moving/transferring/reclassing GL transactions

I have not used GP for a while but I have been asked to see if there is a way
that GP handles moving/transferring/reclassing posted GL transactions in a
similar way that some ERP systems are able to do.  The company wishes to move
a number of posted GL transactions from one company database to another and
they have the intercompany module.  I would prefer to keep the original
transactional details intact rather than just doing a number of
manually-entered journal entries to transfer the transactions to the new
company.  They do not use the Integration Manager product.  Any ideas?

Thanks
0
emilie (3)

On Oct 3, 6:53 pm, Emilie <Emi...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I have not used GP for a while but I have been asked to see if there is a way
> that GP handles moving/transferring/reclassing posted GL transactions in a
> similar way that some ERP systems are able to do.  The company wishes to move
> a number of posted GL transactions from one company database to another and
> they have the intercompany module.  I would prefer to keep the original
> transactional details intact rather than just doing a number of
> manually-entered journal entries to transfer the transactions to the new
> company.  They do not use the Integration Manager product.  Any ideas?
>
> Thanks

Found the answer, please ignore this request -- thanks!

Delete In-Transit Transactions
We have several In-Transit transactions that were abandoned. Some are in Picked Status and a couple are in shipped status. The system will not let us delete the transactions. It seems ridiculous that there isn't a way to delete it. Can someone offer a solution to this problem. Thank you, Erin Hello Erin - Thank you for using Microsoft Discussion groups. My name is Andy and I will be assisting you today. I understand you have several In-Transit Transactions that weren't transferred completely. You would like to know how to clear these out. It appears the system thinks th...

Slow MTA message transfer to other site
Hi, for a while now, i've been seeing slow message transfers in my MTA (in the X400 connectors) to another exchange site, both servers are 5.5 We have a 256k IP/MPLS connecting our sites. On the server ScanMail is installed, i've tried disabling the AV to see if the overall performance would improve but it did not change. 1st q : is 256k considered a slow link? 2nd : How can I improve the message transfer on those X400 connectors (emails "are not" been backed up in the Private information store) As anybody ever run into this problem, and who did u resolve it. Thank you...

Bank Transfer " Access to CheckBook denied"
I have quite a strange problem. I have a user who is failing to Transfer funds from one CheckBook to another. Under Bank Transfer Entry Window when the user tries to select a CHECK BOOK ID he receives a message that he does not have access to CheckBook. But the funny thing is that the user has been granted access to the CHECK BOOK under CHECK BOOK Acess. And I checked his status in the Check Book table and its set to 1. I have refreshed security permissions for the user under Advanced Security for forms,reports and smarlist for the Cashbook Model. Any ideas where I should start lookin...

Downloaded Transactions will not import
I am running a Win XP machine using Money 2002 (only 2 years behind the times) I have a credit union that when I download transactions into Money it does not give me an option to save the file to disk but rather downloads it and opens it automatically. For some reason it does not transfer into Money. My other credit union gives me the option save it to disk and once it is saved I can open the file and the transactions will be transferred into money. Anybody have any thoughts on this? Thanks in Advance When you say 'opens it automatically', how is it opening it? In Notepad? If s...

Transaction screen resolution got changed one more time!!!!
hi, in one of my POS the Transaction screen resolutions sometimes increments its height with no reason.... After i fixed it do it again few days after.... Is this a common bug or some like that? Thanks Aldo, I've seen it happen before, it doesn't seem to be too common and don't know what the cause is. The only solution I've found is to always log in as an Limited User instead of an Admin. The Limited User cannot change the setting and make it stick, without a lot of work. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other ...

Files and Settings Transfer Wizard #2
Hello, I recently did a clean install on my parents computer, which is part of my annual maintenance routine. I have used the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard several times on several machines to successfully restore data after this procedure. Unfortunately, when I did this on my parents machine, it lost all data in Outlook 2003 - contacts, emails, account settings, everything. It attempted to restore some settings in Outlook Express, but without any success. Once I reinstalled the OS and all the apps, I ran Windows Update and installed every hotfix, which gave me an identical environment ...

move files and folers option
I had to perform recovery on my computer and after doing so, when I right click on a file or folder the option to move or copy to is gone. I cannot move files or folders from another location. Also cannot transfer from cd or flash drive to computer. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me! On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 13:56:01 -0800, B.J. <BJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I had to perform recovery What does "perform recovery" mean? Exactly how did you do this? > on my computer and after doing so, when I right > click on a file or folder ...

How can I move an investment to a different account?
I have a few accounts in my portfolio; each has a number of investments (no investment appears in more than one account). I want to move an investment (all the buys, sells, dividends etc. for a stock or fund) from one account to another. In 2004 I was able to do this by opening the account online and simply dragging the investment from one account to the other. Now, the only way I find to accomplish the task is to laboriously edit each transaction within the investment. There has to be a simple way to move the entire investment from one account to another. Any thoughts? You want there ...

Keyboard Shortcut for moving between Worksheets
Is there a keyboard shortcut for moving between worksheets (within the same workbook)? I am constantly going between my keyboard and mouse for this functions.... Thanks, Mike Mike, ctrl+ page up and page down -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "mjcoco" <mjcoco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:718956B2-44CD-4578-B95E-91C162D18A99@microsoft.com... > Is there a keyboard shortcut for mov...

can't move workbook down
The top of my workbook (with the title bar)is hidden underneath the top of the "excel" window. I tried using Alt+ space to bring up the move dialogue box, but that only will move the excel window, leaving the title bar of the workbook still unaccessable. Is there any way to move the workbook window w/o the mouse? thanks. what happens if you do windows ?arrange -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "JayD" <scatman@jazzy.org> wrote in message news:1118758939.360335.110880@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > The top of my workbook (with the title b...

Moving Exchange from one server to another #2
I have a Exchange 5.5 server in Domain1 named Company1. A new server with Exchange 2000 on Domain2 needs to get the Pub & Priv .edb files from Cmpany 1. Both domain servers are Win 2K but the company name is different for Domain2 server. I used eseutil and isinteg, but Domain2 won't mount the .edb files because of wrong company naming. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Doug Sanders On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 04:12:51 GMT, "Doug Sanders" <Doug6@earthlink.net> wrote: >I have a Exchange 5.5 server in Domain1 named Company1. A new server with >Exchange 2000 ...

transfer #2
I have a new machine with xp on it. I bought Money 2004 (and of course did not register the software). Now I need to get my 2004 on the new machine. I have 2004 on my old machine (bought online at Amazon, no CD). How to get it onto the new machine???? Thanks. With no CD, it'll be hard. Do you have to original downloaded install file? "Cliff" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1508901c419c5$243dd420$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have a new machine with xp on it. I bought Money 2004 > (and of course did not register the software). Now I &g...

Sheet moves at print time, loos fine at preview
When I preview the spread sheet the vertical relationship between the spreadsheet and the header looks fine, no space, but after I print it there is extra space between the header and the spreadsheet. What causes this? What am doing wrong? Thanks, Erich Check your left margin to see if all the row numbers are sequential. You may have accidentally decreased the row height on row 2 and yo can't see the space in print preview, but it's there when you print. If that's the case, select the whole row, right click and select Ro Height to adjust the height -- DataCollecto ---------...

Changing a transaction to be in Foreign currency
I am having problems with my investment accounts. My base currency is canadian. However when I do a transaction in a security that is based in the US, MS Money assumes that the price entered is in C$. Hence the purchase/sale price is not reconciling with my statements adn I show a lower/higher cost in Portfolio Manager FYI The security is shown to be in US in the security details. In microsoft.public.money, VUSA2006 wrote: >I am having problems with my investment accounts. My base currency is >canadian. However when I do a transaction in a security that is based in the >US, M...

Exc 2k
Hi, I was wondering if the operation below would be reasonnable ": Install a new brand new exchange server restore from another server the Mailbox Store Update through LPAD the AD to reflect the changes Seems to be working on some users in test lab. but in prod ? Thanks, Chris ...

Transfer to a New Brokerage (Investment) Account
Hey All, I am in the process of moving all of my accounts from a small private firm to Fidelity. Obviously the small guys don't do on-line anything, so I have been entering stuff for years on my own. How do I go about transferring everything into the new Fidelity accounts since it uses on-line updates without losing my historical data; basically, I don't want my capital gains report to get messed up by using the "Transfer Account" function. Any ideas? -David ...

Move Partial Data from One Column to Another
I am looking for a way to take 5000 lines of data in Excel and take th last 6 digits of the data and move it into another column. For Example: Take the last 6 digits and move to next column Data 1 Data 2 435490870985430984 | 430984 234083209842309820 | 309820 432958739287193872 | 193872 542389034098430945 | 430945 With over 5000 lines to move I need an automated process so that i does not need to be done manually, any help or ideas would be greatl appreciated -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Are the numbers of the same length (...

Moving SSIS 2005 packages from test to prod.
Hi, in the near future we will be implementing a test environment for our SSIS packages. We would like to be able to minimize the amount of code changes that take place when doing the move from test to production. Is there any funtionality within SSIS 2005 to search and replace the server name and database for an entire package? Or is there a way to parameterize the server name and database so that we just only change the value of the parameter? -- Thanks! - Jim On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 14:11:16 -0700, jam772 <jam772@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, in ...

File Transfer Manager problems
Why do we have to be forced to use this awful File Transfer Manager to get Service Packs? I've been trying to download a service pack from Customer Source for a past couple of days. Microsoft says that firewall/proxy is blocking the download. Our very competent firewall/proxy people are struggling with this one. And mind you our firewall is not that restrictive - I can download files from many sources and have not had a problem with a site that would be blocked. Why not keep things simple? Mario Madej ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft resp...

Money 2002
Hi there, I'm running Money 2002 and am trying to record a 1 for 5 share transaction - can anyone please help? Go to Portfolio. R-click (or context menu key) on a holding of that Investment. Select Split Shares... Enter 1 for 5. At least I think this is the route in M04. I've not used it for three years. "nyalabead" <nyalabead@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E417B8F4-028C-4AA9-9FF4-9136610957B6@microsoft.com... > I'm running Money 2002 and am trying to record a 1 for 5 share > transaction - > can anyone please help? ...

delete open inventory transfer
What sql command would you use to delete only OPEN inventory transfer in HQ, but not effect closed or partial transfer? Thanks Dave HI DCR, run the below query to accomplish your task. delete from purchaseorderentrydetail where purchaseorderentryid in (select id from purchaseorderentry where purchaseorderid in (select id from purchaseorder where POType between 2 AND 5 and status=0)) delete from purchaseorderentry where purchaseorderid in (select id from purchaseorder where POType between 2 AND 5 and status=0) delete from purchaseorder where POType between 2 AND 5 and status=0 I also ...

Move mailbox problem #2
Hi We are moving mailboxes from a 5.5 server to 2003. Most are fine. We have one mb whose contents have been moved but any empty mb with the same name was left on the old server. Over the weekend new mail went to the old mailbox. The user can use both mailboxes by changing their outlook profile. They are happy to lose the 'weekend' mail fomr the old mb. Can I just delete it or should I do something else? Cheers Mike "Mike Varley" <mike@notdisclosed!!.com> wrote: >Hi > >We are moving mailboxes from a 5.5 server to 2003. Most are fine. We have >one mb w...

emails being moved to Badmail
Server is Exchange 2000 SP3. One of our mailboxes is having all of the mail sent to it being delivered to the Badmail directory. What's weird is if you have the mailbox open in Outlook, you can see it hits the inbox, then a few seconds later it disappears. Message tracking shows it hits the Categorizer, then gets thrown to Badmail. With Diagnostics Logging turned on, I see Event ID 350 from the Exchange Store Driver: Function HrGetBinary( ... IMMPID_EMP_ORIGINAL_P1_RECIPIENT_LIST ...) failed with error 800300fd when setting original envelope recipients on messsage . Earlier postings i...

Transactions By Category Report Bug (Money 2005)
All, I'm experiencing a problem that I can't seem to work around and I hope somebody can help me out. I ran the transaction by category report and selected category A. I then went to the category setup screen and moved category A into B. I then went back to the transactions by category report and this time it won't open. Instead, it acts like it's going to open, but then immediately reverts back to the report menu screen. I'm pretty sure it's doing that because the last selected category the report ran was for category A and that category doesn't exist anymore...