Hello:

A client says that someone imported data about a year or two ago into Great
Plains from their AS400.

Many payables documents that were imported should have been coded during the
import as open, instead of history.  The client knows that she can take care
of this herself within two hours, by simply turning off the posting to the GL
and entering and posting the payables documents to move them to history.

But, she is wondering if there is a quick and easy way to do this on the
back-end.

I'm familiar with the open and history payables tables within GP.  And, I
know through a TK document that Microsoft does not recommend importing data
into history tables.  Perhaps, that's why the person who imported this data
did not do so himself in the first place.

But, is there a tool out there that will accomplish this?  Or, is it easier
to do this in SQL than I think?

Thanks!

childofthe1980s

Posting vouchers is not the way to move them to history. Applying credit
documents, be they payments or credit memos, is the way to move them to
history.

When the data was imported, were payments and invoices imported? If so, you
only need to apply the payments to the invoices to move both transactions to
history.

--
Charles Allen, MVP

"childofthe1980s" wrote:

> Hello:
>
> A client says that someone imported data about a year or two ago into Great
> Plains from their AS400.
>
> Many payables documents that were imported should have been coded during the
> import as open, instead of history.  The client knows that she can take care
> of this herself within two hours, by simply turning off the posting to the GL
> and entering and posting the payables documents to move them to history.
>
> But, she is wondering if there is a quick and easy way to do this on the
> back-end.
>
> I'm familiar with the open and history payables tables within GP.  And, I
> know through a TK document that Microsoft does not recommend importing data
> into history tables.  Perhaps, that's why the person who imported this data
> did not do so himself in the first place.
>
> But, is there a tool out there that will accomplish this?  Or, is it easier
> to do this in SQL than I think?
>
> Thanks!
>
> childofthe1980s
0
callen (2505)
4/27/2007 3:00:02 AM
My guess is she meant "work" transactions. Wonder why they've been there for
two years??????????????
In any case don't hack it in SQL. Just push them on thru the application as
its designed and manage your posting settings.
Probably going to pooch the Vendor Summary tables........
Santa

"childofthe1980s" wrote:

> Hello:
>
> A client says that someone imported data about a year or two ago into Great
> Plains from their AS400.
>
> Many payables documents that were imported should have been coded during the
> import as open, instead of history.  The client knows that she can take care
> of this herself within two hours, by simply turning off the posting to the GL
> and entering and posting the payables documents to move them to history.
>
> But, she is wondering if there is a quick and easy way to do this on the
> back-end.
>
> I'm familiar with the open and history payables tables within GP.  And, I
> know through a TK document that Microsoft does not recommend importing data
> into history tables.  Perhaps, that's why the person who imported this data
> did not do so himself in the first place.
>
> But, is there a tool out there that will accomplish this?  Or, is it easier
> to do this in SQL than I think?
>
> Thanks!
>
> childofthe1980s
0
Santa1 (57)
4/27/2007 2:58:00 PM
Charles:

I appreciate your response.  Thank you, as always!

But, with respect, I'm aware of how to move documents to history through
basic payables procedures.  I re-read my question, and I don't see where I
insinuated that the simple posting of vouchers moves documents to history.
Just "keeping it real"...

Again, thank you!

childofthe1980s

"Charles Allen" wrote:

> Posting vouchers is not the way to move them to history. Applying credit
> documents, be they payments or credit memos, is the way to move them to
> history.
>
> When the data was imported, were payments and invoices imported? If so, you
> only need to apply the payments to the invoices to move both transactions to
> history.
>

> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "childofthe1980s" wrote:
>
> > Hello:
> >
> > A client says that someone imported data about a year or two ago into Great
> > Plains from their AS400.
> >
> > Many payables documents that were imported should have been coded during the
> > import as open, instead of history.  The client knows that she can take care
> > of this herself within two hours, by simply turning off the posting to the GL
> > and entering and posting the payables documents to move them to history.
> >
> > But, she is wondering if there is a quick and easy way to do this on the
> > back-end.
> >
> > I'm familiar with the open and history payables tables within GP.  And, I
> > know through a TK document that Microsoft does not recommend importing data
> > into history tables.  Perhaps, that's why the person who imported this data
> > did not do so himself in the first place.
> >
> > But, is there a tool out there that will accomplish this?  Or, is it easier
> > to do this in SQL than I think?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > childofthe1980s
I was basing my response on this sentence:

The client knows that she can take care of this herself within two hours, by
simply turning off the posting to the GL and entering and posting the
payables documents to move them to history.

What does "posting the payables documents to move them to history" mean
outside of the words written?

I'm confused by the statement about coding to open versus history.

You should always import as unposted (WORK) transactions and post them
through GP.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"childofthe1980s" wrote:

> Charles:
>
> I appreciate your response.  Thank you, as always!
>
> But, with respect, I'm aware of how to move documents to history through
> basic payables procedures.  I re-read my question, and I don't see where I
> insinuated that the simple posting of vouchers moves documents to history.
> Just "keeping it real"...
>
> Again, thank you!
>
> childofthe1980s
>
> "Charles Allen" wrote:
>
> > Posting vouchers is not the way to move them to history. Applying credit
> > documents, be they payments or credit memos, is the way to move them to
> > history.
> >
> > When the data was imported, were payments and invoices imported? If so, you
> > only need to apply the payments to the invoices to move both transactions to
> > history.
> >

> > --
> > Charles Allen, MVP
> >

> > "childofthe1980s" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello:
> > >
> > > A client says that someone imported data about a year or two ago into Great
> > > Plains from their AS400.
> > >
> > > Many payables documents that were imported should have been coded during the
> > > import as open, instead of history.  The client knows that she can take care
> > > of this herself within two hours, by simply turning off the posting to the GL
> > > and entering and posting the payables documents to move them to history.
> > >
> > > But, she is wondering if there is a quick and easy way to do this on the
> > > back-end.
> > >
> > > I'm familiar with the open and history payables tables within GP.  And, I
> > > know through a TK document that Microsoft does not recommend importing data
> > > into history tables.  Perhaps, that's why the person who imported this data
> > > did not do so himself in the first place.
> > >
> > > But, is there a tool out there that will accomplish this?  Or, is it easier
> > > to do this in SQL than I think?
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > >
> > > childofthe1980s
0
callen (2505)

open two different Access reports

opening .pst archives

Excel Opens Without Displaying Workbook

opening a .docx with word 2004

Customer check data

Effectively stoping open relay.
I have a client who started using exchange 2003 few days back. This client is having more than 12 subnets starting from 172.27.50.0, 172.16.0.0 to 172.27.0.0 and 10.172.172.0 & 10.172.173.0 subnets in different location in town which are conneted by DSL. This users are connecting to the Exchange server 172.16.5.25. Most of these users are POP3 users. I have 2 SMTP Virtual Server running. Default SMTP Virtual server 172.16.5.25 and the second for Externel. In the Mail connector I have added only the external as the local bridgehead server. In the relay properties of the internal I...

Macro to seperate data

Need HELP! for Linking data

Macro

macros entering data