're seeing is that it seems as if when ...

Analysis Toolpak
Hi, I've got spreadsheet in which functions from Analysis Toolpack don't work. For example I write in the cell in this workbook "=MDURATION(37000;37001;3%;1%;1;3)" and this function doesn't work in one workbook and works in the others. What can be the reason for it? Thanks for help Mariusz What do you mean by "Doesn't work"? If you get a #NAME! error, then the Analysis Tookpack is either not installed or is not checked under Tools|Add-Ins on that comptuer. Jerry Mariusz wrote: > Hi, > I've got spreadsheet in which functions from Analysis ...

tallying occurrences independently in a query?
Hello all - i am trying to tally results in a query - here's an e.g. of the type of data: [YesNo] [Qtr1] [Qtr2] [Qtr3] [Qtr4] Yes A A A A Yes A B B B Yes B B B B No A A A B No B A A B No B A B B what i want to be able to do is to tally the occurrences of A's and B's in the last four columns grouped on the selection in the first column. i.e. [Qtr1] [Qtr2] [Qtr3] [Qtr4] Ye...

Update Query Randomization
I'm now trying to update some of the data in a table with UPDATE rawdata SET rawdata.[User] = Int((1200-1+1)*Rnd()+1); but it updates all the values to a single random number. Is there a way to make it insert a different random number for each value? The key is called ID Test if this will work: UPDATE rawdata SET rawdata.[User] = Int((1200-1+1)*Rnd()+[USER]); -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "Ian" wrote: > I'm now trying to update some of the data in a table with > ...