Modified Reports Fonts

We are running Great Plains 7.5 on Terminal Server 2000 and on client PCs 
running Windows XP Pro.  From a Terminal Server install, user A has been 
printing a modified report (cash requirments) for a couple years with a 
readable font.  Recently we installed GP on her local machine.  Now when she 
prints, the font is somewhat readable but noticably different then the 
terminal server GP.  She is using the same printer and print drivers from 
both locations.  User B prints the same modified report from terminal server 
and from a local install and prints to the same printer as user A, but has 
the same font on the modified report from both installs.  If user B prints 
from user A's PC, then the fonts are different.  

It does look like its a machine issue, not a user issue. I did copy the 
fonts from the terminal server to user A's computer, but that didn't seem to 
work.  Is there a way to find the font of the modified report?  Has anyone 
else had a similar issue?

Thanks in advance!!
0
John1063 (943)
6/26/2006 3:03:03 PM
greatplains 29623 articles. 6 followers. Follow

3 Replies
331 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 38

Is the report a graphical report or a text report?

"John" wrote:

> We are running Great Plains 7.5 on Terminal Server 2000 and on client PCs 
> running Windows XP Pro.  From a Terminal Server install, user A has been 
> printing a modified report (cash requirments) for a couple years with a 
> readable font.  Recently we installed GP on her local machine.  Now when she 
> prints, the font is somewhat readable but noticably different then the 
> terminal server GP.  She is using the same printer and print drivers from 
> both locations.  User B prints the same modified report from terminal server 
> and from a local install and prints to the same printer as user A, but has 
> the same font on the modified report from both installs.  If user B prints 
> from user A's PC, then the fonts are different.  
> 
> It does look like its a machine issue, not a user issue. I did copy the 
> fonts from the terminal server to user A's computer, but that didn't seem to 
> work.  Is there a way to find the font of the modified report?  Has anyone 
> else had a similar issue?
> 
> Thanks in advance!!
0
6/26/2006 3:49:02 PM
Under format options, Text Report is checked.  I'll assume its a text report 
unless you can tell me there's somewhere else that will indicated text or 
graphical.

Thanks,
John

"Sonny Pawchuk" wrote:

> Is the report a graphical report or a text report?
> 
> "John" wrote:
> 
> > We are running Great Plains 7.5 on Terminal Server 2000 and on client PCs 
> > running Windows XP Pro.  From a Terminal Server install, user A has been 
> > printing a modified report (cash requirments) for a couple years with a 
> > readable font.  Recently we installed GP on her local machine.  Now when she 
> > prints, the font is somewhat readable but noticably different then the 
> > terminal server GP.  She is using the same printer and print drivers from 
> > both locations.  User B prints the same modified report from terminal server 
> > and from a local install and prints to the same printer as user A, but has 
> > the same font on the modified report from both installs.  If user B prints 
> > from user A's PC, then the fonts are different.  
> > 
> > It does look like its a machine issue, not a user issue. I did copy the 
> > fonts from the terminal server to user A's computer, but that didn't seem to 
> > work.  Is there a way to find the font of the modified report?  Has anyone 
> > else had a similar issue?
> > 
> > Thanks in advance!!
0
John1063 (943)
6/26/2006 4:11:03 PM
Since it is a text report, you want to check the "Text report Options" 
(beside the format options). The "best text fit" option is probably 
indicated. This option will print the report based on the printer drivers. 
The difference is from the 2000 drivers vs the XP Pro Drivers. You sound like 
an IT guy so I won't go into the whole different OS even though same printer 
speach. If the user is really up in arms, you can print out a couple of 
reports from her XP and then try Terminal Service with her XP printers 
connected (TS option) and printer some reports to her XP connect printer to 
see if reports come out the same. 

:) If it is a read flag type issue you could always load up 2000 on her 
system :)

"John" wrote:

> Under format options, Text Report is checked.  I'll assume its a text report 
> unless you can tell me there's somewhere else that will indicated text or 
> graphical.
> 
> Thanks,
> John
> 
> "Sonny Pawchuk" wrote:
> 
> > Is the report a graphical report or a text report?
> > 
> > "John" wrote:
> > 
> > > We are running Great Plains 7.5 on Terminal Server 2000 and on client PCs 
> > > running Windows XP Pro.  From a Terminal Server install, user A has been 
> > > printing a modified report (cash requirments) for a couple years with a 
> > > readable font.  Recently we installed GP on her local machine.  Now when she 
> > > prints, the font is somewhat readable but noticably different then the 
> > > terminal server GP.  She is using the same printer and print drivers from 
> > > both locations.  User B prints the same modified report from terminal server 
> > > and from a local install and prints to the same printer as user A, but has 
> > > the same font on the modified report from both installs.  If user B prints 
> > > from user A's PC, then the fonts are different.  
> > > 
> > > It does look like its a machine issue, not a user issue. I did copy the 
> > > fonts from the terminal server to user A's computer, but that didn't seem to 
> > > work.  Is there a way to find the font of the modified report?  Has anyone 
> > > else had a similar issue?
> > > 
> > > Thanks in advance!!
0
6/26/2006 4:37:01 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

How to modify UI lables/captions in the existing MS CRM Menu's
Hi I am new to customization of the MS CRM UI. Can anyone guide me as to how to go about customizing the MS CRM UI lables/captions that are there on the various forms. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Amit Reddy Log into CRM with a user that has CRM System Administrator role assigned to it. Go to the Home Page in CRM. Click the Settings tab on the left, then click "System Customization." You will get a list of the different entities in CRM: leads, accounts, cases, contacts, opportunities, etc. Click the entity that you wish to customize. For example, click...

Reports from outlook
When i run a report from my workstation than he always ask for my credentials. When i logon to the server locally with my credentials then it works. The CRM 3.0 and SQL 2005 server are running on the same server. How can I solve the problem that i can run a report from the outlook client? ...

How to modify WM_CHAR before it is received by the application ?
I cannot modify the following WM_CHAR messages, such as On an application widow, there are "Edit" and "Button". When Button is pressed, the following code will be run HWND hwnd=NULL GetDlgItem(IDC_EDIT1,&hwnd) ::PostMessage(hwnd,WM_CHAR,'a',0) The result should be that write "a" on "Edit" In order to change "a" to "b" be4 "Edit" gets the message, I have writen MsgHook.dll, which has a Hook. As hGetMessageHook=SetWindowsHookEx(WH_GETMESSAGE,MsgProc,GetModuleHandle "MsgHook.DLL" ) ...

Font sizes not saving (W2007 opening document originally created in W2003)
Hello, I have a 375 page document originally created in W2003 (or perhaps W2000). It was creeated with a Normal style of TNR 10 pt. Everytime I open it I have to change the font size from 11 pt back to 10 pt. When I modify, the radio button for "Only in this document" is checked but the changes don't keep. I really don't want to change my Normal template for new documents, but I'd like the font size to be retained. Am I missing something simple or do I have to mess with templates? Thanks, CJ This should not be happening unless you have "Automat...

Permissions in AD for ADD/Change/Modify smtp proxy addresses
I have an Accounts Operator group that no longer can add or modify the SMTP Proxy email addresses in user properties. Don't know what happen, but could someone please tell me what specific permissions I need to give them to be able to add/change these addresses in user properties?? Thanks, Dana ...

Date Range on Report in Money 2003
I have a favorite report in Money 2003 which lists scheduled payments within a range of dates. My file was upgraded from Money 2000. I used to have the problem of the report omitting many of the scheduled transactions within the date range. That was fixed by running the Salvage program. Now the problem is the other way around: the report shows transactions BEYOND the date range, as well as those within. Is there a fix for that? I still have the Salvage program. :-) Thanks, Elliott ...

Property Tax Reporting
Hello: The Fixed Assets tutorial on PartnerSource very briefly says that the Location ID in Fixed Asset Management factors into property tax reporting. How so? There are no property tax rates or calculations in Fixed Asset Management. Speaking of reports, it would be nice if Fixed Asset Management had forms of some sort that it could print. What I mean by that is that certain CPA firms use other software such as Thomson Creative Solutions as it prints out the necessary tax forms for the client. Do you think Fixed Asset Management will eventually have this? It would make it more ...

Sales Tax reporting on cash payment
Great Plains only allows us to report Sales Tax at time of invoicing. I would love to see a Sales Tax reporting setup option in which you are asked, how do you report? Time of INvoice or Time of Receipt. This was a feature of RealWorld software that anyone who upgrades to Great Plains has lost this functionality and now has to record their sales tax manually if they pay their sales tax based on when the Receivable Invoice is Paid. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click t...

Omit data based on criteria in reports
I have a report which gives an employee's productivity rating, based on a set standard. This standard depends on what product the employee is running at the time. However, some times the employees run products that do not have standards associated with them (trial products for instance). A daily report tells: Employee Product How much was produced How much was expected (standard) % Expected (How much was produced/How much was expected) When a trial product is run on a given day, the % Expected number is Null (=IIf([How much was expected] = 0, Nul...

cell font color changes
When i change a cell font to grey in Excel why doesn't it print grey when sent to a black printer. it only prints grey if sent to a color printer hi, Because the B/W printer can only print in black. the color printer can print in colors and to the printer gray is just another color. regards Frank >-----Original Message----- >When i change a cell font to grey in Excel why doesn't it print grey when >sent to a black printer. it only prints grey if sent to a color printer >. > Also, some b/w printers offer a "grayscale" option under Print Qualit or the lik...

Mailbox Management Report is blank
I set up a policy to Generate a report of all users Sent and Deleted Items folders. I set the reporting level to Summary as a test and also Detail as a test. Each time I run the Mailbox Maintenancde Process, the email gets sent to the administrator I chose but it is blank. Even on the detail attachment it is blank. The event viewer log shows the correct information that should be on the report, but the email is blank. Any ideas? Does the exchange server need a MAPI client installed like 5.5 needed? You shouldn't install Oultook on your exchange server. I've run into problems wi...

schedule a task to run a report
I need to use the Windows task scheduler to run a report, I can see how to do this if the access file is closed. What if the file is currently open ? regards Trevor -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-gettingstarted/200911/1 Hi Trevor, use a different database for the scheduler task ... link to all your tables, put your report in there and anything else it needs create an AutoExec macro that opens the report (which will automatically print unless you specify otherwise) and then exits Access Warm Regards, ...

Field values used to filter a report
I have a report that is based upon a query that filters the data in a variety of ways. The net result is a listing of Zip Codes that I ultimately use as a part of the data for a report. The contents of this report is limited to the Zip Codes from the query. (Not a true filter) I need to be able to print this list of zip codes in a comma seperated list in the report header. I am sure this can be easily accomplished but for the life of me I cannot figure this out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. There are 2 parts to your question: a) How to provide an interface ...

Products added directly to Opportunity
Why can't I link and display products when they are added directly to an Opportunity? I can do it using Access but not with CRM tools - Reports or Advanced Query. I need a list for a date range of all products sold by Owner. The sales team do not use Orders or Quotes. Our partner said it would work fine to just add the product directly to the Opportunity. Only problem, no reports! Any help greatly appreciated. -- JNech Houston On the left-hand side of the Opportunity screen, there is a section titled 'Products' which lists the Products that are potentially been sold as part ...

Change Font
I'm a SharePoint user. Sometimes when I post data into a SharePoint list field, the text appears in a format that differs from the rest of the data on the page. Sometimes it stays in the source format and sometimes it changes to another font that does not match the other cells on the page. How do I change the field fonts in SharePoint? I can find no command for this. The only place I'm aware of where fonts matter in SP fields are in the so-called "multiple line of text" type of field. There you are allowed to define fonts as it's sort of like a mini-w...

Comparing three separate reports #2
I'm trying to take three separate reports and extract the data that is the same in column a and b. This report will pull the entire line of data based on a and b being the same on all three reports. Example is a financial institution looking for customers by name and account # that appear delinquent for three consecutive months. Ty, Create a new sheet. We will use columns A through C will be used in the process for finding the duplicates, so we'll set those up first. Enter "Table" in cell A1, and enter "Key Value" in cell B1, and enter "Appears in 3&qu...

Free Form Text Box in Report
Hi All, I am running a report that runs from a Make Table Query, and then into a cross tab query. The report is in a Switchboard and runs off of a Macro that opens the make table, updates based off of the dates entered, closes it, opens the cross tab. Closes it. Opens the report in print preview. I need others to run the report with no intervention so I entered a text box (as I have done before) into the header that reads: =[Enter Report Ending Date mm/dd/yyy] to allow for the ending date to appear in the header. However, this is not working. I am recieving the following error &q...

Using cost basis for net worth report
I would like my "Net Worth" report to show my investments on a cost basis (i.e. at the price I bought them), not as their current price. Is there any way I can do that? No. "Kevin Dorrell" <Kevin Dorrell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79127E17-14EF-403D-833A-E0D672C8D929@microsoft.com... >I would like my "Net Worth" report to show my investments on a cost basis > (i.e. at the price I bought them), not as their current price. Is there > any > way I can do that? Oh. That's not very good, is it! Thanks for the rep...

Changing the font of text in a check box
How do I change the font properties in a check box? I would like to have the font bold and a different color. Thanks Irie! Right click the CheckBox, choose properties. Iriemon;575152 Wrote: > How do I change the font properties in a check box? > > I would like to have the font bold and a different color. > > Thanks > > Irie! -- Simon Lloyd Regards, Simon Lloyd 'Microsoft Office Help' (http://www.thecodecage.com) ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Simon Lloyd's Profile: http://www.the...

Printing columnar reports
HelloI am running Access2.In design mode for a report,File | Print Setup | More I change: the no of items across to 1 or 2 if no. items is 1, I check (with "X") same size as detail If I change the item size to other than same as detail I make sure the value is < the width of column 1 the page width is > the width of column 1 I say "OK" for the print setup Preview the report Perfect! But when I go back to run the report from a menu option, the new print settings do not "stick" ie, have not been saved.Pu...

Change Font on Character Count
I have a form from the CBOE. The form is used to give responses by students, but has limited space. This worked in Acces 2.0 and Access 97, now it is no longer working! I count the total number of characters on a page. If the count is in certain ranges then I set the font accordingly. Current Code Dim rprt as Report Set rprt = Me With rprt If Me!TextA > 1400 then .fontsize = 13 End If If Me!TextA > 2100 then .fontsize = 12 End I...

How do I set a pivot table to group quarterly reports by F/Y?
I'm trying to set up a report in Excell using the pivot table function. When I use the "Group Field" function to generate a quarterly report it assigns each quarter according to a calendar year which puts the Jan 2010 data in the 1st QTR and the Oct 2009 data in the 4th Quarter. I want to change this so it begins the 1st QTR in Oct. Is there a way to change the way the pivot table reads and organizes the data? Hi Mark You can aggregate whatever months you want to Quarters manually. Don't use Quarters in the Date Grouping, just use Month Highlight the 3 mon...

Calendar font problem
I have been trying to set up a new year's calendar using Microsoft Publisher's Calendar Wizard, but have run into a problem. I want to use font size 14 for the dates in each date checker board square, but I want to type in some text in font size 6. This hasn't worked like I think it should. I can type in the information with the chosen type and font size, and all looks well, but when I save that page and go on to the next one somethign gets scrambled. When I come back to the original page some of the date font size will have been changed to font size 6 and some of the text font siz...

Total Sales no tally on Z report
Is anyone encounter the problem b4 where the Total Sales below Opening Total is not tally with the Total Sales in Department Sales or Hourly Sales in Z report??the Total Sales in Department Sales and Hourly Sales is always higher than Total Sales Below Opening Total Were there any Returns? That would make the Sales higher than the Totals on the bottom of the Z report. I can't think what would make the Totals always higher than Sales. Can you post a sample Z report? "=?Utf-8?B?TUpheQ==?=" <MJay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:52E40DE6-4FBC-43E7-AEEE-E77E19E5F...

publishing custom reports for MS CRM with Crystal Reports
Hi all, To meet specific reporting requirements I have made several custom reports with Crystal Reports for Microsoft CRM. The reports are stored in the Enterprise folder of our test server. Now I'd like to publish them on our production server. My question is how to do this. Is Report Manager the tool I need on the production server? Thank you for replying, Basman Hi, You can use the Report Manager to deploy the reports to the server. The tool was designed specifically for this task. By standard the tool is only accessible from the same server as it is installed on and not from ...