Move Great Plains 6.0 to a new server

I currently have Great Plains 6.0, Great Plains Integration Manager
6.03, Integration Assistant for Excel, and FRx Finacial Reporting 6.0
installed on a Windows NT 4.0 sp6 server with Pervasive SQL 2000i sp4. I
want to move this installation to a new Windows 2003 server. I have
already installed Pervasive SQL on the new server. What needs to be done
to transfer this installation to a new server? What .dat
files/directories need to be copied over?  I have been told that the
dex.ini file on the client needs to modified so the client can locate
the new server. Is this correct or is there addtional tasks to be
preformed on the client?
Also I have heard I need to use a feature in Great Plains called
Location Translation, can you please explain this in further detail.

We will be implementing Axapta within 8 months so I do want to upgrade
to a later version of Great Plains or switch to MSSQL at this time. My
primary concern right now is being able to decomission the NT 4.0 server.

Thanks,

Jeff

Please remove no_spam_ from email address.
0
jregehr (1)

Jeff,

Did you receive any information on GP 6.0 and Windows
2003? We are also planning on moving our 6.0 on Windows
2003 server.

If you have, pls. forward any info that you can.

Thanks,

Noel

0
nkasiban (1)
10/12/2004 1:56:52 PM
There are articles in CustomerSource or PartnerSource regarding these very
items.

"nkasiban@cma-canada.org" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:1e2201c4b063$53b37fe0$7d02280a@phx.gbl...
> Jeff,
>
> Did you receive any information on GP 6.0 and Windows
> 2003? We are also planning on moving our 6.0 on Windows
> 2003 server.
>
> If you have, pls. forward any info that you can.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Noel

0
callen1071 (408)

formulas and new rows
how do i get excel to automatically add my formula to new rows in a certain column. Excel 2002 -- mango7 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mango7's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29529 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=492306 Hi: I just joined and did not know how to send a new message can someone show me. I have a question on written a formula which someone sent me and want to know how they made the formula This is what they wrote http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SC....

audible click when opening a new window.
I know I should be able to find this somewhere but I can't seem to figure it out. When I open a new folder or window there is a "click" sound that the computer makes. How can I turn this off? Thanks! Amadeus Try: Control Panel-Sounds "Start Navigation" and "Complete Navigation" are the relevant items. ....Alan -- Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows -Internet Explorer http://dts-l.com/index.htm On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 13:56:27 -0700, in microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics, Amadeus <Amadeus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I kno...

Using Exchange Server 2003 with POP3 account of ISP
Hi! I am running a Windows server 2003 and an Exchange server 2003. I would like to configure my exchange server to send and recieve internet email by using my ISP's POP3 account. How can i accomplish it. Also Please tell me if i would need seperate POP3 accounts with my ISP for every mailbox enabled recepient in my Exchange Organization or I could use one POP3 account to recieve all emails. I want to configure my server to use a dial up connection to the internet. Thanx in Advance. Manu Singhal Hi, I think you have to establish a connector to your ISP mailserver. Open the exch...

Having problems accessing external network SMTP servers on port 25
Hi Guys, Just installed Windows Small Business Server 2008 Standard, with Service Pack 2. Now trying to get Exchange Server 2007 to send external emails to my ISPs smart host. The SBS machine has IP:192.168.1.220, I have a ADSL router at IP:192.168.1.1 and a test client running XP Pro at IP:192.168.1.89 I have temporarily disabled the Firewall in SBS 2008. So; if I do; telnet 80.168.45.10 25 from the XP machine I get this; 220 relay.clara.net ESMTP [relay05] telnet 192.168.1.220 25 from the XP machine I get this; 220 FACTORYSRV.nsl.local Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service re...

Messagebox default reply for WinCE 6.0 R2
Hi, I have a short question regarding WinCE6.0 R2: Is there such a thing similar to the "messagebox default reply" registry setting exisiting in XP embedded? Described e.g. here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms940850(WinEmbedded.5).aspx or here: http://www.ms-emb.com/stone/?p=116 Or is there a way to avoid completely that messageboxes from the OS can pop up - e.g. if an application has crashed I see a message box with "XYZ has encounered an error and must be closed" - Can this behaviour be completely disabled? Best Regards and thanks in a...

NDR Status Code 6.4.1
Hi...I'm new to this group, but we are running up against a problem with a front-end exchange server that has just been implemented. Since this server has been installed, the error log is filling up with NDR 6.4.1 error messages and those select email are NOT getting delivered properly even though other email comes through fine. Best we can tell in house, this error code is indicating that we might not have a setting correct on the front-end exchange server to allow 8-bit MIME types to get through. Are there any suggestions on what might be occurring. Are there default settings ...

Error Installing SQL jobs during installation of CRM 4.0 trail ver
While trying to install SQL jobs during installation of CRM 4.0 trail version i get an error message. Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.InstallConfigDatabaseAction failed. Invalid user name.Failed to validate username for given domain.only existing domain usernames and email addresses are allowed Invalid user name.Failed to validate username for given domain.only existing domain usernames and email addresses are allowed can anyone help me solve out this issue ? ...

Using Outlook 2000...need help moving mail
We have a Micosoft Mail postoffice that we use to handle internal mail. Now we have someone at the company who has a Palm Treo 700w smartphone. He needs to get his internal and external mail. Our external mail is a POP3 server, hosted by someone else, and this person can get email sent to his internet email address. We need a way to automatically forward the mail from the MsMail postoffice to the internet email address so we don't have to have everyone at the company forced to use his external address manually. ...

How to connect existing calendar/contacts to new Outlook profile
My old Outlook profile was from Outlook 2002 (which has a limit to the size of the data file, which I was exceeding). When I exceeded the limit it would not allow me to send/receive email. Now I have Outlook 2003, but I was having the same problem. So I created a new profile & imported the data from my old pst file. However, it did not bring over my contacts or calendar items. How can I get these into my new profile? I can see them in my Outlook if I also open my old pst data file, but when I try to sync my cell phone, it syncs the new calendar/contacts which is empty. Altern...

Urgent
Hi, We're migrating the end-user reporting from MS Access to SQL Server. However, we face a problem that our users have built a very large no. of queries/reports on MS Access. We expect it would take months to migrate to the new platform. We anticipate at the changeover time, some queries are still not yet migrated. So, we need to have a method to stop user from buiding new queries in MS Access but allowing use of existing ones. Now, they are using ODBC accont to connect from MS Access to Oracle database. And, each time they run /build a query, they would need t...

Move CRM 3.0 from default web site to virtual directory
Hi, I would like to move the current CRM 3.0 installation from the default website to a virtual directory. Is this possible? I would like to be able to access the CRM system by using http://portal.mycompany.com/crm. The reason is that I would like to install a certificate for portal.mycompany.com. There are a few other apps that I would like to publish on this server and then I will only need one certificate. The second app would be accessible through http://portal.mycompany.com/app2. Any help would be appreciated. Regards, Ren=E9 ...

Importing from Filemaker Pro 5.0
I am in the process of converting a Filemaker Pro=20 database to Excel 2000. When I export a field in=20 Filemaker with hard returns in it, the result is this=20 little "arrow symbol" (see 4 examples below). =20 Plate of ocean water=0BPlate of HELO=0BBG Plate of Sky=0B (Note: Possible Night Sky Backing)=0B I can't do a Find/Replace because Excel doesn't recognize=20 this symbol. Any clues how to easily delete them, and=20 insert a hard return instead within one cell(alt/enter)? =20 I tried exporting to html first and then converting to=20 excel, but it created a new row...

Open a new sheet?
How can I get Excel to automatically open a new sheet in the sam workbook using the exact same sreadsheet that I have created wit formulas and all.? In doing that, I want excel to take the value i each sheet of cell A3 and automatically put it into cell A1 of the ne sheet. Thanks in advance. Mile -- mcr ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mcr1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1549 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27674 Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfu...

New emails show beyond next month date
Hi guys As of yesterday, my new emails are showing a date of from 4 August 2010 and today they started showing a date of 9 August 2010. This is hapening to a few clients of my clients as well and Im not sure what is causing it. All the email acounts are on POP and I have checked the system date on all the machines affected and all the machines have the correct dates on them. What could be causing this? -- Poodle Did you check the date on the actual mail server? "Poodle" <Poodle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F58EDFCC-0503-410B-AA9B-27AC...

Migrate from Mas 90 to GP 8.0
We have a few companies that are running Mas 90 and we would like to migrate these companies to GP 8.0. Does anyone know of a Migration Tool? If so, the cost???? Thank You! ...

Sending "xexch50" to an external server
My client's Exchange server has started sending this command to my server, for which mine requires authentication, and so now none of my clients emails can get to me. My clients techo's of course say the fault is at my end - but I doubt it. My understanding is that command should only ever be sent to internal server. Can anyone assist in finding a cause, and resolution? I've searched the web, but not found a lot to help. Cheers, Dino Does this help? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843106 On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 08:57:49 +1300, "Dean Cleaver&qu...

cannot create appointment after upgrading from 3.0 to 4.0
We just upgrade to 4.0. I did lot of test and today I told my employe to start using it. During my test I miss somthing. Now everytime time we try to create an appointment, we receive this error message : Error An error has occurred Try this action. If the problem continues, check the microsoft dynamics crm community for solutions or contact your organization's microsoft dynamics CRM Administrator. Finally, you can contact microsoft support. I remember in our CRM 3.0, we did 1 and only 1 customization. It was to change the default duration of an appointement or a task. I am...

Moving Folder
With Outlook 2003, I cannot move a folder to a different mail box using the shortcut menu. Outlook open a messagebox talking about cannot copy this folder because it might contain private item. I have to drag the folder to be able to move it. Outlook 2000 work OK. Is there any patch to fix that 2003 problem? ...

CRM 4.0 Upgrade Installation - CRM Database
I am attempting to perform an upgrade from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0. My CRM Server is on SERVER01 My CRM Database Server is on SERVER02 My Reporting Services Database Server is on SERVER03 I get to the point where it is validating the install. When it comes to the Microsoft CRM Database, I get an alert that says "Device Not Ready" and it hangs. I checked the event log, and I see the following error message: Failed to connect to server. Error: 0x800401F0 Does anyone have any ideas about this error? It turned out to be a security issue because the domain account was not in the ...

Importing Crystal Reports in Great Plains #2
Is it possible to import Crystal reports into Great Plains? ...

Moving Outlook #2
Hopefully this is an easy question: I leaving my job so I's like to basically move all of my Outlook data (Contacts, email, calendar, folder structure, etc...) to my home desktop. I have Outlook at home but have never opened it so it's a blank slate. What's the easiest way to move all the data? It's not as easy as all that! If you're using Outlook at work, there's a good chance that you're connecting to an Exchange Server. If so, all your folders are stored on the server. In that case, you'll need to: 1. Create a PST file. a. Go to "Tools", ...

Using Off-Line Clients with new Customizations
Does anyone have any information availible about the Off-line Client for when a user is working off-line, and an on-line user changes the Customizations Schema. Hence knocking the off-line client Customizations and on-line server Customizations out of synch. I'm presuming that the only way forward is for the off-line user to re-install the off-line Outlook client to re-synch the Customizations, is this correct? Up until then, the Off-Line Client will crash (and hence prevent Outlook running) when connected to the network - is this the experience that anyone out there has seen? -...

Outlook/Exchange on terminal server with cache mode
Hi! I know this is not the best configuration, and im trying to avoid installing and having to go through the tweaking of IMF for exchange, but heres the situation. All the users use outlook directly from a terminal server session. Is there any possable way to get the junk mail filter to work on for the clients that use the TS? Ive used the ORK to do a cutom build and add the cached exchange mode, but when you go into any spam filter option, and gives the cached mode warning,, and even with it set on high, nothing is getting caught. We just want to get something in place untill we get financ...

error trying to export messages from Outlook Express 6
I have a new computer and am trying to move my account and messages from the old computer to the new one. I was able to export/import account settings, but have not been able to move the messages I have stored. I tried to use Export Messages, but received the following error message: --The export could not be performed. --An error occurred while initializing MAPI. Any ideas? Cannot seem to find anything about this in the Knowledge Base. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these new...

Help deploying Windows Service to 64bit Server usinf Visual Studio 2008 Setup Project?
I have a Windows Service I created a while back for our Win2003/2008 32bit Servers, written in Visual Studio 2008, deployed via a VS2k8 Setup Project. Everything works great, installs fine, and runs as it should. There is no platform dependent code, it's all straight-up .Net Framework stuff, so we thought it should deploy to a Win2008 64bit Server just fine. But this seems not to be the case. When I try to install the Service as is on the 64bit machine, the service and associated DLL's are installed to the "C:\Windows\SysWOW64" folder, but when you right cl...