Modifier #3

I am using modifier to update some of the drop down lists for the GP HR
Application.  There are lists where there are not enough current choices and
the current list will not allow any additional information to be added, it
only allows to change the current list.

How can I add to the list?  Is there a way that I can direct this field to a
user-defined list so that the original table will be updated?  Do I have to
create a DUOS and store as an additional field to replace the original
Marital Status field?

An example of this would be for the Marital Status which only allows 3
choices:
Single
Married
N/A
--
Linda

Alas, the values are hard-coded in the Dexterity code. A better choice than
Modifier would be Extender because you could create fields with lookups very
quickly and easily.

Are you looking to add choices like Divorced and Widowed?

Some of the census-type information is tied to reports. If you changed the
choices, the reports would not work.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"LDavis" wrote:

> I am using modifier to update some of the drop down lists for the GP HR
> Application.  There are lists where there are not enough current choices and
> the current list will not allow any additional information to be added, it
> only allows to change the current list.
>
> How can I add to the list?  Is there a way that I can direct this field to a
> user-defined list so that the original table will be updated?  Do I have to
> create a DUOS and store as an additional field to replace the original
> Marital Status field?
>
> An example of this would be for the Marital Status which only allows 3
> choices:
> Single
> Married
> N/A
> --
> Linda
0
callen (2505)
5/30/2008 7:21:00 PM
VBA cannot add to a Modifier added drop down list dynamically.  This is
something that only Dexterity can do.

I have a VBA sample which uses an unsupported method to call Dexterity
Sanscript from VBA and allows a drop down list to be populated dynamically.

If you are interested, please email me using the address below (remove the
online. first) and specify which version (v8, v9, v10) you would like.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

and confers no rights.

"LDavis" <LDavis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using modifier to update some of the drop down lists for the GP HR
> Application.  There are lists where there are not enough current choices
> and
> the current list will not allow any additional information to be added, it
> only allows to change the current list.
>
> How can I add to the list?  Is there a way that I can direct this field to
> user-defined list so that the original table will be updated?  Do I have
> create a DUOS and store as an additional field to replace the original
> Marital Status field?
>
> An example of this would be for the Marital Status which only allows 3
> choices:
> Single
> Married
> N/A
> --
> Linda

0
dmusgrav1 (1325)
5/31/2008 4:45:01 PM
Linda,

Modifier will not allow you to add additional items to a drop-down list,
only Dexterity will do.

However, there is an unsupported method through VBA to execute Dexterity
code. This would allow you to use the Dexterity "add item" statement to add
more values to the drop-down lists you are interested in extending.

Please contact me with the information below specifying your GP version
number and I will submit a sample on how to do this.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"LDavis" wrote:

> I am using modifier to update some of the drop down lists for the GP HR
> Application.  There are lists where there are not enough current choices and
> the current list will not allow any additional information to be added, it
> only allows to change the current list.
>
> How can I add to the list?  Is there a way that I can direct this field to a
> user-defined list so that the original table will be updated?  Do I have to
> create a DUOS and store as an additional field to replace the original
> Marital Status field?
>
> An example of this would be for the Marital Status which only allows 3
> choices:
> Single
> Married
> N/A
> --
> Linda
0
MarianoGomez (3440)

how do i do 3 data validations?
If i have a cell C18 with list values "25-51-91","25-51-82","25-51-54" "25-51-55","25-50-23" a cell c19 with list values"0", "1", "E" and cell C8 values "UA 115180-4, UA 115169-1,UA 115169-5, UA 115163-5H, 3DF-A35-11D-G" and when i select C8= UA 115180-4 ,c18 should be "25-51-91" c19 should be 0 when i select UA 115169-1,UA 115169-5, UA 115163-5H c18 shld be 25-51-82,25-51-54,25-51-55 cell c19 value should be 1 when i select 3DF-A35-11D...

Excel to Word #3
I have just completed a userform with tons of fields. Once submitted it places the data into the worksheet. The worksheet itself has 141 columns of different values. Now I need to have some sort of code that fits into a command button from the toolbox on the actual worksheet to transfer data form each row that has data into a word document. Each row has to be it's own paragraph. Is this possible? A short sample of the data layout: Column Headers: ID Description Total Location Date Coats Labor (hrs) 20 Room Painted $500.00 Living Ro...

Modify Outlook Default Columns for New Folder??
When I create a new folder to store e-mail, one of the default columns is the "Size" column. I prefer not to have this column in my folders. I know I can right click and remove this column. Is there a way to modify my settings so that this column will never appear when I create a new folder in Outlook? Tom View, Arrange by, if Ol2003], Current View, Define views... reset the view (usually Messages) and modify it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Othe...

lists #3
how do I consolidate two lists into one: List 1 Jan name city a Med b NYC c LA List 2 Feb name city d GA e MIS f LA Consolidated name city a Med b NYC c LA d GA e MIS f LA Thanks Copy the second list and paste it below the first? -- Regards Andy Wiggins www.BygSoftware.com Home of "Save and BackUp", "The Excel Auditor" and "Byg Tools for VBA" "Felipe" <faristiz@uncc.edu> wrote in message news:5a7b01c48178$dfedd1a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > how do I consolidate two lists into one: > > List...

Average #3
Excell 2003 I'm trying to average times, in minutes, in a single column. The minutes are the result of a formula to find elapsed times (14:10-14:08 etc). There are 1414 cells in the column with entries in about 80% of the cells. In one of the books I have it says Excell will only average 20 numbers. If this is true, how do I average the column? On a relaterd topic, wehn I try to do MAX for the columns I get a number that I know isn't the MAX for that column. I've got the columns formated for times. What am I doin wrong? Thanks, The 'Bonker -- Its better to remain ...

What version of Excel converts Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheets?
I had a 30-day trial version of Microsoft Office (which I do not know what version it was) and purchased the Student 2003 Office which no longer converts Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheets to the Excel spreadsheet. I'd like to upgrade and do not know which one to purchase. Roberta I don't know if the S&T sku for Excel limits the files to open, but in XL2003 (part of Office 2003 Pro) there is a Lotus 1-2-3 option under File>Open...>Files of type drop-down>Lotus 1-2-3 -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS www.ni...

modify autoformat
How can I modify a predefined AutoFormat template available in Excel 2003? You can change it after it has been applied but you can't modify them so that the next time you use them they will be changed Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Ashoke" wrote: > How can I modify a predefined AutoFormat template available in Excel 2003? ...

Installazione CRM 3.0 Ita for SBS su SBS 2003 Eng
Salve, avrei la necessit=E0 di installare su Small Business Server in inglese la versione del CRM 3.0 per SBS in italiano. Vorrei sapere se ci sono problemi di funzionamento considerando la diversa versione del linguaggio. Grazie ...

Date Modified changed Money 2005
I am not sure what is going on. After I closed the Microsoft money file for the night about 2 hours later I noticed that the time change of when the files was last updated. Example. I ran the Program and money file at 8 pm. I was done by 8:30 pm. but I noticed it chaged the date of last modified to 10 pm. Sould I be worried that someone might be hacking in to my system? how can I tell who last accessed the file and where from? is Microsoft sending updates to my passport acount with out me knowing it? please help me out. Should I be worried? Thank you Mike H Have you a Pocket PC...

the number "3" displays like an exposant
je ne comprend pas pourquoi le chiffre 3 apparait comme un exposant dans mon classeur ...

How to combine text from 3 cells into 1 cell with space and ", bet
How to combine text from 3 cells into 1 cell with space and ", between. Is it a formala I can use? HI Try this =A1&" "&""""&B1&" "&""""&C1, adjust range to your needs HTH John "JOF" <JOF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3BD2A42E-BCB9-4504-8454-727E366E25DD@microsoft.com... > How to combine text from 3 cells into 1 cell with space and ", between. Is > it > a formala I can use? ...

HIDDEN COLUMNS #3
SOMEHOW I'VE HIDDEN COLUMNS A AND B, AND NOW I CAN'T UNHIDE THEM. HELP! Click on the header for column C, highlighting the entire column. Without releasing the mouse, drag until you're over the column of row headers (on my version of Excel, in Office 2003, I see the tool tip change to '3C'). Now you should be able to Format > Column > Unhide. "acp20770" wrote: > SOMEHOW I'VE HIDDEN COLUMNS A AND B, AND NOW I CAN'T UNHIDE THEM. HELP! If you select the sheet then go to window and unhide it will restore the Hidden windows. "acp20770&q...

Modifying Comments
When modifying the comment in the "Reading Pane" it will freeze and gives me the message that the document is locked. Then the screen will blink and Word will then allow me to make a couple of changes before the process starts over. What can I do to keep the document from "locking" while I am working. Sandi If this happens with a particular document, only, that document is probably corrupt. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via NNTP) "Sandi" <Sandi@discussions.m...

Re: Cannot Insert Object #3
Hi all I'm having trouble inserting a .msg outlook file into an Excel workbook, can anyone please advise as to why I'm getting this error. Many thanks Badger -- BadgerMK ------------------------------------------------------------------------ BadgerMK's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31406 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=511014 ...

No Reports in CRM 3.0 Install
Hi everyone, I have been working on installing CRM 3.0 (fresh install) on a Small Business Server and I have been having trouble getting the reporting services to work correctly. I have been able to get the reports section to pull up now but no reports are listed in the grid. All the other functions appear to be working and I can even start to add reports but it puzzles me. Doesn't Microsoft provide sample reports to begin with? Has anyone else had this issue and if so, how do I get the reports to show up? Surely they gave us standard reports with the program?!?!?! Thanks! on ...

Error installing CRM 3
Trying to install CRM on a development server that has just been rebuilt after disk failure and the install runs through until it attempts to grant permissions on the newly created databases. The CRM install is all on this machine i.e. webserver and sql server are the same box. The error message reads Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.GrantDatabaseAccessAction failed. Setup could not complete this action. This might be due to the fact that there are multiple Domain Controllers and they have not replicated nw Microsoft CRM information yet. If this is the case you have several options: ...

Letter Writing Assistant Error #3
When we try and print a letter in the letter writing program we receive a Header Record Delimiters error. It is asking for a field delimiter and a record delimiter. How do we correct this error. This was working correctly a couple weeks ago, and it works correctly on other machine sin the office, any thoughts or suggestions on how to correct this issue? Anybody have any thoughts or suggestions? ...

CRM 3.0 Workflow Monitor is EMPTY!!!!
Hi, I am using CRM 3.0 Workflow Monitor it is showing me in the Summary that I have lots of active and paused processes 28 active / 199 paused of various entity types. However when I go to view the paused, or active (or ALL for that matter), there is nothing even after numerous refreshes, trying next page stuff. Basically it is showing nothing at all on any screen or any tab except Process/Summary. I think something is very BROKEN here. Any help would be appreciated. I have changed the WF Service to be logged in as Administrator and Administrator is part of PrivUserGroup and SQLAc...

Drop down list #3
Is there a command whereby I can create a drop down list in a cell? Data|Validation is pretty easy to use. Debra Dalgleish has lots of notes at: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Hrider wrote: > > Is there a command whereby I can create a drop down list in a cell? -- Dave Peterson ...

Anyone know PBDA Spec 1.3.1 Part 3 License Package Hash Algorithm
I studing Protected Broadcast Driver Architecture (PBDA 1.3.1) Part 3 : WMDRM on PBDA. Who know section 3.14.3 "License Package" License_package_hash uses what hash algorithm ? ...

Winmail.dat #3
I have 5 exchange 2003 servers (combination Standard and Enterprise) and until recently everything had been running fine. Just recently users in the US started getting winmail.dat attachments when our users from Malaysia attach a file to an email. Most users should be using Outlook 2000/xp/2003. Any ideas? Please let me know if you need more info In news:2707A015-E765-4937-A581-2978AF13FDA4@microsoft.com, CK <CK@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I have 5 exchange 2003 servers (combination Standard and Enterprise) > and until recently everything had been running fine. Just ...

Row Height #3
I'm working on this spreadsheet and we are constantly adding more information to these cells in a certain column. After a while when there is a lot of text added into the cell, it begins to not continue wordwrap-ing it anymore, and cuts it off, as well as when choosing AutoFit for cell height, it won't go any bigger than 171.00. Is there anyway to change those settings? If you add alt-enters to force a new line within the cell, then you'll be able to see more text in that cell and the wordwrap should come back. Try adding them every 80-100 characters. Chantel wrote: > &g...

Multiple instances of Outlook #3
MS Office pro 2003 SP2 Situation: One PC multiple users. Normally logged on to PC and network as MainUser. One Outlook-account "MainUser" and 5 accounts "User1" etc. Normally we are logged on to Outlook with the account MainUser. By closing and restarting Outlook we can log on to any other of the accounts. Question: Is it possible to have multiple instances of Outlook open at the same time so we can view both MainUser and e.g. User1?? knut Outlook can only run under one MAPI profile at a time. XP's Quick user switching might allow you to run it multiple tim...

Confusing Docs to Modify Menu
According to the documentation for CWnd::OnInitMenu: "OnInitMenu is only called when a menu is first accessed; OnInitMenu is called only once for each access." Which is it? When a menu is first accessed or once for each access? At any rate, I'd like to dynamically add commands to my application's menu. I tried both OnInitMenu and OnInitMenuPopup. In both cases, my code ended up adding the command each time the menu was displayed and so the added command appeared multiple times. I know I can probably set a flag but isn't there some way to determine when the menu is fir...

Old MS Mail 3.0 support
I am trying to find a way to support the old Microsoft mail postoffice. I have several cusotmers on small local LAn's using this with Outlook 97. If I convert/upgrade them to Office XP it continues to support the MS Mail Postoffice. However, a New install does not have this support. Anyone know how to get Office XP/2003 to support the old Microsoft Mail Postoffice? http://www.poremsky.com/msmail_xp.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted witho...