MO created from sales order

We generate MOs silently from our sales order if there is an inventory
shortage. Now we want to change things slightly:

1. We want MOs to be generated from sales orders if sales orders are placed
on site A.
2. We do not want MOs to be generated from sales orders if sales orders are
placed on site B.

How can I set this up in Great Plains? any ideas are welcome.

0
jacktundra (359)

Best option is Item Resource Planning. If Site is A then Replenishment Method
is Make, if B then Buy.
--
http://ddelprado.blogspot.com

"Jack Tundra" wrote:

> We generate MOs silently from our sales order if there is an inventory
> shortage. Now we want to change things slightly:
>
> 1. We want MOs to be generated from sales orders if sales orders are placed
> on site A.
> 2. We do not want MOs to be generated from sales orders if sales orders are
> placed on site B.
>
> How can I set this up in Great Plains? any ideas are welcome.

0
Dukester (155)
5/1/2006 8:46:02 PM
Duke - Do you think that sales orders look at Item Resource Planning or Item
Engineering data.

"Dukester" <dukester@discussions.microsoft.com.> wrote in message
> Best option is Item Resource Planning. If Site is A then Replenishment
> Method
> is Make, if B then Buy.
> --
> http://ddelprado.blogspot.com
>

> "Jack Tundra" wrote:
>
>> We generate MOs silently from our sales order if there is an inventory
>> shortage. Now we want to change things slightly:
>>
>> 1. We want MOs to be generated from sales orders if sales orders are
>> placed
>> on site A.
>> 2. We do not want MOs to be generated from sales orders if sales orders
>> are
>> placed on site B.
>>
>> How can I set this up in Great Plains? any ideas are welcome.

0
jacktundra (359)

create target or placeholder for imported excel document?
I have a Publisher 2002 document that contains a table created in Excel and pasted into the document. This spreadsheet data is periodically renewed. I delete the old table and paste in a new Excel document created by a coworker. Is there a way to create a placeholder or target for pasting the spreadsheet into the same position? I'm spending too much time moving the new spreadsheet into position each time. Now in Publisher, I select table>delete table> In Excel, I select and copy the spreadsheet In Publisher I paste. The new selection pastes mostly off the template onto the work area...

Urgent
Hi, I urgently need to Change the user name order in the CRM for existing users. Eg (First, Last) (First, Last) (Last, First) (First, Last) (Last, Fisrt) How do i change all the names currently in the system to be arranged from (Last, First) without disabling the users and creating new users. Urgently awaiting a response. Jefferson Run the following statement in SQL Query Analyser on your _MSCRM database UPDATE SystemUserBase SET FullName = FirstName + ',' + LastName It is unsupported but I have run similar statements many times successfully. Back up first would be wise &...

Create and set up custom forms in OWA
Hey there! I read, that it is possible to convert custom forms to asp so that they can be used in OWA. Is there another tool than Microsoft Outlook HTML Form Converter to do the conversion-part? Do you know of an article that describes exactely how to set up such a form and where to install it etc. Like: What to do after I turned the Outlook custom form into an ActiveServerPage? Thanks for any help, Reto. ...

Auto PO re-Order Help
Ok I use auto re-order to generate PO from lets say X Corp. Min. set @ 10 and Max set @ 40, so I generate Po which auto re-orders 30 Items from X Corp. Now 2 days later I need use auto re-order to create another PO from same vendor but not fpr the Items already on 1st Po/In transist but it does add these same Items if I have sold 3 it tries to order 3 even know I have seven in stock and 30 on the way? Is there a setting to make this program see that I already have 30 on order? -- Proink Have you pout the PO as "Order Placed"? as I know system counts qty on PO. "Proin...

Open Contact problem when create new email
Hi, When I reinstaled my windows and oulook, I just copy all these office data file (mailbox, outlook, extend) from my backup to the new \Document and Setting\user\local\....\outlook\ and I can see alll my inbox and contact, but when I try to create new email and try to select contact name , there is an error message come out "The address list couldnott be displayed. The contact folder associateed with this adress list couldnot be opened ..." and then i can't see all my conttact. How to fix this? TIA Yanto It is not unusual for the Outlook Address Book to "lose track"...

Create (Master) Template
Hi all, I have a number of files in Word 2003 (doc) format which are to form a Memoirs Coffee table type book (I Hope), these files have text and graphics both embeded and linked. I am having lots of trouble trying to setup Publisher - 2003- to make a "book". The Pub setup for templates I cannot grasp too well. I imagine that I require a number of master pub templates with some style sheets etc, one for say the intro area with a different layout to say a TOC master, then the body chapters and an index master etc. I have hunted down some info but still I cannot get the template...

Creating drop down menus
Does anyone know how to create drop down menus in excel? e.g. to be able to click on a heading which produces a list and then select from the list. Mark, You probably want Data Validation (from the little info given). Check out help and Debra Dalgleish's site at http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F308CF2-5742-4A7E-A7C4-5EDF6807CE6F@microsoft.com... > Does...

on order report
is there a report that give on order quantity by supplier of a department Hi there, Retail Analytics from Professional Advantage will give you that report and more. Basically, anything that is captured in RMS can be reported on using Retail Analytics. We have the Up Close and Personal (UCAP) program available for RMS clients. UCAP - we have streamlined a process to get RMS client's data in house, load our product and then demonstrate the full power of the product on the data for FREE! If this is something that you would be intersetd in, please let me know and I can get the pro...

Creating Command Buttons from VBA
The code doTEST_XLS below creates a command button. Once the button is created, in VBA, how do I create the sub or function I want to run? For example, if I want to create this MsgBox, what must I add to my doTEST_XLS code? Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() MsgBox ("Hello World!") End Sub This creates the comand button: Sub doTEST_XLS() Dim objXL As Object Dim strWhat As String, boolXL As Boolean Dim objActiveWkb As Object If fIsAppRunning("Excel") Then Set objXL = GetObject(, "Excel.Application") boolXL = False Else Se...

creating directory with mail merge-Word 2008 and Excel

Urgent! When I send a mail to a distribution list last contact in alphabetical order comes first
Hello, When I sent a mail to a distribution list for example like this: (In alphabetical order by name) 1. Amelie - amelie@abc.com 2. John - john@abc.com 3. Linda - linda@abc.com 4. Susan - susan@abc.com 5. Tom - tom@abc.com Mail reaches everybody without a problem. That is ok. But when I look at my sent items (Or at the recepient) to this mail I see a sort order in To column like this: To: Tom (tom@abc.com); Amelie (amelie@abc.com) ; John (john@abc.com); Linda (linda@abc.com) ; Susan (susan@abc.com) Why the last contact comes first and the others are in the true order?? I...

VBA-Ho how to change order of designs in the collection
Hi everybody, PP 2007 I have two templates in my PP. I used the following code to change the thier order in the collection ActivePresentation.Designs(2).MoveTo 1 but this code doesn't work. Any suggestions how I can change this order. I In other words when you click on layout dropdown it shows the first templates with its associated layout and then shows next template with its layout and ... I want to switch those twmplates position( first goes to second postion and second goes to the first postion) -- Best regards, Edward The code seems to work to move the master bu...

Create Report using fields from Form's datasheet
I have a form in datasheet view and I have a control that allows me to view and hide various fields. I would like to be able to click a button to create a report for printing using the fields that are visible on the datasheet. I don't need to be able to save the report for later use. I'd like it to open the report in layout view so I can edit field sizes and what not to ensure the report fits on one page (usually). Thanks again! I would just push the data to Excel. -- Duane Hookom MS Access MVP "Gntlhnds" <Gntlhnds@discussions.microsoft.com>...

how to creat a lined page?
HOW CAN I CREAT A LINED PAGE? IM TRYING TO MAKE MY OWN NOTEBOOKS. IM NOT EVEN SURE IF POWER POINT WOULD BE THE RIGHT SOFTWARE TO USE. "DANNY T" <DANNY T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F3CFF0B-3D29-4C43-80CE-FED4474A89DD@microsoft.com... > HOW CAN I CREAT A LINED PAGE? IM TRYING TO MAKE MY OWN NOTEBOOKS. IM NOT > EVEN > SURE IF POWER POINT WOULD BE THE RIGHT SOFTWARE TO USE. No it wouldn't. And please turn off the caps lock. What is it you're trying to do? I mean, why create a lined page? Also, typing in all caps impli...

Assign previous purchases to newly created customer
How do I assign previous purchases to a newly created customer? For example a customer my have made a few purchases last year and declined to give information at that time. Now they are willing to be entered into RMS, however the previous purchases are not associated with them in RMS. Thx *********************************************************** MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR DATABASE BEFORE DOING ANY UPDATE QUERIES IF YOU ARE UNCOMPFORTABLE WITH MAKING THESE TYPES OF CHANGES CONSULT YOUR LOCAL RMS PARTNER FOR HELP *********************************************************** First you need t...

Creating Images for Templates.
When you go to open a Microsoft Template, it gives you a nice little image of the template you are going to open in the Template window. When I go to open a template I created, all I see is a picture with some lines on it (representing writing) and a black X on the bottom. Is there any way to create a picture to go along with my templates, like the ones MS has for their own documents? I tried checking off the "Save Thumbnail" option when saving, but that didn't do anything. Any ideas? Saving the thumbnail does it for me. -- Hope this helps. Please rep...

access 2007 dynamic creating child and master link fields on subfo
I have a form used for searching, and a subform displaying by default a datasheet of the table being searched. there is a listbox above that displays the results as the user types. with a click of a button, those results can be mirrored to the subform (recordsource is changed through vba). this works fine i naccess 2003. in access 2007, after the update, access seems to be automatically creating master and child link fields on the subform between itself and the main form. it is doing this on it's own on 5 forms set up the same way but for searching different tables. any...

Entering Transfers and Orders without duplicating?
I have a little problem dealing with transferring items from our warehouse to one of our branches and then entering the same items on an order without duplicating the process and entering each item twice (once on the transfer ticket and once on the order). I want to be able to transfer items from one site to another site and then be able to transfer the entire transfer onto an order without having to re-enter the items onto an order. So in essence, it would sort of be a multifaceted order in which the 1st step is to transfer the order from our warehouse to one of our branches. And ...

Is it Possible to get rid of a System created Realtionship
The situation is that I would like it so that opportunities will only be able to be associated with Accounts. Currently they can be associated with Accounts or Contacts. Anyone have any ideas on how I could accomplish this since I cannot delete the system created relationship between Contacts and Oppurtunities. What you can do is hide this relationship from the user (remove the original lookups and set the relationship on the other end to no be displayed in the menu). Then create a new relationship between account and opportunity. If need be you can copy the value from the new looku...

Inventory Batch re-create after checklink
I saw a orphaned batch in Inventory, therefore I deleted it and I checked the SY00500 table to make sure it is gone. However; I ran the CheckLink, it is recreated itself, why? I tried a couple times, and check the SY00500 table too. Whenever I ran the checklink, the inventory batch created itself. After checklink, the report said... Batch number XXXX has been added. -- Kane Kane, Apparently there is an unposted transaction sitting out there. When you run checklinks, it is re-creating a batch associated with the transaction(s). Run a Smartlist on inventory transactions and filter ...

is this an efficient method of creating random numbers?
fot random numbers 0 to 10 =ROUND((RAND()*10),0) for random numbers 0 - 100 =ROUND((RAND()*100),0) for rand numbers 0 -1000 =ROUND((RAND()*1000),0) etc etc cheers : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com oh. i am trying to figure out how to creat numbers between a certain range.... eg between 3 to 9 i can only do 0 - 10 at the moment any ideas appreciated. cheers --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ For 3 - 9 try =INT(RAND()*(10-3)+3) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "sokevin >" <<sokevin.11llqj@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in messag...

"Create entity" privilege and Access Rights
Hi I'm learning Dynamics CRM 4.0. When opening a security role, I can see that for entities, for the Create privilege I can select the access rights none / user owner / business unit / Parent-Child / organization. I do not understand whay do I need all these. In my oppinion a user has or has not the privilege to create an entity. Please help me figure this out. Thanks ! Hi Ciprian, I suggest you read about business units and understand how they work before looking at the security roles. If you have only one business unit configured, then you are right, you don't need all the...

Ordering Folders in 2007
I have a need to customize folder display order. Right now, they sort alphabetically. I need to order them by importance. So, instead of Arhcive, Policies, Procedures and WINs, I want Policies, Procedures, WINs and Archive. Any suggestions? On Mar 22, 4:47=A0pm, mgauf <mg...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I have a need to customize folder display order. Right now, they sort > alphabetically. I need to order them by importance. So, instead of > Arhcive, Policies, Procedures and WINs, I want Policies, Procedures, > WINs and Archive. Any suggestions? Something similar was recen...

Create field from table with no join
I have a table that holds a master census date. I need to add this census date to be generated in a field in another query, but obviously cannot provide any linkage. Short of hard-coding this date (which changes every week) I cannot get the date to be generated within the query, HELP! Ta On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 08:01:03 -0800, Andy <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a table that holds a master census date. I need to add this census >date to be generated in a field in another query, but obviously cannot >provide any linkage. Short of hard-coding this date (which...

Purchase Order Generator and "Include Orders with No Vendor ID"
GP 8.0, SQL We use Purchase Order Generator. We have a problem with employees not unchecking the box "Include Orders with No Vendor ID" What constitutes an order with no vendor ID? And how can I correct the data? I would like to remove this situation so it doesn't matter whether or not the box is checked. Thanks, Jason ------=_NextPart_0001_63AB11D9 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Jason, Thank you for posting to the Great Plains Newsgroups. PO generator looks at the Primary vendor associated to the Item/site combination. If you go to Cards ...