msde test company

Anyone know how to get this script to work?

RESTORE DATABASE TEST
FROM DISK = 'C:\Forms\CDS_July8-2004.bak'
WITH FILE = 1, NOUNLOAD,
STATS = 10, RECOVERY, REPLACE,
MOVE 'GPSCDSDat.mdf' TO 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server Desktop Engine\MSSQL$CDS\Data\GPSTESTDat.mdf',

MOVE 'GPSCDSLog.ldf' TO 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server Desktop Engine\MSSQL$CDS\Data\GPSTESTLog.ldf'

without getting this error?

Server: Msg 5105, Level 16, State 2, Line 1
Device activation error. The physical file
name 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server Desktop Engine\MSSQL$CDS\Data\GPSTESTDat.mdf' may
be incorrect.
Server: Msg 3156, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
File 'GPSCDSDat.mdf' cannot be restored to 'C:\Program
Files\Microsoft SQL
Server Desktop Engine\MSSQL$CDS\Data\GPSTESTDat.mdf'. Use
WITH MOVE to identify a valid location for the file.
Server: Msg 5105, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
Device activation error. The physical file
name 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server Desktop Engine\MSSQL$CDS\Data\GPSTESTLog.ldf' may
be incorrect.
Server: Msg 3156, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
File 'GPSCDSLog.ldf' cannot be restored to 'C:\Program
Files\Microsoft SQL
Server Desktop Engine\MSSQL$CDS\Data\GPSTESTLog.ldf'. Use
WITH MOVE to identify a valid location for the file.
Server: Msg 3013, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
RESTORE DATABASE is terminating abnormally.

Kate Hulit
Asyma Systems Inc.

0
anonymous (74722)

Hi

The syntax for the WITH MOVE is

    MOVE 'logical_file_name' TO 'operating_system_file_name'

example :

WITH MOVE 'Northwind'        TO  'c:\test\testdb.mdf',
           MOVE 'Northwind_log' TO 'c:\test\testdb.ldf'

Regards

James

Hope this helps
"Kate Hulit" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Anyone know how to get this script to work?
>
> RESTORE DATABASE TEST
> FROM DISK = 'C:\Forms\CDS_July8-2004.bak'
> WITH FILE = 1, NOUNLOAD,
> STATS = 10, RECOVERY, REPLACE,
> MOVE 'GPSCDSDat.mdf' TO 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
> Server Desktop Engine\MSSQL$CDS\Data\GPSTESTDat.mdf',
>
> MOVE 'GPSCDSLog.ldf' TO 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
> Server Desktop Engine\MSSQL$CDS\Data\GPSTESTLog.ldf'
>
> without getting this error?
>
> Server: Msg 5105, Level 16, State 2, Line 1
> Device activation error. The physical file
> name 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
> Server Desktop Engine\MSSQL$CDS\Data\GPSTESTDat.mdf' may
> be incorrect.
> Server: Msg 3156, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
> File 'GPSCDSDat.mdf' cannot be restored to 'C:\Program
> Files\Microsoft SQL
> Server Desktop Engine\MSSQL$CDS\Data\GPSTESTDat.mdf'. Use
> WITH MOVE to identify a valid location for the file.
> Server: Msg 5105, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
> Device activation error. The physical file
> name 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
> Server Desktop Engine\MSSQL$CDS\Data\GPSTESTLog.ldf' may
> be incorrect.
> Server: Msg 3156, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
> File 'GPSCDSLog.ldf' cannot be restored to 'C:\Program
> Files\Microsoft SQL
> Server Desktop Engine\MSSQL$CDS\Data\GPSTESTLog.ldf'. Use
> WITH MOVE to identify a valid location for the file.
> Server: Msg 3013, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
> RESTORE DATABASE is terminating abnormally.
>

> Kate Hulit
> Asyma Systems Inc.

Problem with accesing a company
Sorry: I do not have a good english, I'm from Mexico... We have GP in Spanish... but it isn�t a news group in spanish I have 4 companies, I do not have SQL, but I have MSDE There are a company called "Armagedon" in that we have to wait 2 minutes to accesing it. In the otrer 3 companies, the acces is in 15 seconds.... �Do You have an idea about this situation? Thanks Antonio, We found similar problem in one customer. They used GP7.0 and the problem it was with Purchase Order Enhancements dictionary. Check if removing the dictionary it resolves your problem. Then r...

Stop user from deleting intercompany batch in destination company
How do use stop user from deleting intercompany batch created in destination company? Fire the user - LOL. Seriously, if you have Field Level Security installed, you can disable the Delete button on Batch windows for all users or certain users. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com ...

Limit to ONE user access for multi company post dated payrates Win
At the window to give salary increases called POST-DATED Pay rates (cards>>payroll>>post dated payrates) user is receiving an error saying that another user is working on this window and doesn’t allow the second user to open the window. When they checked the was one other person working on that same window BUT in another company. Ie. User logged in at (Company1) and another user logged in at (Company2) and they can’t both have access at the same time to make salary changes. Knowledge base says to run somekind of script: DELETE UPR 10300 but that fix did not solve the Limit...

test #12

test 08-19-10
just a test ...

TEST
TEST.SORRY! ...

Spinning off a division into a new company
Our company recently sold off one of our divisions. My supervisor wants us to take one of our stand-alone Exchange servers, move all the mailboxes from that division from the cluster to the stand-alone server, and then break the network connection between the stand-alone Exchagne server and the rest of the Exchange environment. As a part of this, a similar thing will be done with AD. 2 weeks later, this "child" domain will be migrated into the new company AD/Exchange structure. My question is whether this will work. I would prefer to set up a new domain and just migrate t...

Test #46
Please ignore. Tatar <afe@ersoy.co.uk> wrote: > Please ignore. Wrong group. Post test messages in microsoft.public.test.here or microsoft.test -- Brian Tillman ...

Test #38
this is a test, plz disregard john John <jchin92@dslextreme.com> wrote: > this is a test, plz disregard Post test messages in a test newsgroup, like microsoft.public.test.here -- Brian Tillman ...

Company does not display in the list
I've created a new company uing the GP Utilities, but id does not disply in the list of companies. Dennis - Did you give users access to the new company under User Access? "Dennis" wrote: > I've created a new company uing the GP Utilities, but id does not disply in > the list of companies. The company does not display to even alow user access setup. "Andrea Smiley" wrote: > Dennis - > Did you give users access to the new company under User Access? > > "Dennis" wrote: > > > I've created a new company uing the GP...

testing
This is just a test. Please ignore this message. Thanks. Stanley ...

Test on the format of a cell in a formula ?
I want to test on the format of a cell in my formula. Example : If the police font of the cell(A4) is strikethrough then ... Other example : If the cell color of the cell A4 is red then ... =IF(????=[red??];true;false) Hi Brunzeg, This would require the use of a user-defined function. I'm happy to help you with this. If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if: 1. You send a copy of this message on an inserted sheet 2. You give me the newsgroup and the subject line 3. You send a clear explanation of what you want 4. You send befo...

testing server has live data
Hi all, I need help here for my testing server. I has a vendor that deploy my live server. Lately I get a testing server. I've installed the crm, db of course. Eventually I able to view all data in live server in my testing server. And whatever action I perform in test server has effect the live server. Help.. anyone knows what trick I've left out? Thank you so much. Regards, Mike Mike - tell us more about how you created your CRM deployment on your test server. It sounds like you have installed the CRM on the test server, and connected it to the live database. Please post ba...

Publisher Webnews 3 Beta Test
Check out the new Webnews 3 test. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.mvps.org/publisher This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Test reply 1 Publisher news "Brian Kvalheim - [MS MVP]" wrote: > Check out the new Webnews 3 test. > -- > Brian Kvalheim > Microsoft Publisher MVP > http://www.mvps.org/publisher > > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. http://beta.communities.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public....

test
test. do not spam please. ...

test
123 ...

a test posting
Maecenas sed nulla eros. Vivamus vulputate pharetra ligula in pretium. Sed id eleifend dolor. Donec mollis facilisis molestie. Morbi sit amet semper massa. Praesent in mi metus. Praesent dolor arcu, consequat ac dictum fermentum, blandit in nulla. In in eleifend lacus. Duis mollis odio congue orci euismod ut accumsan sapien laoreet. Mauris ac dolor ac eros lobortis vulputate. Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas. ...

Compacting........or rather not quite.... (also as a test)
MS Windows XP Home Edition Version 5.1 (build 2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090804-1435 : service pack 3) copyright 2007 INTERNET EXPLORER Version 7.0.5730.13 Build 75730 Hi PA, as well as answering this query (below) could you concider whether the non compacting is due to reasons/faults you/we have already discovered. ********************* I have tried several times over the last couple of months to compact emails in OE. (Usually due to being prompted). Within the box entitled "Compacting" The compacting starts, and zips through the various email f...

test #22
sorry ...

TEST DRIVE removal #2
i don't even recall installing TESt DRive. but i did. Now i want to get rid of it. But i've already installed my full MS office? How can i remove test drive w/o having to reinstall my Office SW? Thanks! ...

Company Logo Disappears from HTML Email
8o Here is something strange. I have a problem with my Company logo disappearing upon sending out emails through an HTML format. I have several other employees who have the same issue. If the receiving party views them, it is displayed with a red X. In my sent box it is the same way. I have verified my settings in Outlook on the Automatic Download picture settings, and all others with same issue. It is all opened. Any ideas what could be killing it? Any suggestions? ...

Problem copying data to a test environement
Hi, I'm trying to create a new test environment from our Production environment. I've used the User export wizard and the redeployment tools But every user in the database still references the old domain user (in the DOMAINName of the systemUserBase table) Is this normal? I tought that by creating a child domain of my domain, the wizard would use my sub-domain wizard. Now some part look to be working but as soon as I try to open a record (account, contact, use, etc) or create a new one, I get the "An error has occured, consult your domain admin..." message... In the ev...

testing for existence of file
Where do I look in MFC for help in testing whether or not a file name (e.g., shirt.wav, shirt.emf) actually exists, before I actually (try to) open it? // Check if file exist BOOL DoFileExist(TCHAR *szFileName) { HANDLE hFindFile; WIN32_FIND_DATA lpFindFileData; if((hFindFile = FindFirstFile (szFileName, &lpFindFileData)) == INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE) { //printf("\nFile Not Found\n"); return FALSE; } FindClose(hFindFile); return TRUE; } "Steve Russell" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message news:%23B0ZLHWwFHA.2064@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Wh...

test the over short betwen OpenAmount
Hello How can i test the over short betwen OpenAmount - Sales.. -ClosingAmout. I will stop the zReport or perform an Error at the closing amount window (F5) some thing like this : if the overshort is greater than 200Euro then i must reenter closing amount. I will use Hooks and my question is wich hookname a must use: PostTransaction. Thanks for your Help Didier You can set a limit on a cashier for the amount they are allowed to be over/short Go to SO Manager / Database / Cashiers / Cashier Properties and set it in here. If you set it the same for everyone then you can restr...

Los Angeles Movers Moving Services Company in California
Los Angeles Movers Moving Services Company in California Free Moving Estimate, Local Movers, Long Distance Moving, Packing Supplies, Storage Rental, Home Moving, Apartment Moving, Office Moving, Commercial Moving, Moving Companies in your area. Furniture Boxes moving Los Angeles call 323-678-2704 GET FREE QUOTES from professional moving companies in your area Licensed & Insurance MC 531644 US DOT 1400507 1. Long Distance Moving -Save on your Move 6 or more movers compete for your move. Sit Back and receive calls from Movers who want to compete for your move. http://www.sunshine-mhs.com [do...