Multi-company User License

I a user works on three different company databases (three application
instances) on the same machine at the same time, will he/she use one or three
user licenses? Please confirm.

Thanks
0
Hemant (8)

Great Plains licensing is based on concurrent users.  This is on a per
user/per company basis.

If one user is running 3 instances of the application in 3 companies, they
are using 3 concurrent user licenses.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer
MBS Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com

and confers no rights.

"Hemant" wrote:

> I a user works on three different company databases (three application
> instances) on the same machine at the same time, will he/she use one or three
> user licenses? Please confirm.
>
> Thanks
0
dmusgrav1 (1325)

Controlling user access to MS CRM in a Multi-tenant environment.
Hi all, How can i prevent concurrent user logging to CRM concurrently using same logging details. the client has one licence, but other staff members are able to log onto CRM use same credentials at the same time. i want to be able to prevent othe people from logging in if there one already logged in. -- ...

User cannot see Check Name icon on new message form
Users cannot see Check Name icon on the create a new message form. OWA running on Exchange 5.5. Does anyone know how to activate this. ...

Error 17092

Publisher 2007 trialV does not recognize user Word dictionaries
Publisher 2007 trialV does not recognize user Word dictionary. If I try to install the dictionary in publisher it says save dictionary as unicode. I do not have this as a save option in Word XP. Thanks, Dick. ...

New users/mailboxes in exchange
Playing about with Exchange, I have set up half a dozen users successfully but all of a sudden whenever i create a new user and exchange mailbox the process doesn't seem to fully complete. It creates the user/mailbox fine, and I can log on a PC using the username/password specified, but when I try to check the name in outlook 2003 i get the error message "THE NAME COULD NOT BE RESOLVED. THE NAME COULD NOT BE MATCHED TO AN ADDRESS IN THE ADDRESS LIST". No matter what I do and despite the hours and hours of digging I just cannot fathom what is stopping me connecting to the e...

CRM 1.0 Server License
I have a client that has been running CRM 1.0 and isn't sure if a server license was required back then or if they have a license for it now. Are they grandfathered in with the server license for 1.2 and 3.0? If they are current with the software assurance, then they will be able to upgrade their licenses free of charge. There were server licenses for v1.0 as well. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Brian Jones" <BrianJones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D497654-5EE8-4C80-9305-088798DA25C8@microsoft.com... I have a client that has been runnin...

asiexp .dat and .idx files in user temp folder
All of our users connect to GP via a terminal server. Everyday there are boatloads of asiexp.dat and asiexp.idx files in the temp folder for each user. Some are quite large. Are these related to the SmartLists that each user has access to? When / how are they created and refreshed? Thanks. -- Jim@TurboChef ------=_NextPart_0001_02724A81 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, Thanks for posting to Newsgroups. The asiexp*.dat and asiexp*.idx files are for Smartlist within Great Plains and stored in the user profiles temp folder. This is normal behavior. ...

Recovering emails lost as a result of removing user account in Win 98
A few weeks ago, I have made some changes to my friend's Win98 OS to d away with the login popup (where u press enter or cancel when u have t key in your username. Both will bring you to the Desktop of win98) Can't remember the details exactly, but it does include changing th Windows Family Logon or something similar, and then changing som passwords for the computer, including the screensaver, renaming th extension to the existing password for the user to .old extension. ( searched online and followed the instructions there) I didn't realise that after that, some data the user wa...

Option to prevent users creating other than User ID based Smartlis
On a site with a large user count it is necessary to control the number of "global" smartlist favourites that can be created/saved. A tick box on the user maintenance window to nominate that the user can only save favourites for their user id - this user would have the favourites field "Visible To" locked with the value "User ID". This would greatly assist in managing the number of smartlist favourites people will see and need to navigate through. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the m...

Can I create a thread safe Winform User Control
Hi, I know that if I want to update a Windows Form Control from a worker thread I need to check InvokeRequired on the control and jump through some hoops. I can get that all to work. But, I wonder if I can make a User Control which inherits from for example, System.Windows.Forms.Label, and has the correct thread safe set method built in? In fact, why are Windows Forms controls not thread safe? It seems like it would have been pretty easy to build in, at least for the their simple properties, and would save a fair amount of fiddly work on the developer's part. Thanks, ...

How to let users add lines in lists in protected worksheets?
In Excel 2003, I have set up a protected worksheet with only a few cells unlocked, including a list. I want to let the users add lines to the list eventhough all the cells outside the list are protected. The users should not be able to add lines anywhere outside the list. Thanks. ...

Project server 2007 deleted user by mistake
Hi, We are using project server 2007 forms authentication. By mistake I deleted one user from the project web access --> server setting -->delete enterprise objects objects. But the timesheet for the delete user is available. I tried to created the same user using pjformsauthupgrade command it is througing an error Failed to create user UserName. Error ResourceUIDInvalid occurred creating user. Failed to upgrade or create user UserName in the Project Server database. Upgraded users in published database. But when I try to create the user from Manage User--> Add U...

User not seeing all the recipients.
Hi folks, I have a question maybe someone can help me out with. I have a user who will ocasionally get random e-mails that do not show all the recipients of the e-mail, and no, these e-mails are not sent out with BCC's. Other recipients of the e-mail are able to see everyone that the message went to. I checked her PC and she doesn't seem to have any filters running that would prevent her from seeing the recipients. Any ideas? This is in Outlook 2000. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages ...

License Warning
I get a license warning box that says "Warning: License usage for a product licensed in per server mose is nearing the maximum number of licenses purchased. Consult the Application event log or Licensing from the Administrative Tools folder for more information" I checked the licenses and we have 25 purchased but it says maxium usage is 31. What does that mean? Also, sometimes it says maxium usage is 10. On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 11:00:02 -0700, "mark" <mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I get a license warning box that says "Warning: License usage fo...

Does the administrator have to take up a license?
Does the administrator require its own license, or can you assign the System Administrator to a user and remove the license after the initial setup? It seems a bit bad for a company to have to buy an extra license for the Administrator. no the admin doesn't need a license......but when you log on to your CRM server, make sure that person has a license AND admin rights (other wise you won't be able to run Deployment Manager and various other CRM tasks). -Gary "Jake Horn" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:ufL$9mC8DHA.3288@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Does th...

Multi Value list box selects all customer
I have this code as a multiValue listbox but everytime i select which customer i want it select them all, can anyone tell me how i can fix's this thanks Dim varitem As Variant Dim strTempItem As String For Each varitem In Me.lstReportFilter.ItemsSelected strTempItem = strTempItem & " [SalesGroupingField]=" & Me.lstReportFilter.ItemData(varitem) & " Or " Next strTempItem = "(" & Left(strTempItem, Len(strTempItem) - 4) & ")" Have you set the MultiSelect to Simple on the list's property box (it's...

New user requiring help...
Hi There, I am a relatively new Publisher 2003 user and I have two separate Publisher documents that I need to incorporate as one document for a report but can't see how to do it for the life of me! Does anyone know how I can do this? I assumed that it would be similar to PowerPoint where you can view in 'slide sorter' and then just drop and drag individual 'slides' / pages into the other document but I can't see such a facility. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. -- Kind regards Bec Bec Hanson wrote: > Hi There, > > I am a relatively new Publ...

Outlook XP & User profile
When I logon using the same name to the company's domain, I can't access my information on outlook. Log off and log on to this computer only and the information is there. Is there any way to create on profile to Outlook son when I am connected to the domain and when I am not connected I can see the same information in outlook. The User profile is Ernie when I log to this computer and The User profile is Ernie.meddomain when I log to the domain. Can anyony help? thanks ...

No Exchange option when creating user on DC
Hi all, i have just deployed 3 servers: DC, Exchange Front-End and Exchange Back-End. This is a new domain in a new forest. Beside that i have an old domain with two-way forest trust created. Now i want to create a new user in that new domain. All is ok, but... there is no prompt for exchage mailbox creation. User properties has noe e-mails tab :( What have i made wrong? Thank you in advance. are you trying to create the user from the DC? if so, then you need to install the exchange admin tools, then you will be able to create the mailbox with a new user and have the exchange extensi...

Disabled then Re-enabled User account in AD...
I have just posted this issue in the Outlook discussion but thought i might try here as well. I disabled a user account here and ended up re-enabling it after some confusion of the end date of the employee. He can now log back into the domain and has access to everything again through group permissions and so on... but he gets this error when trying to access outlook: Unable to open default email folders. The Attempt to log on to the Microsoft Exchange Server has Failed (Server Name) I get the following event logged: Exchange Event ID: 1022 Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store Versi...

Does a User's Rules Run if the User is not logged on?
They will run only if using an Exchange server and the rule is not Client only. >-----Original Message----- > >. > ...

OWA
Hi, I have an Exchange 2003 cluster with an Exchange 2003 front-end server for Outlook Web Access. I've been looking at KB830827 as I need to set up webmail so only certain people can use it. In the KB article it says it is possible to do this with three steps to follow. Step 3 says I need to create a new HTTP virtual server but when I try to create one as per its instructions, I get a message saying "This virtual server will not start because the combination of IP address, Port, and Host name matches that of another Exchange virtual server". I'm not really sure what...

How populate multi-column Listbox control?
Ok, I'm back with more questions about the Listbox control. The help documention is not very helpful, so I gotta keep asking here, haha. Anyways, my listbox control is set to have 3 columns, but I just can't figure out how to put data into any column except column 1. How the heck can I put data in columns 2 or 3??? BTW, I tried the following code which I found through Google, but it doesn't work: ListBox1.AddItem "here is some text" ListBox1.List(1, 1) = "more data" ListBox1.List(1, 2) = "even more data" Please help. t...

User with delegated rights can not access mailbox
Wondering if anyone has come across this issue or similiar Migration of exchange 2k users off one server to another - completed successfully, first server brought offline\taken out of container properly. But it seems that some delegated users profiles are still attempting to access the first server when it tries to view the delegated mailbox (not their own). Does anyone know what may be happening? All are outlook clients...non are mac clients nor access via owa. Any input would be much appreciated thank kai Have you tried deleting/re-creating the mail profile? Kai wrote: > Wondering ...

Check 'If LDAP field exists for user then...
If I have a query which returns the LDAP data for a user how can I run an 'IF' on whether or not a field exists? For example If LDAPFieldX Exists then.... Else ....... I've tried IsNull and a few others but they don't seem to work. Hi Dan, Generally, for detecting existence of an object or property, you can use IsNull or IsEmpty as below: =============== propertyout = "" prop = Session.Property("SOMEPROPERTY") If IsNull(prop) Or IsEmpty(prop) Then ' do stuff Else propertyout = propertyout+prop ' do other stuff End If ==...