More Item Line Space in Purchase Order Entry

We need more space in the Item Description Line for Purchase Order Entry, we
dont need to customize the item note and include it in the PO document during
te printing.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=93e380f7-2ef6-46b2-9f24-689fbaa1c643&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
Marhoon (28)

More than just a parent item?
Hello, I want to know how I can track something that comes in a case, get's broken down to a carton, and can be sold as just 1 individual? What is the best way to do this? -- Thank You,; Vince Individual item has a parent of the carton item, the carton has a parent of the case item. Always order cases - Individual and Carton items should not have any Restock/Reorder information set. As Cartons are sold, cases are broken. As individuals are sold, cartons are broken. Selling Individuals will NOT break a case however... -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek....

Allow changing of retail price when receiving a purchase order.
Sometimes suppliers change prices, necessitating a rise in retail price to maintain margin. POS Manager should display both the margin and retail price when receiving purchase orders, and allow retail prices to be changed at that point. Currently, unless I am missing something, we must manually call up each item and navigate to the retail price field to update it. Having this all on the PO receiving screen would greatly speed bringing things into inventory while maintaining margin. That helps keep us in business so we can continue being Microsoft customers! Some folks might not want to...

hide grid lines
How can I hide gridlines ONLY for selected areas of a worksheet ? Nope. But you could turn them off and add borders to your favorite areas. (Format|Cells|Border tab). Or maybe kind of... If you apply a fill color to any range, then the grid lines in that area won't be seen. (Fill color of white???) mankoni@gmail.com wrote: > > How can I hide gridlines ONLY for selected areas of a worksheet ? -- Dave Peterson ...

Funny lines along the rows
Occasionally I get a spreadsheet that has some strange arrow like icons along the row areas. When I click these areas, it takes me to a data range. I am not sure what these mean, how they are created. But would like to know. Any help is appreciated Mike Kingsley -- mkingsley ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mkingsley's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=4291 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=480966 Possibly the precedent and/or dependent arrows you get when you choose...

How do you hide/un-hide the grid lines
I have a document that I created and want to hide the grey grid lines, but want to be able to unhide them. How do I do this? Tools > Options... > View > and clear the gridlines checkbox -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201003 "ED" wrote: > I have a document that I created and want to hide the grey grid lines, but > want to be able to unhide them. How do I do this? EXCEL 2007 Page Layout / Page Setup group / click on the arrow in the lower right hand corner / Page Setup should launch / Sheet tab / in here there is a box called Gridlines OR...

Matrix Item #3
When entering a matrix item in rmspos how can I make it put qty of 1 in the qty field? It puts a zero in for the quantity which is fine if you remember to change the qty. Barry The Version we have is 1.3.1011 "Barry L" <barryl@eryanjewelers.com> wrote in message news:e6h9UxHiIHA.3512@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > When entering a matrix item in rmspos how can I make it put qty of 1 in > the qty field? It puts a zero in for the quantity which is fine if you > remember to change the qty. > > Barry > Hi Barry - ideally, you should receive a purchase o...

Protect Sheet after an entry.
I have created a macro that allows users to enter specific info at the beginning with a form. When they click on OK, the sheet is protected but a specific range of cells is unlocked so that they can paste specific data from another program. I want the entire sheet to become protected (or to lock the cells again) as soon as the user pastes this values to a cell. How can I do this? Thanks ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ In a Worksheet_Change event you c...

Item Movement with On Hand & Reorder
Jeff??? Could really use above report. My Outlook Express will only go back to 9-20. Orig posting was in August. Jeff what kind of report is this? -- Let go, Elevate your life Brent Hauver www.sagehealthstore.com "Jeff" <spam@Hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23gm4L$hzEHA.3820@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Robert, > > Find it attached. Copy it into your Reports folder under Store Operations. > > -- > * > "Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:62B4A9E5-51CB-4101-A202-AEF8757BE3B7@microsoft.com... > Jeff??...

macros from command line
Is there a switch that will run a macro in my personal workbook from a command line? Cyberwolf wrote: > Is there a switch that will run a macro in my personal workbook from a > command line? ------------------------ I don't quite understand what you mean by command line within the Excel context? What you can do if you wish, is to create a button for it. Push the button and the macro executes. You can place the button either on a sheet, or up in your tool bar. Bill Cyberwolf wrote: > Is there a switch that will run a macro in my personal workbook from a > command li...

Copy only sub-totals lines
We sub-total a worksheet. Then we want to copy just everything showing on the sheet when you select option #2 from the 1,2,3 series in the select all box. How do we do that? We have tried a Paste Special | Values; however, ALL the data still comes over. What is the trick? TIA! Select the visible table in 2 mode, press F5>special and select visible cells only, copy and paste -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Brenda Hutton" <bhuttoNOSPAM@michigan.gov> wrote in message news:%234tKmd6oDHA.2652@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > We sub-total a worksheet. Then we want to copy just...

Duplicate entry in budget
Hi, after modifying any bill in bills and deposits, It appears twice in budget and can not fix. How to delete the phantom bill? On 2005-06-06, Adrian Guinsburg <amgNSns@bigfoot.com> wrote: > Hi, after modifying any bill in bills and deposits, It appears twice in > budget and can not fix. > How to delete the phantom bill? I have had this problem for several years, and I've never figured out how to get rid of it. I've also reported it to Microsoft for M02, M03 and M04. I tested this problem in M05 also. It's not been fixed. This is one of those things that I...

Customizing tab order
Excel 2003 on XP Pro I have a worksheet that functions as a recipie design form. The logical groupings of unprotected cells on the worksheet do not correspond to Excel's tab order. Is there a way to capture "tabbing" out of a cell (as opposed to "clicking" out of a cell) so that I can use Range("addr").Activate (or some other method) to specify where to go next? I considered the WorkSheet_Change event, but quickly realized that only fires if the cell is actually changed. -- Clif Hi Clif You can use the Worksheet_SelectionChange event, just notic...

Purchase Order Create Error
I am using Store Operations Manager version 1.2.0154 on Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2 and all posted hot-fixes. When creating a new Purchase Order, I am selecting: 1) Generate based on re-order information 2) Only items in the selected departments (and selecting one department) 3) Order from the primary supplier And then I click on OK. I am then receiving an error message: Store Operations Business Rules Error #-2147217833 The statement has been terminated. (Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server) (SQL State: 01000) (NativeError: 36...

Journal Entry List will not print
For Outlook 2002 - I'm not sure what I am doing wrong but each time I try to print or preview my journal view, I end up with this popup note "You cannot preview message headers until they are downloaded". I have tried searching knowledge base FAQs to no success. What does this message mean??? I can print or preview a single entry but not my custom view of entries. -- MLM Please supply the steps you're using to try to print. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers ...

shortcut to other Outlook item within a task doesn't open
When I insert an Outlook item as a shortcut into a task item, the context-menu shows an inactive "Open Message-Object" menu item. Therefore, it is not possible to open the linked message. It doesn't matter, if this shortcut is pointing to a calendar item, a mail message or anything else. Within a task, none of them are working. When the shortcut is placed on any other Outlook item, it is working just fine. Any help would be appreciated. Tom ...

address book entry shows up in Word
When I begin typing a letter and for instance type the word "will", an address book entry for someone's name "Will" shows up in a yellow box on the document. It seems like the address book in Entourage is tied in with Word and I don't want it that way. How do I get rid of this connection? Word doesn't do this at home! Judy Launch Word, and then, go to Tools -> AutoCorrect. Click the "AutoText" tab, and check the option to "Exclude Contacts". Click OK. On 12/16/03 10:50 AM, in article 00a101c3c3f4$bd1a7490$a301280a@phx.gbl, &quo...

Change Line Width based on formula
Is it possible to change the line width (or color) based on a if-then statment? For example: if the value of one line if hitting new lows for the day but the value of another line is not hitting new lows for the day is it possible to change the width or color of the first line because this condiition is false? Thanks! Hi, This example demonstrates how to change the line above and below a datum. http://www.andypope.info/charts/conditionalline.htm It gets more complex if you do not want the datum line, which is masking the fact that the other 2 lines are still continuous. Without the dat...

Line Break on a specific character
Hi, How can I insert a line break after a specific character (in this cas after a comma ,)? Let me stress that I don't have data in this cell for the moment, bu it is used to be exported to Word, thus the cell value is unknown so can't use the Data/Text to Columns option.... :confused: Cheers -- Ekse ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Ekser's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1140 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27770 I think we will need more information. Wher...

Open Purchase Order Inquiry
I am building a SQL statement that looks at PO's that have inventory items with a GL account that is different than the GL account on the Inventory Item or Inventory Class. I found 421 items... yikes! But I am trying to figure out a way to narrow this list and only show me open po's... does anyone know what I need to add to my statement in order to get this? SQL STMT: SELECT TOP 100 PERCENT dbo.POP10110.PONUMBER, dbo.POP10110.ITEMNMBR AS PO_ITEM_NUMBER, dbo.IV00101.ITEMNMBR AS INV_ITEM_NUMBER, dbo.POP10110.INVINDX, dbo.IV00101.IVIVINDX FROM ...

Purchase Sales Tax
What is the proper way to set up sales tax for Vendor purchases? Does anyone have the steps needed? I see how to set up a Tax ID and Tax Schedule ... how do you set it up to automatically pull the tax id when an amount is entered through the Enter /Match Invoices screen. I am trying to set it up to show what sales tax we have paid It gets rather complex but we cover this in our Understanding Purchase Order Processing manual. Wish I could post it here but it is about 10 printed pages. We cover capturing paid tax as well as capturing USE tax due. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Con...

Transfer Items Morph Between Stores
We run 4 stores and HQ configuration. Having problems with Inter-store transfers. Store "A" initiates a Transfer out of 3 items with Item Numbers, x, y and z. A Transfer Out Report is created that shows the Item numbers and corresponding descriptions correctly. Store "B" initiates a Transfer In of the 3 Items and creates a Transfer Received Report. Items x, y and z are now three totally different Item numbers, but the Description is still correct. Possible initiating factor was that someone in HQ inadvertantly issued a stype 101 worksheet to Store "A" befo...

Generic Description doesnot integrate into items
Hello all, We have been integrating items into Great Plains without any problems. Since we upgraded to Version 8, when the integration runs all of the fields get integrated except the Generic Description. We did not have any problem when we were using the previous version. Has anyone else experienced this problem or have a solution to get around this. Thanks -- Srini Check to see if the class your importing the items into has that field blank. Sometimes when importing into classes and allowing the defaults to come in from that class it will override what you have set to import be...

How do I alphabetize each line in a document ?
i have a "movie list" in my file. I need to know how to place these movies in alphabetical order so I can print them out later. If each "line" is a separate paragraph, then just Ctrl+A to Select All, then choose Table | Sort (in Word 2003 or earlier) or click the Sort button on the Home tab in Word 2007. This will alphabetize your list by the first word in each title. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "JimmyBig33" <JimmyBig33@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

Data selection on line chart
I'm collecting data but only want to chart the last 60 points on my line chart. To do this I have to manually update the series value information in the source data. for example: I have 176 rows of data and the chart series value is "=sheet1$b$117:$b$176" if I add a new row I have to change this to "=sheet1$b$118:$b$177". Is there any way to use a variable for this? say LRD is the last row of data could I change this value statement to be "=sheet1$b$(LRD-59):$b$(LRD) so that anytime I add a new row it would update the chart? thanks, Q -- Qiset ----------...

authorizing a sale of an item.
there are items in my store that I want to authorize the sale off. For example if a customer has 10 items that are regular items and one item that I don't want to be sold without my authorization. Instead of training my cashiers which are the items that I don't want to be sold without my authorization I want the RMS not allow the sale of that specific item and ask for an authorization. Can you help? HI Hayk, its again Akber, I belive such thing is not available right now, you are talking about workflow where authorization has passed and then you can move one. but you can do ...