Modified POP Report prints correctly on all but one workstation

5 user environment on GP 9.0.  All users share same modified reports
dictionary.  Modified blank purchase order has lines between each item.  The
lines print correctly from all workstations except for one. On the
workstation that will not print the lines between the items, it prints
correctly to the screen (with lines shown) but not to the printer.  Same
printer shared between all users.  The only thing I have not checked is
logging in as another user on that workstation to see if the same error
occurs.  I'm at a loss of what to try!  Please help!

Thanks,
Kristi Sampsel

Kristi,
Please check the Dynamics.set file and make sure that Reports dictionary
points to the same directory as all other workstations.
If it is not, change the directory on the workstation, log off from Dynamics
and log back in and then try printing the report again.
--
Marina Dzyura, MBA, MCP
Maximum Global Business, LLC

"Kristi Sampsel" wrote:

> 5 user environment on GP 9.0.  All users share same modified reports
> dictionary.  Modified blank purchase order has lines between each item.  The
> lines print correctly from all workstations except for one. On the
> workstation that will not print the lines between the items, it prints
> correctly to the screen (with lines shown) but not to the printer.  Same
> printer shared between all users.  The only thing I have not checked is
> logging in as another user on that workstation to see if the same error
> occurs.  I'm at a loss of what to try!  Please help!
>
> Thanks,
> Kristi Sampsel
0
mdzyura (5)
2/22/2009 9:53:10 PM
Thanks, Marina.  I did check the launch file under Tools from within GP and
the reports dictionary is pulling from exactly the same place on all
workstations.  However, maybe I just need to copy the Dynamics.set file from
another workstation over to this problem workstation and try that?

Thanks a bunch!
Kristi Sampsel

"Marina Dzyura" wrote:

> Kristi,
> Please check the Dynamics.set file and make sure that Reports dictionary
> points to the same directory as all other workstations.
> If it is not, change the directory on the workstation, log off from Dynamics
> and log back in and then try printing the report again.
> --
> Marina Dzyura, MBA, MCP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "Kristi Sampsel" wrote:
>
> > 5 user environment on GP 9.0.  All users share same modified reports
> > dictionary.  Modified blank purchase order has lines between each item.  The
> > lines print correctly from all workstations except for one. On the
> > workstation that will not print the lines between the items, it prints
> > correctly to the screen (with lines shown) but not to the printer.  Same
> > printer shared between all users.  The only thing I have not checked is
> > logging in as another user on that workstation to see if the same error
> > occurs.  I'm at a loss of what to try!  Please help!
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Kristi Sampsel
Kristi,

Have you compared the printer driver's version on the machine giving you the
problem with that of the other workstations? Are you using Named Printers? Do
all the users share the same printer as well? Some reports may render fine on
one printer vs another. Is the printer in the Dynamics GP Printer
compatibility list?

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Kristi Sampsel" wrote:

> Thanks, Marina.  I did check the launch file under Tools from within GP and
> the reports dictionary is pulling from exactly the same place on all
> workstations.  However, maybe I just need to copy the Dynamics.set file from
> another workstation over to this problem workstation and try that?
>
> Thanks a bunch!
> Kristi Sampsel
>

> "Marina Dzyura" wrote:
>
> > Kristi,
> > Please check the Dynamics.set file and make sure that Reports dictionary
> > points to the same directory as all other workstations.
> > If it is not, change the directory on the workstation, log off from Dynamics
> > and log back in and then try printing the report again.
> > --
> > Marina Dzyura, MBA, MCP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> >

> > "Kristi Sampsel" wrote:
> >
> > > 5 user environment on GP 9.0.  All users share same modified reports
> > > dictionary.  Modified blank purchase order has lines between each item.  The
> > > lines print correctly from all workstations except for one. On the
> > > workstation that will not print the lines between the items, it prints
> > > correctly to the screen (with lines shown) but not to the printer.  Same
> > > printer shared between all users.  The only thing I have not checked is
> > > logging in as another user on that workstation to see if the same error
> > > occurs.  I'm at a loss of what to try!  Please help!
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Kristi Sampsel
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
2/23/2009 3:11:25 PM
Hi Mariano and thank you for the response.  Yes, all users are sharing the
same printer and yes, we are using named printers.  I honestly have not
checked to see if it is on the compatibility list or not - I just know that
all of the other users print to it with no problems.  This user printed to it
with no problems as well until he got a new desktop and we installed GP on
his new computer.   That leads me to believe that it is not a user-id issue
because we did not create a new id for him.

Thanks again everyone for any and all help or suggestions!
Kristi Sampsel

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> Kristi,
>
> Have you compared the printer driver's version on the machine giving you the
> problem with that of the other workstations? Are you using Named Printers? Do
> all the users share the same printer as well? Some reports may render fine on
> one printer vs another. Is the printer in the Dynamics GP Printer
> compatibility list?
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "Kristi Sampsel" wrote:
>

> > Thanks, Marina.  I did check the launch file under Tools from within GP and
> > the reports dictionary is pulling from exactly the same place on all
> > workstations.  However, maybe I just need to copy the Dynamics.set file from
> > another workstation over to this problem workstation and try that?
> >
> > Thanks a bunch!
> > Kristi Sampsel
> >

> > "Marina Dzyura" wrote:
> >
> > > Kristi,
> > > Please check the Dynamics.set file and make sure that Reports dictionary
> > > points to the same directory as all other workstations.
> > > If it is not, change the directory on the workstation, log off from Dynamics
> > > and log back in and then try printing the report again.
> > > --
> > > Marina Dzyura, MBA, MCP
> > > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com

Aha! "Let the truth be known to all mankind"... Ok, so you did have a change
in status quo, and that was the workstation update. My gut feeling tells me
your printer drivers are perhaps not the same between the new workstation and
the others that are printing correctly.

To corroborate this, open the Printers panel on the workstation WITH the
problem, then right-click on the printer and select Properties. On the
General tab, click Print Test Page. Note the driver and version on the
printed test page.

Repeat the above for a workstation NOT experiencing the issues, then compare
the driver versions on both printouts. Post back with your findings.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Kristi Sampsel" wrote:

> Hi Mariano and thank you for the response.  Yes, all users are sharing the
> same printer and yes, we are using named printers.  I honestly have not
> checked to see if it is on the compatibility list or not - I just know that
> all of the other users print to it with no problems.  This user printed to it
> with no problems as well until he got a new desktop and we installed GP on
> his new computer.   That leads me to believe that it is not a user-id issue
> because we did not create a new id for him.
>
> Thanks again everyone for any and all help or suggestions!
> Kristi Sampsel
>
> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>
> > Kristi,
> >
> > Have you compared the printer driver's version on the machine giving you the
> > problem with that of the other workstations? Are you using Named Printers? Do
> > all the users share the same printer as well? Some reports may render fine on
> > one printer vs another. Is the printer in the Dynamics GP Printer
> > compatibility list?
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> > The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com
> >

> > "Kristi Sampsel" wrote:
> >

> > > Thanks, Marina.  I did check the launch file under Tools from within GP and
> > > the reports dictionary is pulling from exactly the same place on all
> > > workstations.  However, maybe I just need to copy the Dynamics.set file from
> > > another workstation over to this problem workstation and try that?
> > >
> > > Thanks a bunch!
> > > Kristi Sampsel

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
2/23/2009 6:47:01 PM
OH!!!  I never even thought of that being an issue!  I will go onsite and
check into that as soon as I can.  Thanks so much for the words of wisdom!!

Kristi

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> Aha! "Let the truth be known to all mankind"... Ok, so you did have a change
> in status quo, and that was the workstation update. My gut feeling tells me
> your printer drivers are perhaps not the same between the new workstation and
> the others that are printing correctly.
>
> To corroborate this, open the Printers panel on the workstation WITH the
> problem, then right-click on the printer and select Properties. On the
> General tab, click Print Test Page. Note the driver and version on the
> printed test page.
>
> Repeat the above for a workstation NOT experiencing the issues, then compare
> the driver versions on both printouts. Post back with your findings.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "Kristi Sampsel" wrote:
>
> > Hi Mariano and thank you for the response.  Yes, all users are sharing the
> > same printer and yes, we are using named printers.  I honestly have not
> > checked to see if it is on the compatibility list or not - I just know that
> > all of the other users print to it with no problems.  This user printed to it
> > with no problems as well until he got a new desktop and we installed GP on
> > his new computer.   That leads me to believe that it is not a user-id issue
> > because we did not create a new id for him.
> >
> > Thanks again everyone for any and all help or suggestions!
> > Kristi Sampsel
> >
> > "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
> >
> > > Kristi,
> > >
> > > Have you compared the printer driver's version on the machine giving you the
> > > problem with that of the other workstations? Are you using Named Printers? Do
> > > all the users share the same printer as well? Some reports may render fine on
> > > one printer vs another. Is the printer in the Dynamics GP Printer
> > > compatibility list?
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > > --
> > > MG.-
> > > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> > > The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com

PO lines dont add up on printed po
Has anyone run across this anomoly? We have two lines on a po. the items are the same at each line, but at different quantity's. The extended amount is correct and the po total shows correctly, but when you print the po, the po total is the second line only, it does not include the amount in the first line. example. Line 1 is $10, Line 2 is $50. On the PO Entry window the PO total is $60. When you print it the PO Total is $50. Both lines have a status of released. We had a similar issue after upgrading to v8. Try unchecking the "Print One Purchase Order per Address" on...

Printing a worksheet in two (or more) columns
Hi, I've got an extremely long spreadsheet table comprising two columns of data. I'd like to print these data in a more compact form - in the same way that the entries are organised in a telephone directory. Say on average my page is 50 rows high - my first two columns on page 1 would appear on the left hand side and be rows 1 through 50, row 51 would continue at the top of the page, but on the right-hand side. Row 101 would appear at the top left hand side of page 2, etc. I'd like to keep the orientation of the columns in portrait (I did find a printer-associ...

Outlook 2007 printing is slow
The President of our company called us up to his office this morning because his Outlook 2007 took 20 seconds to print out an email. He said it was printing fine on Friday. He's using Winxp sp3 with Microsoft Office 2007. The computer is only two months old. We printed to two different printers and that narrowed it down for us that Outlook 2007 had a problem. We ran a Office diagnostic and everything was fine. Word prints fine to both printers. We checked the print drivers and they are up-to-date. We even did a system restore and it still didn't work. The last updates he had were from ...

Try this correction package
--cmmsnunwpw Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="rewxxgfscrv"; type="multipart/alternative" --rewxxgfscrv Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="potqqbkgxfmns" --potqqbkgxfmns Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to protect you...

printing outlook contacts
only "table style" available when printing outlook 2000 sp- 3 (9.0.0.6627) contacts, any attempt to change either "page setup" or "define styles" crashes (blue screen) ibm thinkpad t23 ...

Forward misspelled names to user account if doman is correct.
Is it possible to catch for instance a misspelled name like moike@domain.com that should be mike@domain.com and forward it to another account? It should be able to pick up anything (like *@domain.com) and forward it to joe@domain.com. Thanks in advance. Mike Are you really sure that you want to do this? If so, you can take a look at the methods listed here. http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/08/exchange_catcha.html -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "pakitloss" <pakitloss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24DB863D-49F5-457A-BA47-B7D26F422...

Better reports
I want to see my sales by department, or maybe even by department and then by supplier. I also need to see what i've sold and what i've received. Does anyone have any better reports than what is in rms? Thanks, Dave Dave, We have a fantastic reporting tool. We have a new excel OLAP product that lets you slice and dice your data in Microsoft Excel. You can view sales, po's, current on hand, ect. by departments, suppliers, categories. We have a report that shows current on hand, received to date, outstanding on po's and what you've sold all in one. You can...

Attempting to perform two different sorts on one worksheet.
Great Gurus of VBA, I have a worksheet, which uses the following VBA procedure to sort th data when the last bit of entry occurs in column H. However, when want to print this spreadsheet I need the data to be sorted differentl and I am apprehensive about putting the code for the second sort int the sheet object because I am unsure about how the two might conflic with each other. Can someone give me an idea about how to have thes two different sorting routines work on the same sheet and not mess eac other up. I thought of putting a command button on the sheet to initiat the second sort but.....

Reported error (0X800CC0F) the connection to the server was interrupted
I am receiving this error message on a client workstation, none of the other 4 users on the LAN are receiving this error. They are using Outlook 2002 connected through an ADSL modem. The user still can send and receive e-mails but this error message always appears. Any one have any ideas? Reported error (0X800CC0F) the connection to the server was interrupted Sean For those of you that have been getting "Sending and Receiving reported error .... connection to server was interrupted" as I have, try creating a new HTTP email account, send and receive a couple of messages from that...

Issue printing newsletter that was emailed
I just completed a newsletter targeted at executives within our company. When the document is loaded and I open the Page Setup dialog box, the Layout options are: Publication type: Custom Page Size : Width: 9.5" Height: 44" Orientation: Landscape When I send the newsletter as an email, only the first page will print. Any suggestions how I might correct this problem before sending it out to our executives who will undoubtedly want to print the message. Thank you John Hart That's a really strange size for a newsletter. What size paper are you using to print it on? (I ...

screen prints failing best demonstrated practice
When Outlook messages have screen prints embedded and the email is related and tracked in CRM the screen print does not come over to CRM. I understand this is not supported. But, what are practitioners doing to manage retaining these screen prints as pertinent background for the case. Looking for best practice. ...

Designing a report based on a crosstabe
Hello! Hope someone can help cause this is getting into my nerves... I have a crosstabe that I run with a parameter for "date of sales". Date of Sale is my column and the results are showed per month. So I run the query and set the dates from 01/jan/07 to 31/july/07 and the query returns the 7 months I want (mm/yy). How could I design a report that that would run with various parameters? From what I understood so far, the field in the report must necessarily have the name of the result achieved (ex. 01/07, 02/07, 03/07...). Hope I made myself understandable... Cheers everyon...

Report Options
Hi Everyone, Using Excel 2003. I usually use excel to make forms (glorified word processing) I have recently started to paste data from an Access database tables, and queries into excel. I would like to know how I should set up my spreadsheet to show my data by month, quarter and then yearly. I want my report to show an average percent for the month of April, May, etc then other cells that show the percent per quarter. I don't necessarily need you to tell me how to do it step by step because I think it is going to be alot of steps. For right now, I have 2 sheets and ...

Problems with Access 2000 reports in Access 2003
Hi, we have a sent out a 2000 format access database to a client running Access 2003. When trying to open any of the reports they get an error - "the openreport action was cancelled" - Not sure if they get this by running the report from the database window or if it's only when done through a form (buttons that run docmd.openreport when pressed). Is anyone aware of any issues that may be causing this? I couldn't find anything elsewhere on the MS site. Thanks - Angie P.S. the reports work fine in 2000 and XP. ...

Add the same field twice to a pivot table but filter one of them?
In my datasheet, I have a "cost" column and a "date" column so each cost has an associated date. In my pivot table, I've added the "cost" as a field, which shows the total and this is fine. However, I'd like to add the "cost" as a field again and this time selecting which dates to include in the cost number so that I have two cost fields side by side. Is something like this possible? Hi That is not possible in the same PT. You will need to set up a second PT based upon the same data set as the first but do NOT use the same Pivot Cache to save ...

Determining and Printing a specific page
I have a HUGE Excel spreadsheet and I only want to print a certain page. Is there any way that I can tell what page the row resides on so that I can specifically print only that page of the spreadsheet??? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks in advance! "wnfisba" <wnfisba@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F732030-938F-411B-9C46-B1885E6EAD33@microsoft.com... >I have a HUGE Excel spreadsheet and I only want to print a certain page. Is > there any way that I can tell what page the row resides on so that I can > specifically print only that p...

spreadsheet does not print as large as created
I have created a spreadsheet in Excel 2002. Simple layout with number, name, address,blank, blank,number. I created with large font size (28 or 32). I want the columns large enough for me to write in blanks and make notes. When the document is printed (hp laser 5p) the size of the font is not increased. Jim Morgan Memphis Tn Probably because that printer (driver) will not support that font and/or size. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software Granite Shoals, TX donaldb@281.com "Jim Morgan" <jmorgan7@midsouth.rr.com> wrote in message news:06ce01c34dfe$29c53d90$a401280a@phx.gb...

Printing Question
I have a report that I have been doing in Excel but is better done in Access. However, the report is too large to print on a single page and that is a necessity. With Excel, I just adjusted the scaling. I can't seem to do that with Access I've also tried exporting from Access to Excel, but the calculated fields are not exported. Any suggestions on how I can print the report on one page? Sorry, when I posted, it said there was an error and that I should try posting later. "randlesc" wrote: > I have a report that I have been doing in Excel but is bett...

i can change the font on the screen to be large but can't print t.
i am trying to make the print on my spreadsheet larger. i can change the font on the screen but it still prints the smaller font?????help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hi Maybe in the Page Setup you have this setting "fit to1 by 1 page" -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "tj" <tj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:244325C6-A407-4CD8-BE76-75AB3C93A78A@microsoft.com... >i am trying to make the print on my spreadsheet larger. i can change the > font on the screen but it still prints the smaller font?????help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

Excel Database
I'm developing a database in Excel and I need some help with macros. The scenario: It's a database of drink short takes for a bar. Each tab has a different summary category, such as spirits, wines, cocktails, etc... Cells in each summary tab links to a new tab, where the data for that entry is explained (the short take sheets themselves). Short take planner Now, imagine a simple monthly calendar, each cell corresponding to each day of the month that has a drop down list of values to choose from. First, I would like to make this drop down list show data from the...

Print Command Button Corrupted
Hi Guys, Does anyone know how to recreate a corrupted button in Excel 2000? Basically the Print button comes up with error messages when I press onto it. Printing works fine if you select from the File menu, it is just the button. I thought there was a tool to recreate buttons but cannot find it. I have also run detect and repair which did nothing (Surprise surprise! lol) Any ideas would be much appreciated. Try this: In Excel XP, View, Toolbars, Customize. Select the Standard toolbar and Click the Reset Button. Note, that this will cause any customization that you may have made to you...

Text fields in report writer
I have a modified report dictionary, when I go into a report layout and enter a text field, when I tab off the field what I wrote is converted to something totally different. Has anyone seen this before? Reports that I have been using for months suddenly the text fields print something totally different. ????? Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you! Hi J. We use a shared dictionary located on our server, and I find text fields do not "travel" well - ie. I often lose info if I export a report out of the dictionary to work on it. What I do is make a copy of the enti...

Why are checks printing incorrect amounts? Please help.
When I print a Payables check batch, several invoices within the batch are printing incorrectly as $0.00 amount, even though it should be paying off a certain amount. The problem seems to be with invoices that are applied to credit memos. Say I have an invoice for $500 and I apply a credit memo of $80 to the invoice, when I go back to pay the invoice, it should pay $420, but instead it shows $0.00 under amount paid column of check stub. Does anyone know why this is occuring? By the way, I am using MICR check printing. ...

Macro to generate 120 Graphs and put them into ONE sheet
The attached files has 120+ items that need to graphed against the date I have tried to write a script that would automatically graph but ca not: 1) Get the For loop to generate multiple graphs 2) figure out how to arrange the grpahs in ONE sheet neatly Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you !!! Shankar -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com sorry - here is the fil Attachment filename: tester.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=66758 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you don't n...

Printing on 2 sides of a page?
How can I print a 2 page spreadsheet on the front and back of the same sheet of paper? Using Excel 2008. Thanks! It depends on whether your printer supports duplex printing. Check your printer's features to find out. If it does, the setting will be available in the Print dialog. You can also do a "manual duplex" job by printing page 1 (or 'Odd pages'), flipping the paper yourself, then print page 2 (or 'Even pages')... If it's only 2 pages that might be the simplest approach. -- HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac "Rick"...